The Cypress Room
3620 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33137Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Cypress Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecypressroom.com/
- Phone: 3055205197x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 12:00PM- 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00PM - 10:00PM
Dinner: Friday-Saturday: 6:00PM- 12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Schwartz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: The Cypress Room is intimate and welcoming, with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and decor. The Cypress Room serves elegant American cuisine with french touches. Menu highlights include the kitchen's wood- burning grill and rotisserie in appetizers, selection of cheeses, entrees, sides and house specialties using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients, hand picked from America's best small farmers, foragers and fisherman.
- Special Events: Have a special event under the twinkle of crystal with seasonal elegant American cuisine by James Beard Award winning Executive Chef Michael Schwartz. The Cypress Room can accommodate private parties up to 47 guests using our entire dining room.
A word from The Cypress Room
Welcome to James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz’s fourth restaurant, THE CYPRESS ROOM, at 3620 Northeast Second Avenue in Miami’s Design District. THE CYPRESS ROOM is an elegant American dining room and bar, welcoming and with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and decor. Our menu evokes the spirit of a traditional supper club, elevated with fresh ingredients and clean compositions by chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia, fine desserts from pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith and The Beverage Book curated by wine director Eric Larkee and beverage Director Ryan Goodspeed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Cypress Room - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
The Cypress Room reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)romantic (33)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (8)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Old Florida Done One BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014Michael Schwartz has no equal in Miami. This is a men's club just as one would have imagined in Florida's early days (except that women are more than welcome): wild game adorn the walls, the food is served on vintage-style plates and glassware, the food itself is incredible (better than one would have enjoyed in the original) and the bar is one which would be found only in one's dreams. When lunching with your significant other, do not miss Tea for Two. Service is both friendly and exceptionally high level. Top notch all the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014The portions are small and the prices are high. But the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special ocasionsLVDavieFlDined on 8/22/2014I selected this restaurant because of the great reviews, specially for their service, I was NOT disappointed, service was superb. My wife & I both enjoyed it tremendously, we both had the special menu wine & food pairing, great choice if you want to try various dishes & wines. Only one of the Red wines was a tad below "MY" expectation. Because of the high price (WELL WORTH IT) we will visit on special occasions. Highly recommend The Cypress RoomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in MiamiMandeneitorDined on 8/21/2014I 've been in many cities with great culinary culture like New York, Lima, Rome, and I tell you Cypress Room is simply the best restaurant here in Miami. I tasted the pork, the best the i eated in my life, and with my friends we order the cypress burguer for starter, you know that's a "must", and the service and the ambience are 10 for 10. Definitely i recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great introduction to fine diningPlaincheesecakeDined on 8/19/2014Came here with a friend for Miami Spice and was blown away by the ambiance, the service, and the meal. We sampled the kale risotto (lovely lemon notes) and oxtail terrine, drooled over the marrow bone with shaved celery and preserved lemon, and gushed about our duck breast and swordfish over heirloom beans. Definitely a hot spot, but it's the food and service that solidify its place in the top restaurants in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite WinnernativeVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food and such a friendly atmosphere. Love the GATSBY ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great last minutePickyeaterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Stumbled across The Cypress Room while looking for a last minute reservation due to a heavy rain storm preventing us from getting to Miami Beach. Found this restaurant on Open Table mobile app and managed to get a reservation 30 minutes before arrival. Staff was very professional and the food was fantastic. I would definitely recommend The Cypress Room to anyone looking for a great find in the Miami Design District.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food and service in an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suoerb!charlieDined on 8/14/2014A very talented chef, impeccable service, few tables so each client receives careful and personalized service. One of my favourite spots in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealCasualdiner1Dined on 8/14/2014Because of Miami Spice we have taken the opportunity to try out some new and prominent restaurants.Some of these restaurants see Miami Spice as an opportunity to entice customers to try and then return. The Cypress Room is one of them. We were welcomed warmly and the Miami Spice menu is excellent with plenty of choice s from the regular menu. All dishes were perfectly prepared as were the cocktails at the bar. The service was very professional and friendly. This is a restaurant to which we will be returning, it is a real gem!Special Features:
- Great findJBinFLDined on 8/14/2014The place is small which gives it n intimate and romantic feel. The service was excellent ant the food was delicious. I had the sea bass and it was outstanding and cooked perfectly. My fiancé had the pork which was good but he felt it was a little dry. We both love the risotto. We went there and took advantage of the Miami Spice deal which made it more affordable but I would go back again a and pay full price.Special Features:
- Route66Dined on 8/9/2014When eating here be sure to note the beauty of the decor and the selection of music. The food is without a doubt fantastic and only that much better because of the setting you get to dine in. Feel free to get a little fancy if you are feeling a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jewel in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Exquisit dining. Excellent service. Our new favorite restaurant. Most enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 8/4/2014The chandeliers add a lot of ambiance to The Cypress Room.Special Features:
- ExceptionalPmharryVIPDined on 7/31/2014One of best meals I've had in a while. Food and service were impeccable. Drinks from the bar were awesome. I'll go back here every time I'm in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Room/Staff - Bad FoodGourmandDined on 7/26/2014The food was very bland and such a big deal was made of the chicken which turned out to be dry and very average. We did the love room and the staff.Special Features:
- CANEDOCDined on 7/26/2014SERVICE FANTASTIC, CANT WAIT TO GO BACK FOR THE TASTING MENUSpecial Features:
- One of the best meals in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is really really good. Forgot I was in Miami, thought I was in London for a while, world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine & PreparationBeachGuyDined on 6/12/2014My wife had lunch this week at Cypress Room. Small establishment, 40 patrons, intimate yet the table settings and service showed an elegance rarely found. Familiar with Michael Schwartz's food, we wanted to try his upscale venue. The 3 course setting is good value, albeit I am certain the regular menu would have proven more the cuisine we were after. Unfortunately my wife's "Rouge Chicken" had to be returned. Tough, dry and not eatable. My grouper was very good, placed over a bed of saffron risotto. Desert that is part of the special leaves a lot to be desired. I would suggest instead of trying to serve a fancy dish of "nothing", a good tart or pastry could end an otherwise decent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Born and raised in Miami. We are finally arriving on the culinary map. Michael killed it with this one. Been to all the finest restaurants in the U.S. from Alinea to Daniel to French Laundry. While this restaurant (or any restaurant in Miami) is by no means on that same pedestal - Miami is closing the gap slowly but surely. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SotoVIPDined on 6/2/2014We went mid-week when it wasn't that busy and it was terrific. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about both the food and the cocktails (we had some very specific questions) and seemed to be there only when we needed him. The agnolotti were incredible little pasta pillows that melted in our mouths. The fish of the day was a black grouper in a light broth that was also delicious. We had to swap or it would have been war. I wanted to start with a nicknack cocktail but it was so good I ordered another to go with dinner. We finished with the coconut cake, which does not describe the happiness it generates. Everything was really so good! Our friends recommended Cypress Room and they were right. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Super in all waysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2014The food was fantastic, innovative, and truly delicious. Our service was great too. What a lovely spot.Special Features:
- Cypress Room - excellentBobbyRayDined on 5/29/2014Outstanding food and service: I had frog legs and rabbit, companion had lamb tartare and black grouper. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Top ServicetoydocVIPDined on 5/26/2014In a city devoid of table service, this restaurant shines through. Very attentive and accommodating. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the The Cypress Room reviews archive.
- Great taste but got upset stomachMichaelDined on 5/3/2014We had dinner from 6-8 went straight home and then I spend from 11.30pm to 1 on the toilet. Food taste was good but I am thinking that my tatar was not all that fresh.
- Wonderful birthdayMiamigeneDined on 4/24/2014We recently had a delicious dinner at this jewel box. The attentive staff were always at our call and the superb dishes we ordered makes this a Miami keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLMPMiamiDined on 4/12/2014The Cypress Room was excellent. They have an incredible drink menu and selection. Their service is top notch. The food was very good and everything tasted great. The staff was very well informed about the dishes and want to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cypress Room something specialBob305Dined on 4/10/2014And excellent choice for the foodie and anyone who wants to experience a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it.....lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2014The new prix fixe Lunch menu lured us & we were not disappointed. Ambiance, great. Service, great. Lunch....fab! Plenty of parking (valet & meter) Would love to do dinner, but it's too expensive, which is a shame. But lunch was spot on!Special Features:
- Just go.Jen30Dined on 4/5/2014My husband and I went to The Cypress Room for dinner, and enjoyed it immensely. As soon as we walked in, it was like being transported to a different era. The decor was warm and inviting, and the table settings were beautiful. The jazz music playing in the background was a lovely addition to the ambience of the restaurant. It is a small space, for sure, but that only adds to the coziness of it. The bar area is gorgeous. The service was top notch. I didn't feel smothered, nor did I feel like I had to flag down a waiter at every turn. Drinks were replenished quickly, we never ran out of water, and our orders were executed to perfection. The food. OH THE FOOD. JUST TRY IT. *It is pricey, but in my opinion, worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2014The Cypress Room is another gem not to be missed from The Genuine Hospitality Group! The venue is intimate and beautifully decorated, and the service is impeccable. Stephen, our server, was excellent, as was Amanda, the manager. The food is amazing and gorgeously presented. The Cypress Room is by far one of the best all-around restaurants in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too small roomelimarVIPDined on 3/20/2014Room was too small what with the bar on one wall of a small room. Food was interesting but limited menu made it difficult with allergies and food sensitivities. Too much strange pairing and nothing was over the top given the prices. Nice selection of wines and the wait staff was very helpful. We were a group of four and most of what was being offered did not work because of dietary restrictions. Definitely check the menu for the night before booking reservationsSpecial Features:
- What a pleasant surprisePatMVIPDined on 3/15/2014Everything was outstanding! Our waiter was superb, the recommendations he made were excellent. We had the rabbit for two and it was amazing! I highly recommend and will definitely return! Bravo team at Cyprus Room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceChrisCDined on 3/13/2014We enjoyed lunch very much, it was outstanding. Service is impeccable as well but plan on a slow lunch... If you need to get going not a good option as this is a restaurant to sit and enjoy without a rush. I had the best gazpacho ever and I am from Spain! My second course was rotisserie chicken which was so good it makes you think differently of chicken!Special Features:
- Nice but I agree food is not goodserviceseekerVIPDined on 3/4/2014The place is little and nice, but the food is without any flavor at all. prices are on the high side but they would be ok if the food was fine. I wont recomend this place they made you have a deposit made on your CC in order for them to take your reservation, as a result the place is empty. food was dissapointing.Special Features:
- Good food with impeccable serviceHawthornesDined on 3/1/2014We went for my wifes bday and i can tell she was happy with it! The ambiance is very good, small but w readonable space between tables, the lining and china are nice, the service is off the chart good. Our waiter stephen was very attentious and prompt. Suggested us a good set of plates and pairing wines. I had fish crudo and lamb. My wife the chevre salad and filet mignon. Fries and brussel sprouts as sides. Dessert we shared the chocolate and coffee. Food was very good, not fantastic. But combination of qmbience and very good service turned into a very repeatable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael Schwartz not-genuinesobeVIPDined on 2/21/2014From the roll that cracked my wife's tooth to the over cooked hamburgers to the ovepriced unappetizing menu choices, its hard to say where to begin. As fans of Michael Schwartz and Hedy Goldsmith his pastry chef, we brought friends from Palm Beach to enjoy a meal that turned out to be a total disaster. Our dentist who was needed as a result of visit to The Cypress Room immediately expressed the same sentiments re the rolls and food.
- Michael Schwarts does not disappoinOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014The Cypress Room, as expected, had delicious food and the service was outstanding. Knowledgeable and courteous wait staff.Special Features:
- great placegjp714VIPDined on 2/14/2014chose this restaurant to do a a Valentines lunch with wife and wow , couldnt have gone any better , wife had beet salad which she said was best she ever tasted and then we shared the whole yellowtail and it was awesome , like one from the keys , except better prepared. dessert was also great , the service was outstanding , I mean A+ all the way aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Elegant yet unpretentious atmosphere with outstanding service. The food was obviously amazing and we were surprised at how large the portions were. We were very satisfied with our experience at Cypress Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.