The Crown & Goose
123 South Central Street
Knoxville, TN 37902Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Crown & Goose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecrownandgoose.com/
- Phone: 8655242100x
- Hours of Operation:
M-F: 11:00 AM-10 PM, Fri-Sat: 11:00 AM-11:00 PM, Sunday Brunch: 11:00 AM-3 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Beer Garden, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey DeAlejandro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: When we cater an event, we create a custom menu for the guests. The event host and the Chef will meet in person to come up with a completely unique, one of a kind menu. No other event will ever have the same menu. All of our food is also from local farms, so you know its the freshest it absolutely can be. We can cater off-site events, as well as in the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 different areas that we use for private events. We can host anything from a birthday party, to a Wedding and Reception, Rehearsal dinner, Baby Shower etc. The rooms each fit up to about 40 people, but can also be paired together to accommodate larger groups.
- Private Party Contact: Alicia McGee 8655242100x
- Entertainment: On Wednesday"s in the Goose we have live Jazz in the main dining room. We also have live Jazz in the Underground on Friday nights.
- Special Events: When you choose the Crown and Goose for your on-site special event, you get your own event planner for free! She will help you with every detail of the event. We pride ourselves on having great connections with others in the event industry. This helps when planning your special event. We can be as big of a help as you desire.
A word from The Crown & Goose
Welcome to The Crown & Goose and The Underground, Knoxvilles first authentic London gastropub, and raw oyster speakeasy. The Crown & Goose was created to provide world class food in a relaxed, traditional pub environment. We offer a wide selection of menu options from authentic British fare to delicious twists on traditional dishes created by Chef, Jeffrey DeAlejandro. With an interior inspired by London, The Underground is a unique space, perfect for an intimate date or a cocktail party. Enjoy seafood small plates at the Underground and then join us for dinner at The Goose. Or have dinner first and then come over to enjoy live music and a specialty cocktail. Either way, with seafood and oysters flown in fresh daily, you will enjoy a culinary experience unsurpassed in Knoxville. Our menus change frequently to maximize Chef's creativity and the freshest ingredients available, so come back often, there is always something new to experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Crown & Goose - Best Restaurants in Knoxville ›
The Crown & Goose reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Awesome spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014A group of friends went there and they were so accommodating and our server Ian knew everything about the menu and wine list! Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!kapann09Dined on 8/2/2014This place was fantastic! I found it online, my family and I have never heard of it or been there so we thought we'd try some place new. So glad we did! The atmosphere was nice, service was great, even had a nice conversation with the manager, and the food was amazing! I would highly recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Venueswatsp0pDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I came for dinner as first time visitors. We were extremely pleased with the service, the food and the entire dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceFerchoDined on 7/16/2014While a live band played great music our server, Reed, suggested appetizers to die for (chips with smoked salmon), we were a party of four, we all ordered different and we all agreed it was the best food we had had in a long time: the cheese board was fantastic, fish & Chips crispy and not oily at all, tomato soup really homemade and delicious, and my charcuterie board was absolutely wonderful a great combination of meat, pork belly, andouille and duck confit with a perfectly crispy bread. Our waiter helped everyone wth accurate descriptions. Lovely experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/4/2014We were in Knoxville for orientation with our son at UT. We chose the Crown & Goose because it was close to our hotel. What a surprise! The food was outstanding. My son had the pork shank and at age 18 he rarely raves about anything but he did about it. My wife loved the salmon. I had the duck legs confit served over risotto. A very nice evening.Special Features:
- A bit pricey!lulu42Dined on 5/28/2014After reviewing the menu and making a reservation, I was a little disappointed when I arrived to the restaurant to find essentially a bar with very little ambience. To be fair, I did not visit the beer garden outside, because my dining companions and I had a concert to attend and were limited on time. However, based on the website and the (pricey) menu, I expected something a little more elegant. The server was knowledgeable and engaging, and the cheese board did not disappoint. However, when we asked for more bread with our ($18) cheeseboard appetizer, we were told that there would be an additional charge. (We received 1 small loaf for 4 of us). I would think at $18, they could've tossed in some more bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingyummyDined on 5/10/2014We invited a group of friends who all enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The food was delicious. A couple of us sampled the house wines and thought them to be very tasty. Each of us would dine there again.Special Features:
- In dire need of updates!VinoisbestDined on 5/9/2014Old, uncomfortable seating...too open to enjoy conversation! Food is totally average but the price was in line. Service was ok. Felt like a run down shoneys. BEST PART WAS FREE PARKING! Will not be back and would never recommend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the The Crown & Goose reviews archive.
- old city gastropubmyoutingsDined on 5/3/2014Excellent menu and beer selection. They are happy to accommodate large groups which makes it a great gathering place.Special Features:
- Post Meeting DinnerCountryBoyInTheCityDined on 4/30/2014Trekked to the Old City for dinner with a group of colleagues from Chicago and San Francisco after a multi-day business meeting. Better than expected cocktails and a great bourbon selection appeased cocktail snobs who haunt well-known mixologists bars and eased tense and tired minds. The talented jazz band was a occasionally a little loud for the fairly small space with lots of hard surfaces, but it definitely set a festive mood. Finding a quality selection of wonderful fresh oysters in Knoxville was a very pleasant surprise. We sampled both pub fare (bangers and mash, bubble and squeak, shepherds pie) and small plates (crab stuffed deviled eggs, sliders) and all was fresh, well prepared, and nicely presented. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crown/Goose is good findMrDaleDined on 4/25/2014Electic menu, good food. We had a number of small plates, from raw oysters to mozzarella croquettes. Everything was well prepared, with quality, fresh ingredients. Staff a bit pretentious for Knoxville, but overall a good time.Special Features:
- An off night at a favorite spotJosiahWitherspoonDined on 4/23/2014We generally love the C&G. Wednesday night the wait time for service & food was excessively long. The food was not up to usual par. There was a great jazz band. Unfortunately the volume was so high that dinner conversation was impossible. We will be back and hope for better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shepard pie to die for!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The food was amazing! Shepard's Pie made with real ground lamb, served with two small lamb chops. It was incredible! The ambiance was great, the old city...well it's great! Server was not all that hot. Too snotty. But the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome menu with fresh choices...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014The pork shank is delicous "fall off the bone". The duck confit was very well done and delicous. Fresh oysters and a very good selection of beer especially high gravity imports. All in all very well done. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Great area of Knoxville. Love the cuisine . Menu is full of great options. Food was great and so was the atmosphere. Service marginal - but we won't hold it against the place. We will be back .Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014We had reservations for Saint Patrick's Day. We waited over an hour for our food. We asked to speak to the Manager and he never came to our table. I have never had an experience that the manager does not come to the table!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerjust4funDined on 3/14/2014Very friendly restaurant. My husband and I were celebrating our 33rd Wedding Anniversary and wanted to try a new restaurant. A number of my friends had recommended this restaurant. It has a great English Pub atmosphere and the food was very good. I had a very generous fish and chips dinner and my husband tried their meat board. We both liked our dinners very much and are looking forward to returning and trying other dinners on their menu. The bar had a very good beer selection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Our anniversary was celebrated there with a great dinner and a bottle of champagne. Our server was very patient, friendly and efficient. Great place to eat that's not too frilly.Special Features:
- Loved the food - service needs workSugars12Dined on 2/20/2014Nice décor. Love the "pub" feel. Great food. The steaks were HUGE and tasted great! But, the place was really noisy. We were there to have dinner with friends and it was tough to have much of a conversation. Service just so, so - took 3 tries to get our drinks order strait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love this place!!!!Prgirl10VIPDined on 2/16/2014Love, love, love this place!!!! We cannot wait to come back. Brunch on Sunday was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change upChrisDined on 2/15/2014Nice atmosphere there. Service was a little slow but we sat in the side room with a group of 5 and the bartender took care of us. Everyone who tried the fish complimented on how good it was. I tried the duck which was different and a little too salty for me. I will try something else next time. Will go back again. Nice change up from wannabe restaurants in the old city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ItOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014This was a first time dining experience in a new area and the food was excellent!! We were immediately seated and our server was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatdjones23Dined on 2/15/2014Food is always great here. Never had a bad meal. Atmosphere is great as well as the beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentinemilezeroDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a really pleasant time for valentines day and are now hooked forever on the Crown and GooseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential Gatropub!IntownfromMnDined on 2/10/2014All that you would want and expect in a GastroPub. Pleasing twists to British staples. The brussel Sprout side dish is UNBELIEVABLE! A great dinner made extra great due to our server.Special Features:
- Trouble getting our tablemarcDined on 2/1/2014In spite of having made my reservation via OpenTable, many hours in advance, we had some issues. The table the first showed us was a two-top that was positioned in the middle of the dining room, closest to the exit runway for the kitchen. We declined that table and asked for another table. Two of 4 tops were available, but they claimed that they were reserved. We had drinks at the bar, while the door staff was (we assumed) going to give us the next desirable table. We watched the two 4-top tables remain unsat, for 30 minutes. We left and I won't be back.Special Features:
- Great experiencePubCrawlerDined on 2/1/2014I had not been to Crown and Goose for a while. We went as a family and enjoyed the great food plus beer and Scotch selections. I travel in Europe a lot, and this pub brings a great European experience to Knoxville. We had a great leisurely dinner with attentive service. While they do not have a kids menu, our son ordered sliders from the small plates menu and really enjoyed them. The brazed pork shank was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real pub ambiance and food....greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Real pub ambiance and food....great beers consistent quality... we make it a go to place for visitors..Special Features:
- Holding the Bar HighRobertEarlKeenDined on 1/24/2014We have dined here several times before and know what to expect...great food, great service, great experience. And they delivered. Courteous, genuine employees that make the difference. They set the bar the first time we ever ate here. Set it high and continue to hold it up. If I could change anything, it would be beer prices. About a dollar or 2 high. We would stay longer if they were lower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique decor with a unique menuBoxerlover19Dined on 1/19/2014enjoyed the British pub decor with a nice variety offered on menu. We all ordered something different and everyone enjoyed their meal. The fresh oysters were outstanding and the Danish Ebelskivers were some of the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!cpr37922Dined on 1/18/2014Love the Crown & Goose - wish I lived closer so I be there more often! Food is excellent and most of it is homegrown and home made. And seriously - some of the best duck in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have tried hard to like, but. ..ChuckFinleyVIPDined on 1/17/2014Really have wanted to like it here but it is always so loud. It is not"energetic" noise but ratherjust plain loud, in no small measure due to the music they play. It detracts from the experience. I get that you are trying to be British so why throw in one Tom Petty song in the midst? He is from Florida. Unfriendly hostess this time. There is always someone on staff who is in a bad mood which is a shame because most staff seem to genuinely want the crown and goose to do well and for you to enjoy your visit. Shepherd's pie was unevenly cooked and lacked even the flavor of an average effort.
- Added to my best if listFoodlvrDined on 1/11/2014Some of the menu items were a little bit pricey but the quality of our food was exceptional. The special was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. The sever was great too. He gave us our space but we never felt like he was unavailable. This was our first time here and we are both looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly!FamilyFunDined on 12/26/2013Awesome night of family Christmas celebration. Sharing food with each other gave us real "taste testing"...from teens to adults to grandma, with absolutely top of the line friendly, warm service! (Ian rates a top ten for service.) The Duck Confit, the Chicken Thighs, the Bangers and Mash, the Pork Shank, the cheese board and several other appetizers...all top notch and greatly appreciated...oh, yes, the wine and beer were well rated too! Son, who travels and dines out frequently, says it is in his top ten favorites ANYWHERE! ALSO, the Christmas decorations were awesome. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialChristmas EveDrDisiDined on 12/24/2013For the past two years we have eaten at C and G for Christmas Eve and have never been disappointed. We love the ambiance especially since our home is in Marietta. We come to Knoxville to visit our granddaughter who works at WATE-ABC Christmas Eve and Day. Whenever we come to Knoxville, we eat at C and G so we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XMAS DECOR WORTH THE VISITVISITORDined on 12/23/2013Christmas decorations at CROWN AND GOOSE are always exquisite and during the holidays, it is worth going for a meal just to see them. The menu seems to have become limited recently but the favorites are still there: fish and chips, shepherd's pie. Their late afternoon Happy Hour is another reason to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter WonderlandBarbDined on 12/20/2013The Crown and Goose was really decked out for the holidays, and this made it a perfect spot for a great night out. The restaurant is a little tight on space, but everyone there seemed to be having a great time. The food is good but not excellent. We had the standard fish and chips and a flank steak dish (?) that my husband did not care for. Our server was very attentive. We will return and try other food options.Special Features:
- ExcellentFamilyOutingDined on 12/20/2013For quite a few years now we do a pre-Christmas trip to Knoxville to shop for Christmas, and always finish the day with dinner at The Crown & Goose. We've never been disappointed. And I think our children, now 21 and 22, look more forward to dinner than anything else. We would highly recommend this fabulous restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knoxville's BestDrDisiDined on 12/7/2013C & G is on our must do list when we visit our granddaughter in Knoxville. The food is scrumptious and we love the cheeseboards! As long as our granddaughter lives in Knox, we will be back every time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took our family to yourenjoyedUDined on 11/22/2013We took our family to your restaruant for the Vandy/ UT game this past weekend and really enjoyed our visit. Our meal and waiter were excellent. We have a daughter that is graduating December 13th and plan on coming over for dinner the night before . . Thanks again Steve Volz 229 Andover Way Nashville TN 37221Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.