The Cottage Wellesley
190 Linden Street
Wellesley, MA 02482Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Cottage Wellesley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cottagewellesley.com/
- Phone: (781) 239-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Ssaturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm, Sunday 9:00am - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex DeCarli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available on request
- Private Party Facilities: Bright, cozy room for all your function needs!
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Cantwell 781-239-1100x
A word from The Cottage Wellesley
The Cottage Wellesley has it’s origin in two different lifestyles. John grew up surfing the beaches of Southern California. Laura grew up in Wellesley and is the third generation in her family to have a business in town. Our decor, service and food reflect the casualness and familiarity of So Calif and the sophistication and warmth of New England. Please take a moment to say hello on your next visit. Welcome to the Cottage! — John + LauraContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Cottage Wellesley - Best Restaurants in Wellesley ›
The Cottage Wellesley reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)great for lunch (64)good for groups (59)fit for foodies (51)great for brunch (47)kid-friendly (43)special occasion (23)hot spot (21)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (13)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- going to the cottage restaurant was greatFoodieDined on 11/22/2014i picked out the Cottage restaurant from the internet and was pleasantly surprised. We drove from NH to dine in your establishment. We loved the California style dining. I used the open table seating on the web page but arrived early. It was only a few minuets before we were seated at a quiet table. I ordered the Shrimp and Lump crab salad and my husband ordered a half sandwich and salad. The food was fresh and the service was excellent. I would dine in the restaurant again and will differently recommend our friends to visit the Cottage Wellesley Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, good service, very louddwajdaDined on 11/21/2014Cottage is situated right in the heart of Wellesley on Linden Street. You definitely need reservations for peak dinner hour, but it's worth it to squeeze through the tightly packed elite in the bar area. Food is quite tasty with several in our party opting for the prime burger of all things. But being our 3rd time at Cottage, several in our group have had the braised short ribs, steak tips, roasted chicken, pasta and all were very good. The truffled tater tots are so good that everyone in our party opted for those as a side dish! Wine list is good and they feature some seasonal brews. Not the cheapest in Wellesley so bring your wallet, but definitely worth it for special occasions or meeting friends you're trying to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time. Disappointing. Won't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2014The eggplant fries were OK, but the Ceasar salad was very disappointing - wilted romaine lettuce that was chopped hours ago; overly salted dressing. The lobster fettuccini was drenched in an overly garlic sauce. Not much lobster, mostly claw.
- a good nightappetizerVIPDined on 11/14/2014Cottage has been a bit inconsistent as of late, but the food and service were spot on during our last visit. Many of the wait staff know what we order before even asking. Brick chicken was delicious once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant but priceySteve1Dined on 11/10/2014Clean crisp environment but very noisy, even with only 30 percent of tables filled at late lunch. Food good, service attentive, expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKevinHDined on 11/7/2014My girlfriend and I recently moved to Natick and were excited to finally check out The Cottage. We were not disappointed! She got the grilled half chicken and I got the lobster alfredo, and the restaurant proved that they could do both a reasonably healthy dish (the chicken) and comfort food (the alredo) equally well. We were in and out and got great service from Angelina. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Super salmonJaybirdVIPDined on 11/1/2014Had beautiful piece of salmon on new menu. Everything was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborOneNeighborOneDined on 10/31/2014The food was delicious and the menu had a nice choice of reasonably priced tempting offerings not usually seen. I will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:
- appetizerVIPDined on 10/31/2014Cottage is our local haunt and we last visited on Halloween. Food has been a bit inconsistent as of late, but everything was spot on during our last visit.Special Features:
- Never disappointedKpriscellaVIPDined on 10/30/2014The Cottage food is consistently good. I had the steak tips this time with asparagus - delicious and just the right amount of food. My friend had the lobster pasta and liked her dinner too. You can never go wrong here. The only small complaint is that our server wasn't very attentive (restaurant wasn't too busy). Everyone can have an off night. Highly recommend The Cottatage.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal, reasonable priceMetroWesternerVIPDined on 10/30/2014Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. I enjoyed the meal -- it wasn't just a piece of fish with some veggies around it. To be honest, my focus was catching up with a friend, so the meal was secondary...but we both enjoyed our meals and thought the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- FEELS RIGHT AT HOMEYumyumtreeDined on 10/26/2014EACH PERSON ON STAFF IS KINDER AND MORE ATTENTIVE THAN THE NEXT. ITS A PLEASURE TO DINE HERE. ONE OF THE FISH PRICES WAS $27 , A BIT HIGH I WOULD SAY !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday BrunchSlmEatsVIPDined on 10/26/2014The Cottage is a popular brunch spot with good reason: the light bright decor makes for a lovely meal, the food is creative and well-prepared, but not pretentious, the service is spot-on (there when you need them, not when you don't). Haven't eaten dinner there yet, but, if it's as good as the brunch, I need to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Menu choices for all diets, vegetarians, meat lovers, foodies - everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Prompt & polite waitstaff, kid-friendly (albeit with a pricy kids' meal option) and a very fun menu for grown-ups, too. Whenever we have guests - with or without kids - The Cottage is on our short list of places to take them for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner SpotDanksDined on 10/25/2014Great dinner spot with an excellent outdoor eating area. Excellent kids menu even for the picky eatersSpecial Features:
- Go ffor the AmbiancePHATASHVIPDined on 10/25/2014A fun place for lunch very energetic. However, slow sevice and average food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JusticeGeriDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food. Our party of three enjoyed the ambiance and service was excellent. Slightly noisy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homey food in an upbeat settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The Cottage diners are welcomed into a spacious room with double-height walls, super-size windows, and crisp white shelving. Everything on the brunch menu looked delicious and making a choice was tough. I opted for the oat pancakes, my daughter had the French toast. Both were exactly as we imagined -- light and fluffy pancakes topped with blueberries. Her French toast was a generous serving, crispy on the outside, lightly custardy on the inside, topped with strawberries. Our waiter was charming and attentive, and service was prompt but unhurried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLetsdolunchDined on 10/18/2014Cute place with good service The food was not worth the money My husband and I both got very different dishes and they were both diner quality Not what I would expect given the prices More of a greasy spoon with upscale prices!!!!
- Another Great MealdockateVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were in Wellesley for College weekend and our daughter specifically requested dinner at The Cottage, one of her favorite places. We shared the Eggplant Fries and Warm Goat Cheese salad as appetizers; both dishes were delicious. My husband and daughter had the Lobster Fettuccine and declared the dish a hit. I had the Chicken Milanese; the lemon tarragon sauce was luscious. The service was super, as always.We will definitely return during our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014food was excellent. nice informal decor, but very noisySpecial Features:
- Good Neighborhood SpotDelishdishVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Cottage is attractive, friendly and comfortable. Prices are very reasonable and the servers are lovely. The food is only okay, but sometimes you just want to go somewhere easy. When dining, stick to simple dishes - salads, burgers, etc, and you won't be disappointed. Fancier dishes are just not the forte here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceluvtoeat317Dined on 10/17/2014I am from out of town. This restaurant was recommended to me. Great overall dining experience. Seated us right after our arrival (we had reservations). Restaurant has a nice ambiance. Food was excellent. Salmon dish was wonderful. I asked them to cook it slightly rare, which they did perfectly. My daughter had the fish tacos and loved them too. (She is a fish taco aficionado). Service was very good also. I will definitely eat here again when I am in Wellesley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again...md7716VIPDined on 10/15/2014Another great night at The Cottage. Happy they are back up and running. We missed our favorite date night stop. Everything was great.
- On My Go-To ListDonwashereDined on 10/15/2014A terrific family evening! Good food from the wonderfully varied menu, with excellent service...attentive, but not intrusive. I'll be back, that's for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I had the quiche and it was too well done. It was okay but nothing special and too well done. The crust was tough. I have been to the Cottage several times so it does not deter me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItsallgoodDined on 10/13/2014Awesome menu choices for lunch without going to a pub atmosphere or a sandwich place.Special Features:
- Nothing more than fine1234Dined on 10/12/2014Food was average. Service a bit slow and sporadic. Alcohol drink good.Special Features:
- Poor serviceGfp1Dined on 10/9/2014There were three of us who ordered at the same time.,ten minutes later a person brought over two of the lunches but not mine...he then says"did you order something" after a few minutes our server comes over and says to us" they shouldn't have brought out your orders "and walks away. Ten minutes later my food is delivered.Special Features:
- Awesome food and eatery any nightFoodieforthoughtDined on 10/8/2014The service was very attentive, food came out very fast. The goat cheese appetizer was delicious and an interesting combination. The brick chicken was simple but incredible! Desserts were very good too. Ambiance was cute and quaint while still feeling trendy. Great service, great food, and all around great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previouslyEuropeanDined on 10/2/2014Service was very good, although I requested the lamb burger to be cooked medium, but received well done. Burger itself looked like half of size I enjoyed previous time. My wife was not impressed with her sashimi style tuna with salad. As she said, it was, well, tasteless. The last surprise was the price for the 750ml bottle of mineral water- $9!! I had much better experience in this restaurant before. Plan to visit again in hope that this was just a bad glitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagFoodFanDined on 9/28/2014I loved the energy in the place and the ambiance. While the waitstaff were very friendly, we received our main course while we were still eating our appetizer. Appetizers were excellent. Entrees, including salmon and duck, were good but I would have expected better given the price of the meal.
- Great service. Read food details.DesiringDeliciousDined on 9/28/2014This place was recommended to me and was open on Sunday afternoon whereas most restaurants did not open until 4 on Sunday. Weather was gorgeous. We had reservations and were seated outside as requested; no wait. My fish tacos were rather tasteless, & overpriced at $15, but if I had liked them, the price would not matter. I tasted the French toast my friend ordered, and It Was good- And they had real maple syrup, also something not always offered. The other person with me ordered fish & chips. He did not like the cole slaw with apple slices in it, and said the fish was only fair. We split an apple strudel for dessert. It was hot, liked it. I would probably try breakfast there, but not lunch again.Special Features:
- The cottageDinebooDined on 9/26/2014Everything was excellent! I loved their aloha Chicken tenders for appetizers, it was really good! The service was great, the drinks were ok the bartender should put a little more alcohol on it and less ice. Besides that all was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere Better than the FoodMashpeeDined on 9/26/2014I love the vibe and setting of The Cottage. It's just a great fun place.....however I've yet to have a great meal there. It's fun, beautiful, lively, but the food always lacks something. My husband had the cod and he actually really liked that.....moist, prepared well.....he was pleased. The lobster sandwich was rather dry. The bread was too overpowering for the delicate lobster pieces. I had the crab cakes which I am fairly certain were not cooked thoroughly....they were really mushy inside and not crispy. We shared the Caesar avocado salad which was very disappointing because there was no taste of avocado at all. . Would we go back? Absolutely!!! It's really fun. But we probably will eat beforehand or we'll order the cod :-)Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I have eaten at The Cottage 4 or 5 times. Sometimes they knock it out of the park, but other times it's just ok.
- RushedWellesleyDadDined on 9/22/2014Dishes were presented and removed in minutes. After entrees were removed, the check was plopped down. Despite calling ahead about a birthday in our party of four, coffee and dessert was never offered. Food was good, but we left with a bad taste.Special Features:
- Always reliablemaryvmVIPDined on 9/21/2014We come here frequently and are never disappointed- except when we forget to make a reservation- it tends to be busy.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!iluvf00dDined on 9/21/2014I loved The Cottage. It was decorated beautifully, the food was incredible, and the atmosphere was really fun. The service was speedy. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.