The crown and crumpet
3792 Main Street
Jordan, ON L0R 1S0Neighborhood:
BritishPrice: CAN$30 and under
The crown and crumpet
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecrownandcrumpet.com/
- Phone: 2895670521
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Scottish, Afternoon Tea, British
- Executive Chef: Lorraine Simpson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View
- Catering: Our chef/ owner has had 30 years of personal experience in both Hong Kong, London UK and Canada and was brought up as a child in a family restaurant too. Catering for afternoon tea parties, children's Tea parties, baby showers, wedding showers and more. All Home made and menu to suit your taste.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two rooms one seating 12 and one seating 36.
- Private Party Contact: Lorraine 2895670521
A word from The crown and crumpet
A Traditional British Tearoom serving Home made lunches, snacks and full traditional high Tea. Set in the stunning village of Jordan, you will love a day out here with lovely boutiques, a winery and specialty stores.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The crown and crumpet reviews from OpenTable diners
- A perfect dining experienceMarsDined on 11/14/2013Everything was exceptional: the decor, food, waitress, tea, ambiance. All three of us thoroughly enjoyed our first time at this little gem. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Afternoon TealovethechinaDined on 10/25/2013A lovely spot and very accommodating service for a special birthday family lunch with 6 adults and 2 children. We are "Downton Abbey" fans so enjoyed all the surroundings and gift shop as well. A nice change from lunch at a chain restaurant. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMaggieDined on 10/17/2013Enjoyed a very pleasant time having lunch. The staff were friendly and fun. Other diners were also friendly making it comfortable and interesting .Special Features:
- Jordan GemNKE3Dined on 9/1/2013Great little British tea room. Wonderful lunch and late afternoon fare as well as high tea! Amazing selection of teas! Delicious home made goodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends, food and fun....DecembergirlDined on 8/31/2013The staff was very friendly and helpful.......staying at your table to enjoy a lively, interesting conversation. The food was great.....the soups are always sssoooo good!. So many choices for tea....you're sure to find a few that you enjoy. The hours are make it possible to make a reservation when you want it. Not only is the Crown and Crumpet a fun place to visit for a great lunch, there is also some amazing shops just down the road from antiques, winery, clothing and garden accessories. A perfect place to spend an afternoon. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- English FareCrystalLady41Dined on 8/2/2013First of all, we loved the charm of the house. The menu was perfect for an English lunch. The Steak and Guiness pie was excellent. In fact, it was better than any of the ones I've had in other restaurants. The service was delightful. We will be back for gift certificates for high tea and lunch for occasions. Actually, high tea is next on our list when we come back. Thank you again. We really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I thoroughlynisaDined on 8/1/2013My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch experience at TheCrown & Crumpet in spite of the fact that the food took forever to get to our table after our order was taken. The owner/servers were all friendly and helpful, and made up for our endless wait for the food. Not to mention, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea with Mom!SherryDined on 7/20/2013We arrived early, so the restaurant was quiet. Liked how you got to pick your own tea cup as you entered. Had high tea for two and a tea cup of soup. Soup was excellent. High tea had little added touches that make the experience special! Just found the noice level of the tea house was really loud as more people arrived, glad we arrived early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint but disorganizedlovestoeatDined on 6/13/2013!st time visit. Heard lots of great feedback so decided to check it out. Unfortunately today the service was very slow and disorganized. Had to wait for everything. Looks like they booked an extra party and they were not prepared for the extra people. Had run out of many items before 1:00. Hope they are able to fix this because it looks like it has good potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was hoping for.AlittleDisappointedDined on 6/9/2013We had Afternoon Tea here and although it wasn't bad, it wasn't up to the standards that a real Tea Lover would expect. Especially for the price. Although the young man who served us was pleasant enough, and it is a family business, I'd much rather be served by appropriate wait staff. The food was ok, but just ok. The scones were a little underdone in the middle, and had great long pieces of green rhubarb in them. They didn't have honey for the tea and some of the sandwiches were served on a very grainy bread, not what I personally care for in a tea sandwich. The tea itself was delicious, though served in a simple ceramic pot, as opposed to china or glass which I would have preferred. Not the worst, but needs some refining.
- We loved the Crown and CrumpetBumperDined on 6/2/2013We loved the Crown and Crumpet and definitely a tea house we'll be back to. High tea was deelish especially the light and fluffy scones and loved the jam too. Our server/owner had quite the personality that we all enjoyed! She was quite entertaining. A place we'll be back to again and again. Thanks much!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first visit. UnfortunatAnitaDined on 5/31/2013This was my first visit. Unfortunately the first and second items we ordered from the menu were not available and so did not stay. I had made reservations for 12:30, we arrived at that time so I think there should not be a problem Our server was very nice and explained they had been very busy and hence the problem.
- SweetTMOEDined on 5/19/2013I feel in love with the Crown and Crumpet. Sweet family business...will definitely return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tea room experiencejmackDined on 5/19/2013If you're looking for a nice cozy tea room with some of the best scones I have ever tasted, try the Crown and Crumpet. My friends and I had the High Tea selection which includes 6 finger sandwiches of different varieties (you have to try the coronation chicken), 2 scones and 3 desserts. It was a little pricey compared to the rest of the items on the menu but we figured we should try it for the high tea experience. I really enjoyed the original scone with devonshire cream and jam - delicious! It is quite a small eating area (the front room of an old stone house) but it didn't feel overly crowded. It's also nice that there are some boutiques right down the street that you can visit after you enjoy your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.