The Cranford Hotel Restaurant & Pub
1 S Union Ave
Cranford, NJ 07016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Cranford Hotel Restaurant & Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cranfordhotel.com/
- Phone: 9082762121
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Cranford Hotel Restaurant & Pub
Built in 1893, The Cranford Hotel is a comfortable casual dining restaurant, offering a wide variety of American cuisine and warm hospitality in a rustic historically preserved building. Whether an intimate dinner, cocktails at the bar or cheering on your favorite sports team, the Hotel truly has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cranford Hotel Restaurant & Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Saturday Grab a Quik BitebunknjoVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food is always dependable. Relaxed atmosphere...service very good. Shared the squash and risotto fritters. Very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday evening dinnerbunknjoVIPDined on 7/27/2014It was good but not as good as the previous Monday. Everyone has an off day.Special Features:
- Monday dinnerbunknjoVIPDined on 7/21/2014The Cranford Hotel has always been a dependable place to go for lunch or a light dinner. My husband loves their burgers. I tried the BLT with fried green tomatoes. I have to say this took the BLT to a whole other level! I cannot wait to go back and get it again. I have been craving it for the last few days! Also, I must say, I had one of the best Cosmo Martini's I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice neighborhood place.adatenightDined on 7/12/2014Had a good dinner with my girlfriend. The server was friendly and answered any questions we had. But it gave me the impression that it would be a better place to have lunch than dinner. Or even a drink and something to eat at a later hour. I will be keeping the place in mind for a future visit.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the The Cranford Hotel Restaurant & Pub reviews archive.
- dining closerobertDined on 6/14/2014The overall space and service was good and they seated us promptly as we had a reservation. the stake sandwiches were dry. choose another selection if dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place To DineBigNewfsDined on 6/13/2014This was a nice to dine at. Friendly staff, food cooked to order and reasonable pricing on the menu. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Expected moreDisappointedDined on 5/11/2014Took the family out for brunch on Mother's Day. For a 12:00 noon meal, the menu was all lunch and dinner selections. The one and only special was dinner choice, although sounding good, was not appealing at that time of day. The service was fine, but the food was not anything to rave about. I ordered salad with salmon and expected grilled salmon. Maybe I missed the description on the menu because it was lox over greens.Special Features:
- First timegurululuDined on 4/20/2014We took my mom here for Easter Brunch at 12 pm. So I'm not sure of the climate on a regular day. It was not crowded at all. The waiter was exceptional. The food came out quickly and everything was fresh. I had a difficult time choosing from the variety of yummy menu choices. There were a lot of comfort foods, which really made it difficult to choose. Mom got the pot pie, which really was delicious. My family was happy with their dishes. I got the Waldorf chicken salad sandwich on super fresh pumpernickel. I thought the flavors were good, but I was turned off by too much mayonnaise. If you like extra creamy, that's great. But I use mayo sparingly. I should have mentioned that to the waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good lunch spotJMACDined on 4/1/2014just went over for a quick lunch because i heard the burgers were good. i wasn't disappointed. we each enjoyed a very tasty burger with fries and a very cold beer. we went at noon and there were plenty of empty tables making it fairly quiet. they appear to have outside seating in warmer weather so it seems to be a great lunch spot to me.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Great anytime. This time was lunch but I have done dinner or bar food and drinks. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MKW2013Dined on 2/14/2014Wonderful service-as always! Food is always of a high standard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go here often we live neartime2dineVIPDined on 12/14/2013We go here often we live near by and have not yet been disappointed its a great last minute go to restaurant for us and a good menu to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dependablenicksmoakDined on 12/7/2013This is a good standby and reliable restaurant. On this particular occasion the service was outstanding. Spent a couple of hours and was not rushed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggie TowerfultonVIPDined on 11/23/2013HI The hotel is a fun place for couples and groups. Has a great vibe. I recommend the Portabello Tower. Just delicious. And of course, the Irish Coffee!!!
- Good craft beer, food just OKCranfordNewbieDined on 10/18/2013The beer selection has greatly improved since the first time I visited in May. They have 5-7 craft beers on draft (though not much local). The decor is drab and hasn't been updated since the 80's. The outdoor seating is nice, but was closed last weekend because the outdoor heaters weren't working. The food pricing is a bit scattered... there's the normal priced appetizers ($6-12) burgers and sandwiches ($9-11) then the main entrees $20+ with very few appealing dishes under $20. The few dishes that I've had have been OK.... the grits were very rich and bacon-y!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service & ? Food Quality!JwsuckowDined on 10/13/2013With Poor Service & Questionable Food Quality at best I cannot recommend the Cranford Hotel from my most recent visit! The server seemed aloof, uninterested had an attitude like she would rather been anywhere else & was just waiting for her shift to end! The food quality was not good. Please note I have been to the Cranford Hotel dozens of times over the years & never had these opinions before. It is a first! However I haven't visited in months so perhaps things have slipped a bit? Just watch out. It may have just been an off night but like I said it had always been a "good" place in the past!
- Food , service, are greattime2dineVIPDined on 10/12/2013Food , service, are great atmosphere is very good as well and prices reasonable.I go there often always a safe place to go for being satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Rivals a SteakhousebailzyDined on 8/30/2013On a Friday night we booked this late for our first visit. Availability was great. Food was unexpectedly awesome. We had fried hot peppers and steaks as the meal highlight, and the NY Strip steak was cooked to our desire. It was delicious and filling. It was not that busy inside, but outside the tables were full. The neighborhood is quiet enough to have an outdoor conversation even though the road is a mere 10 feet from the tables. I'd recommend trying it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placetime2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2013We live in Cranford and can walk to the Cranford Hotel. I love this place. Feels like home. Our waitress had many many outdoor tables that day so service was a little slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.