The Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar
Hillsdale, NJ 07642Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecornerstonenj.com/
- Phone: 2016668688
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sari Sabla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The catering department is proud to offer a menu that is sure to entice even the most discerning of taste buds! We use only the freshest ingredients in all of our recipes and with over 3 decades of culinary experience between our management staff - we are sure to please. From the moment you begin to plan your event until the last cup of coffee is served, you will know that you are in the most capable hands. We genuinely listen to your concerns and desires and rest assured, if your request involves food, it can be done here at The Cornerstone!
- Private Party Facilities: The Cornerstone offers a private dining room for special occasions. Perfect for Cocktail Parties, Networking Events, Corporate Meetings, Showers, Birthdays & Anniversaries.
- Private Party Contact: George Manosous 2016668688
- Entertainment: John Monnecka, one man band, Friday Happy Hour 4pm-7pm DJ's every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights
- Special Events: We host any type of special events, from anniversaries & showers to cocktail parties & corporate events. Contact a catering manager for details.
A word from The Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar
The Cornerstone, located in the heart of Hillsdale, New Jersey, welcomes you to the best in casual family dining. Established in 2006, The Cornerstone aims to provide its guests with the very best in food quality and service. The Cornerstone offers a wonderful environment for your dining pleasure. Our ambience includes multiple fireplaces, gorgeous balcony settings, authentically hand painted murals, exposed brick, and grand cathedral ceilings. Our horseshoe bar spans across two rooms, while our lower bar promotes a more intimate and relaxing setting. In its short time, The Cornerstone has not only been a rendezvous point for its local and surrounding communities, but has been the mecca for delectable dining in the Bergen county area. Whether you’re looking to stop in with friends for a late night cocktail, or gather up the family for a fun filled evening, we’re confident The Cornerstone is your place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- MellyDined on 9/7/2014Went for brunch last Sunday 9/7/2014. Wasn't the best idea first official football sunday. It was very loud the brunch was far from where we were sitting since we went at 130 there wasn't much options for food left. It took atleast 15 minutes for the server to come over. Once we did he was very apologetic but at that point we were pretty annoyed. I had been here before and the food was pretty good, probably better off ordering from the menu and avoid the buffet on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Log wait for foodLovestoeatDined on 9/6/2014The waitress came over quickly to take our drink orders, but it took her a while to bring the drinks back. At that point we ordered,and I ordered soup with my entree. It took 20 minutes to get my soup, and that was after asking about it. It was a tasteless cup of lobster crab bisque. It then took at least another 20 minutes to have our entrees delivered, which means that those at my table who did not order an appetizer waited over 40 minutes to get food. We were never offered bread. The mashed potatoes were ice cold, and my daughters filet mingon sandwhich had very little meat on it. The food was not the quality we expected. We had been planning on having dessert, but because the service was soooo slow we declined dessert.Special Features:
- Good food, good people watchingMandymcpaddlesDined on 8/28/2014The food is more than one would expect from a bar. It's also a great place to sit and people watch. My one complaint was that about half way through dinner someone started fiddling with the lights. They were dimming and brightening for about 10 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and reasonable pricesQuietlightDined on 8/26/2014My friend and I had the lamb shank which was delicious. Also the desserts such as the pecan pie and brownies were served warm and with whipped cream. Definitely comfort food. I would go back again and have recommended it to friends!Special Features:
- Good variety of foodQuietlightDined on 8/19/2014There was a good variety of food on the menu which made it difficult to choose. I had the salmon which was a bit bland but my friend's lamb shank was delicious. The food portions were generous. The bread was fresh and good. Also the salad with the meal was very nice. I had the pecan pie which my friend had the tiramisu. The pie was nice and warm and the tiramisu tasted homemade. The wait staff came by frequently to see how we were doing.Special Features:
- such a great brunchfoodie1234Dined on 8/17/2014went for a group brunch, great food and drinks and was exactly what we were looking forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch, decent dinner.RarelyGetsOutDined on 7/18/2014I've been here twice, the first time being for Mother's Day brunch. The selection was huge and everything was delicious. I went back for dinner with some friends and it was good, but I wasn't as impressed. The bacon cheeseburger was just ok, there wasn't much meat on the nachos, but the best part of the meal was the toll house cookie pie - delicious! The waitress, while very efficient, stopped by out table a few too many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the The Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Tough to use the 10% off discountBobgataDined on 5/14/2014We're old friends and have met here before. We like the place and the food is good for what we need, but we always have a problem with trying to use the 10% off coupon that's in the local paper. I explained right from the start we planned on 10% off - ordered 5 cokes and 1 beer. Found out that the 1 beer (happy hour price) canceled the offer. We told waiter to charge full price for it. Later someone ordered a cocktail and same happened again. I'm sure these waiters are under pressure to try to not give the 10%, but come on. This was way over the top. We tipped very well, but it got embarrassing to be constantly reminding him we were using the offer. I'll be telling the management.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014the waiter remembered our entire order without writing anything down. service was top notch and food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good for a local restaurantTneckMOMVIPDined on 3/30/2014We met friends there for dinner, and had a nice experience. The waiter was a little hard to understand because of the noise from the TV and bar area downstairs, but it worked out. The burgers my friends had were delicious, but the soup and quesadilla were only OK in my opinion. It's an OK place, nothing to write home about food-wise, and service was a little slow.Special Features:
- The Cornerstone has alwayssleepingdog3Dined on 3/14/2014The Cornerstone has always been a favorite place of ours. It never disappoints. Service and food is great, not too complicated and always reasonable.Special Features:
- Food was good. Waiter wasSuzyDined on 2/16/2014Food was good. Waiter was attentive and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cornerstone on Valentine'sWestwood5Dined on 2/14/2014The service was excellent as usual but the fact that there were no specials (nothing fresh or off the regular menu) for Valentine's was disappointing. While they have a great menu that is somewhat varied and delicious, it is basically pub food. It would have been nice to see a nice roasted chicken or fresh seafood option as a change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchJetta214Dined on 12/31/2013Normally what I would consider a bar scene during the week and weekend......but on Sunday....well that's a different story! If you love to brunch....this is a great spot. First and foremost for me....it is kid-friendly! That means......it aint stuffy! Chocolate chip pancakes........and mimosa's for mom and dad! And better yet....if you live in the area....you can walk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service you can count onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013We love the Cornerstone -- whether for brunch or a casual lunch or dinner. Food is always good and service is even better. One of the best brunches in Bergen County too!Special Features:
- great for a girls night outmarlenaDined on 12/4/2013great appetizers! Attentive staff! perfect for a girls night out without it being a real "bar scene".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little sports barInfraRenDined on 9/9/2013Ample amount of tv's for the "game." Good food that seemed "from scratch." Had fish and chips, the remoulade sauce wasn't my favorite, but overall was good! Attentive waiter.Special Features:
- ReviewPeteDined on 6/30/2013Although the ambiance and decor was very nice, the food wasn't. I attended the Sunday brunch buffet. Many of the food items were cold. The chicken was lacking flavor and tough. The desserts were mediocre at best not being made at the Cornerstone. Perhaps I caught the buffet at a bad moment, who knows? Based on the day I went, I could not recommend this buffet to anyone. I hope some improvements are made because I look forward to a good brunch in my area.
- Philly cheese steak drippingSusanVIPDined on 5/25/2013Philly cheese steak dripping with cheese sauce and the roll it was on was great. My sin had one of the special chicken dishes and enjoyed it . Restaurant has 2 dining rooms. We were in the one that had at least 5 flat screen TVs. Great if you want to catch all the games while you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fun, restaurant. LivelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Great, fun, restaurant. Lively crowd and great comfort food, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Called ahead of time, askingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Called ahead of time, asking if I could bring a bottle in and the afternoon hostess said Yes. Got there, asking a second hostess if I could have an ice bucket and she obliged by asking a nearby waitress to get one. Then five minutes later, our waiter rushes to our table (and without greeting us first) decides to inform us that the bottle is prohibited from the establishment and removes the ice bucket from our side. He then came back fifteen minutes later to 1) take our drink order and 2) "apologize". Thank you for making my Valentine's Day dinner one I will never forget, for all the wrong reasons. Poor management of staff. Poor table etiquette. Will not be returning.
- The food and drinks were outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012The food and drinks were outstanding. Our server was attentive and very helpful. The only complaint that I have ( and I use that word for lack of another) is that the tables were very small and difficult for 4 people to eat at comfortably. We were eventually moved to the back to a larger table when another person arrived, so we were all able to be comfortable. I highly reccomend The Cornerstone and I will be back.Special Features:
- Good food and drink in anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Good food and drink in an energenic atmosphere! Great for large groups. The service is very good and the staff is very helpful with getting you what you need.Special Features:
- My overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2012My overall experience was good. We went for brunch and the best part of the brunch is the buffet and the inclusion of all-you-can-drink. The problem was that the food isn't that tasty...lots of options but as a serious foodie that gets excited by delicious food, I wasn't impressed. I did drink very well - great mimosas, champagne and bellinis.Special Features:
- We were there for a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012We were there for a Sunday brunch and could hardly hold a conversation because the TV both in the bar and the lower floor were soooo loud. And the guys watching the football game were loud and rude.Special Features:
- Really good experience. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012Really good experience. I took my gf here for our aniversary and the food was good. Great deal on wings. Service was good, he even dated my left overs for me. Prices are ok and menu has a lot of great choices. Fast and easy reservations were made by open table.Special Features:
- Food is great , service isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/15/2012Food is great , service is great, good size portions!Special Features:
- Food was absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Food was absolutely amazing i often frequent this place for the night life. But will definitely start coming for the food. The service is amazing and the staff is well trained and energetic.Special Features:
- The food is good and the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food is good and the atmosphere is nice with poster pictures of blues singers: Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie and instruments hung on the wall - bango, clarinet, etc.Special Features:
- We had a group of 10 friendsSueVDined on 1/28/2012We had a group of 10 friends and all had a wonderful time and everyone's food was great. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We will definately be going back there.Special Features:
- Went with a group for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2011Went with a group for dinner on a Friday night. Great place. Food is good atmosphere is energetic. Night life after 10 is awesome as well.Special Features:
- My daughter and I ate at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/15/2011My daughter and I ate at the Cornerstone and then we found the food so good we went back a week later with some of her friends and then took my whole family there for my Dad's 84th birthday.Special Features:
- while this is basically aOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/30/2011while this is basically a bar, one would not expect great foods; however, the open-faced roast beef sandwich was the saddest plate of glob ever seen. Deli type roast beef under jar-type gravy over wonder bread... you get the picture...
- Fun place. Good for groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2011Fun place. Good for groups. Great energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- I think that this would haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2011I think that this would have been a much better experience if we hadn't been seated next to a children's birthday party. There were about 20 kids there & there was really no supervision. The kids were running around & sticking their fingers in the chocolate fountains everyone shared for brunch. It was unappetizing to say the least. Most of the other food was good, with the exception of the scrambled eggs. They looked like egg salad, they weren't very good.Special Features:
- Appetizers were very, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2011Appetizers were very, very good and plentiful. The dinners were reasonably priced and also very good. Very pleased with the service, food and price. Would certainly return.Special Features:
- We had a great meal, servedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2011We had a great meal, served by a wonderful server -- He kept on top of things and was extremely friendly. All in all it was a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Had a great St. Patrick'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2011Had a great St. Patrick's Day Meal; will try and make it a family tradition...Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere- a must!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2011Had a great meal with very attentive and personable server! Looking forward to returning!!Special Features:
- Made an impromptu reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2010Made an impromptu reservation on New Year's Eve-- not expecting much for this local restaurant that has switched owners 3-4 times since we've lived here: the previous evolution was a nightmare. Why??? The space is fantastic: big dining room, upstairs, downstairs, fireplace, 2 bars... -- A little mix-up in seating, but they bought us a round as apology, Great service from managers to hosts to waiters to bar servers to busboys... Pleasant, respectful, efficient. --Perfect Vodka/Tonic (I like them TALL) The overall menu looked great, but we opted for simple and got one of the best burgers we've ever had, cooked perfectly, crispy fries (reg & sweet pot): Cornerstone finally got it right! And with a nice stroll to and fro, we will return!!Special Features: