The Daily Catch Seaport
2 Northern Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Daily Catch Seaport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Phone: 6177724400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Basil Freddura
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: For catering inquire please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total. Visit our website and download our function menu: www.dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6177724400
- Special Events: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total.
A word from The Daily Catch Seaport
With our black pasta dish: Aglio Olio rated top 100 in the country, The Daily Catch - Seaport is considered by many as the best place to enjoy Pasta, Seafood and most importantly Calamari in Boston. Footsteps from the water, you can enjoy the ocean breeze while sipping wine or cocktails on our Outdoor Patio. Or you can sit in any of our newly renovated dinning rooms with stunning views of the Boston Harbor and City Skyline while taking in the aroma of fresh ingredients from our open kitchen. We are the #1 Seafood Restaurant in Boston's Seaport District according to Zagat Food Ratings. Your reservation is only a click away! Please note: The Daily Catch - Seaport gladly accepts online reservations for our indoor dining-room. We are, however, unable to accept online reservations for our outdoor patio due to our inability to guarantee favorable weather conditions. Patio seating is offered to patrons, as weather and availability permits, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Thank You!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Daily Catch Seaport - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
The Daily Catch Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (110)scenic view (107)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (36)romantic (33)special occasion (32)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014my friends and I were in Boston for the weekend just for fun. At brunch our server recommended some restaurants for a late dinner before going out. We picked the Daily Catch based on his recommendation and unfortunately it was a bit of a let down. The food was good but nothing to write home about. Honestly I was most turned off by the wait staff's lack of customer service, we were never properly greeted, no smiles and we were shoved into a little "booth" until I asked to be seated at a higher table that was open. More than anything I was displeased that they seemed so bothered by our 9:45pm reservation. Do not allow a reservation that late if it is such a problem for the kitchen and wait staff.
- Good FindseafoodyDined on 10/25/2014We were looking for a good seafood restaurant and found it. The food was great and very reasonably priced. Our waiter, Alex, was excellent. He was extremely knowledgeable about all the dishes and the portion sizes. Service was fast but we were never rushed. I highly recommend The Daily Catch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Awesome food and service Inadequate ventilation from kitchen Tasty cocktails despite not having a full liquor licenseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but wouldn't go backrollosmomDined on 10/22/2014The decor was uninspiring. It was quiet because the restaurant was basically empty. The presentation of the food was totally bland. The pasta dish we ordered consisted of ground calamari with olive oil, butter and garlic. No garnish. No veggie. Nothing. Totally dull. The baked fish was the same. Halibut with a bread crumb topping and oil/butter. No garnish. No color. The food tasted fine, but lacked pizzazz! If I were to return to Boston, I would definitely not return to this restaurant.
- My favorite resterauntShoptilldawn92Dined on 10/13/2014This is my all time favorite resteraunt. Everything on the menu Is good I always get the monk fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly but slow serviceyumfoodDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is on top of my list to bring my clients when they are visiting Boston. They always love the black ink pasta (they loved it so much that we went back two days later...) The waiter was friendly, but took a long time to come to our table, and he wasn't really "there". It looked like too many young people are working and hanging around the kitchen/bar area, chatting with each other. Food is always good.Special Features:
- JoannDined on 10/6/2014Staff was friendly and helpful. Lighting was very bright giving a stark feel. Swordfish with Vinaigrette was good but very heavy on the sauce, overwhelmed the fish.Special Features:
- Worst Service in YearsmewhoDined on 9/28/2014We dined here for our first dinner in Boston. The service was atrocious - we were seated at 6 and waited until nearly 8 to be served our mains. We were informed our waiter was "overwhelmed" and so another covered; however, it took nearly 20 minutes to flag them down in between drinks, apps, and the mains. No one was actually covering our table-- literally we never had our own waiter. The apps were barely passable. The mains were much better but still disappointing. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Amazing!MarfyDined on 9/27/2014Black pasta with aglio oilo and calamari are the tops!!! Recommend you to go to Daily Catch at Seaport. In the past I went to the one at North End. Seaport was the first time I went. For the future I will go to Seaport as the location is perfect for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the view not qualitySJDishesVIPDined on 9/26/2014I haven't found this place to be as good as the past. You really pay for the view not the food which is sad because it could be a great space. I had a scallop and shrimp dish which for 25 dollars I expected more than 3 shrimp, three shards of scallop and 3 crowns of broccoli. I was really disappointed in the flavor of the dish as well. The appetizers were small and we were charged for the sauce with the calamari that we didn't actually ask for. Forget the garlic bread, its the definition of stale. Overall some attention could really be paid to their dishes, serving size versus price and quality of ingredients I would definitely not want to spend this kind of money at this restaurant again with so many other, better options in the city.Special Features:
- One of the best.BostonDined on 9/25/2014Was here with two other f boys for Parent's Weekend. Went to another location last year, and loved so much that we came back. All three of us replay enjoyed our dinner. The location was a completely different experience from last time, as this one was very large and not as busy feeling. The other, somewhat near Boston College, can't remember the town, was very tiny, crowed and fun in that respect. The Seapeort location must be really nice at sunset, but we there well past dark, so that part lost on us. anyway, we live in Charleston, SC and so good food not hard to come by. But you cannot get this. Will come back next year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014Good middle of the road restaurant. Not high end fancy dining. Not cheap hole in wall place. Entrees come with pasta side, which helps make this a good value. The waterfront views are nice. I happened to be at a small table with two nearby large parties sharing the same waiter, who apologized for the lack of attention; but fortunately I was in no rush that night.Special Features:
- Sicilian Seafood GemMicaela7Dined on 9/18/2014the Daily Catch is a family affair - from the fresh and simple Sicilian style cooking that is their heritage of founders Maria and Paul Freddura to the creative panache of their 7 sons who are marking their mark on the place - there's real care here. It's hard to do seafood and pasta well - usually one or the other suffers just a little, but they have it down with a cook it quickly all-in-one pan approach that nails it every time. If you've never had their Aglio Olio Black Pasta - you simply have not experienced one of the signature dishes of Boston. Also location is fantastic - don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awful service.MaltedMilk15Dined on 9/17/2014We brought a colleague from the Midwest for the gorgeous harbor view. The food was just as good as I expected, fresh, but service was terrible. Seated at 7:30 on a Wednesday, 15 minutes passed before hunting a staff member to ask for menus and water. Our server immediately came over to take our order - we had them for 5 minutes. Returning about 20 minutes later, we ordered a bottle of wine, an appetizer, and entrees. 30 minutes passed before we asked about the app status. It was delivered to the wrong table, and then our entrees were incorrect - asked for white sauce and received red. We didn't leave until 10:45. The food and wine are quality, good for out-of towners or a date, but you have to make a point to be on top of the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Love the food here, obviously the black ink pasta is a fan favorite, but the seafood is fresh, the dishes are all delicious.Special Features:
- let down.MMMMVIPDined on 9/13/2014appetizer, fish stew was brought out cold due to plug being out for soup bowl, however no one seemed to notice, no apology from management was made, or a substitute offered or removal from bill. Inquired about a tasting portion of black pasta for new customer, but was told I would have to purchase a side dish in order to provide a taste of one noodle to a customer who was interested in trying, but who didnt want to waste the food if she didnt enjoy it. Service was slow and waiter one checked in once and I had to signal for his assistance each time following. All around food was decent but below previous experience. overall experience was mediocre. Also restaurant is hidden with poor signs and directions for find location.Special Features:
- What a viewLuvDinnerDined on 9/11/2014The view is everything. Food was very good and everyone in our party was very happy and content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014limited menu and meal received was different than described on the menu.Special Features:
- waterfront diningquietDined on 9/7/2014Great Italian seafood, on the water, would definitely return again.Special Features:
- The Daily Catch-SeaportNicksReviewsDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful setting, unique, delicious food, great service. All of these describe the seaport branch of the wonderful old-school restaurant in the North End..."The Daily Catch." That restaurant has become virtually impossible to get in, because of its 20 seats, and no reservations policy. So it was good news to all the fans of the restaurant when they opened this huge branch. I say "huge," because it holds 100 diners indoors, and 300 more on the patio deck, overlooking the harbor with its boats coming and going. We followed the smell of garlic, which led right to our table, right on the water. The menu is extensive, filled with lots of dishes prepared Sicilian style, and lots of calamari plates...their specialty. Food? Delicious. (5-Stars)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GigiDined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere is wonderful for outdoor dining with a great view of the Boston Harbor. The food and service were excellent. We would definitiely recommend this place for all its notable attributes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best View in BostonKellyjackVIPDined on 9/5/2014A beautiful place to sit outdoors and enjoy the fabulous view of Boston Harbor and Rowe's Wharf. We could not understand why every table wasn't filled on a recent warm Friday evening. The seafood is fresh and well prepared. The salad is great. Next time I'll have to try the squid ink pasta. Our server was friendly and accommodating. Definitely recommend to friends and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Service was slow and poor. It took for ever for food to come out of the kitchen. Dishes were overpriced compared to the quality and quantity. I would recommend for the price pick another restaurant.Special Features:
- Easier location to get into, but...CaseyVIPDined on 9/1/2014should have listened to other diners' reviews. The food was decent, the service was horrendous. We were a party of 3 over labor day weekend and it was pretty quiet in the restaurant. They were out of multiple things we tried to order. The salad didn't come out by the time our entrees came out, so we cancelled it - waiter looked dumbfounded. Requested bread with our pasta and were told the bakery wasn't open today... Ordered a second beer that didn't come out by the time we finished our food and were ready for our check. Anytime we needed something we had to flag our server down, as he was busy talking with other staff. Our waiter knew we were not pleased, and apologized, saying he's just "really tired from working a lot this weekend."Special Features:
- Great View, OK FoodLuluDined on 8/31/2014We had out of town guests and wanted to show them the fantastic waterfront. It was a warm night and great for sitting outside. The patio is large and covered and even with a storm, we enjoyed the view. The food was fine. We didn't really expect it to be more so we weren't disappointed. If you go for the view and the area you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedEcphilVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant seems to be going downhill. The past two times I've been the service is horrible, starting with the host stand. Took over 40 minutes for two entrees to come out. While the view and location are great, I will not be returning soon.Special Features:
- Very Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Group (4) made a late night reservation, 9:00 pm, 8/29/14, at the Daily Catch Seaport. The server took our order after 25 minutes of sitting there, there were empty tables around us. Our meal was served after 45 minutes and it was warm and not hot. We did not see our server until the bill was requested. Although we tipped the server the customary 20%, we all agreed it was to tip the server assistant, who did all the work. This is unfortunate, because I have previously eaten at the Daily Catch, Brookline, where we had outstanding service, 5x more patrons in a very small space, one server. The food at the Brookline Daily Catch was far better than at the Seaport facility, by an order of magnitude.Special Features:
- Almost a great meallaragoneDined on 8/28/2014Made a reservation and it was a beautiful night...outdoor dining spot is gorgeous. Initially took a while for our server to take a drink order but service improved after that. Dinner took a while to arrive and the pasta was barely warm. However the clams and the sauce were delicious despite the temperature. My daughter had the broiled scallops and they were delicious. The squid ink pasta is homemade which makes it a better choice than the plain pasta. If they could get there service to be faster and the meal hot it would have been outstanding.Special Features:
- Italian Seafood in BostonyummdiningDined on 8/22/2014If you like italian and fresh seafood by the ocean in Boston, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth It.gteeVIPDined on 8/22/2014The view was okay, but nothing special. Ordered calamari for an appetizer, and black pasta with shrimp and scallops for my entree. My girlfriend the the seafood stew. Bottom line: Go to Legals Seafood. The food, view, and ambience are call better.Special Features:
- Great View, Food, & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The title says it all- can't decide which was better: the food, the service, or the view! Would definitely recommend the black pasta and the monkfish! We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing views but it stops there !LoveUniqueplacestogoDined on 8/17/2014Yes, amazing views but nothing more. Cocktail was pricey which is to be expected but had zero presentation for a Bloody Mary, waiter took order then never checked in on us again until time to collect his tip and the food was not impressive. I have never written a review, especially bad for a restaurant, but I won't return here. Try another one of the other many options on the waterfront.Special Features:
- The setting is the thing!JudiVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nice food, my portion of scallops/shrimp and vegetables was a little small. Others who ordered pasta or a salad with their meal seemed to have more food. The view is spectacular, and you can't find a nicer spot to sit outdoors on a summer night.Special Features:
- Very Slow KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014Nice outdoor seating over the water. Table of two ordered pasta dishes. Received our drink order and garlic bread timely. Waited forever for the pasta entre dishes. GM came over and said "our small kitchen is backed up". While the outdoor dining area was about 80% full, no one was seated inside. Once the entrees arrived, we found the black pasta very good. Other than the slow kitchen service, we had a nice time.Special Features:
- Nice view of the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful team lunch there outside looking at Boston. Good variety of selections for any palate. Recommend for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was terriblephi1045Dined on 8/3/2014Restaurant is owned by 7 brothers. if you get the youngest brother serving you, I recommend walking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 8/3/2014the food is not like there sister restaurant in the northend food was cold seasoning not at all like the northend appetizers were cold sauce to sweet and much more expensive with no drinks one appetizer and our meal for 2 no desert the bill was over 100.00 would not go back or refer this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:
- lobster fra diavalo was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The Daily Catch that we went to located in Seaport, just a few walks from the Barking Crab. If you are seated outdoors, you would be able to enjoy the bay view. We went to dine for my boyfriend's birthday, we chose to be seated inside as it was chilly outside, very odd considering it's in August. Indoors seating was okay, if it wasn't cold out, we would probably choose to sit outside. Service was good, server was friendly, nothing exceptional though. We ordered Lobster Fra Diavalo for 2, we wanted to try as the pictures of this specific dish was all over on Yelp, and we also ordered Calamari plate as appetizer. The Lobster Fra Diavalo came in a pan, very large portion even for the two of us, it was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Food was exceptional, nice wine list, staff was unorganized and our group felt rushed all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the viewfooooodieDined on 8/1/2014The food was great, and the location/view was even better, but the food was completely overpriced.Special Features: