The Curtis Club
2100 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80215Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Curtis Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecurtisclub.com/
- Phone: 7204209898x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Late Night: Friday & Saturday: 10:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Crimson Burlesque
Last Saturday of every month!
- Special Events: Offer parties up to 100 for cocktail parties.
A word from The Curtis Club
Welcome to The Curtis Club! At our upscale casual restaurant, we strive to provide locally sourced, and mindfully produced cuisine and beverages. Please join us for lunch, brunch, dinner, happy-hour, or a late night cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Curtis Club - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Curtis Club reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (28)special occasion (25)hot spot (22)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (13)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Really nice for happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014We went during restaurant week for happy hour. The food was really good but portions were a bit small for the prices. Good wine options, great service. Restaurant can get loud because it's so wide open and seating seemed to reflect the noise from a table nearby (mostly just a loud talker). Service is always great and friendly.
- The food fits the unique characterRNickersDined on 8/27/2014Food was delicious. Portions were a decent size. The booths were comfortable and great for people watching! The staff was friendly and unpretentious. We asked the server to pick out two of her favorite apps and entrees; she did not steer us wrong! Yum! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service great, too noisyvvs123VIPDined on 8/27/2014We like the CC - food is interesting and very good. Service is also very good. But don't go there and sit inside if you want to talk! We asked a waitperson about this and were told that 'the owner likes it noisy'. Maybe s/he does, but we don't.
- Loved it!SparrowsSpatulasDined on 8/25/2014We went for restaurant week. Excellent food, excellent service. Loved the cocktails too. I hear they have a very good Happy Hour, so I will be back. PS: The decor is FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- One of my new favsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014For a last minute restaurant week reservation The Curtis Club did not disappoint! I had the beet salad, rabbit and the trio of deserts. My one and only complaint is there was only one beet in my beet salad but the nuts and fried chevre did make up for it. The rabbit was delicate and moist and the desserts range from light and tangy (key lime cheesecake) to decadent and rich (chocolate stout cake) Kyle our waiter was fantastic, personable, attentive & knowledgeable. Definitely going back to experience there regular menu and may even try a Sunday brunch. Oh and the drink I had something wolf I think was absolutely fantastic, if you are a whiskey or bourbon drinker I highly recommend it The cocktails are creative and delicious!Special Features:
- Denver Restaurant WeekMarkDined on 8/23/2014This was our first stop for restaurant week. Easy to find with plenty of available parking. The service (Jenny) was excellent. Did not have to wait to asked if we needed anything. The food was outstanding, Summer Salad, Pork Belly, Pork loin, Trout and dessert were fabulous. GM provided us with a $10 gift cert for Sunday Evening dining starting this week. Overall excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime DecencyDEEMVIPDined on 8/19/2014It was a decent place. Food was good, service was good -- no problems to report. Special drink ordered (Summer Snow) was great, though pretty pricy for such a small amount of liquid. Deal bought online beforehand made it a more reasonable venture, though.
- BrunchllrDENVIPDined on 8/17/2014Don't feel like writing a review. Too much to say. Won't be back
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014Went for brunch with a group of 10 people. The restaurant was never full but it took 2.5 hours for us to eat. We had to eventually start going to the bar to get our own drinks. The food took almost an hour and a half to come out after we ordered. It was very good but we were all so annoyed with the service by that point that it didn't really matter. We will not be back.
