The Cypress Room
3620 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33137Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Cypress Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecypressroom.com/
- Phone: 3055205197x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 12:00PM- 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00PM - 10:00PM
Dinner: Friday-Saturday: 6:00PM- 12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Schwartz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: The Cypress Room is intimate and welcoming, with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and decor. The Cypress Room serves elegant American cuisine with french touches. Menu highlights include the kitchen's wood- burning grill and rotisserie in appetizers, selection of cheeses, entrees, sides and house specialties using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients, hand picked from America's best small farmers, foragers and fisherman.
- Special Events: Have a special event under the twinkle of crystal with seasonal elegant American cuisine by James Beard Award winning Executive Chef Michael Schwartz. The Cypress Room can accommodate private parties up to 47 guests using our entire dining room.
A word from The Cypress Room
Welcome to James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz’s fourth restaurant, THE CYPRESS ROOM, at 3620 Northeast Second Avenue in Miami’s Design District. THE CYPRESS ROOM is an elegant American dining room and bar, welcoming and with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and decor. Our menu evokes the spirit of a traditional supper club, elevated with fresh ingredients and clean compositions by chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia, fine desserts from pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith and The Beverage Book curated by wine director Eric Larkee and beverage Director Ryan Goodspeed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Cypress Room - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
The Cypress Room reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)romantic (50)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (20)hot spot (11)great for lunch (9)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great food with low rate dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I was very impressed by everything but the desserts....only a 3 desseet nebu. Wine list is a great one as well as the prices on the wines. Would go back for the food and hold on the desserts. A vocktail instead of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami Spice lunchtoydocVIPDined on 9/25/2014If you are still looking for the best Spice lunch, do consider this restaurant. It will be great after Sept. also.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRedSoxFanVIPDined on 9/15/2014Loved the decor of the Cypress Room! Service and Food were also top -notch. I felt like I was transported back in time to a calm, more hospitable, service oriented time. Great spot for a romantic dinner and or business dinner. I would add this restaurant to your must-eat list in MiamiSpecial Features:
- DisappointingContessaVenturaDined on 9/13/2014Food service was very - very slow -- restaurant small, so customer waiting for tables were hovering over us. My husband ordered the 36 oz rib eye -- to be shared -- it was so tough they could not cut it - sent it back - so 2 of us ate dinner - while the other 2 waited for another entree.. That was too expensive cut of meat to be tough. The waiter was very accomadating - but the food was very - very disappointing. Expected a lot more from Genuine GroupSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Exceptional service and great ambiance, nice decor. However the food did not match the expectations. It was just good. The highly anticipated burger was IMPOSSIBLE to eat and savour correctly: the presentation, a ¨tower¨of meat and bun, had to be ¨deconstructed¨ to eat! Dessert selections did not inspire us. Overall very expensive and overrated.Special Features:
- Well worth it!VickyGVIPDined on 9/11/2014The ambiance was dark and sultry, service and food superior. From the moment we walked in the service was timely, knowledgeable and they worked as a cohesive team, very well run front of the house. Our waiter Steven was excellent with his recommendations and knowledge of the food and quirky beverage menu. The amuse was an eggplant tapanade or a bruscetta, both excellent. We had the yellowtail crudo, frog's legs (extra item) beet soup, rabbit confit all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Our coconut cake had edible pansies, so when you ate it, you tasted an intense and beautiful floral note. One minor issue was the lighting was so low, it was difficult to read the menu. The taxidermy heads on the wall seemed out of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a beautiful Meal!!MiaFoodieDined on 9/10/2014What a lovely find. Went for Miami Spice and have been raving about it every since. Professional attentive happy employees. Explained every food item as it was delivered. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Loved EVERYTIHINGcity2countrycoolDined on 9/10/2014From the first step into the eclectic decor, I was taken back into another period in time, and I felt welcomed. I love old fashioned china, especially when mixing and matching it at a table, this pulled me in. My husband, not a hunter, but was relaxed with the deer heads on the wall, mixed with the darker paneling, a delight. Of course, the most fun was the chandeliers in the room, it pulled it all together. The visual high lead right into a fun food delight, especially the Tartine starter, that I could have made a whole meal of. The wait staff was present but not hovering, it was great having them share a smile with us throughout the meal. Fabulous fun with food and ambiance, I can't wait to return with friends and family Cheri BallSpecial Features:
- Love It !nativeVIPDined on 9/9/2014A treat for the senses and I wish I was going back tonight !Special Features:
- GOODOUTSTANDINGDined on 9/8/2014The food is not so good, the ambiance is ok, but It is so expensive to service the food not so good.
- over ratedDrO1Dined on 9/5/2014a bit dissppointed after all the reviews that I saw: very nice place to see and be seen. Excellent wine list. I was expecting outstanding food: food was good but not outstanding. Service good but "dry": when my wife asked for a specific meal she was told: madame you have in the menu! The best part: the beautiful women that go there. Otherwise, I think that the restaurant is over rated.Special Features:
- incredible diningGulmiami1Dined on 9/5/2014Fabulous in every way.The staff was very attentive the moment we arrived.we were seated on time.Great ambiance and mood settingCant wait to go back and try something else on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRainbowKeeperVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food, the food, the food, was absolutely delicious. I had snapper my husband had a burger, does not sound special but OMG it was! The atmosphere was lovely; finally a romantic quiet resturant with romantic music in Miami, what a gem! The service was equally charming. As we did not order wine, I cannot comment.Special Features:
- Top Pick for Miami SpiceChowSoKriziaDined on 9/5/2014My editor and I chose The Cypress Room for lunch and we had the Miami Spice Menu. Everything was superb. The dishes came out in a timely manner and each one more delicious and flavorful than the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!AnnandreVIPDined on 9/4/2014Excellent food. We had the Miami Spice menu and everyone loved it! We were a party of 6. Eveeything was delicious! Very expensive thouh, even ordering Miami Spice Menue we ended up paying over $100 per person, that of course includes plenty of wine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just superb!toydocVIPDined on 9/1/2014Ate 2 nights ago in NY at a 2 star Michellin rated restaurant and this was much better.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!mlondonDined on 8/29/2014Never disappointed with this restaurant. Food, service and ambiance are amazing!!! Don't miss the "Specialty Housemade" cocktails. Maybe one of the best restaurants in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Florida Done One BetterYummyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Michael Schwartz has no equal in Miami. This is a men's club just as one would have imagined in Florida's early days (except that women are more than welcome): wild game adorn the walls, the food is served on vintage-style plates and glassware, the food itself is incredible (better than one would have enjoyed in the original) and the bar is one which would be found only in one's dreams. When lunching with your significant other, do not miss Tea for Two. Service is both friendly and exceptionally high level. Top notch all the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014The portions are small and the prices are high. But the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special ocasionsLVDavieFlDined on 8/22/2014I selected this restaurant because of the great reviews, specially for their service, I was NOT disappointed, service was superb. My wife & I both enjoyed it tremendously, we both had the special menu wine & food pairing, great choice if you want to try various dishes & wines. Only one of the Red wines was a tad below "MY" expectation. Because of the high price (WELL WORTH IT) we will visit on special occasions. Highly recommend The Cypress RoomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in MiamiMandeneitorDined on 8/21/2014I 've been in many cities with great culinary culture like New York, Lima, Rome, and I tell you Cypress Room is simply the best restaurant here in Miami. I tasted the pork, the best the i eated in my life, and with my friends we order the cypress burguer for starter, you know that's a "must", and the service and the ambience are 10 for 10. Definitely i recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably excellent.southfloridatransplantVIPDined on 8/21/2014Charming atmosphere, excellent service, delicious food.Special Features:
- Great introduction to fine diningPlaincheesecakeDined on 8/19/2014Came here with a friend for Miami Spice and was blown away by the ambiance, the service, and the meal. We sampled the kale risotto (lovely lemon notes) and oxtail terrine, drooled over the marrow bone with shaved celery and preserved lemon, and gushed about our duck breast and swordfish over heirloom beans. Definitely a hot spot, but it's the food and service that solidify its place in the top restaurants in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite WinnernativeVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food and such a friendly atmosphere. Love the GATSBY ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great last minutePickyeaterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Stumbled across The Cypress Room while looking for a last minute reservation due to a heavy rain storm preventing us from getting to Miami Beach. Found this restaurant on Open Table mobile app and managed to get a reservation 30 minutes before arrival. Staff was very professional and the food was fantastic. I would definitely recommend The Cypress Room to anyone looking for a great find in the Miami Design District.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food and service in an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suoerb!charlieDined on 8/14/2014A very talented chef, impeccable service, few tables so each client receives careful and personalized service. One of my favourite spots in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealCasualdiner1Dined on 8/14/2014Because of Miami Spice we have taken the opportunity to try out some new and prominent restaurants.Some of these restaurants see Miami Spice as an opportunity to entice customers to try and then return. The Cypress Room is one of them. We were welcomed warmly and the Miami Spice menu is excellent with plenty of choice s from the regular menu. All dishes were perfectly prepared as were the cocktails at the bar. The service was very professional and friendly. This is a restaurant to which we will be returning, it is a real gem!Special Features:
- Great findJBinFLVIPDined on 8/14/2014The place is small which gives it n intimate and romantic feel. The service was excellent ant the food was delicious. I had the sea bass and it was outstanding and cooked perfectly. My fiancé had the pork which was good but he felt it was a little dry. We both love the risotto. We went there and took advantage of the Miami Spice deal which made it more affordable but I would go back again a and pay full price.Special Features:
- Route66Dined on 8/9/2014When eating here be sure to note the beauty of the decor and the selection of music. The food is without a doubt fantastic and only that much better because of the setting you get to dine in. Feel free to get a little fancy if you are feeling a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Exquisit dining. Excellent service. Our new favorite restaurant. Most enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 8/4/2014The chandeliers add a lot of ambiance to The Cypress Room.Special Features:
- ExceptionalPmharryVIPDined on 7/31/2014One of best meals I've had in a while. Food and service were impeccable. Drinks from the bar were awesome. I'll go back here every time I'm in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Room/Staff - Bad FoodGourmandDined on 7/26/2014The food was very bland and such a big deal was made of the chicken which turned out to be dry and very average. We did the love room and the staff.Special Features:
- CANEDOCDined on 7/26/2014SERVICE FANTASTIC, CANT WAIT TO GO BACK FOR THE TASTING MENUSpecial Features:
- One of the best meals in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is really really good. Forgot I was in Miami, thought I was in London for a while, world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine & PreparationBeachGuyDined on 6/12/2014My wife had lunch this week at Cypress Room. Small establishment, 40 patrons, intimate yet the table settings and service showed an elegance rarely found. Familiar with Michael Schwartz's food, we wanted to try his upscale venue. The 3 course setting is good value, albeit I am certain the regular menu would have proven more the cuisine we were after. Unfortunately my wife's "Rouge Chicken" had to be returned. Tough, dry and not eatable. My grouper was very good, placed over a bed of saffron risotto. Desert that is part of the special leaves a lot to be desired. I would suggest instead of trying to serve a fancy dish of "nothing", a good tart or pastry could end an otherwise decent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Born and raised in Miami. We are finally arriving on the culinary map. Michael killed it with this one. Been to all the finest restaurants in the U.S. from Alinea to Daniel to French Laundry. While this restaurant (or any restaurant in Miami) is by no means on that same pedestal - Miami is closing the gap slowly but surely. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SotoVIPDined on 6/2/2014We went mid-week when it wasn't that busy and it was terrific. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about both the food and the cocktails (we had some very specific questions) and seemed to be there only when we needed him. The agnolotti were incredible little pasta pillows that melted in our mouths. The fish of the day was a black grouper in a light broth that was also delicious. We had to swap or it would have been war. I wanted to start with a nicknack cocktail but it was so good I ordered another to go with dinner. We finished with the coconut cake, which does not describe the happiness it generates. Everything was really so good! Our friends recommended Cypress Room and they were right. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the The Cypress Room reviews archive.
- Super in all waysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2014The food was fantastic, innovative, and truly delicious. Our service was great too. What a lovely spot.Special Features: