The Daily Catch Seaport
2 Northern Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Daily Catch Seaport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Phone: (617) 772-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Basil Freddura
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: For catering inquire please contact: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total. Visit our website and download our function menu: www.dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6177724400
- Special Events: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total.
A word from The Daily Catch Seaport
With our black pasta dish: Aglio Olio rated top 100 in the country, The Daily Catch - Seaport is considered by many as the best place to enjoy Pasta, Seafood and most importantly Calamari in Boston. Footsteps from the water, you can enjoy the ocean breeze while sipping wine or cocktails on our Outdoor Patio. Or you can sit in any of our newly renovated dinning rooms with stunning views of the Boston Harbor and City Skyline while taking in the aroma of fresh ingredients from our open kitchen. We are the #1 Seafood Restaurant in Boston's Seaport District according to Zagat Food Ratings. Your reservation is only a click away! Please note: The Daily Catch - Seaport gladly accepts online reservations for our indoor dining-room. We are, however, unable to accept online reservations for our outdoor patio due to our inability to guarantee favorable weather conditions. Patio seating is offered to patrons, as weather and availability permits, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Thank You!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Daily Catch Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (82)scenic view (75)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (33)romantic (26)great for lunch (20)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice view of the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful team lunch there outside looking at Boston. Good variety of selections for any palate. Recommend for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was terriblephi1045Dined on 8/3/2014Restaurant is owned by 7 brothers. if you get the youngest brother serving you, I recommend walking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 8/3/2014the food is not like there sister restaurant in the northend food was cold seasoning not at all like the northend appetizers were cold sauce to sweet and much more expensive with no drinks one appetizer and our meal for 2 no desert the bill was over 100.00 would not go back or refer this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:
- lobster fra diavalo was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The Daily Catch that we went to located in Seaport, just a few walks from the Barking Crab. If you are seated outdoors, you would be able to enjoy the bay view. We went to dine for my boyfriend's birthday, we chose to be seated inside as it was chilly outside, very odd considering it's in August. Indoors seating was okay, if it wasn't cold out, we would probably choose to sit outside. Service was good, server was friendly, nothing exceptional though. We ordered Lobster Fra Diavalo for 2, we wanted to try as the pictures of this specific dish was all over on Yelp, and we also ordered Calamari plate as appetizer. The Lobster Fra Diavalo came in a pan, very large portion even for the two of us, it was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Food was exceptional, nice wine list, staff was unorganized and our group felt rushed all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the viewfooooodieDined on 8/1/2014The food was great, and the location/view was even better, but the food was completely overpriced.Special Features:
- Good spotDabsDined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious and the view was amazing. I will definitely recommend to others and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view worth lousy service?RBNYCVIPDined on 7/31/2014I took my good friend out for her birthday and I told them it was a special occasion (birthday). They told me they would put a candle in our dessert and were glad we told them. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant - right next to the entrance - it could not have been a busier spot. The dinner was very good, although our waitress did not seem to know we existed, had any personality, and was not very knowledgeable about the menu. She took the wine menu away after we asked for water - I guess if you drink water, you don't want wine? We had to ask for it back. She never offered us dessert and again, had to ask for a menu and guess what - no candle on the dessert. It was a disappointment for me. The view was great!Special Features:
- Five stars!LizQDined on 7/30/2014If you go to The Daily Catch you will have an amazing meal and outstanding service. I don't know of many places in Boston where you can regularly & reliably get both top-quality food and service. Go to The Daily Catch Seaport, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at 7DaveDined on 7/30/2014We arrived early for our 7PM reservation and were seated immediately. We ordered wine and apps, and they arrived after a wait. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals, though our server said they ran out of the wine we ordered and they gave my wife tuna instead of the swordfish she ordered. The black pasta was excellent.Special Features:
- The following 399 reviews are from the The Daily Catch Seaport reviews archive.
- very disappointedScarlettDined on 7/27/2014Inefficient service, long waits even for the addition. Very disappointing dishes. heavy and greasy. Our worst meal in Boston.
- Not worth the money.ccdinersDined on 7/26/2014The only thing memorable about the night was the view of Boston Harbor. The grilled scallop and shrimp entrée? Disgrace for the $20.00+ price paid. Got three medium shrimp and two scallops with a bowl of mediocre pasta and sauce, not so special. Bread for table, stale and pats of butter. Not so Italian. How about some nice crusty bread with olive oil. One in party ordered frozen mudslide. Evidently no blender (hello, it's summer time!) so an on the rocks drink brought to table without asking if wanted, sent back. Ordered Bailey's on the rocks. OK, literally, ice with one finger high liquor in rocks glass. Go to Atlantic Seafood. Not quite the view, but great for people watching, and enjoy a plate of great seafood.Special Features:
- Caught by the Daily CatchLoisVIPDined on 7/23/2014First the superb location sitting outdoors so close to Boston harbor followed by charming service and delicious food keeps bring us back. We have visited this place 3 times with a group of 8 and each time everyone was happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...TimNDined on 7/21/2014Fantastic meal and service. But, we found worms in our cod, and, although is a naturally occurring phenomenon, the fish was no longer appetizing. The manager wanted to charge us for the percentage of fish eaten (?), rather than write off the one dish. After showing him the error of his logic, he capitulated and did not charge for the one cod. We will definitely return, though, because this was a mere bump in the road.Special Features:
- Nice waterfrontHerbwymVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food excellent. Lobster & Black Pasta plate outstanding. Service rather slow. Strange that bar menu did not include traditional cocktails, no idea why. Could be a major drawback for those of us who love martinis and oysters.Special Features:
- Fun and great serviceBaltoGalDined on 7/19/2014We loved the black pasta, everyone should try this, at least as a side. We all had seafood or vegetables with the pasta. Wine fairly reasonable. The outdoor seating is great especially as the sun sets and the city lights up across the water. Great location, we were a short walk from our hotel and found it safe and interesting stroll. All the staff upbeat and helpful, which surprised us frankly, given this appeared to have lots of tourists dining. Our server was a fabulous young man, personable and helpful.Special Features:
- Didn't stay to eat.DisappointedDined on 7/18/2014I can't review the food because after sitting for over 15 minutes with no waiter acknowledging us--we left. Not even any offer of water. Horrible service. My recommendation goes to The Barking Crab next door. They have a great view, responsive staff, and great food.Special Features:
- Unpleasant experienceGauchoVIPDined on 7/15/2014We arrived a little early so we had a seat in the lounge area outside. After at least ten minutes we noticed that the server had waited on two other parties that arrived after us so we had to walk into the bar and order our drinks from the bartender. Not a good start. Our reservation was for 7:30pm. We were seated at 7:50pm. Our first round of drinks and our appetizer arrived promptly. We ordered our entree's at approximately 8:00pm At 8:45pm we asked our serve to check on our food. Of course he said it coming right up. At 9:05pm dinner arrived along with my salad which I would have preferred to have beforehand. Not a good experience and we will not be returning to The Daily Catch.
- Wow Views, Meh Food, Blah ServiceSquammyDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated my mother's 60th birthday at The Daily Catch on the recommendation of a co-worker. Although we had a reservation for 7:45, our table wasn't ready until 8:00, but it was worth the wait! They seated our group of 7 right on the edge of the patio, so we had a direct view of the seaport and the harbor. The seating was very comfortable, too. Our group was very impressed! But it was all downhill from there. Our (young) waitress wasn't very attentive and took forever to bring our drinks let alone the free bread let alone our food. The restaurant was out of almost every beer my husband tried to order. Food was so-so. Menu very limited. Meals come out in the metal pans they were cooked in -- I guess that's the restaurant's gimmick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a shametasteandsensabilityDined on 7/12/2014A waste of a good view. So mediocre. Not terrible but just not good enough to return to.Special Features:
- Good Food with Terrible ServiceLaurieVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is very good at Daily Catch. The monkfish marsala is outstanding and the shrimp, scallops and broccoli over past was very tasty and fresh. However, the service is appalling. We waited over ten minutes for someone to come to our table and then they told us they were busy and would be back soon. Finally a manager took our order. The salads came out before the drinks. Then the entree appeared about 2 minutes past the salad. Finally we again had to wait about ten minutes to find someone to get a check. The noise level is very uncomfortable. There is the noise of the road and then loud music piped in over the top. Go for the food but beware of the service.
- Go for the viewNIXVIXDined on 7/11/2014The food and service at this restaurant is just so-so. The homemade squid ink pasta is great, but the sauce on the Puttanesca was uninspired. The French fries were delicious, but the fried fish was dry. The grilled vegetables were more steamed than grilled - and bland. The squid in the pasta with garlic/oil/wine sauce was overcooked. The biscotti for dessert was poor quality and stale. The service was uneven. But all that doesn't matter when you are sitting outside on a summer day or evening looking out over the water at the Boston harbor. If you go for the view and don't expect much from the food, you will have a lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waterfront gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014I had been craving their black pasta since I tried it a year ago in the Brookline location but the Seaport location was as magnificent as the food was good. Also the Seaport location is much more spacious than the other locations which makes for a completely different atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodPmc1117Dined on 7/7/2014We've eaten several times at The Daily Catch and the food is always great. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local place goes tourist trapKittyVIPDined on 7/6/2014On a nice Sunday early afternoon when one wants lunch or brunch in the neighborhood, this place only serves dinner. And at $22 for fish & chips I recommend going to Legal's for half the price and less grease. In addition, when ordering iced tea be weary of getting refills as offered by the waitress because you will be charged $4.25 each time. Spending close to $13 on iced tea makes Starbucks look like a bargain!Special Features:
- This is what they do for a living?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Arrived early for 8:45 dinner reservation on a beautiful evening. Waitress in bar was outstanding; appetizer was good. Moved to our table on time - 8:45. Waited about 20 minutes to see our waitress - no water, no bread, no fun. The waitress was pleasant, but appeared harried and tired. By 9:30 my wife had her glass of wine. Placed our dinner order and had some bread/butter thrown our way. Literally, thrown. Busboys were busy, too. Waited and waited. Waitress came by once or twice to apologize. No offer of appetizers, etc. Just sat and waited. Around 10:30 we explained that we were hungry and we were leaving. They explained that our food was just coming out! We declined. They did charge us for the glass of wine, of course!
- Can't beat the viewMediumRareDined on 6/29/2014On the one hand, I love this restaurant because it has excellent outdoor dining and the best view of the Boston waterfront. On the other hand, the food should be much better, e.g., their pasta or salads with shrimp are very good, but VERY skimpy on the shrimp (in fact, the salads are just skimpy altogether) - and they could do much better with the bread. Even worse is the service. The last time I was there for lunch (mostly empty), we waited way too long for our food and was given some excuse for the hold up. This time (a Sunday night), there was another excuse for the slow service. Not enough cooks and skimpy meals...I'm wondering if the place has a management problem (at least the wait staff is very nice)...too cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MANGIA CALAMARIJPSPATHVIPDined on 6/28/2014The outdoor patio serves up spectacular views of the Boston Harbor and City Skyline. We chose as our entrees the Monkfish Marsala and the Stuffed Calamari. The monkfish medallions were tasty and well prepared with an olive oil and garlic clam sauce served over imported linguine. The stuffed calamari was prepared with a sicilian style stuffing over imported linguine fini pasta served in the pan. Both entrees were more than we could eat although we did save room to share a delicious Limoncello Marscapone. The staff appeared inexperienced and although some reviews in the past complained about the service we found them to be prompt, accurate and attentive. Overall it was a very pleasant experience at a reasonable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office PartyJRDDMDDined on 6/27/2014Fit the bill for a fun Friday night out with the office crew. We ate outside overlooking the water and had a pleasant experience with a good selection of entrees to satisfy everyone's various wants. Staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NETWODined on 6/22/2014Excellent seafood and seafood pasta dishes with outdoor seating, great views of Boston Harbor and downtown buildings and sunset light. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, Meh foodJamesWVIPDined on 6/22/2014Food was ok but not great, tourist level. Choice of sides - pasta and salad with entree, but salad was served at same time as entree. Long wait for food. We did not get olive oil for the bread but adjacent tables did. Bread was tasteless. Better food quality options with waterfront dining down the street.Special Features:
- Daily CatchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014I've dined here many times. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and viewMizzoufanDined on 6/19/2014Our friends recommended The Daily Catch because of the great food. We decided to dine at this location because we were able to make reservations and did not have to pay with cash. The food, service, and view were fantastic! Be sure to try the calamari and garlic bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CalamariOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014If you like/love calamari then this is the place to go. I've never seen that many ways to serve calamari on one menu beforeSpecial Features:
- thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014great business dinner and the daily catch backed me up.Special Features:
- Great Food and Views. Poor Service!FrSeed2StomachDined on 6/18/2014I brought some international colleagues here for a taste and view of Boston. We made a 5:15 reservation for a Wednesday evening. They seated us promptly even though we were still waiting for colleagues to join us. We had several wait staff attend to us throughout the evening and while they were all very nice, our head waiter was not what I would expect from The Daily Catch. He messed up several of our orders and was slow to fix his errors (forgetting drinks, bringing salads and soups out immediately before the main course, mispronouncing "al dente," etc). I ordered a cup of clam chowder and got a bowl. My colleague ordered the lobster fra diavlo with the squid ink pasta but got regular pasta. His responses were not apologetic.Special Features:
- fell far short of expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014I understand the waiter was training and this isn't too bash him but he was very bad. wrong drinks on several orders and even after correcting the waiter he still brought the wrong drinks. he knew very little about the menu and brought the wrong food to two of us. food was not hot when served (not cold but not hot either, like it was sitting for several minutes before being served) the food itself was fair. "World famous calimari" was unimpressive and overly fried so all I really tasted was the thick batter. don't think I'll be backSpecial Features:
- We'll be back!NoNameDined on 6/15/2014Our table was ready on time. The service was relaxed, not too slow. The seared tuna was excellent and cooked perfectly. The grilled shrimp and scallops over veges were also perfectly cooked. Not pretentious--just good food!Special Features:
- skippeighDined on 6/14/2014The food was good but not impressive. The service was excellent. My dish was served in the pan. It was annoying having my utensils falling into my food and having to wrangle with the handle of the pan. It reminded me of college days of eating out of the pan so I wouldn't have to wash more dishes.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceFoodiegirlVIPDined on 6/11/2014Food was great. Grilled scallops and shrimp with salad. Service was poor. Waitstaff was pleasant, but didn't come to take our order for a long time. We had to flag someone down twice to order. After receiving dinner, didn't see them again. Had to go and find someone for the check. Wasn't even busy. Was also pricey for amount of food.Special Features: