the crow bar and kitchen
2325 E Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
the crow bar and kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecrowbarcdm.com/
- Phone: (949) 675-0070
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Breakfast and Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: John Cuevas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our lower level room is perfect for private parties, business lunches, or any social event. Our intimate room will seat 24 people comfortably or up to 45 people for a cocktail type event. Please call Alex or Steve for any questions regarding the private dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Alex or Steve 9496750070
A word from the crow bar and kitchen
The crow bar and kitchen is the first gastropub for Orange County, complete with an array of international brews and a selective wine-by-the-glass program. The menu is done with a gourmet touch leaning on local, farm-fresh ingredients. It's high-end comfort food with an environmentally savvy twist. The crow bar and kitchen has created a different type of pub menu that celebrates local food, honors tradition and welcomes seasonality, with special attention given to illustrate the varying ways beer and food can be paired to make both more enjoyable. These menu changes will further support the farm to table model. The crow bar and kitchen is proud to support sustainable agriculture as well as local farms and businesses in order to serve food that simply tastes better. Pubs with their welcoming, fun and vibrant atmospheres have a long history of anchoring and building communities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
the crow bar and kitchen - Best Restaurants in Corona del Mar ›
the crow bar and kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (19)good for groups (13)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (7)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Crow barTooLegitToQuitDined on 10/27/2014Love it! The food is delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephieR1123VIPDined on 10/24/2014It seems as if the chefs have changed. Food is not as good as it used to be. It's as if they have tried to cut back on costs which in turn have cut back on flavor
- Dinner was fabulous !MrsMVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner and will be back soon! The zucchini was the best I ever had!Special Features:
- Great night!CliggzDined on 10/10/2014table was ready and waiting, good service, food was great too. LOVE the Brussel sprouts! Burger with fries for $24 was way over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnScottDined on 10/3/2014I have been to the Crow Bar a dozen times and always found the food okay not great but good. Our daughter had never been so we took her for her first time. We had Brussels sprouts for an appetizer and they were very good. My wife had the Ahi sandwich which was the best our of the meals however very salty. My daughter ate salmon dish due to the amount of salt. I had the steak frites, once again to much salt, the compound butter would not melt for some reason and the quality meat was terrible. I ate about half of my dinner as I was hungry but that was all I would eat. Will not returnSpecial Features:
- Worked for a business dinercytog64Dined on 9/30/2014I was really happy with this location for a small group business dinner. For 4 people, including drinks, the total bill came to $200. The bar had a great selection of "craft" and "specialty" beers. The service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- First time but not the lastMarzracergirlDined on 9/20/2014Had some guests in town and wanted to go out to dinner. Looked to see who had last minute reservations and found Crow Bar. We all had a great time. Food was excellent, can't go wrong with the duck fat fries! Also you must get their homemade kit kat bar for dessert, so delicious. Strong drinks, had the blackberry jalapeno margarita, so good, definitely recommend if you like a little spice! They also have a great beer selection. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Great Friday night spotHerbsquaredDined on 9/19/2014Had the salmon which was delicious. The beer selection was great. The pricing was good for Orange County. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodhbfoodieDined on 9/18/2014I've been here for lunch and dinner. Food is fresh, tasty and appealing. The ahi sandwich for lunch was the best I've had in a while. My friend had the burger and was also happy which her choice. It was more quiet and less crowded for lunch than at dinner. I have eaten at every restaurant along PCH in CdM and Crow Bar is one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Always good!RudemanDined on 9/6/2014A fun place with very good food and friendly service. Exceptional beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NursetnewDined on 9/4/2014The Crow Bar is a great place for people who love sustainably great food! They always have a great selection of draft beer, bottle beer and wine. The burgers are amazing- flavorful and cooked to perfection. The sweet potatoe fries and duck fat fries are so good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beerdalahodDined on 8/30/2014Not only is the food great, they have a huge craft bottle list and a tap list that goes on and on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great placeEaterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great to take and meet up with friends. Energetic and close setting makes you feel as part of a group where you can talk with others and discuss food.Special Features:
- Fun evening outDon7VIPDined on 8/8/2014Very much enjoyed the food and service. My wife and I split the caesar salad and the Crowbar burger w/duct fat fries. Unusual Caesar salad with roasted endive. We asked for extra dressing and got it right away. We also asked for extra ketchup and got that right away also. Very attentive service. Loved the Crowbar burger. Nice wine selection by the glass. Got to meet the US Olympic Vollyball team while dinning there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats no convoFlyingMonkeyDined on 8/1/2014Once again the food just excells here. We had a burger, the Cubano (crazy good) and some appetizers. Duck fat fries, normally the bomb were just so so and lots if broken and small pieces like we got the bottom of the batch. The Cubano was insanely good and I didn't want to share. Downside: this place is always busy on a weekend night but even having made a reservation we were seated right by the kitchen :( Add the normal noise of the place and there was no way to converse at the table. This table should be reserved for the drop ins, not folks with reservations who arrive 15 min early. Take care of your customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too Hot!BBBVVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good. Our server was an absentee dingus. Very slow, unresponsive and I'm sorry to say not that bright. My biggest complaint is it was about 85F during dinner. Way too uncomfortable. All of us were sweating. Then they just left the front door open and turned off the limited AC all together. I didn't understand what they were trying to accomplish. Some sort of customer reduction plan? Great food, but wouldn't go back unless they let me in with no shirt and wearing a damp bathing suit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 601 reviews are from the the crow bar and kitchen reviews archive.
- Nice date night, great serviceirvinefoodiesDined on 7/17/2014I am writing the review to talk about the service. Food was very good apps were great, sides yummy, and we enjoyed the entire evening, the only problem was our prime ribeye steak came out over cooked. We asked for medium it came out more well done with little to no pink. The steak takes 30mins to prepare so we couldn't wait for a new one due to babysitting constraints, so the very nice staff and management staff took it off our bill. They rectified the situation and admitted that is not the way it should have come out. We would definitely go back and try that steak again. The only disappointing part was the valet. He was very nice parking the car and returning it to us, but shook his head in disgust about the tip we gave him.Special Features:
- Crow BarKatieMVIPDined on 7/1/2014We always have a great time at Crow Bar. Great food, lively bar. One of the only places in Newport/CdM that doesn't shut down at 10:00!Special Features:
- Not if you're on a dietHonest1VIPDined on 6/29/2014Crow Bar is lively. It is a gastro pub. Their food is somewhat innovative (a fried egg on top of the hamburger). It is really hard to find anything healthy to eat here; most foods are fried and/ or fatty. They have a tremendous amount of micro beers on tap so if you're a beer drinker that will make you happy! It is a fun, relaxed atmosphere and geared towards the 20's to mid 30's crowd in my opinion.Special Features:
- AmazingMizaniVIPDined on 6/28/2014Wow, dinner was unbelievably delicious! Our waiter Andrew had the BEST recommendations! My husband and I had the sausage trio for our appetizer, black label crow burger, and the Butterscotch and Salted Carmel Pot Au Crème. DELCIOUS!! Very excited that they have catering as well.Special Features:
- Still a nice placeKAnnDined on 6/28/2014We've haven't been here for awhile and found a few changes. On the plus side, the sausage trio and pretzel were great. I could make a meal with that and a nice cold beer. A disappointment was with the fish and chips. The fish was good, as usual, but the accompanying sauce just didn't go well with it. It had some sort of curry base to it and just didn't seem to go with the fish. Since they have a small menu, it may be awhile before I go back. Plus I found their glasses of wine to not be very generous at all.Special Features:
- Good food, but .....n6goldDined on 6/27/2014The noise level was off the chart - think standing near a jet taking off while a heavy metal band played at full volumeSpecial Features:
- ThumbsDined on 6/14/2014Go for a drink But Stay for the Food. Wait staff is out standing. The real Gem's are the Chef's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brew JointOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/3/2014Great list of beers and wine. Stick with the burgers. Only one Veg on the menu; get your greens somewhere else. Lots of fries. Avoid the fish and chips. The fish was a soggy brick.Special Features:
- crow Bar & KitchendalahodDined on 5/31/2014The food is always great. Fresh and local. Beer list is top notch.Special Features:
- Dessert was heavenFinedinerDined on 5/29/2014I really love this place but we were really disappointed in one of our dishes. The fish sandwich was not a great piece of fish and was slightly over cooked. and the bun was as dry as dust. They need to rethink that dish. The duck fat fries were amazing and the pot au creme was the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuAmyCVIPDined on 5/25/2014The items on the menu are diverse and there is enough to choose from so that everyone in the group got a dish they thoroughly enjoyed. I found myself wanting to return to the restaurant as there are many more items I would like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014Service was ok kind of poor and it made it worst that we were the only ones in the restaurant. The food portions and presentation was a joke.Special Features:
- What did the chef do?EnjoydinneroutDined on 5/24/2014I ordered the "chicken" which came with beans/zucchini. I never liked zucchini so I asked if there was another vegtable available. The server asked if I would like Brussel sprouts. I said yes because I love them. Well, when my meal came & I tasted the Brussel sprouts, I gaged. They were really bad. I've never had a dish that bad...I'm now wondering if they actually have a chef or just some person who volunteered to cook or maybe they were taping an episode of "chopped"!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014Food excellent. Reservations are a must at dinner. Full bar and wide selection of beer & wines. Loud atmosphere when full.Special Features:
- Not for brunchDiniegirlVIPDined on 5/17/2014Dark, depressing bar atmosphere in an otherwise beachy area. Food was good - service was slow. We came for brunch. Wouldn't recommend. Probably good for lunch/dinner.
- Great healthy fun foodWillDined on 5/11/2014We eat primarily foods that are non gmo No hormone etc. the Crow bar offers this as well as a fun menu. The restaurant is very casual and the music is loud but festive. We had steak and eggs, a kitchen sink salad and a few gluten free starters Which were great. Parking is by valet. Overall it's a good alternative to a True FoodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Fries Out of this WorldKbgallaghDined on 5/10/2014The Crowbar has a fun atmosphere with an eclectic food selection. Be sure to try their duck fried french fries, a real winner.Special Features:
- Always GoodRyanHVIPDined on 5/9/2014I've been here a number of times and it is always really, really good. Great beer list, and it really doesn't seem to matter what you order, they make it well. Duck fat fries, duck fat fried chicken (Monday's I think), black-label burger (hangover style is awesome), oh, did I say duck fat?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014waitress abandoned us -never asked if we wanted anything - coffee after meal -- just swept by and tossed the bill at usSpecial Features:
- EaterVIPDined on 5/4/2014A little pricey - what you'd expect in NB. Food presentation excellent.Special Features:
- OrganicSuperbVIPDined on 4/30/2014Very healthy, organic, sustainably-driven food. Roasted/charred onion soup - outstanding ! Grilled cheese special of the day - with organic chicken, cranberry sauce, and more - like none other. Good drink, beer and cider selections. GREAT service from knowledgeable waitress.Special Features:
- CrowbarGuynextdoorDined on 4/26/2014Great bar scene, food is unique and really good! Seriously order the Brussel Sprouts even if you don't typically like them, you will love these!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Marginal food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2014Barely warm duck fat fries, a marginal hamburger, raw salmon and a salad full of raw onions. Last time I ate here I was disinclined to return. Now I will remember to skip this place.
- Fine food, serviceHUGODined on 4/20/2014Repeat visits to the Crow Bar confirm high ratings for creative cooking and friendly service.Special Features: