The Daily Catch Seaport
2 Northern Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Daily Catch Seaport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Phone: (617) 772-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Basil Freddura
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: For catering inquire please contact: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total. Visit our website and download our function menu: www.dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6177724400
- Special Events: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total.
A word from The Daily Catch Seaport
With our black pasta dish: Aglio Olio rated top 100 in the country, The Daily Catch - Seaport is considered by many as the best place to enjoy Pasta, Seafood and most importantly Calamari in Boston. Footsteps from the water, you can enjoy the ocean breeze while sipping wine or cocktails on our Outdoor Patio. Or you can sit in any of our newly renovated dinning rooms with stunning views of the Boston Harbor and City Skyline while taking in the aroma of fresh ingredients from our open kitchen. We are the #1 Seafood Restaurant in Boston's Seaport District according to Zagat Food Ratings. Your reservation is only a click away! Please note: The Daily Catch - Seaport gladly accepts online reservations for our indoor dining-room. We are, however, unable to accept online reservations for our outdoor patio due to our inability to guarantee favorable weather conditions. Patio seating is offered to patrons, as weather and availability permits, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Thank You!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Daily Catch Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)scenic view (71)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (32)romantic (23)great for lunch (19)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Been there twice and I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011Been there twice and I have yet to see anything really special about the menu based on we've ordered. Not bad, but I just expect a lot more from the Daily Catch.Special Features:
- It is a catchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2011Because I use to work in the area, I had been to the Daily Catch Seaport before, but only during lunch time hours. I have always wanted the dine there during the evening hours and Monday, August 29, 2011, I finally did it. My date and I found it very pleasant. The weather was perfect, (not too windy, not cold, not hot) and the lights from the buildings across the water add to the ambiance superbly. The view of the city line along the water from the restuarant was nice to enjoySpecial Features:
- Daily Catch WaterfrontRobertFrostDined on 8/26/2011Outdoor dining under the Loggia is quite nice with a spectacular view of the city. Food is good but lacks imagination. Service was slow.Special Features:
- service wasnterrible forntheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2011service wasnterrible fornthe price ofnthe food. What waiter doesn't know the salad dressings thebrest has....and you sit forever before they will refill your wine. I always had to get their attention and call them to come over . Food was ok but they served it late was just slightly warm. So then you just drink the wine because they can't mess that up! Not worth it!
- Worst Service for a largeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2011Worst Service for a large group of people that I have encountered in a very long time. Great for casual small parties. Terrible for large parties even with a reservation. Service is everything.
- Service needs a major upgradeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2011This was the second poor experience we have had at the daily catch. Reservatkions mean nothing as everyone waits in line and then the staff seems irritated that you expect a tablle. Once seated after a 40 minute wait the poor service continues with food coming out at different times. It's a nice spot and food is pretty good but it is off our list for good after 2 terrible nights - dining out should be enjoyable.
- Lunch was great, and a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011Lunch was great, and a small group of old friends were able to converse with ease (except for those with a hearing problem!! their loss!! Construction was happening inside so dining outside was our only choice, which was fine with all of us until an gigantic rain squall came thru'. There wasn't really much protection from the elements. However, I am sure that we will be back next summer.Special Features:
- On a warm summer night theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2011On a warm summer night the patio is a great place to be. The grilled swordfish and tune got raves but the hit of the evening was the black pasta ala oglioSpecial Features:
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2011Terrible food, horrific service, very disappointed. Will never return or recommend.
- the service was horrible;OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2011the service was horrible; I would never recommend The Daily Catch SeaportI called the manager to follow up and have never received a return callover priced and extremely poor serviceSpecial Features:
- Great view of BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2011People who knew the Daily Catch from North End were very disappointed with the pasta. As for me, I had ordered grilled seafood, and it was perfect. I wanted to dine on a patio with a view on Boston. The view was indeed great, and better, as the patio is covered, we could indeed dine on the patio and enjoy the view despite the rain that was pouring that night.Special Features:
- Hi - We had dinner at theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2011Hi - We had dinner at the Daily Catch prior to a concert down the street. The food was very good, although they were out of several of the desserts. The construction inside the restaurant is very disruptive and they should do a better job at hiding that. The waitress was very nice and the service was quite good. It was a bit windy, but the view is great. The seafood was extremely fresh!Special Features:
- Our server was nice and triedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011Our server was nice and tried very hard. The food was just so bad that it will be a night to remember, but not in a good way.
- Wonderful seafood restaurant.DonnersDined on 8/5/2011Wonderful seafood restaurant. Their specialty is calamari and they delivered! Each type prepared in the calamari platter were tender. The clam chowder was a hit. It was a prefect night to sit outside. Wonderful experience. Go!Special Features:
- Really over-priced for whatspartyDined on 8/4/2011Really over-priced for what you get. Food and service were very very poor. It's clear they are simply cashing in on their location/view
- Classic Calamari Salad excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2011Classic Calamari Salad excellent. Sicilian Fish Stew bland. Seafood Platter a little too well done.Special Features:
- Good LinguineSsc3201Dined on 7/31/2011The night we visited they were out of both wines we had chosen, had to settle for a different bottle. They were out of tiramisu (but found 1 piece, quite runny and didn't have enough espresso or mascarpone). They only had chocolate covered cannolis. The calamari appetizer was disappointing, heavily breaded. The dinners were excellent though, the grilled salmon, linguine with scallops (white sauce) were excellent.Special Features:
- We had one of the best eveningsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2011We had one of the best evenings dinning here on a beautiful summer night with a harbor side view of the sun setting over the city. Deliciously cooked, simple and down to earth seafood is what you can expect. I half jokingly ask my partner if it would be rude to lick the pan in which my meal was served in because the sauce was that good. This is a hands on family run restaurant, somewhat disheveled, but that is part of the charm of the place. Will definitely go back and will bring friends.Special Features:
- Although I specified thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2011Although I specified that it was our anniversary & requested aial table, no one acknowledge it nor did they give us special table...instead they gave us a bar height table that was very wobbly. We tried to fix it, but saw that it not the base, but the leg that attached the table to the base. The waiter said there was nothing he could do for it. The same table issue applied for the table next to us, & we saw 2 different parties complain to the waiter...he acted surprised both times, just as he did with us. Also, although there were empty tables, the couple next to us asked to move & the waiter said the other tables were unavailable no one ever sat in them.Special Features:
- Terrible experience, feltOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2011Terrible experience, felt like training day for the restaurant. Overcooked tuna that tasted like it came from a can, shoddy service and 20% gratuity added in for our party of 8 even after we complained. E-mail to manager of restaurant was never returned. Will never come back and advise others not to bother.
- Lousy service, unexceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2011Once seated outside in the airy veranda it took our waitress over 10 minutes to come to our table to even offer to get us drinks. She did not go over the specials with us (we had to prompt her), she also said "it's easier for me if I take your entire order now". I was looking forward to a nice seafood meal by the water, what I got was an experience that was more like they couldn't be bothered with serving us.Special Features:
- Just Okay - Nothing spectaularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2011The calamari was actually pretty bad. We told the waitress about it, but it was not taken off our bill. Our dinners were all very good so they redeemed themselves in the end. (Shrimp with black fettucini, Linguini with a white clam sauce and one other item with crab - I forget now). The inside dining room was being renovated and no customers were allowed inside. It's a good thing we wanted to sit outside. If we were there the week before when there was a heat wave (100+ degrees during the day), we would have been uncomfortable. The outside dining area is nice and it provides a casual dining atmosphere which is what we were looking for. Our overall experience was average, but we expected more based upon the restaurant's reputation.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Waterfront DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2011Great outdoor Waterfront dining. The views are superb. Also perfect location to walk along the waterfront walkway after dinner. Pay parking lot directly across the street.Special Features:
- Food was good but everyoneKenSDined on 7/29/2011Food was good but everyone in my party thought that the lunch portions were exceptionally small. It was not very crowded yet it took much too long to get our food. I had to ask for bread for the table...it did not come automaticallySpecial Features:
- We were sorely disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2011We were sorely disappointed. The waiter got one order wrong out of four, served up totally flat coke and never checked back after the food was delivered. Portions even for lunch were small. I am a tiny woman and was able to finish everything without even trying. The worst part was our bill, we tried to flag down our waiter but he was busy chatting up a table of 2 women, then we attracted the attention of the busboy who after 5 minutes got the waiter's attention. We eventually walked the bill inside. If that's not enough the bill was 164.00, which a 20% gratuity was already added. I won't go bsck and unfortuanetly for them news in the financial district travels fast.
- Life is great!!!YumaliciousVIPDined on 7/25/2011Amazing, breathtaking,and delicious!!! The Daily Catch Seaport is a neighborhood gem...it has it all! Friendly staff, foodie menu,and what a view...Special Features:
- too noisy, dull food (we hadMargieMDined on 7/23/2011too noisy, dull food (we had to send the bread back because it was a used basket!) We used to love the old one in the North End.
