The Coterie Room
2137 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Coterie Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecoterieroom.com/
- Phone: 2069568000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm- midnight
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian McCracken & Dana Tough
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Coterie Room is available for private daytime and evening events for groups of up to 70 people for a seated event and 125 for a cocktail party. Contact Anne Magoon for information and reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Anne Magoon 8779207149
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday-Saturday Nights
A word from The Coterie Room
The restaurant concept brought to you by Brian McCracken and Dana Tough, the creative minds behind Spur Gastropub and Tavern Law.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Coterie Room reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sunday FundayChampsallDAYVIPDined on 9/22/2013We had a GREAT Sunday Brunch experience. The food was amazing a combination of savory or sweet whatever your taste buds want to explore. I had the Smoked Dungeoness Crab and my guest enjoyed the chicken and waffles. Everything was tasty and the sauces superb. We had an amazing server she was knowledgeable invited us to come back to check out Hearts of Thugs performance that evening a real treat in Capitol Hill. It made our trip memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and differentDocHawkDined on 9/20/2013I have been to The Coterie Room three times and each time was it quite good. I especially recommend anything with duck confit in it, and the beet salad with candied pistachios. It isn't inexpensive, and you will have no problem finishing your plate, but hey... if you want a bucket of slop that only costs a few Lincolns, go to Applebee's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and Creatively DeliciousAmbienceSeekerDined on 8/31/2013You know that perfect lighting and atmosphere you desire for a date, a quiet dinner with friends, or an upscale business dinner without feeling too stuffy, this is the place. The chef is a genius. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. High ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, dim lighting, candles, and a touch of elegance create a dining experience to remember. The food was to be savored. We had a party of 3. None of us had dined here before and could not say enough good things about this restaurant. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the food was excellentEnnaDined on 8/17/2013Although the food was excellent the service was lacking and had an overall unfriendly appeal. The architectural ambience was very pleasant and could have been very romantic with sophistication and posh had the poor choice in "hip" music not ruined it. It was not the kind of elegant background music that you would have expected in such a place. Our service was not spectacular either; unwelcoming and unorganized. That being said, I'm glad it tried it out but I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Best Comfort Food in the CityGarlicVIPDined on 8/9/2013The fried chicken is amazing, trout and other entrees were best wonderful as well. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of oddDeliciousDined on 7/23/2013We ate at The Coterie Room on a Tuesday evening at 7:30 and we were the only party in the place. We left at 9:30 and we were still the only ones! We started with a cheese plate and a salami plate with a bottle of wine then ordered entrees of Steak Tartare, mussels, and the Sockeye salmon special and another bottle of wine, though the wine took so long to get there that we were well into our entrees before it came. The food was tasty and well-presented. Though we like a nice quiet meal, the solitary nature of the meal was a little odd. As far as a recommendation to a friend, I'd do so cautiously with the above explanation. I hope business picks up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Unique preparationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2013Excellent food. Unique preparations. The cracklings are a must. When full the restaurant is very loud but food makes up it.Special Features:
- Overpromised but underdeliveredJBusinessDined on 7/7/2013The room, while quite attractive, was 90% empty, but we were still without food after an hour. One of our entrees was wrong, and an appetizer only showed up after asking again for it once all the entrees showed up. The staff were all very nice, but just didn't do enough to justify $20-$30+ plates. Once the food arrived, it was just okay. The ham cracklins (pork rinds) were tasty, but we weren't in love with anything else. Nothing was completely bad, but at this price point expectations are somewhat higher. Maybe it was just an off day, but I likely won't be back to find out.
- Love this restaurant but...anniebDined on 7/6/2013We've been here before and loved it, so maybe this was an off-night for the waitstaff. The food was excellent, from the cheese course we shared to the fresh, flavorful fish entrees (trout, salmon) to the indulgent desserts. The service was inexcusably bad for a restaurant of this caliber. The restaurant was virtually empty (on a Saturday night in summer - who would have guessed?) so we know she wasn't busy. Unfortunately this was the restaurant we took our out of town guests to show off Seattle's foodie scene. Oops. Next time (and there will be a next time because the food is that good) we'll come alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at this restaurantdatenightloverDined on 6/25/2013We have dined at this restaurant twice and thoroughly enjoyed the food both times! It's definitely on the gourmet side, but without the pretentious feel. The ambience is really nice with the large windows facing the street & it's gorgeous décor. Our only complaint is that both times we found the service slow. Our food took longer to arrive than would be typical and our waiter was a bit too busy to be of great service. However, this won't stop us from returning and we're hopeful they'll get enough of this kind of feedback to improve their service.Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2013Been 3 times and every time is perfection. The poutine is to good to be true. Great service and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seattle FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013We love this restaurant for its food and versatility. It can be great for a small get together, but intimate enough for a special night. The staff is always amazing and the environment is very fun and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious breakfastLavenderTrinVIPDined on 6/23/2013We had the pork loin with a marvelous potato cake , unlike any others we have ever had before. The food was delicious for brunch, so we will have to try it here for a dinner sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2013Maybe the server was new, but she had very little grasp of the menu. No personality and disappeared for extended periods of time. The good thing is that the chef kept his eye on table and took very good care of us. Food was great....last time food was terrible and service was great. Worth another try to see if they have corrected the inconsistency.Special Features:
- tasty, pricy, minimum servicefishccyVIPDined on 6/21/2013Food was tasty, but pricy given the small portions. Waitstaff had minimum interaction with us. We were handed the check without being asked whether we wanted dessert (I was considering dessert before we got the check!).Special Features:
- Brunch by Day, Bar by NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013The first time I visited was for dinner for my birthday. It was a fun dinner with wonderful food and perfect cocktails. The 2nd visit was for brunch with dad for Fathers Day. The place took on a whole different vibe, with families and groups of friends gathered to enjoy the wonderful food and bottomless mimosas. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding servicesuziDined on 6/16/2013Our family came here for Father's Day brunch, my daughter had asked if they had hot cocoa as it was not on the menu; there was not, so our waiter had gone next door to a store to buys some for her to heat up.....this was above and beyond. and very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour prices. FoodFoodieDined on 6/14/2013Great Happy Hour prices. Food was very good and $8 valet parking was s bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, fresh menu andmattymattDined on 6/14/2013Interesting, fresh menu and fun hip atmosphere. Room gets a little loud with background noise for my taste for conversation. Overall, fun and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They treat their staff byOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013They treat their staff by putting an option on the menu to buy drinks for the cooks. So cool.Special Features:
- DisappointedTommyVIPDined on 6/8/2013The place was empty, yet the service was dead slow. We have had many food experiences here, but man was it mediocre Saturday night. I hope it's not a trend.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and great vibe!ChrisDined on 6/7/2013The food was amazing and the bar tender made some great drinks from scratch. I highly recommend this for a special occasion or if you're looking to spice up your evening a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Splurge EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013Everything was outstanding and we felt very welcomed. We felt the extraordinary special treatment that seemed to be executed with easy. We've eaten at some pretty amazing places such as Bazaar in Beverly Hills, No. 9 Park in Boston, Robuchon in Vegas to name a few. This place was right at the same level. Perfectly execute and very affordable comparing to other places we've been. Thank you Coterie Room for the great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner reviewhappydinerVIPDined on 5/31/2013Although the service was very good and very attentive, my chicken and dumplings was a disappointment. The chicken was cooked nicely and was delicious but the dumplings were completely raw. My husbands pasta entree looked more like a stater or smaller shared plate portion. The wine was good and apparently they prefer to make their money from serving it; as it was 50% of the bill. The food seemed like an after thought and from the looks of the room that evening, there were few guests there to dine.
- Interesting BrunchDaveinKirklandVIPDined on 5/26/2013Have been here a few times for brunch and this last time was the first "ok" meal we had. We had the Dungness Crab breakfast which just a potato pancake with a 2 oz of crab on it for $186. No eggs. Nothing else with it. We also ordered the waffle with fried chicken for $18. The waffle good but the fried chicken was greasy dark meat - and just 3 very tiny boneless "fingers." I know the menu changes so be careful what you order - we walked out hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service issues still.SeattlefoodheavenVIPDined on 5/23/2013Service was slow and disjointed. Both the bartender and the receptionist were doing double duty as wait staff even though there were only a few tables with customers. Prices are too high for this type of service. The overall experience suffers because of it.Special Features:
- yum!fancypantsandcandyDined on 5/18/2013The food was excellent! I could eat the smoked dungeness crab with hollandaise any day of the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average "Fancy"ConstableDined on 5/4/2013This is not a terrible restaurant. The style of cuisine is very refined but the quality of the dishes falls short. The classic combination of asparagus with Hollandaise would be fine, except that the sauce was not Hollandaise, or was a failed Hollandaise. Duck confit had a good texture but was over-salted (when this occurs I wonder if the Chef is a smoker). The "chicken with dumplings" was okay but also over-salted. And the dumplings would be better described as "cheese balls." They seemed to be made mostly of Riccotta. They weren't bad.But they weren't delicious. The decor was a bit stark and the acoustics too live to allow for conversation when the place got busy. Great cuisine is never easy.
- Overpriced, and Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/2/2013Came here with my husband and another couple on our first night in Seattle. For the prices being charged, we expected far better food and service. Both, however, were sadly lacking. Our waitress brought us mismatched glasses for our prosecco, never returned to refill our glasses, and left the empty bottle on the table long after it was finished. Plus we waited at least 10 minutes after ordering the bottle before it was served. Then the waitress brought the wrong bottle of white wine, and didn't seem at all fussed when it was pointed out to her. The worst part of the meal was that my $32 smoked dungeness crab entree tasted like a bland tater tot.
- Tasty Food & Pleasant AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2013We started at the bar - waiting for friends - and the bartender was exceptionally nice, patient, and attentive. Then we moved to our table, and our leisurely dinner pace may have thrown the server off a bit, because she wasn't fully attentive. But, the food - options and flavors - made up for it. It was Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a beautiful place! IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013What a beautiful place! I had an early weekend brunch and the food and staff were fantastic. Try the Belgian waffle with rhubarb compote - delilcious. I'll definetely be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a fabulous meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Enjoyed a fabulous meal at The Coterie Room. Highly recommend the duck confit!Special Features:
- Great good. Great service.DigitiDined on 4/20/2013Great good. Great service. What more could you want!Special Features:
- Servers were friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2013Servers were friendly and responsive but slow. Food was salty. Not a home run.
- Food = Amazing, Service = OKMegaVIPDined on 4/17/2013We attended during Restaurant Week and arrived rather early for our reservation, at 5:45pm. We had a couple of beverages and ordered only from the Restaurant Week menu. The food was amazing, and the service was attentive but slow with the food. We waited quite awhile between courses, especially the last course. We joked that perhaps they had not yet made the desserts and were rushing to freeze the ice cream. The restaurant was empty when we arrived, and completely full by the time we left. We noticed others who had arrived after us, and ordered from the same menu, were leaving at the same time as us. I would definitely go here again for the food but not if I'm in a rush.Special Features:
- We have been many times toBelltownResident2021VIPDined on 4/16/2013We have been many times to Coterie, and will continue to do so. Love the food!Special Features:
- I went with a couple of friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2013I went with a couple of friends for restaurant week. The quality of the food was good and the preparation was as well - my only real complaint is that both my salad and my entrée were way too salty - and I love salt. The dessert was awesome.Special Features:
- Very French: petite, yet satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Very French: petite, yet satisfying. I enjoyed the Seattle Restaurant Week three course selections.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant week soYummyDined on 4/7/2013Went for restaurant week so this is only based on six dishes. My dishes were great. It was a pork cheek dish. My partner had a dish that was just so so. It was a veg. ravioli dish pretty bland, but OK. That's why the rating isn't excellent. The servers were very nice--could be dressed a little better. We plan to go back.Special Features:
- Went for Easter brunch withdes315Dined on 3/31/2013Went for Easter brunch with my family ranging from 12 to 83. There was something for everyone on the menu, and all with a creative twist. The entire staff was attentive and kind. My brother remarked upon leaving "good service really makes a difference, doesn't it?" Lovely all in all.Special Features: