The County Cork Wine Pub
1716 Liberty Rd
Eldersburg, MD 21784Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The County Cork Wine Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecorkpub.com/
- Phone: 4109708110x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Trageser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater on and off the premise. We can prepare any menu you like or we can design a menu together. We have been to private homes as well as held special occasions at the restaurant. From holiday parties, to birthdays, to anniversaries, we would love to be a part of your special occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: The only times we can offer private dining facilities is on Mondays when we are closed. We have opened on Mondays for several private parties. We also will close to the public for special parties. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Arlene Stecher 4109708110x
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment every Friday and Saturday evenings. It is often one or two musicians playing acoustic guitars and usually classic rock is played. We start the music around 8:30-9:00 so as to not disturb the majority of diners. If we are still busy with a dinner crowd, I may start the music a little later and they will play til midnight or after.
A word from The County Cork Wine Pub
Welcome to The County Cork Wine Pub. The "Cork" as we are known is a classy, but casual restaurant. We have a unique menu using the freshest ingredients available. We offer an extensive wine list, as well as a selection of craft beers and a full bar. Happy Hour is best spent at The Cork where appetizers are 50% off and drink specials. The Cork is your neighborhood meeting place, whether you desire a quick bite from our lite fare selection or a night out with friends. Enjoy the evening experiencing our incredible menu and succulent specials at reasonable prices. Our Butcher Block and Cheese Boards are enjoyed by many of our customers with a bottle of wine. We have the best brunch in the "Burg". An extensive a la carte menu featuring benedicts, steak and eggs, omletes anyway, corned beef hash and much more. We also have an all-you-can drink Bloody Mary Bar for $10.00. Come experience the warm atmosphere and exceptional service. You'll come as guests and leave as friends!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The County Cork Wine Pub - Best Restaurants in Eldersburg ›
The County Cork Wine Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)Show More
- Jazz Brunch with TransfusionJazzFanDined on 9/14/2014Transfusion (Jazz Combo) created the perfect ambiance for Sunday Brunch at the Cork - it was nice to enjoy the music while we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSharonVIPDined on 9/13/2014The location is odd (in a strip mall and next door to Radio Shack), but don't let that fool you. Incredibly talented chefs and kitchen staff, attentive and knowledgeable servers, and food that will satisfy the most finicky palate. Were it not for the noise (this is actually a bar, with a 5-star kitchen), I would have rated the restaurant 5. Perhaps not the best spot for a romantic meal, but definitely the go-to place for flavorful and well-balanced cuisine. Bravo to the chefs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem for foodiesMurphyDined on 9/13/2014Each experience at the Cork Wine Pub is an adventure in fine dining. Although it's appearance is just that of a neighborhood pub in a strip shopping center, the cuisine is that of a fine 'Top Chef' quality restaurant. The combination of flavors in both the speciality drinks and more so in the food is always a very pleasant surprise. The specials of the day are creative and beautiful in their presentation. It has been a hit each time we have gone and is a favorite to share with friends.Special Features:
- Back to School BrunchVALLEDined on 8/25/2014It was Very good Food and I really enjoyed it---VERY Busy!!Special Features:
- my New favorite restaurant in CC.ramblinroseDined on 8/20/2014I was intrigued by the Carroll county restaurant week description of the food so I convinced my girlfriends to try it with me. The menu made me want to travel to this new restaurant. It was so worth it. I even brought my husband to the restaurant in Saturday. He loved it as well.Great food that is not run of the mill. The wine flights were a great way to try new wines. The service both nights was by 2 different very professional and knowledgable waiters. Bring your family and friends. So good you won't be able you get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Place to Celebrate!KDMDDined on 8/19/2014We were celebrating a birthday, and as always, our meals were wonderful, the service was great and the overall experience was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not as great as hopedjul877Dined on 8/2/2014I really like the Cork. But our last visit was not quite up to standards. The hostess did not have our reservation when we arrived, then quizzed us on when we made the OpenTable reservation and as much as implied it was our fault for booking so late in the day. It's not. If you're not going to keep the system updated during the day, don't allow day-of reservations. After a wait, we got a table all the way in the back and received not-quite-right service: our server forgot my daughter's salad with the appetizers, we got a skunked bottle of wine (which they did replace), and our water glasses were allowed to go empty, until I pointed out we needed refills. I wish we'd gone elsewhere for this night. Get back to your standards, please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafeteria FoodCafeteriaDined on 8/2/2014I had read many great reviews on open table and decided to give this restaurant a try as I typically have good luck with listening to the reviews. The food was no better than college cafeteria food in the 80's (I hear it is much better now). I could not finish my meal (shrimp and grits) (the server was nice enough to remove it from the bill), my four year old said his cheeseburger was disgusting (which I verified myself) and my husband's fish and chips were burnt. The service was decent but I will not go back after having three bad meals in one sitting. I feel like the other ratings on this website were from friends and family of the owner as there is no way that they could be valid!
- Good experience!ChatanddinnerDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed ourselves and the food was very tasty. We would recommend to friends and family. The food was tasty and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately a neighborhood gem!NanaDined on 6/14/2014We celebrated Father's day and my son's birthday...we had excellent service and the food was outstanding as it always is!Special Features:
- Great Food, disappointing servicelunchladiesDined on 6/12/2014It's obviously a popular restaurant and was pretty crowded, but the service left a lot to be desired. My friends scolded me for brushing off the table after each course assuring me the staff would take care of it, they never did.......they just set food down on whatever mess was left from the previous course. The food was wonderful but I expected much better care from the staff. The children who were allowed to run around the restaurant made it feel like Chucky Cheese, but not sure if that's on the restaurant or just poor parenting........It was expensive so I had hoped for a better experience.
- Thanks!TeresaDined on 6/3/2014Thanks for a great experience my first time dining there! Love the 1/2 price bottle of wines on Tuesdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative an deliciousSuburbanFoodieDined on 5/31/2014I love this restaurant. It is such a great find in Eldersburg, Md. The menu items change seasonally and are very creative takes on standard items and dishes. The chef really knows how to combine unique and surprising ingredients to make delicious entrees. You can get higher end items like lamb chops or something simple like a burger and they all taste delicious. Don't let the strip mall location fool you, this is a very high quality restaurant that deserves much praise. The live music on weekends is also a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 125 reviews are from the The County Cork Wine Pub reviews archive.
- LuvWine93Dined on 5/25/2014This is my second time going for brunch, and both times it was excellent! Dinners have been excellent also. Good food, good atmosphere, and the owner is super nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent mealDinerDined on 5/24/2014Four of us had appetizers, entrees and desserts as well as drinks/wine. Everything was good. While it looks like a bar, the food quality is that of a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Experience Every TimeBobRDined on 5/17/2014This is our firth or six experience at the Cork. The food is always good. This most recent visit was especially great. My wife got the shrimp and grits as was bowled over by them. I got a sausage, shrimp and tomato over pasta special that was fantastic. The waitress whom we have had before is very attentive and knows her stuff. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- spicy tenderloinLuluDined on 5/11/2014My family and I came here for mother's day. There were two kids meal options- pasta and a hamburger. They aren't listed on the menu. I got the summer salad and it was delicious. Three of my family members got the tenderloin and commented that it was almost too spicy (pepper-y) to eat. We got the brie and crab dip which was really good and the tuna as an appetizer. My brother got crab cakes which he said were also spicy but he didn't mind it. Overall pretty good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteWhereWeGoDined on 5/10/2014A great little spot hidden away in Eldersburg. The food is always top notch and the wine selection is stellar. Every visit I am tempted by my favorite, Lamb French Dip, but most everything we've had has been worth the $$. It is a small restaurant and popular so I would recommend an OpenTable reservation and, because it is small, it is a little noisy and close so not the best spot for a romantic dinner but still worth checking out, especially if you are a foodie!Special Features:
- Always an Enjoyable Experiencecg21784Dined on 5/10/2014We have been to the Wine Cork Pub several times and each time we are reaffirmed that this is a great local restaurant. The menu has a nice variety of traditional meals with unique twists that are interesting and inviting. The service has been exceptional every time and using Open Table to make reservations makes it all so easy to walk in and being enjoying a quiet meal with my wife or a great gathering with friends and family. I highly recommend Wine Cork Pub and thank them for being creative with their menu selections that change with the seasons and although I may miss a favorite item, there’s always new ones that raise the bar all the higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunch!JodslpDined on 4/27/2014The pecan cream cheese stuffed french toast with fruit topping is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining for 6babsdiningDined on 4/12/2014Our group found the drinks to be above average-nice variety. Service was quite good. The rosemary fries were very good. The Spanish mussels were good-the sauce extremely tasty. Crab cakes could be better. Vegetable dish was bland. Ambience was nice, clean, felt welcoming. Prices were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeRoccoDined on 3/29/2014We frequent the County Cork Wine Pub and its just always perfect for us and our friends. Food is outstanding and the service is second to none; since its opening, the staff has pretty much remained intact, which allows you to build a "relationship" with them and its also a great testimony to quality of the restaurant and the owners/managers. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Local SpotKBacDined on 3/29/2014This restaurant is really great and I dare say better than it's counterpart, Baldwin Station. The food is far more consistently delicious. My friends were raving about the whiskey beer (??) on tap, and I loved the Reisling I had. It's not the cheapest place, but it's worth the money. Highly recommend the fish and chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprising Good MealTonyaDined on 3/28/2014Located in a strip of retail business next to a Radio Shack and Nail Salon, Country Cork Wine Pub impressed me with a delicious meal. My husband and I started out with a half dozen oysters and the Rosemary Fries. For my main entree, i had the Bronzini with a potato and calamari hash. The fish was cooked perfectly and the hash with the sauce that accompanied it was very tasty. My husband had the crab cakes with mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus. Those mashed sweet potatoes were some of the best I have ever had. Don't know what the chef whipped those potatoes with but whatever it was, Delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Great food but not quietECdinerDined on 3/8/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. We were seated at a high-top table near the bar. The hostess was very accommodating when we requested chairs with backs instead of the usual stools. We tried to order a bottle of wine from the "specials" menu, but the waiter returned to say that wine was no longer available! Not a real good start, but the food more than made up for it. Our entrees were great! I had the stuffed bronzino, which was cooked perfectly with crispy skin, and my friend had the veal short ribs, which she thoroughly enjoyed. Our waiter was very attentive. My only real complaint is the noise level. The live music is very loud in such a small space, and the band setup near the front door is not ideal.Special Features:
- The cork is back on trackJeanneDined on 2/22/2014The last time I was at the cork, service was slow, the food needed assistance, and just an overall poor experience. But, we wanted to go out and most of the recent reviews were raving about their experience, so we decided to give it another go. I am glad we did. Service was good (not great), but the food was good this time around.Special Features:
- Great small town wine barCorkedInEldersburgDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant has a great menu and a very well priced wine list. I highly recommend it for foodies and winos alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DateFassfamDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife here for a Valentine's date. They had a special 4-course menu. The food was very good. Not a really large place so kind of tight if you're sitting at tables near the bar, but overall we enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable mealDawnieBDined on 1/19/2014We are never disappointed at The County Cork. The food is always delicious and the service is excellent. We are so glad to have this establishment nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful experience.tasteoutDined on 1/18/2014What a wonderful experience. Loved the pick 3 wine tasting option. Warm cauliflower salad was amazing. I came home and booked another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rare FindTobyDined on 1/15/2014We were not even aware of this new restaurant until our daughter gave us a "date night" gift card for Christmas. We used the card 2 weeks later. The location of being in a small strip mall in Eldersburg in Carroll County threw us for a moment but we still went and boy were we glad we did! Not only was the service superb but the menu was a huge hit. My husband got the prime rib and is still raving about it. I got the crab cakes and while they are not the traditional Maryland crab cakes it would be a shame to dismiss them. They were delicious! They have more than wine to offer with reasonable "specials" to taste. Overall a great date night and we will definitely go again. Next time we will treat our daughter and her date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner with friendsTraceyDined on 1/11/2014We went for a dinner with friends and had a fabulous time. The appetizers were the perfect size. We ordered the prime rib and veal short ribs and we all enjoyed them, especially the au jus that came with the prime rib. Our waiter was very helpful in assisting with selections from the menu. He was also attentive enough to not be overbearing throughout the meal. This was our first time here at this restaurant and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Suprised recomendationtessDined on 1/10/2014It was suggested by a friend who I was treating to dinner, and it was the Right place to go. I was very surprised how good it was. It was a busy night but the service was good and the food was even better. NO problem recommending it and retuning for another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night out with the girlshealthnutDined on 1/8/2014I meet friends there for dinner a few times a year. The monthly wine specials for happy hour are good. The food is usually good except for this last time. I ordered the rice paella since I am trying to limit my meat. It was very oily with small bits of vegetables and rice--not what I was expecting for paella. I ate about a third of the dish, which was in a small cast iron serving pan. Thank goodness I filled up on an appetizer. I still recommend this restaurant--one bad food experience will not deter me from returning. The service is good, the food is usually very good and the wines are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times and Good foodfoodisfun13Dined on 1/3/2014Great wine. Great cheeseboard. Live music on Friday nights. love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/28/2013My wife and I were at the County Cork Wine Pub for the very first time. We were drawn there by Stan Whitaker, who was performing that evening. The website made the place look nice, but it exceeded our expecations with it's excellent food and service. The place was PACKED! But since we already had a reservation, that really didn't impact us. It was easy to see that expansion may be good for County Cork. Our best wishes for continued success!Special Features:
- Okay DinnerCarroll4FoodiesDined on 12/19/2013The mussel appetizer was good but not as large as in previous visits. Forgot to ask about the Bronzino preparation and would not have gotten it as it turned out to be an arch shaped fried piece of fish in a tomato sauce base. Calamari was not tender. Bolognese was too chunky as a true bolognese sauce should have a smoother meat sauce. The tried and true crab cakes were very good. And wine and chocolate dessert were excellent. Waiter was there when we needed him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice change of pace in EldersburgEBurgDinersDined on 12/6/2013When we get a night out without the kids, we like to hit these little restaurants like The Cork. We are very glad to have a place like this in Eldersburg because it provides a nice change from the other places in town. The service has always been good and the menu provides a different selection and style from the other places. The food is always prepared well and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch in Eldersburgkrisvh98Dined on 11/17/2013My girlfriends and I went to The County Cork for their Sunday brunch, and we will definitely be there again! It was a great little place near where we all live, and it was nice not having to drive into Baltimore for a nice brunch. The food was excellent and the mimosa bar even better! We definitely plan on going there again, and recommend it to anyone looking for a small, cozy brunch place.Special Features:
- Good local placeRiggoDined on 11/16/2013First time dining at The Cork even though we live in the area. Good drinks and the food was good (but not great). Service was uneven -- started great and then our server paid more attention to friends that were having drinks at the high tables and we waited for dessert and our bill. For Eldersburg, it is as good as it gets although I think I still like the food at Beck's in Sykesville better overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.