- First, I want to say thatLisaVIPDined on 7/23/2011First, I want to say that we love this restaurant. We have frequented the Daily Catch in the North End and at the Seaport for as long as I can remember. The food is excellent and the location at the Seaport is wonderful. However, the service is consistently poor at the Seaport. We understand everything is made to order and we don't mind waiting however at least take drink orders during the wait. So, if you can overlook the service, the outdoor dining and food is great.Special Features:
- Having had been to The DailyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2011Having had been to The Daily Catch on Hanover Street in the North End I was looking forward to going to this location as it was outdoor seating on the harbor. I even booked reservations spite the poor reviews by Open Table diners. Over and over reviews talked about the poor service and small servings - both of which I found to be spot on. Not only did I wait for an abnormal amount of time for a beer and wine for my date. I ordered the mussels maranara. I had a very small amount of pasta, overabundance of maranara sauce, and an adequate amount of mussels. The server forgot the salad. When the check came it was all screwed up. We had food and drinks from the table next to us added on. Overall, a tremendous disappointment. Never again.Special Features:
- Great location, beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2011Great location, beautiful view. Server was inattentive and tried to convince us that scrod entree served incorrectly was in fact, swordfish as ordered. Swordfish entree ultimately arrived and was distressingly small for the price. Pasta entree much better than grilled seafood. Nice meal overall but overpriced.Special Features:
- had to give it a 4 on thehanktooDined on 7/22/2011had to give it a 4 on the food as the chowder was some of the best I ever had. The wait staff appeared to be college kids on summer break and were more interested in each other than in serving us. The restaurant would do well to upgrade the staff as the food is good and the view great.Special Features:
- Food was a little pricey forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2011Food was a little pricey for what you get, but that is typical for the waterfront, I guessSpecial Features:
- The only thing this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2011The only thing this restaurant seems to have going for it is it's nice waterfront view and outdoor seating. The food is subpar. I remember the North End location being much better. All of the dishes we ordered were incredibly bland. The pasta dishes lacked any sort of flavor and the grilled fish suffered the same fate. You know something's wrong when our favorite dishes were from the raw bar. Service was quite slow, but our waiter was very nice.Special Features:
- They did not have liquor whileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011They did not have liquor while we wasited for our table, only beer and wine. Then they did not have one of the local beers on the special menu. The view was immpressive of the Boston Harbor and city line and severed for a beautiful night. I had requested a patio table and we were seated at closest to the water. Our waitress was new and it showed. A couple of our requests had to be asked twice. The overall experience was good and wuld have been great if the service was not so slow and disjointed.Special Features:
- Great spot on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2011Terrific outside place with a roof and a beautiful view of the skyline and the water. Food is very good, atmosphere is more romantic than raucous. Service was attentive. Monkfish marsala was fab!Special Features:
- The view is terrific but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2011The view is terrific but food pricey and average. Service was about the most poor I've encountered recently. management seems to be lacking. we were ignored for 15 minutes, given a carafe of tap water but no glasses. After summoning a passing waiter we asked if someone was assigned to our table. He grudgingly agreed to serve us! we asked for a wine list and 15 minutes later got one. Surprise! they were out of the wine we selected. Other than the lovely setting the experience left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Great Italian Right on the HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2011GREAT food. GREAT view. I used to go to the "old" Daily Catch down the street on Northern Ave and always loved the food. Now you have the same great food with a fabulous view of Boston Harbor. A little Frank Sinatra music going. Fabulous wait staff...very helpful. A perfect dinner. Calamari appetizer with red sauce. Ask for the swordfish in the pan with white sauce as it is no longer on the menu. Shrimp and white sauce and Monkfish Marsala...all superb. Wine was fabulous. Bread needs a little help but everything else was perfection.
- The food and atmosphere wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2011The food and atmosphere were outstanding, the service was a little to be desired. I would go again!Special Features:
- We tried this place. It isOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2011We tried this place. It is nice outdoor sitting at the harbor looking to Boston skyline. Our waiter was sort of out of mood but okay wandering around. We started with calamari, it was so so. Main course I had haddock fish plate and my friend had sword fish. She did like it but again I was not easy to be satisfied. We skipped the dessert part not expecting too much from here.Bottom line it is good for outdoor seaside dining. Not gourmet dining or elegant dining.Special Features:
- The service at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2011The service at this restaurant was horrible. I have never before experienced such poor service. The experience was laughable. The food was okay, but certainly not worthy of the prices charged. I will never return.