The Courthouse Grille
41661 Plymouth Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Courthouse Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.courthousegrille.com/default.asp
- Phone: (734) 453-2002
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday - 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: The Courthouse Grille provides a full range of banquet services with 8 private banquet rooms to choose from.
It is the perfect location with convenient parking to hold your baby or bridal shower, birthday or anniversary party, rehearsal dinner, intimate wedding reception, business meeting, or family dinner. Stop by or call us to plan your banquet event today.
A word from The Courthouse Grille
You Be The Judge at The Courthouse Grille. Our guests experience superb service in a warm atmosphere. An updated and expanded menu still features Chef Ernesto's favorite Italian dishes along with new offerings from exciting starters and salads to gourmet burgers, pizza and sandwiches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Courthouse Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (10)romantic (9)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great way to celebrate!DW22Dined on 10/26/2014We re-kindled our relationship with this restaurant after years of not coming here. We loved the place when it was Ernesto's. No reason for not coming, as the food, service, and atmosphere is still great as always. We were celebrating a birthday. It was quiet and the food was wonderful. The hot rolls are to die for. The Cesar salad was awesome, but the house salad looked good too. I had the chicken marsala, very tasty. My daughter had sausage ravioli, the portion was so large she took half of it home and my husband had the Rissotto Cioppino, this would have been better with whole pieces of lobster, but was still good. We brought the peanut butter cake home for later. We will be back.Special Features:
- Greay Date Nightmatt19Dined on 10/25/2014The calamari was really flavorful and my husband's chicken dish was great. I had the "kobe" burger and it was nothing special. Next time, I'd get a main dish. Prices were reasonable even for wine. Only annoying thing was our bill went back and forth three times plus exta visits to the table by the manager to use a travel zoo coupon. Finally got it resolved. Great place for a date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealcindylou2002Dined on 10/25/2014This is the third time we have been to the Courthouse Grille and we haven't had a bad meal yet. The service has been okay, not excellent but no big issues. The food has been outstanding though from their steak tips appetizer to the Shrimp Scampi to the lemon cake, all delicious.Special Features:
- Very nice experience except thatScoobyDined on 10/18/2014we felt rushed at first, only to find out that the wait person who was originally taking care of us left early and someone else would be taking over. Otherwise the food was very good and the atmosphere was really nice. I would recommend this establishment and I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vernlaDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had the perch and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Great choiceBrownsDined on 9/27/2014Very good food with a nice overall feel to the whole restaurant. We had a great meal and enjoyed the pace that the food was brought out. They gave us plenty of time to enjoy each part of the meal and never felt rushed. Nice for a change to have that kind of pace. Large portions and very good overall taste too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClosedmeyouVIPDined on 8/31/2014After making an online reservation and receiving an email confirmation, we were looking forward to trying the Courthouse Grill. Imagine our surprise when we pulled into the completely empty parking lot to find a sign on the door that they were closed on Sunday and Monday! We were very disappointed that they accepted our reservation and confirmed our reservation and did not contact us that they would not be open. Not sure we'll try them again -- can't be trusted.
- Courthouse GrillClaybbqDined on 8/16/2014We ate at the Courthouse Grill, 8-16-2014 I loved the look of the place and thought everything would be great. The menu is ok, nothing exciting, and the food is average. I make better cocunut shrip at home. The service was terribly slow and inadequate. Everyone got their food way before we did. Would not recommend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Beautiful restaurant with very good service. Needs a new menu and chef. The taste of oregano is overwhelming and the quality of the food is very poor. The scallops were full of sand for the 3rd time. Had them several years ago and they were large, delicious and clean. Enjoyed a Thanksgiving dinner a few yrs ago and everyone's food was excellent. Food hasn't been that good since. Chicken parm isn't tender and alfredo is tasteless & top with some type of green spice - maybe for flavor but it was awful. Very sorry to say that the food is definitely not worth the price. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Could Have Been BetterRobertRDined on 7/27/2014This was a Sunday evening and there appeared to be a lack of help. Our waiter was missing much of the time, and when one of our party went to look for him, she found the hostess sitting and reading a book. Usually in well run restaurants, everyone pitches in to help where needed. The food was very good except for the Chicken Parmesan which was very dry. I would recommend it, but with caution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was disappointingluv2dineoutDined on 7/26/2014Everything was perfect until we got our main dish. My steak had a strange grill flavor. My friends meal also tasted odd.
- The following 40 reviews are from the The Courthouse Grille reviews archive.
- Not what I thoughtTLAPUMDined on 6/21/2014Inside is still very dated and has a faint musky odor. Food was ok but over priced. We found it a bit salty.
- Love this place!livetodineDined on 6/14/2014The atmosphere is lovely and relaxing and the food delicious, yet reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly and helpful with your selections. Debra Jimmerson, who sings in the lounge, has a lovely voice and her musical selections complement the atmosphere perfectly. I highly recommend The Courthouse Grille!Special Features:
- WalnettoDined on 6/4/2014Courthouse Grill is a nice place for a nice lunch (or dinner). Not the hustle bustle of so many other restaurants. Able to talk to people at your table without having to shout. Not rushed either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memoriesfoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great food, good drinks, super service and awesome music in the bar. A great way to spend an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- A decent mealRazzberryDined on 5/22/2014When I called the restaurant to tell them we would be 15-20 min. late I was told they didn't have a res for me at all so I am surprised to get this indicating that somehow I was checked in. Strange. As for the food, it was just fine, but nothing to write home about. I had a flat iron steak that was to be as rare as the chef would do it....it was essentially just a hair shy of well done. I didn't taste anyone else's food, but nothing looked anything but ok. Cannolis for dessert were something I could get from the freezer section at a grocery store. We did have a service dog with us and everyone was more than accommodating with him for which I am happy.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Had a wonderful time with family. Fodd and service very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice atmosphere,NickatNiteDined on 3/22/2014Good food, nice atmosphere, the singer performing was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday - Anniversary CelebrationBdayboyDined on 3/22/2014We had a very enjoyable evening. A couple of suggestions - tables too close to one another. One of our salads, was gritty. All other food was delicious and service also very good. The peanut butter desert was wonderful. Free for the Birthday person, a very nice gift. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising GoodDisappointedDined on 3/21/2014First time at Courthouse Grill. We had our choice of the dining room or bar. Dining room atmosphere is blah, but the bar is another story. Great looking old time bar in a very warm atmosphere. There was a singer that night that was perfect background music & did not interfere with the conversation. Food was good with large portions. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchVoyageurVIPDined on 3/21/2014Had the special, an Italian chicken dish, which was very good. The service was excellent and it was a good place for a business lunch. Would recommend it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was a bit slow whichcarolDined on 3/17/2014service was a bit slow which is unusual; food was wonderful as usual and the ability and ease at doing separate checks for the 8 of us was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice quiet dinner for twomoored220Dined on 3/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed a quiet dinner next to the fireplace. The service staff was excellent. Our waiter was very helpful answering questionsand suggesting various dishes. The drinks , our dinner, and dessert were very good. I would recommend this restaurant and would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dinnerjohnwhorfinDined on 2/14/2014The dining experience was very good, but short of excellent in that our entrees were only so-so. Lots of garlic in the shrimp scampi pasta, and the kitchen unable or unwilling to substitute capellini for the linguini the dish was served over. My risotto was good, not great. The appetizer and salads were excellent, and the dessert offering were all tempting and ours was tasty and just right for two to share. The front of the house was extremely accommodating, as I had a flat tire on the way to the restaurant and they notified me when AAA showed up to make the situation less stressful. Service was excellent, no complaints whatsoever. Will go back and try the chicken or veal next meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food At Reasonable PriceskroliDined on 2/14/2014Visited this restaurant for a Valentine's Day dinner. Despite being busy, the tables were spaced well so that one did not have the impression of being crowded. Food was good and served at the proper temperature. Service was responsive and not obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceTouringtomDined on 12/31/2013Our New Year's dinner was excellent. Great food served with attention to detail without hovering was terrific. We recommend Courthouse Grille to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor staff and worse managementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013The service was horrible. She took our order and immediately dropped a stale salad. Then the same time the soup and yet still no wine. She forgot it. We were barley into our wine and finishing my soup when she showed up with the main course. It had been barley 30 minutes since we arrived at the table. I told her we were in no rush, this was New Years eve and we were dining not looking just to eat fast food. The management told us it would cost to much money for them not to serve us now. we had them pack it up and we took it to our hotel. I should have cancelled the meals. My wife was embarrassed by the way they did this in a loud voice in front of other patrons. We ate the food at the hotel and it was not very good on top of that.
- Cold asparagusOut2dinnerDined on 12/31/2013We were celebrating a special birthday. Server was very efficient but at one point seemed to have too many tables going. My husband and I both ordered the same meal however mine was nt garnished with Parmesan cheese or parsley . Not a big deal but if would have thought someone would have noticed something as simple as that. My asparagus was not warm either. All in all I thought it was a very good experience and will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine!MotownmitchDined on 11/8/2013Every time we have eaten here our food has been excellent! We always have the prime rib and scallops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceBeverlyDined on 11/3/2013Salad was good but not cold. Lobster Mac & Cheese was bland and had a weird taste. Spumoni was good. No bread or rolls were served with lunch.Special Features:
- lovely spotgrtdaneDined on 10/28/2013Warm and welcoming from greeting on entry through departure. Decent wine list including a Michigan wine selection which was delicious. Service was attentive but not pushy. Would make it a regular stop if I lived in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the big Michigan winJudyDinerVIPDined on 10/19/2013We were looking for a restaurant after the Michigan Wolverine game on our way back to Canton and found this on Open Table. We were off to a slow start when the host told us we could sit anywhere, so we pick a table, wait 10 minutes before we ask for a wait person. The host apologized and told us we would be getting a free dessert. The food was fabulous. Two of us had the prime rib, it melted in their mouths. Two of us had pasta, both were very flavorful and piping hot. They gave us two free desserts, both of which were wonderful. Great find and would go back given the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Over Many VisitskroliDined on 10/11/2013Food is tasty and always served hot. I visit this restaurant regularly and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a relaxing and enjoyableluvopentableVIPDined on 10/4/2013always a relaxing and enjoyable time in this restaurant. Food is well prepared. Service was professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great ItalianfrequentdinerDined on 9/20/2013Good but not great Italian food in a nice enviornment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentFuzzbubbaVIPDined on 9/11/2013Every time I've eaten there, lunch or dinner, the food and service has been excellent. The menu has a wide variety of choices from fish&chips to pecan crusted walleye, Veal Marsala to various pasta dishes, chicken dishes, salads and steak.Special Features:
- nice evening outluvopentableVIPDined on 8/23/2013the server was competent and pleasant and the food was amazing. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar is away from dining. GoodGARYVIPDined on 8/16/2013Bar is away from dining. Good bar and quiet dining room. Very nice place away from the Downtown Plymouth scene. Lots of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice place..dvdptr1VIPDined on 7/24/2013I don't want this to come out negative, because my experience at The Courthouse Grille was by no means disappointing.. It was good food in a nice atmosphere. It wasn't Great food in an amazing atmosphere. But the food we had was very good. House-made rolls that were taste (by not even CLOSE to gluten free!). I had a shrimp and lobster risotto which was very good. Full of veggies and well cooked. As for atmosphere.. it's an older building, which is kind of quaint in its own right So, as I said.. it was good. Not spectacular, but still enjoyable.
- Always goodLauracVIPDined on 6/15/2013We've been here several times and always enjoyed lunch or dinner. This time we had prime rib and it was great! Cooked perfectly. We always find a good wine to enjoy as well. Not crowded - people are missing out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.