- Great Service-Nice VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Had Saturday brunch with friends. Server was very attentive and friendly. It was apparent that he enjoyed working in this restaurant. The food was very good and the only recommendation I have is to include more breakfast items on the brunch menu. The Smoked Salmon Benedict was delicious. Will definitely come back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok but service excellentFoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014We ate here for a special occasion with a group of 5 and had a great time. Our server was great - very knowledgeable and helpful. We had a few apps - the croquettes and a slider. The croquettes had a great curry flavor. The entrees were all pretty good. The trout portion size was a little small for what you paid but tasted good. The sides could all use a little work. The macaroni and cheese tasted like noodles and cheese and didn't really have much flavor - no salt. We told Adam though and he took great care of us, which was totally appreciated and would make us go back. The chicken, duck, and rabbit were all very good and those plates were cleaned right up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FindJuscoloradoDined on 8/12/2014We recently enjoyed an anniversary dinner at The Curtis Club. The alpaca was awesome and the pork belly with white cheddar mac n cheese was yummy. We lived the decor and the service was attentive but not pushy. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gem worth tryingdenvereatsDined on 8/9/2014this place is sort of tucked away on the corner, but it is so worth trying out. great food, great service, great ambiance. will definitely be back!Special Features:
- 5280 RecomendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I was looking for someplace new to celebrate a wedding anniversary. I saw a write up in 5280 Magazine and I decided to try the Curtis Club. The atmosphere was casual and rustic. The service was very good but the Menu was great. We both had the beef tenderloin and it was awesome. I wanted to try the Alpaca but decided to do that next time. Good happy hour deals. We finished with the Chocolate Stout cake and it was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Tried this because it was a 1000 point table - good food and nice atmosphere. Enjoyed the coffee especially. Both dishes were tasty but portions were relatively small considering the price. I'd be interested to try other items on the menu but the first experience didn't really blow us away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Chic and Rich with FlavorcherylscarletVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had such and enjoyable evening at The Curtis Club. The ambiance is primitive mod and provokes the comfort feelings of home. The salmon special was divine and the goat cheese & macaroni a savory bliss. The service was superbly on target, and it was especially nice to be welcomed by General Manager, Erik Bearinger.Special Features:
- Excellent food and fun experienceBarbsopinionDined on 8/1/2014First time at the Curtis Club and we were very impressed with the food selection, creativity, taste, and quality. Five of us had five different choices for dinner and all were excellent. I was surprised to find the alpaca was a delightful change from beef - very flavorful and delicious. Lovely, gracious servers - very attentive. All in all a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Eclectic and charminggeorgiannaDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, the selected meals were creative and very tasty. Definitely will come back and try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Salt Bandit and Horrible Serivceliz123Dined on 7/11/2014Before I get into the horrible service (maybe a 1 time thing?) the food was not good. Tender Belly Pork: hard and salty. White chedder mac & cheese: Under seasoned. Chicken fried steak: hard and salty. Alpaca: well cooked, too salty. Etc, etc. We ordered 3 appetizers, 4 salads, 7 entrees, 3 deserts, 3 bottles of wine, 15 cocktails. The bill was $500+ before tip. We had great company, the only thing missing was good food and service. We had to flag down waitress whenever we wanted to order something. She brought the entrees out after we all had just one bite of our salads! The waitress didn't think it was strange - even Applebee's staff knows that is not acceptable. It was just straight up amateur hour.
- Great Food but very NoiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Very good food but the place has wood on all the walls so there is nothing to stop the noice from the bar. Luckely the night we weere there most of the people were eating outside. We had a group of six so outdoor seating was not available for such a group.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchTomHDined on 7/1/2014I hosted three business acquaintances for lunch here and it was excellent. One noted that his was the best blt he had ever had. The decor is kind of old west, which we don't see in Denver restaurants as much anymore, and the food was so good that we will go bavk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Food was great! Server was very nice and made great recommendations. Half price wine bottles....um ok!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodJBWESDined on 6/24/2014My friends and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food at Curtis Club. The alpaca was our favorite dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the burrata!Mthede1VIPDined on 6/18/2014Went for lunch- house made burrata with a fig spread on the side was to die for. We ordered another one once the first was gone! Went with some girlfriends for lunch and enjoyed every bite. The burgers (we had a grass fed beef and a veggie burger at the table) were fresh and delicious as well. All of the food was exceptionally prepared and presented. Wine was reasonably priced. Can't wait to return for dinner!Special Features:
- Good Lunchned1Dined on 6/18/2014I had lunch. Menu is small, but the fare was delicious. Good service, attentive but not obsequious. Has vegetarian options.Special Features:
- Lunch& Brunch different experiencesfrenchfemmeDined on 6/15/20141st time had a terrific weekday lunch. We decided to try it for Sunday brunch and the food was horrible. I'm not certain if it was a different chef but due to such inconsistency we won't be returning.
- Excellent food in a fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014The menu at Curtis Club was wide ranging with unusual and tasty options like llama and fresh salmon. The meat was cooked just right, with immense flavor. The ambience had an elk theme without actually having stuffed heads, which was nice for a change. They also had an inventive drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The alpaca tenderloin was amazing! We also loved the vegan, gluten free veggie sliders. I've never tasted anything like them.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014This was my first time at The Curtis Club for brunch and enjoyed that there were plenty of great food and drink options. The atmosphere of the restaurant is pleasant and generally a good vibe. Having been there once before for dinner I can now confirm that while the food is rather good, the service is extremely slow. During the dinner hour when the place was packed it was understandable, though during brunch there were only 3-4 tables and a few guests at the bar, still everything from taking our orders to drink refills occurred only after flagging someone down. The overall experience was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special SpecialDedeDined on 5/31/2014The halibut special was sublime; served over red rice with pea tendrils and a saffron broth. The trout dish on the menu blew me away with the grapefruit quinoa and salmon caviar. it paired perfectly with the rose. Totally impressed with the creative preparation. Will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/28/2014Having been listed as one of the best new restaurants in Denver, we had high expectations. However we were disappointed. The raw oysters on the half shell were served warm as the waiter had left them sit on the kitchen serving shelf. He apologized as he had overlooked them. I ordered the fish special, ono, which was overcook as was the risotto. Service was marginal and the restaurant was not a third full. To many other Denver establishments to try before I would return.
- Duck Pate' was awesome...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014The atmosphere was very comfortable. The server had no idea what a gimlet was (which I found strange being in the bar/food biz). I like salt but the food was saltier than even I appreciate. The duck pate was the highlight! Overall, I was disappointed considering the fantastic choice of dining in Denver.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014They were very Accommadating in placing us at a table where we could all talk to each other. The soft shell crab was excellent! Husband thought the mahi mahi was just fair. Duck was really good too. Desserts were good. Will definetly go back. Fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/15/2014The food and service was excellent. The only drawback was the noise level. Also, if you go with a group be prepared to have some people sitting on a bench! The decor is very rustic western and kept us entertained.Special Features:
- MarginalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Food was fairly good, but skimpy portions. Loud and cold, the restaurant was not very inviting. Chairs at our table were uncomfortable (tractor seats on stools), and it was hard to talk at a semi-circular table. Not worth going out of the way to dine there.
- The following 98 reviews are from the The Curtis Club reviews archive.
- Dont' miss it but...CurtisClubDined on 5/2/2014The food is excellent as was our server, that said the menu is a bit limited as well as the wine list. Additionally, if dinner is your event for the evening, as it usually is for us, make sure to request a chair that has a back. Much of the restaurant has community seating and backless barstools (which is fine if you are twenty something). This may be your fate even if you've made a reservation so be sure to make your requests. We did and they honored them so all was well for us. The good news is the restaurant has a great deal of space to squeeze in more tables and dining chairs if the kitchen can handle an increase as well. Highlights were the soft-shelled crab, the truffled mashed potatoes and the rabbit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoostVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had fantastic service, excellent cocktails, and really love the vibe. The food was just OK.
- food preparation needs workkrillVIPDined on 5/1/2014Nice space but loud. Good cocktails. Food really needs work. Every entree and appetizer in our group of four disappointed. One was awful (braised buffalo in pasta was hard and dry...like old jerky). Service felt disconnected and ambivalent. I am hopeful that they can get some consistency (have heard from others that their food was good) and improve because it is a neat space.Special Features:
- Great foodEaterVIPDined on 4/20/2014The food was as expected; great. The service was also consistent with other reviews; just a little slow. The restaurant was not full for Sunday brunch and they did not appear to be understaffed, however, the vibe was to relax and enjoy your time. Unfortunately, some of the time was with empty drinks and such, but all in all, I will be returning. We all had something different food wise and my hamburger might have been the best I have had since moving to Denver 6 years ago!Special Features:
- Great staff. Good food.Janet585Dined on 4/20/2014We had Easter Brunch here and it was a great experience. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was very good. Everyone enjoyed their dishes: French Toast with Rhubarb Compote, Shop Dudes Breakfast and Wild Mushroom Scramble. Coffee comes in a French press, which I love. The decor features recycled wood on the tables and ceiling. The only off-putting thing is the red thistle and deer skull wallpaper but I'll arrange to sit with my back to that next time since it's only on one wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.