The Cottage Wellesley
190 Linden Street
Wellesley, MA 02482Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Cottage Wellesley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cottagewellesley.com/
- Phone: 7812391100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Ssaturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm, Sunday 9:00am - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex DeCarli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Seating for up to 28
- Private Party Contact: Tom Rielly x
A word from The Cottage Wellesley
The Cottage Wellesley has it’s origin in two different lifestyles. John grew up surfing the beaches of Southern California. Laura grew up in Wellesley and is the third generation in her family to have a business in town. Our decor, service and food reflect the casualness and familiarity of So Calif and the sophistication and warmth of New England. Please take a moment to say hello on your next visit. Welcome to the Cottage! — John + LauraContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Cottage Wellesley - Best Restaurants in Wellesley ›
The Cottage Wellesley reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)great for lunch (61)good for groups (46)great for brunch (43)fit for foodies (41)kid-friendly (39)special occasion (26)great for outdoor dining (20)romantic (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Homey food in an upbeat settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The Cottage diners are welcomed into a spacious room with double-height walls, super-size windows, and crisp white shelving. Everything on the brunch menu looked delicious and making a choice was tough. I opted for the oat pancakes, my daughter had the French toast. Both were exactly as we imagined -- light and fluffy pancakes topped with blueberries. Her French toast was a generous serving, crispy on the outside, lightly custardy on the inside, topped with strawberries. Our waiter was charming and attentive, and service was prompt but unhurried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealdockateVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were in Wellesley for College weekend and our daughter specifically requested dinner at The Cottage, one of her favorite places. We shared the Eggplant Fries and Warm Goat Cheese salad as appetizers; both dishes were delicious. My husband and daughter had the Lobster Fettuccine and declared the dish a hit. I had the Chicken Milanese; the lemon tarragon sauce was luscious. The service was super, as always.We will definitely return during our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014food was excellent. nice informal decor, but very noisySpecial Features:
- Good Neighborhood SpotDelishdishVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Cottage is attractive, friendly and comfortable. Prices are very reasonable and the servers are lovely. The food is only okay, but sometimes you just want to go somewhere easy. When dining, stick to simple dishes - salads, burgers, etc, and you won't be disappointed. Fancier dishes are just not the forte here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceluvtoeat317Dined on 10/17/2014I am from out of town. This restaurant was recommended to me. Great overall dining experience. Seated us right after our arrival (we had reservations). Restaurant has a nice ambiance. Food was excellent. Salmon dish was wonderful. I asked them to cook it slightly rare, which they did perfectly. My daughter had the fish tacos and loved them too. (She is a fish taco aficionado). Service was very good also. I will definitely eat here again when I am in Wellesley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again...md7716VIPDined on 10/15/2014Another great night at The Cottage. Happy they are back up and running. We missed our favorite date night stop. Everything was great.
- On My Go-To ListDonwashereDined on 10/15/2014A terrific family evening! Good food from the wonderfully varied menu, with excellent service...attentive, but not intrusive. I'll be back, that's for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I had the quiche and it was too well done. It was okay but nothing special and too well done. The crust was tough. I have been to the Cottage several times so it does not deter me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItsallgoodDined on 10/13/2014Awesome menu choices for lunch without going to a pub atmosphere or a sandwich place.Special Features:
- Nothing more than fine1234Dined on 10/12/2014Food was average. Service a bit slow and sporadic. Alcohol drink good.Special Features:
- Poor serviceGfp1Dined on 10/9/2014There were three of us who ordered at the same time.,ten minutes later a person brought over two of the lunches but not mine...he then says"did you order something" after a few minutes our server comes over and says to us" they shouldn't have brought out your orders "and walks away. Ten minutes later my food is delivered.Special Features:
- Awesome food and eatery any nightFoodieforthoughtDined on 10/8/2014The service was very attentive, food came out very fast. The goat cheese appetizer was delicious and an interesting combination. The brick chicken was simple but incredible! Desserts were very good too. Ambiance was cute and quaint while still feeling trendy. Great service, great food, and all around great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previouslyEuropeanDined on 10/2/2014Service was very good, although I requested the lamb burger to be cooked medium, but received well done. Burger itself looked like half of size I enjoyed previous time. My wife was not impressed with her sashimi style tuna with salad. As she said, it was, well, tasteless. The last surprise was the price for the 750ml bottle of mineral water- $9!! I had much better experience in this restaurant before. Plan to visit again in hope that this was just a bad glitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagFoodFanDined on 9/28/2014I loved the energy in the place and the ambiance. While the waitstaff were very friendly, we received our main course while we were still eating our appetizer. Appetizers were excellent. Entrees, including salmon and duck, were good but I would have expected better given the price of the meal.
- Great service. Read food details.DesiringDeliciousDined on 9/28/2014This place was recommended to me and was open on Sunday afternoon whereas most restaurants did not open until 4 on Sunday. Weather was gorgeous. We had reservations and were seated outside as requested; no wait. My fish tacos were rather tasteless, & overpriced at $15, but if I had liked them, the price would not matter. I tasted the French toast my friend ordered, and It Was good- And they had real maple syrup, also something not always offered. The other person with me ordered fish & chips. He did not like the cole slaw with apple slices in it, and said the fish was only fair. We split an apple strudel for dessert. It was hot, liked it. I would probably try breakfast there, but not lunch again.Special Features:
- The cottageDinebooDined on 9/26/2014Everything was excellent! I loved their aloha Chicken tenders for appetizers, it was really good! The service was great, the drinks were ok the bartender should put a little more alcohol on it and less ice. Besides that all was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere Better than the FoodMashpeeDined on 9/26/2014I love the vibe and setting of The Cottage. It's just a great fun place.....however I've yet to have a great meal there. It's fun, beautiful, lively, but the food always lacks something. My husband had the cod and he actually really liked that.....moist, prepared well.....he was pleased. The lobster sandwich was rather dry. The bread was too overpowering for the delicate lobster pieces. I had the crab cakes which I am fairly certain were not cooked thoroughly....they were really mushy inside and not crispy. We shared the Caesar avocado salad which was very disappointing because there was no taste of avocado at all. . Would we go back? Absolutely!!! It's really fun. But we probably will eat beforehand or we'll order the cod :-)Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I have eaten at The Cottage 4 or 5 times. Sometimes they knock it out of the park, but other times it's just ok.
- RushedWellesleyDadDined on 9/22/2014Dishes were presented and removed in minutes. After entrees were removed, the check was plopped down. Despite calling ahead about a birthday in our party of four, coffee and dessert was never offered. Food was good, but we left with a bad taste.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!iluvf00dDined on 9/21/2014I loved The Cottage. It was decorated beautifully, the food was incredible, and the atmosphere was really fun. The service was speedy. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelMaggieDined on 9/19/2014Noise level is somewhat loud. If you sit in another room which is much quieter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gem !fancythis72VIPDined on 9/14/2014It's great The Cottage is open again after being closed for 3 weeks because someone drove into their front glass window. This is a comfortable easy place to go for a good dinner in a nice spot. The wait staff is always friendly and they do a nice job of watching over the table to get you anything you may need. My tenderloin was fork tender and cooked just right. The goat cheese and onion mashed potatoes were terrific. We love the crab cake appetizer. It is filled with real crab and is not cut up too fine. It has a great texture. Great place to relax !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware lobster cobb salad on SundayJTB1VIPDined on 9/14/2014This was a Sunday, so maybe the lobster Cobb salad should not have been a selection, but I wanted something light for dinner. Unfortunately the lobster was somewhat mussy...like it had been stored in ice water. And in the process, lost some of its taste. Wish The Cottage would add more than burgers on its dinner sandwich menu
- Consistently good foodThanksgiving2013VIPDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I "found" The Cottage a few years ago and were glad that we did. Quality food with a California twist. Our lunch Saturday was no exception. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSherieDined on 8/18/2014The food was amazing but our server didnt really know the menu and could not offer suggestions on food or wine.Special Features:
- Great food, tactless waiterLizzieDined on 8/17/2014I loved the restaurant. It was absolutely gorgeous. My eggs benedict was great. But, I was disappointed in two things. First, in Wellesley you cannot even get a mimosa/bloody Mary before noon. It would have been helpful if the restaurant menu online said this. I would have pushed back our reservation because, in my opinion, it isn't brunch without a mimosa! The second issue had to do with the waitstaff. When I signed up online to get the Cottage email newsletter, I got this great gift of a coupon for 20% off. I was really excited. However, since we were hosting another couple, I was surprised when the waiter loudly announced to everyone in the party..."oh, and I took your 20% off because you used the coupon!". Not cool!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, Average FoodSusieQDined on 8/16/2014We were really looking forward to a special meal with great ambiance. The ambiance was great with nice tables and heated outdoor seating. However, the food was bland and lacked imagination in its preparation. The salmon in particular was flavorless and tiny in portion (roughly 2oz!) Had a nice time with friends but wished I didn't use up my daily caloric intake on that food.Special Features:
- DisappointedZazeDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the ambience at The Cottage, and the bar area looked fun, but the food was very mediocre. The calamari was soggy, the quality of the ahi and duck was sub-par. The presentation was nice but the food wasn't worth it. We may go back for a drink, but we won't eat here again.
- Great food but small mishap!JLWCVIPDined on 8/16/2014Traveling to natick and found this great spot. The food was amazing. We told the hostess we had a reservation and please check us in on open table. They did not! And now open table says we did not honor our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammyDined on 8/15/2014Good place to meet up with friends. Nice wine list and good food choices. Only suggestion would be: less sauce on the dishes. Can be too rich and heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great but Service Only FairContentedDined on 8/13/2014Our party of six was very pleased with the food, especially the eggplant fries. The only drawback was that the service was spotty and slow. There didn't seem to be a reason for the service issues since it was a Wednesday night so the place was not overly packed. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good meal, but very noisyflowerladyDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed our scallop dinners, which were artfully presented. The portions were just right -- we were satisfied, but did not take home leftovers. The scallops were tender, the chanterelle mushrooms were awesome, the potatoes, spring peas, and baby carrots were also very good. Unfortunately, the noise level reduced our level of enjoyment, making another visit unlikely.Special Features:
- Good food but noisyEllenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and service on the patio. I do not go to The Cottage unless I can get outdoor seating as the dining room is extremely noisy. The patio is relaxing and quiet enough for conversation. Wish the owner would find a solution to the noise problem and we would return often.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingGerdaDined on 8/9/2014We had higher hopes of this restaurant -- the menu looked like it would have excellent fresh fare. Instead we received large portions of mid-range execution. The bartenders hustled. The woman bartender was fabulous at customer service, speed, and pour. The salads were terrific. My chicken piccata was chicken lumps with artichoke heats bathed in olive oil. No delicate lemon sauce. Few capers. No attention to the thinness or the quality of the meat. My partner's steak frites featured tough beef hacked in chunks sided by standard rough cut fries. Little seasoning or finesse. Desert was unimaginative and poorly done. Mostly sugar and fat. Waitress' timing bad. Many diners lacked basic table manners. Overall, not a gastronomic success.
- JuniorDined on 8/7/2014the food was very good, I enjoyed the meal, the waiter was nice and friendly but not on his game at least that night. Two or three times we asked for bread and never received it at all, (even the table next to us offered to share their bread) he also forgot our drinks and we had to remind him twice. The receptionist was exceptional, we were meeting from different places and the traffic was awful, telephone and told them and waiting for arrival we were nearly 45 minlate and they were wonderful, seating us immediately. I would certainly return for dinner and or lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner!FoodieWannaBeDined on 8/5/2014The food was flavorful! The waitress was knowledgeable and very pleasant! An excellent venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The cottage is always good. Service is wonderful, drinks are amazing and the food is consistently good. I always know i am getting a good meal here.Special Features:
- Food was very good but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Came to The Cottage to celebrate a friends birthday. The food was very good. Eggplant fries, Steak Frites, Mahi Tacos, Nachos, and Glazed Salmon. Everyone in the party was satisfied with their meals. The Nachos and Eggplant fries were hits. The only downside was the service was very slow for a Wednesday night. Arrived and ordered drinks at 6:30. Decided to skip the dessert and check arrived at 9pm.Special Features:
- Great BrunchMedfieldResidentDined on 7/27/2014Delicious heart of palms salad with shrimp and lump crab--perfect for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eatseatwell2dayDined on 7/26/2014We have dined at The Cottage frequently and have found the menu interesting, the food very good, prices are not too high and we especially like that we can make a reservation, which is not possible at many good restaurants. The wait staff is generally outstanding. My only complain is at times the front desk/reception is not very attentive to the waiting guests. At one point we had a reservation and were told there would be a short wait. Not only did we wait a long time, they completely forgot about us until we asked again about being seated and we ended up waiting about an hour while walk-ins were seated ahead of us. That was rather irritating. All in all we enjoy dining there as it is a local spot with good food and close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.