The Crosby Bar
79 Crosby St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Crosby Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firmdalehotels.com/new-york/crosby-street-hotel/crosby-street-bar
- Phone: 2122266400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Anthony Paris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Crosby Bar
The Crosby Bar& Terrace, inside the Crosby Street Hotel on a quiet cobblestone street in the heart of New York's vibrant SoHo neighbourhood, offers modern American food in a uniquely eclectic setting. Open daily for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, the Crosby Bar & Terrace also features an extensive cocktail and international wine menu, and classic English afternoon tea. Join us in the warmer months on the sunken outdoor terrace amongst lush wildflowers and a blossoming apple tree. Private event space is available for corporate and social gatherings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Crosby Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (7)hot spot (6)romantic (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Colorful Crosby - What A Gem!SuburbiansDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner here and can't wait to return. We enjoyed the specialty cocktails, skipped the appetizers and ordered sides instead. We enjoyed 2 rounds of the brussel sprouts and a side of the Gigante beans. The entrees were delicious, we had the salmon and diver scallops. For dessert, chocolate cake and lavender honey brulee, nothing was left over. The decor is charming and love the colors of the fabric and the colorful glass beaded lights. The bathroom is very nice, sort of felt like a maze getting there but once you arrived you were pleasantly surprised. We can't wait to return, would like to stay overnight at the hotel and enjoy the courtyard that's exclusively for the guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous fun!kristicrisisDined on 8/6/2014Delicious fare and beautiful garden and bar restaurant setting. Service was well-intentioned albeit a bit slow. LOVED the array of sides especially -- if you eat "tapas-style" try this and grab all of the veggies!Special Features:
- LbrickleDined on 7/21/2014This place had great food an atmosphere with a fun drink list and tantalizing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am going backcurmudgeonDined on 7/14/2014The food good was very good. I ordered then chicken BLT and it was perfect.The service very good. The server was charming and helpful. This was my second time and I intend to go back.Special Features:
- AmazingLPBQqVIPDined on 7/6/2014Everything about this dining experience was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMJillDined on 7/1/2014The food is super...so many choices you really want to have and the staff is unfailingly attentive without being hovering. Really super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restroom HikeSusiqueVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had to wait a while for our food, but the hostess kept us appraised on the timing. It was delicious and the little sorbet cones offered at the end were a surprise treat. The only issue was the long set of stairs & the many hidden doors to find the restroom. There is an elevator which opened into a special event space, but there was a raucous party going on, which stopped me from using it! Whatever happened to convenience?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesPrincess7VIPDined on 6/19/2014Crosby is one of our favorite places to dine in the city. Great for brunch, lunch and dinner. Love the atmosphere and love the eclectic crowd that the hotel draws. Food delicious. Service lovely. Great for a date, with girlfriends, business.....and i bring my 8 year old daughter for afternoon tea and special occasions. I also have a severe allergy to gluten and they are incredibly accommodating. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem & GardenPSPSDined on 6/15/2014Great ambiance adds to the appeal The waiter in the garden was super attentive, which made our outdoor dining experience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch reviewAnnieVIPDined on 5/17/2014Went to Crosby for a Saturday brunch. Bloody mary was ok, nothing special. Had the egg, avo, bacon plate which was amazing. Service was quite bad, the waiter only had two tables (quite empty restaurant), and he had an attitude when we were asking about the menu or just for service. I'd still go back, but wish the service was as top notch as the hotel
- The following 57 reviews are from the The Crosby Bar reviews archive.
- Slightly disappointedcarmenreyVIPDined on 5/1/2014Went with a friend for dinner and was slightly disappointed - portions were very small and for the price, the food did not wow us. Service was fine. I understand hotel food is usually more expensive than a regular restaurant, but I also expected the food to fit the price. Awesome decor and atmosphere - would like to come back and try breakfast or lunch and sit outside on the back patio.Special Features:
- Breakfast in SohoTX2NYDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I had breakfast at the Crosby Bar before embarking upon a day of shopping in Soho. I was originally considering the Mercer Kitchen, but we've been there for lunch on a previous trip and decided to try a new spot. The Crosby Bar did not disappoint. Our made to order egg white omelets were delicious as well as the chicken apple sausage and house-made granola with berries and yogurt. There was a small crowd in the restaurant with a moderate more level. The service was as expected, prompt and courteous. We plan on staying at the hotel on our next trip and look forward to trying their dinner and lunch menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place- small servingsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2014The restaurant is beautifully decorated. Definitely worth a visit, however, it is very expensive and the portions are really small...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful.Princess7VIPDined on 4/2/2014Always consistently wonderful. Plus GF accommodation Makes it easy. A regular and lovely destination for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed.NurikaDined on 3/26/2014I went there with family visiting from abroad, due to the location and pictures I saw online I thought it was a great choice but, I ended up not impressed. The music was off and loud, our waiter was very distracted and slow, the place was half empty so is not like he was overwhelmed with tables and the food was just ok. The decor is beautiful and fun though.i am glad I went so now I know where not to go.Special Features:
- The food was really good.splitVIPDined on 3/4/2014The food was really good. We ordered a smoked eggplant salad to start and it was really good. The trout and the Cesar salad were tasty and light. The place is cozy and has a very nice relaxed but cool vibe. Very good option if you are in the soho/nolita area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!CTRobVIPDined on 2/16/2014Go and check out the brunch at the Crosby Hotel! And while you're at it, check out the awesome lobby of the hotel with great artwork! The brunch was perfect in all respects.Special Features:
- Great space - terrible serviceDinahNDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant is beautifully decorated and the food was good, but the service was terrible. Very very slow to take our order and bring things, our waiter didn't act on our requests (e.g. bringing our 8 year old's dessert with our main course as we needed to get home). We think this would be a good place to come have a drink at the bar, but not a good place to eat a meal.
- It took the kitchen 3 attemptsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/9/2014It took the kitchen 3 attempts to make the following: eggs, tofu, avocado. My dish had 2 poached eggs & a couple of slices of tofu on the side. I asked the server where my avocado was? He said this wasn't the dish I ordered and took the plate back into the kitchen. It took close to 15 minutes to get it back. When it came back all I saw was the exact same dish plus they added a couple of slices of avocado. So, here's the question, why wouldn't they have just left me with my original order and then bring out a couple of slices of avocado? And, still laughing that the kitchen took 3 attempts to get it right. Also, the hostess at the door was a real pill. Total attitude. I laugh at people like that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quirky and RomanticthegypsyDined on 1/30/2014I love the Crosby Bar!! It is eclectic and quirky. The vibe is mellow and hip. Perfect Soho dinner spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014This restaurant is what you want a dining experience to be - great meal, great service, great ambiance, and you can actually hear the people you are dining with. I heartily recommend it to all. It is great for anything from a business lunch to a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast is close to Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/15/2014After staying at The Crosby's sister properties in London for many years, we checked this out over a year ago and have returned each trip to the city - every six weeks or so from Vermont. The English breakfast is perhaps more authentic than that on offer in the UK and we just thoroughly enjoy each visit. Seems to be getting busier so perhaps reservations are in order, but the entire experience rarely fails to delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business CasualDkaplan101Dined on 12/12/2013This is the best place for a breakfast meeting or drink after work meeting. Last little too serious for just fun, but not so serous that it's not relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business BreakfastLocalDinerDined on 12/10/2013The venue was great for a nice business breakfast, good service and ability to easily talk above background noise. Food was good, ordered from menu not buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIvely and fun!FoxyladyDined on 12/6/2013We had to wait a little while for our table but found a good spot at the bar. It is for the young and lively. We found the food to be excellent and prices fair. The brussel sprout side dish was wonderful at $7. Arugula salad very good. Salmon palliard very nice. We had a larger party of five so were spared the very loud bar noise. if you are young or young at heart, this is the spot to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divine alwaysPrincess7VIPDined on 12/3/2013always divine food, atmosphere and service. eclectic crowd. very accommodating to food allergies, subs.Special Features:
- Lovely spotPJMMDined on 11/25/2013We had a lovely dinner at Crosby Bar. The beet salad and steak tartare were excellent. My friend had the pork chop and it was unfortunately dry and not tasty. He does not like to complain, so I mentioned it to the waiter, who apologized very kindly. The manager then came over a bit later and apologized as well and ensured that we were not charged. That is the classy way to handle a food problem, well done! The Mexican Chocolate brule with churros and the funnel cake were excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food and placeJpnyDined on 11/19/2013Food was excellent, innovative menu and great place and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a lovely place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/12/2013This is a lovely place to dine as well as a wonderful hotel. Most accommodating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very disappointing Sunday brunchMousseauVIPDined on 11/10/2013Attractive decor and a good location with friendly service but food a huge disappointment. Brunch: dry tasteless pancakes, eggs Benedict like an egg mc muffin and very expensive flat warm champagne. A real shame as the hotel is beautiful.
- ONE OF MY FAVORITESIbasicVIPDined on 10/27/2013I love their afternoon tea and can only recommend that to everyone! They serve a big lose leaf pot of tea and an etagière with sandwiches, homemade scones, pastries and sweets. Very delicious and great as a surprise, for example birthday! There is also a deluxe champagne version.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, expensive MartinisBillNYCVIPDined on 10/25/2013I liked the Crisby Bar very much-- a beautiful room, very good food. I arrived late and my partner had ordered me my usual martini -- which I was surprised to find priced at $22 The server was very nice but fell behindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inthehoodJofromacrossthewayVIPDined on 10/22/2013Love the cozy atmosphere and good food. The wait staff are friendly, but poorly trained. I have lunched at The Crosby many times since it has opened and the service has never improved, not attentive and so, so slow. I know it has a relaxed hotel atmosphere, but the diners should be the ones to slow down the pace, not the restaurant. I would like to have more lunch meetings there, but can't always have 21/2 hour lunches.Special Features:
- Would like to live there1DiscriminatingDinerDined on 10/6/2013Such a fabulous place that I could move in and enjoy the location, the food, the service, the movies, whatever is offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchcarolalangeDined on 9/29/2013The brunch at Crosby is amazing! The place is gorgeous, modern chic! The service was perfect and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot tucked away in SOHOZgirlVIPDined on 9/23/2013I have been to this bar/restaurant twice now- once for brunch, once for lunch. Both times it was a lovely experience. Tucked off the lobby of the Crosby Hotel, it wraps around a terrace and provides beautiful light and views. The food is delicious and service was excellent. We enjoyed the 'High Breakfast' (as well as the 'High Tea' and both were perfect for sharing. The decor is especially nice with beautiful touches everywhere. A real oasis in a busy neighborhood.Special Features:
- My go-to spot for business lunchesgourmetgirlNYLAVIPDined on 9/19/2013Beautiful space with natural sunlight, outstanding food, excellent service. It is my favorite place to have business lunches and meet for drinks. The food is great. Everything from salmon salads to burgers to pastas. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for dinnerEVdinerDined on 9/12/2013The Crosby Street Bar is in fact a bar not a restaurant. The crowds and noise level makes it impossible to eat. What a horrible place.
- Tea in the Garden1DiscriminatingDinerDined on 9/5/2013A gorgeous, private garden with peace and quiet amid the hustle and bustle of Soho. Portions for tea are extraordinarily generous and delicious. Service is impeccable and not rushed. A delightful way to spend a relaxing afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013Several friends got together in Manhattan to celebrate a friend's birthday and The Crosby Bar was the perfect venue. The menu did not disappoint. From the various seafood dishes to the ribeye and the prosciutto mac and cheese, there was enough diversity to satisfy everyone's palate. The eclectic decor (I.e., a wall of telephones) and attentive staff helped to create a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.