The Cypress Room
3620 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33137Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Cypress Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecypressroom.com/
- Phone: (305) 520-5197
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 12:00PM- 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00PM - 10:00PM
Dinner: Friday-Saturday: 6:00PM- 12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Schwartz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: The Cypress Room is intimate and welcoming, with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and decor. The Cypress Room serves elegant American cuisine with french touches. Menu highlights include the kitchen's wood- burning grill and rotisserie in appetizers, selection of cheeses, entrees, sides and house specialties using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients, hand picked from America's best small farmers, foragers and fisherman.
- Special Events: Have a special event under the twinkle of crystal with seasonal elegant American cuisine by James Beard Award winning Executive Chef Michael Schwartz. The Cypress Room can accommodate private parties up to 47 guests using our entire dining room.
A word from The Cypress Room
Welcome to James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz’s fourth restaurant, THE CYPRESS ROOM, at 3620 Northeast Second Avenue in Miami’s Design District. THE CYPRESS ROOM is an elegant American dining room and bar, welcoming and with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and decor. Our menu evokes the spirit of a traditional supper club, elevated with fresh ingredients and clean compositions by chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia, fine desserts from pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith and The Beverage Book curated by wine director Eric Larkee and beverage Director Ryan Goodspeed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Cypress Room - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
The Cypress Room reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)romantic (56)special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (22)hot spot (14)great for lunch (10)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/26/2014We had out of town visitors meeting us at the Cypress Room and they had a very difficult time finding it. Some signage is need or a distinctive art piece which would be recognizable from the Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AmbiancethesweetdinerVIPDined on 11/25/2014The food and service were excellent. Great ambiance for a pleasant evening for conversation and fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 2nd time here and it was awesomeMrodDined on 11/22/2014My wife previously brought me here for dinner on my 40th birthday. We had the 5 course tasting menu with wine and it was an awesome experience. This time we brought 2 good friends along and has to do the tasting menu again. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and wonderfulmaynardDined on 11/15/2014The food and wine selections were superb. Every dish we tried, 5 course tasting menu with wine pairing for two people, were delicious and innovative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VFSFDined on 11/8/2014Probably on of the best restaurants in South Florida. Chef Roel does particularly beautiful work with vegetables.Special Features:
- Superb Food and ServiceMFrancaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Exceptional food and service. The location may be a little bit odd, but once you are inside The Cypress Room you are transported to a culinary heaven. We had a wonderful evening. The Chicken Rotisserie was divine...Special Features:
- As always a wonderful experience .OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/5/2014TO open table: Not sure but when I got home I received an email cancelling my reservation for 11/13, 7:00PM. this was generated at 1:58pm, November 5 while I was at Cypress room having the aforementioned lunch. I called Cypress Room and they were confused as my reservation was still on the list. I have reconfirmed and will be honouring my 11/13 reservation FYI. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menu with winebalmiaVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had the tasting menu with wine on a Saturday night. The wine was very good, but I had high expectations for the food which were not met. The lobster was tough, the meat portions a bit large. The most disappointing course was dessert. We usually save room for one of Hedy Goldsmith's desserts, so we were very disappointed with the 3 slivers of apple over undercooked pastry that was served. I would definitely go back to The Cypress Room, but would avoid the tasting menu.
- consistently excellentCasualdiner1VIPDined on 10/31/2014three of us ate at the restaurant on Halloween evening. The place was not busy. Service attentiveness was very good as was the food. We all had fish and it was well prepared. Definitely a very good place to take visitors to Miami or business associates.Special Features:
- Worth it. Trust me.ElizabethVIPDined on 10/24/2014Recently visited miami and this restaurant was a highlight of the trip. I did not try the famous burger, instead we had the rotisserie chicken. The potatoes were melt in your mouth good. Plus Aaron Sanchez was there eating, pretty sure that's an indicator of how great it is. The tables are uncomfortably close but the food makes it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fod is too heavyfoodseekerDined on 10/21/2014he is and continues to be a genius BUT the food here is just heavy. flavors are over the top and if that is what he intended .SUCCESS the duck was just so heavy that it was impossible to enjoy so was the burgerSpecial Features:
- An Experience!PIT2MIADined on 10/9/2014I came across the Cypress Room on OpenTable while searching for a "different" restaurant at which we could celebrate my wife's birthday. The design district venue was a highly-recommended option for foodies, and I would have to concur with those descriptors. The food was phenomenal - fantastic flavors that made for a truly unique dining experience. We allowed our server to make some suggestions and guide us along the way which worked very well. From the crafted cocktails to the semifreddo that concluded our dinner, every aspect of our meal was exceptional. The atmosphere is eclectic with lodge-like wood paneling and taxidermy juxtaposed with crystal chandeliers and damask wallpaper. Great spot that I would highly recommend! Well done.Special Features:
- Nice place, awful serviceLuckyNVIPDined on 10/1/2014As soon as we entered we were surprise by the cozy setting. The waiters looked very elegant. Overall we liked the food but we have to wait I think more than usual because there was a large group dining. The service was inconsistant, they began 10 points and they ended in a 1. in a scale from 1 (low) 10 (high) . After the main course, they didnt pick up our dessert order, and finally my husband have to walk to the counter to pay. Ridiculouos for a place very expensive.Special Features:
- our favorite Miami restaurant.Casualdiner1VIPDined on 9/30/2014From the hostess welcome to the excellent bar service and then the dinner everything here is perfect. The management and staff are really on the ball and very friendly. This is an intimate place which delivers an experience not available anywhere else in Miami. The professional bartender makes great cocktails and the food is always good. Definitely a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Special spotSpiderfrommarsDined on 9/29/2014This is our 5th time at The Cypress Room and it still is special. From the specialty cocktails to the unique recipes the restaurant never disappoints. The service is warm without being overbearing and the ambience is perfect for special occasions. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with low rate dessertstrulyDined on 9/27/2014I was very impressed by everything but the desserts....only a 3 desseet nebu. Wine list is a great one as well as the prices on the wines. Would go back for the food and hold on the desserts. A vocktail instead of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the service and foodFlutistVIPDined on 9/27/2014I am a fan of the Genuine group's restaurants all over mid-town and the Design District, but I hadn't had a chance to eat at the Cypress Room, yet. I loved it. The food is every bit as excellent as one would expect from this group. Our waiter was incredibly attentive and pleasant. I recommend the bone marrow appetizer and the short rib entree. I was only a bit put off by the many deer heads on the wall. I could understand one (together with the wild boar head) to add to the mountain lodge retro look, but 7 or 8 is just a bit creepy. This is my reason for downgrading the whole experience to "very good" instead of "excellent." But, if you don't mind the taxidermy like I do, you'll love this place.Special Features:
- Great Miami Spice lunchtoydocVIPDined on 9/25/2014If you are still looking for the best Spice lunch, do consider this restaurant. It will be great after Sept. also.Special Features:
- Unique and SophisticatedYocieDined on 9/20/2014This small restaurant packs a huge punch. The food and service were impeccable. Would definitely return. Great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRedSoxFanVIPDined on 9/15/2014Loved the decor of the Cypress Room! Service and Food were also top -notch. I felt like I was transported back in time to a calm, more hospitable, service oriented time. Great spot for a romantic dinner and or business dinner. I would add this restaurant to your must-eat list in MiamiSpecial Features:
- DisappointingContessaVenturaDined on 9/13/2014Food service was very - very slow -- restaurant small, so customer waiting for tables were hovering over us. My husband ordered the 36 oz rib eye -- to be shared -- it was so tough they could not cut it - sent it back - so 2 of us ate dinner - while the other 2 waited for another entree.. That was too expensive cut of meat to be tough. The waiter was very accomadating - but the food was very - very disappointing. Expected a lot more from Genuine GroupSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Exceptional service and great ambiance, nice decor. However the food did not match the expectations. It was just good. The highly anticipated burger was IMPOSSIBLE to eat and savour correctly: the presentation, a ¨tower¨of meat and bun, had to be ¨deconstructed¨ to eat! Dessert selections did not inspire us. Overall very expensive and overrated.Special Features:
- Well worth it!VickyGVIPDined on 9/11/2014The ambiance was dark and sultry, service and food superior. From the moment we walked in the service was timely, knowledgeable and they worked as a cohesive team, very well run front of the house. Our waiter Steven was excellent with his recommendations and knowledge of the food and quirky beverage menu. The amuse was an eggplant tapanade or a bruscetta, both excellent. We had the yellowtail crudo, frog's legs (extra item) beet soup, rabbit confit all expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Our coconut cake had edible pansies, so when you ate it, you tasted an intense and beautiful floral note. One minor issue was the lighting was so low, it was difficult to read the menu. The taxidermy heads on the wall seemed out of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a beautiful Meal!!MiaFoodieDined on 9/10/2014What a lovely find. Went for Miami Spice and have been raving about it every since. Professional attentive happy employees. Explained every food item as it was delivered. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Loved EVERYTIHINGcity2countrycoolDined on 9/10/2014From the first step into the eclectic decor, I was taken back into another period in time, and I felt welcomed. I love old fashioned china, especially when mixing and matching it at a table, this pulled me in. My husband, not a hunter, but was relaxed with the deer heads on the wall, mixed with the darker paneling, a delight. Of course, the most fun was the chandeliers in the room, it pulled it all together. The visual high lead right into a fun food delight, especially the Tartine starter, that I could have made a whole meal of. The wait staff was present but not hovering, it was great having them share a smile with us throughout the meal. Fabulous fun with food and ambiance, I can't wait to return with friends and family Cheri BallSpecial Features:
- Love It !nativeVIPDined on 9/9/2014A treat for the senses and I wish I was going back tonight !Special Features:
- GOODOUTSTANDINGDined on 9/8/2014The food is not so good, the ambiance is ok, but It is so expensive to service the food not so good.
- over ratedDrO1Dined on 9/5/2014a bit dissppointed after all the reviews that I saw: very nice place to see and be seen. Excellent wine list. I was expecting outstanding food: food was good but not outstanding. Service good but "dry": when my wife asked for a specific meal she was told: madame you have in the menu! The best part: the beautiful women that go there. Otherwise, I think that the restaurant is over rated.Special Features:
- incredible diningGulmiami1Dined on 9/5/2014Fabulous in every way.The staff was very attentive the moment we arrived.we were seated on time.Great ambiance and mood settingCant wait to go back and try something else on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRainbowKeeperVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food, the food, the food, was absolutely delicious. I had snapper my husband had a burger, does not sound special but OMG it was! The atmosphere was lovely; finally a romantic quiet resturant with romantic music in Miami, what a gem! The service was equally charming. As we did not order wine, I cannot comment.Special Features:
- Top Pick for Miami SpiceChowSoKriziaDined on 9/5/2014My editor and I chose The Cypress Room for lunch and we had the Miami Spice Menu. Everything was superb. The dishes came out in a timely manner and each one more delicious and flavorful than the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!AnnandreVIPDined on 9/4/2014Excellent food. We had the Miami Spice menu and everyone loved it! We were a party of 6. Eveeything was delicious! Very expensive thouh, even ordering Miami Spice Menue we ended up paying over $100 per person, that of course includes plenty of wine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just superb!toydocVIPDined on 9/1/2014Ate 2 nights ago in NY at a 2 star Michellin rated restaurant and this was much better.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!mlondonDined on 8/29/2014Never disappointed with this restaurant. Food, service and ambiance are amazing!!! Don't miss the "Specialty Housemade" cocktails. Maybe one of the best restaurants in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Florida Done One BetterYummyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Michael Schwartz has no equal in Miami. This is a men's club just as one would have imagined in Florida's early days (except that women are more than welcome): wild game adorn the walls, the food is served on vintage-style plates and glassware, the food itself is incredible (better than one would have enjoyed in the original) and the bar is one which would be found only in one's dreams. When lunching with your significant other, do not miss Tea for Two. Service is both friendly and exceptionally high level. Top notch all the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014The portions are small and the prices are high. But the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special ocasionsLVDavieFlDined on 8/22/2014I selected this restaurant because of the great reviews, specially for their service, I was NOT disappointed, service was superb. My wife & I both enjoyed it tremendously, we both had the special menu wine & food pairing, great choice if you want to try various dishes & wines. Only one of the Red wines was a tad below "MY" expectation. Because of the high price (WELL WORTH IT) we will visit on special occasions. Highly recommend The Cypress RoomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in MiamiMandeneitorDined on 8/21/2014I 've been in many cities with great culinary culture like New York, Lima, Rome, and I tell you Cypress Room is simply the best restaurant here in Miami. I tasted the pork, the best the i eated in my life, and with my friends we order the cypress burguer for starter, you know that's a "must", and the service and the ambience are 10 for 10. Definitely i recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably excellent.southfloridatransplantVIPDined on 8/21/2014Charming atmosphere, excellent service, delicious food.Special Features:
- Great introduction to fine diningPlaincheesecakeDined on 8/19/2014Came here with a friend for Miami Spice and was blown away by the ambiance, the service, and the meal. We sampled the kale risotto (lovely lemon notes) and oxtail terrine, drooled over the marrow bone with shaved celery and preserved lemon, and gushed about our duck breast and swordfish over heirloom beans. Definitely a hot spot, but it's the food and service that solidify its place in the top restaurants in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.