The Curtis Club
2100 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80215Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Curtis Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecurtisclub.com/
- Phone: (720) 420-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: 3:00pm - 6:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Late Night: Friday & Saturday: 10:00pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Crimson Burlesque
Last Saturday of every month!
- Special Events: Offer parties up to 100 for cocktail parties.
A word from The Curtis Club
Welcome to The Curtis Club! At our upscale casual restaurant, we strive to provide locally sourced, and mindfully produced cuisine and beverages. Please join us for lunch, brunch, dinner, happy-hour, or a late night cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Curtis Club reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (34)special occasion (30)hot spot (29)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (20)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (15)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Uncooked fish!FrankDined on 11/22/2014The colorado bass was served uncooked. When she cut it open it was still bleeding inside. I ate my meal while my wife waited for hers to be reheated. So we ended up going out together, but eating separately, while sitting at the same table.
- dinerDined on 11/16/2014We thought it was next to the Curtis Hotel on Curtis Avenue but it was on the north downtown area on Curtis Avenue. It was an easy drive. Maybe 3 miles from the hotel. Great mimosas with brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good valuereviewVIPDined on 11/16/2014Went here for brunch, very over priced for small portions. The decor was nice and I enjoyed the ambiance but will not return
- Promising, but disappointingBHCountsDined on 11/15/2014Good, high energy atmosphere, but very noisy. Very uneven meals. Very well prepared scallops and tasty vegetarian vegetable carnival. The hanger steak was also well done, but the fish special was quite poor. It lacked all seasoning and was overwhelmed by a grill flavor that came off like Liquid Smoke. The effective hipster ambiance and full house was also unable to compensate for a very ordinary chocolate dessert. We may go back for the bar and small bites, but not for a full dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!SharonVIPDined on 11/14/2014Jenny, our server was outstanding! Very fun, energetic and had great recommendations! This place is awesome and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Location a little dicey with a "camp" of homeless folks just down the block. Very noisy when it filled up. Might be good if the waitress knew more about the wines.Special Features:
- Good brunch placeLeahDined on 11/1/2014This is a good brunch place but drinks were definitely the highlight!Special Features:
- Great serviceAliceDined on 10/31/2014There were six of us for dinner. One meal was just OK the rest were excellent.Special Features:
- lunchevergreencubVIPDined on 10/31/2014Bacon cheeseburger with salad in place of French fries @ $16.00 for lunch? Very pricey. Although it was tasty just overpriced.Special Features:
- Great find in downtown DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/28/2014Wonderful menu, great food and very welcoming staff. I'll be back.Special Features:
- good looks costEmptyPocketsDined on 10/25/2014Place looks great. Fun ambiance and great service but be ready to spend too much .the menu is ok and over priced.Special Features:
- A Fun, Funky Placesjs57VIPDined on 10/22/2014I really liked the Curtis Club. It was a very funky old-fashioned road house feel. There are many communal tables so if you are on your own - this place is great. They also have good bar seating. We loved the food - the charcuterie platter was fun, with the cheddar cheese fondue. I had Alaskan Halibut over a corn salsa which was delicious. My husband chose two things on the menu and the waitress returned after we put in our orders to inform him that they had no chicken or beet salad. Who runs out of chicken? I always find it really a bit annoying when a restaurants doesn't have a number of things on the printed menu. That said, the food we ate was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Ambiance okay foodCassDined on 10/17/2014When you go to the Curtis Club the ambiance is awesome and they have very cool chic decor. The food was bland and didn't have a lot of flavor. I expected it to be better for the price, but it was just mediocre at best. I would go back for drinks and to hang out, but not to eat.
- Good Food - Well worth a visitHoffmnronDined on 10/15/2014We did a pre-theater dinner at the Curtis Club. The Food was excellent. It is a foodie-type place with a country and western feeling. Appetizers and main courses were excellent and the Pumpkin Bread Pudding for desert was outstanding. My pate appetizer was also a stand-out.Special Features:
- RepeaterCatalyst5280VIPDined on 10/10/2014This was our second trip to the Curtis Club. We were a bit surprised that we could get a last minute reservation at a reasonable time, given the reputation that the Curtis Club is building. We had the Duck and the Rabbit dishes on this visit and both were prepared exceptionally and paired well with sides. The only thing that we would change would be to shift the cocktail menu to more of a fall selection versus the rum and vodka based selections that are currently available and are more of a sitting-on-the-beach drink than a fall-in-the-Rockies drink.Special Features:
- Lunch on the patioBajaazulVIPDined on 10/8/2014Perfect day. This was my first visit and I will return. The veggie burger is homemade with lentils, GF, do I was delighted. All 5 of use enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseChicagoanVIPDined on 10/3/2014We weren't sure what to expect and ended up very happy! Great atmosphere and unique, delicious food. We will return!Special Features:
- Off the beaten pathFoodieVIPDined on 10/1/2014Had a great lunch with impeccable service. Now I want to go back for cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placeNomNomYummyDined on 9/27/2014This place should be (and doubtless will be) packed every night. Excellent food and tasty cocktails! I rarely compliment the service because you shouldn't notice good service, but I will make an exception--it was terrific. Knowledgeable, friendly, and most important, unobtrusive.Special Features:
- Great Brunch ItemsFoodie16Dined on 9/27/2014Went hear with a living social deal for brunch Saturday morning and the food was outstanding! French toast, burgers and goat cheese fondue were great! Not many people on Saturday morning so no wait and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014What fantastic food! Loved the duck and the egg appetizer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicetpeaDined on 9/21/2014Food was pretty good, service was excellent and mimosas were delicious! I would recommend this place and plan a return visit.Special Features:
- Spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Wait time for EVERYTHING was lengthy. Watched the waiter go service is other TWO tables of 4 outside. We were his only other table (of 2). I had to ask to order the app and then the main dish. He didn't seem to know how to time things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- is it orange juice or mimosafoodloverVIPDined on 9/20/2014They should change their bottomless mimosa tobottomless orange juice. That's what it really wax.
- Happy PlatescherylscarletVIPDined on 9/14/2014This was my second time dining at the Curtis Club, but the first time for brunch. Needless to say out group of four finished all our meals and appetizer and nearly licked the plates. Delish!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencegustoVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had a fabulous meal, and the service was wonderful. A shout out to Caitlin who is both very professional and friendly in just the right balance, which tends to be a problem at some Denver restaurants where staff verge on "too friendly". The food was delicious and the presentation was striking. You could tell that everyone took great pride in the product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable, Filled With Unique CharmbunnyloveDined on 9/4/2014My girlfriend and I were looking for a night of great drinks, food and ambience... a place where we could catch up in an intimate space but still feel that we were part of a hip scene. Curtis Club over-delivered on this front. The dining room and bar had amazing personality. The food was thoughtful and offered a broad array of flavours without straying from its soul... and they truly have soul. We had a several types of wines, and I was able to find lesser known producers among the big names listed. I remember there being a Rosenthal Bordeaux on the list for less than $75 and we had a rocking white blend for less than $35. I would love to go back with a date, soak up the dim lighting, that amazing Bordeaux and enjoy their Fall dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebratedAdventureIncDined on 8/31/2014We were treated so well and given special attention for my wife's birthday. The food was fantastic and they offered us a Gluten Free desert.Special Features:
- Great brunchNewParentsDined on 8/31/2014Fun atmosphere, delicious food and friendly service without the huge wait for a table at brunch!Special Features:
- Just phenomenal.DSPCuteOneDined on 8/29/2014Just phenomenal. I brought a group of friends here for Restaurant Week and it was amazing. The bartenders are wonderful and have some really great specialty cocktails. They also give great advice about the wines on the wine list. Our meal was superb. The pork belly salad with grilled peaches was awesome. The pork tenderloin with fried green tomatoes and white macaroni and cheese was delicious. And, we really enjoyed the chocolate cake. This is just an awesome restaurant that I will definitely return to.Special Features:
- Really nice for happy hourAmadeDined on 8/28/2014We went during restaurant week for happy hour. The food was really good but portions were a bit small for the prices. Good wine options, great service. Restaurant can get loud because it's so wide open and seating seemed to reflect the noise from a table nearby (mostly just a loud talker). Service is always great and friendly.
- The food fits the unique characterRNickersDined on 8/27/2014Food was delicious. Portions were a decent size. The booths were comfortable and great for people watching! The staff was friendly and unpretentious. We asked the server to pick out two of her favorite apps and entrees; she did not steer us wrong! Yum! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service great, too noisyvvs123VIPDined on 8/27/2014We like the CC - food is interesting and very good. Service is also very good. But don't go there and sit inside if you want to talk! We asked a waitperson about this and were told that 'the owner likes it noisy'. Maybe s/he does, but we don't.
- Loved it!SparrowsSpatulasDined on 8/25/2014We went for restaurant week. Excellent food, excellent service. Loved the cocktails too. I hear they have a very good Happy Hour, so I will be back. PS: The decor is FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- One of my new favsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014For a last minute restaurant week reservation The Curtis Club did not disappoint! I had the beet salad, rabbit and the trio of deserts. My one and only complaint is there was only one beet in my beet salad but the nuts and fried chevre did make up for it. The rabbit was delicate and moist and the desserts range from light and tangy (key lime cheesecake) to decadent and rich (chocolate stout cake) Kyle our waiter was fantastic, personable, attentive & knowledgeable. Definitely going back to experience there regular menu and may even try a Sunday brunch. Oh and the drink I had something wolf I think was absolutely fantastic, if you are a whiskey or bourbon drinker I highly recommend it The cocktails are creative and delicious!Special Features:
- Denver Restaurant WeekMarkDined on 8/23/2014This was our first stop for restaurant week. Easy to find with plenty of available parking. The service (Jenny) was excellent. Did not have to wait to asked if we needed anything. The food was outstanding, Summer Salad, Pork Belly, Pork loin, Trout and dessert were fabulous. GM provided us with a $10 gift cert for Sunday Evening dining starting this week. Overall excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014I was very excited to go here, but my experience left me wanting. The place is very cool and I love the decor. The appetizers we got were great and their happy hour menu was interesting. My dinner-I got the pork, was just ok though. The flavors were there, but the pork was overcooked, which ruined it for me. My husband had the duck though and said it was perfect and loved it. My friend had the salmon and said the same thing. I would definitely go back for happy hour, but don't know if I will do a full dinner there again.Special Features:
- Lunchtime DecencyDEEMVIPDined on 8/19/2014It was a decent place. Food was good, service was good -- no problems to report. Special drink ordered (Summer Snow) was great, though pretty pricy for such a small amount of liquid. Deal bought online beforehand made it a more reasonable venture, though.
- BrunchllrDENVIPDined on 8/17/2014Don't feel like writing a review. Too much to say. Won't be back
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2014Went for brunch with a group of 10 people. The restaurant was never full but it took 2.5 hours for us to eat. We had to eventually start going to the bar to get our own drinks. The food took almost an hour and a half to come out after we ordered. It was very good but we were all so annoyed with the service by that point that it didn't really matter. We will not be back.