400 N. Broadway
Santa Ana, CA 92701Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thisisthecrosby.com/
- Phone: 7145433543
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Restaurant/Bar/Bookstore opened up by 3 very young entrepreneurs (also musicians and artists themselves) right in the heart of the Downtown Artist's Village.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Please contact email@example.com
- Entertainment: Entertainment begins around 10:00pm & goes until 2:00am. Every night varies in genre & format of entertainment. To keep up to date with The Crosby's current events, please find us on facebook, twitter, myspace, or just visit our website at www.thisisthecrosby.com
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from The Crosby
Restaurant/Bar/Bookstore opened up by 3 very young entrepreneurs (also musicians & artists themselves) right in the heart of the Downtown Artist's Village.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Crosby reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love this place. Its happening,NancyDined on 1/11/2014Love this place. Its happening, artsy, hipster and eccletic. The food is fabulous and gourmet. Kudos to the chef. I will def come back.Special Features:
- really nice placeSillygirl87Dined on 12/28/2013I wasn't sure where to take my friends and we found this place and I thought it looked pretty cool. The vibe is very punk rock but I liked the decor and the candles. The service was really good and the food and drinks were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2013Good friend and I met up, as we do about once a month to try different places and catch up on our respective businesses. Casual with good food. Excellent garlic / truffle fries and very good ceviche. Bartender made perfect Sapphire martini. Not many people there and I suspect would be noisy if it was full due to concrete floors, etc. Great service from all of the staff and very reasonably priced. Good place to go meet up with friend(s.) Would like to have seen a slightly more expanded menu but still was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Drinks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Food was great. Drinks were okay not for the price. They don't serve drop shots. Staff was accommodating and nice decor.
- Not my cup of teaJennifer75Dined on 11/2/2013I did not like the dark concrete environment of this place. More bar feeling. Didn't like the menu so we left.
- Good Food and Great Servicerey626Dined on 10/5/2013As soon as my wife and I walked in for our reservation we were graciously greeted by the host and promptly sat at our table and almost immediately greeted by our server. Our server, Ali was very personable yet still maintained her professionalism exhibited by her thorough knowledge of the menu, salesmanship and attentiveness. She sold us on the lobster tacos and the Waygu burger but to begin, we indulged in the truffle fries to compliment our drinks. There's too much to say with so little characters left to fairly describe the food. The Tacos were great especially with that crispy cheese wrap and my Burger... phenomenal. It almost took me back to the Cherry Cricket, my favorite burger all the way in Denver. Good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazingchrissymarie23Dined on 9/23/2013My boyfriend and I have been there on multiple occasions including 2 birthdays. Every time it's been a hit with all of our friends. They have great food, great drinks, and fantastic happy hours. hint** Go on Tuesday nights, they do an amazing Taco Tuesday where "The Crosby" becomes "El Crosby" LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Delicious MealJackDined on 8/15/2013The service was excellent. The food was Delicious. The menu on Open Table has been revised, but the selections were plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winner every time.SamuelsDined on 6/21/2013Every single person I've taken here has left satisfied. Great food, drinks menu, and service. I recommend trying the sweet potato fries and the desserts. If you don't want to spend much then try their happy hours that has great value menu.Special Features:
- Great food, good people, andSassycassyDined on 6/15/2013Great food, good people, and nice place to have a drink and listen to some good music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and DeliciiousBigRedFroVIPDined on 6/10/2013The Crosby was quite noisy, but it wasn't over powering. I was still able to hold a conversation without yelling. The food was all quite good and in extremely reasonable quantities. We had stuffed mushrooms and seared tuna, both of which were incredibly good. Also the sweet potato fries were quite good, but a bit to salty in my opinion. Their sauces for the fries could also stand to be more powerful so they can compete with the salt and flavor of the fries. For dessert we had Pumpkin Creme Brulee, it was a very small dish and the chef went a little over kill with the "brulee" part and the top had a bit of a scorched earth thing going on. The bar has a bunch of very interesting and entirely too fruity signature drinks. Out of characters.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2013My husband and I have been trying local restaurants that are not chains. My friend came for a visit and we decided to try The Crosby. The staff and owners were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and had such a great energy. The menu had a variety of items, all a little different in taste style, basically-something for everyone. Portions were filling, all of us took some 'to go'. We really enjoyed our total experience. We will return and have already recommended The Crosby to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timesantdogg73Dined on 5/24/2013i have been here a few times now and the place is great. a real feel good spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food chill atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2013I went on a Wednesday and it was a nice little stop for dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ChiliOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013The Crosby is a fantastic restaurant and I've been coming here since it opened a couple years ago but there are two staples on the menu that make this Santa Ana establishment a place I treck to, since I currently live in Long Beach. The starving artist grilled cheese and the chili are my absolute favorite items to order, along with the amazing sangria. I was sad when I arrived to see that the chili was taken completely off the menu and the starving artist grilled cheese is now only at their grilled cheese spot. The waitress informed me that this was decided several months ago but it still was a serious bummer as i was hoping to order those classic items. I hope they bring them back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot! Had a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Great local spot! Had a nice little date with my husband. Music and ambiance were perfect for date night!Special Features:
- Mediocre food, limited menuLuvgrtfoodVIPDined on 4/15/2013The menu is very limited with about 7-small plates and 7-large plates offered. The portions are generous, but It's impossible to find anything 'healthy' on the menu except for the green salad! Most everything was either fried or covered in cheese, and the chef will not allow you to order a dish without the cheese, bacon, etc., because it 'ruins the integrity of the dish!'. Maybe this place is worth a try on the weekend when they have entertainment and a lively bar scene. I would not recommend as a dinner destination.
- Santa Ana hipsterScottMontDined on 4/12/2013Interesting twists from this small little hipster in Santa Ana. We shared 3 plates and came away smiles from all. We were a couple, it would be hard to sit a party over 6. Worth taking a chance to see if you like it.Special Features:
- my friends and i were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013my friends and i were there for a birthday celebration. it was a late night dinner plan and i just ordered a drink. i actually paid for the birthday girl's drinks as well. my card was swiped a few times by mistake. the waitress reassured me that the transactions were voided, so i didn't care to check twice with my bank account. however, the money was place on hold and processed on my bank account. i was left broke all weekend for the money i didn't spend. the money still hasn't been deposit back and it has been 4 days. i tried calling but no one was picking up the phone. i don't live near the resturant, so i'll have to wait unitl the weekend to go get it fixed. i was very disappointed.
- I want my evening back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2013Mac and cheese was noodle with dried cheese on top. Thai wings were mini pieces of dried chicken scraps with sauce at the bottom of serving bowl. Fries were soggy and soppy with oil.
- Chef's Menu is incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013The Crosby has become our go to place for special dinners. We had a friend from Boston in town on business for a few days, one night to meet for dinner and The Crosby amazed our food critic from New England.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure eating atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Always a pleasure eating at The Crosby. Food was good, drinks were unique and delicious. The waitress, Allie, was very knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive.Special Features:
- I recently had dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2013I recently had dinner with a group of friends here for the first time and was very impressed! The service was great and the food was even better. We ended up just ordering a bunch of items off the menu and sharing them instead of each ordering individual items. It worked perfect especially since each item was worth tasting. There wasn't one thing that we all didn't love. The spinach stuffed mushrooms were mouth watering, garlic truffle fries were delicious and even the arugula salad had amazing flavor. We had also gotten there during happy hour so many of the items we ordered were 25% off which made our bill pleasantly affordable. My personal favorite was the white sangria on the happy hour drink menu....OMG!Special Features:
- The Crosby is our favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013The Crosby is our favorite. We love the food. They always change the menu, but our favorites were still there. The drinks are great! The service was good. One of the people in our party felt that the waitress didn't like him.Special Features:
- Nice vibe to the restaurant GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2013Nice vibe to the restaurant Good cocktails Mediocre service. Kitchen refused even slight modification to menu items
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The food and drinks were overpriced. The Thai chicken wings, macaroni, NY steak, duck ravioli were not good. If you go, just order a beer and order the $10 hambuger.
- Great food with very creativeTableauDined on 3/2/2013Great food with very creative flair, excellent wine, and a super friendly server. We arrived early (6 p.m.), which was perfect for us because we wanted to talk. I understand that later on the Crosby turns into a club scene and I'm sure it's fun if that's your plan for the night.Special Features:
- The Crosby was a perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The Crosby was a perfect place for Valentine's day. Their price fix menu had 4 courses and they all tasted amazing. We also had a great waitress who made the evening very enjoyable.Special Features:
- This was the 2nd ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013This was the 2nd Valentines Day we've spent at The Crosby. There was a pre-fixed menu and Chef Aron did an amazing job on the entrees. We also purchased the wine pairing which was a perfect compliment to each course. The waitress Stephanie was awesome and bartender Sarah made us a great martini & cosmo to start before dinner. The ambiance/music was perfect for a special Valentine's Day and the entire staff dressed up for the occasion. We are frequent diners at The Crosby and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- The food was a disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013The food was a disappointment. Our first course, the roasted vegetables lacked the texture and taste of well roasted vegetables, they were overcooked and bland. The lamb chop dish was better, as was the steak. Our dessert the creme brulee was runny, served warm and the sugar topping was burnt to an inedible bitterness. Overall the food was mediocre and not prepared with the care and service that is expected at this price level.This is not the place to order wine, they have a poor selection and service. We ordered a Paso Robles Red,and a Cabernet Sauvignon from France, they were both served warm and in a tumbler. We let the server know about the temperature of the wine and she offered to put ice in it! The only thing great was the music
- The Crosby made my fiancé'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013The Crosby made my fiancé's birthday dinner perfect! We sat down...and I truly wish I could remember our server's name, because she was great! We started off with the spinach stuffted mushrooms...amazing! My fiancé ordered the lamb lollipops, I don't like lamb, but he said they were delicious. I had the duck ravioli...and I absolutely loved it!!! The chef has the pasta hand made, and it makes such a difference. Then our waitress brought out pumpkin crembrule...omg so good! Not only was our meal absolutely perfect, but the service made our experience even better. We loved the vibe in place, and even more we loved the foooooood! The decor works for a date, but cool enough to bring a group of guys to. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Amazing Food! Perfect Dinner Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Some of the best food we've ever eaten, hands-down - who knew you could have such an amazing time & dine so well in such an unassuming little spot in the heart of historic downtown Santa Ana?! We often go to The Crosby for drinks &/or their Happy Hour menu (so good!). This time we made an early dinner reservation, though, so we could sit down & try the dining experience there. We tried a wide selection from the Chef's Menu - everything, from the delicious Lamb Lollipops to an amazing vegan Vegetable Plate with Shishido Peppers - and it all was fantastic. Such a great spot for a date-night. Plus, a great drink list and really friendly service. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Definitely give it a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013The moment I walked in, the vibe was welcoming. The place was small and quaint. Good thing I made a reservation because we walked straight to our table. The couple next to me didn't make a reservation, so they had to wait even though tables weren't filled. Waitress was great! She explained to us all the selections since it was our first time there and was super enthusiastic. Cocktails were also delicious! We tried a good number of them, and my palette couldn't complain. Food was great and affordable. The portions were just right, although it seemed like the entrees should come with sides. Overall, little gatherings are perfect for this place. I definitely recommend coming here if you haven't tried it.Special Features:
- Really great food and wonderfulTravelingmanVIPDined on 12/27/2012Really great food and wonderful menu choices. In downtown Santa Ana so the area gets a little dicey after 10 or so. The restaurant turns into a club around 10 and the mix of people turns very young so my suggestion is to dine early. Some of the best food we have had in quite some time. I am writing this review after about a month so I cannot provide details. Service was great and food outstanding.Special Features:
- Wow, Who would have thought?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/21/2012Who would have thought you can find a gem like this in Orange County? Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Coming back for more!Special Features:
- Make sure to make a reservationMahryeuhDined on 12/20/2012Make sure to make a reservation through Open table! They fill up quickSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012The food was great. Very creative menu and everything that we ordered was wonderful. The waitress was one of the best - she was helpful and charming and gave us great tips on what to order. Everything was great and each of us would definitely consider a return visit.Special Features:
- My husband and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012My husband and I have been here countless times. They have a base menu and a chefs menu that changes monthly I believe. The food here is great. The service is mostly great if you go before the bar scene arrives. Things could get hectic, but that goes for any other place as well. If you're a foodie, come before 7pm.. That way you won't miss out on the happy hour. Monday - Friday 5pm-7pm. It used to be 8pm, no big deal. They usedto have pizzas, I guess they got rid of that. For happy hour, they have a pepperoni flat bread, which is practically the same. The Char SIU Korean BBQ burger was delicious! As so is the wagyu one they have with the egg. Have fun and eat up folks!Special Features:
- The food was amazing and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The food was amazing and our waitress Ally was the best! She knew the menu well and was able to make great suggestions for drinks and dinner. I had the half hen and it was so tender and juicy! My husband had the lobster tacos he said they were really good.
- Food was great. Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Food was great. Our server Nelly was great! I am definitely coming back to this spot. Must try: sweet potato fries, garlic truffle fries & lobster gumboSpecial Features: