The Copper Door
2 Sullivan Street
Hayesville, NC 28904Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
The Copper Door
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecopperdoor.com/
- Phone: 8283898460
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm CLOSED SUNDAY
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Dennis Barber
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Copper Door
Fine dining in Historic Hayesville, NC. We feature the finest steaks, fresh seafood and signature dishes to please the discerning palate at prices that won’t break your budget. Come enjoy the intimate atmosphere. Our attentive staff will anticipate your needs and insure that your dining experience is exceptional. We are one block west of the old Clay County Courthouse, next door to Square One Interiors by Design. The Hayesville Square is one of the few remaining old town squares in NC with unique shops and beautiful mountain scenery. We are two hours west of Asheville, two hours north of Atlanta and two hours east of Chattanooga. We look forward to your visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Copper Door - Best Restaurants in Hayesville ›
The Copper Door reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (92)neighborhood gem (80)notable wine list (76)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (21)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best in WNCJcooperDined on 9/12/2014Great food and great service, without question the best in western North Carolina. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Second visitmkkoDined on 9/11/2014At the servers' recommendation tried the salmon on bed of spinach with caramelized onions and sun dried tomatoes - lightly sauced and hubby had cesar salad entree with blackened salmon. Both perfectly prepared. Love the ambiance with traditional dark paneled walls and large stone fireplace. Facility is impeccably clean and staff is knowledgeable and welcoming. On our first visit had a beef tenderloin filet and it was a quality filet prepared as requested. My new fav place in this neck of the woodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteRinaKDined on 9/10/2014This is our go-to restaurant for any special occasion or when we just want to feel special. The service is excellent and so is the food. Always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The Copper Door - Best in AreaShandyBearDined on 9/10/2014Went for a special birthday dinner. Service was terrific, (Andrew). Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!Foodie8687Dined on 9/9/2014Our server, Kari, was outstanding, the food divine, and the atmosphere cozy. If you are looking for a place with exceptional service and food, The Cooper Door is the place to be.Special Features:
- 20RickRJenkDined on 9/9/2014Excellent meal! Group of 8 with many different meals, ALL fantastic. Had all 7 of the deserts and none disappointed. Great service and just a great evening. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotATLgirlkdDined on 9/6/2014This was an amazing find for a date night in the mountains on our away-from-the-city mini-vacation. They had great food, service, and ambiance!Special Features:
- Delightful surpriseDurness98Dined on 9/6/2014We made reservations at The Copper Door on the recommendation of friends and were so pleasantly surprised to find such a quality restaurant hidden in a small NC town. We would rank this restaurant with any of the quality restaurants in Atlanta with one wonderful difference: it was missing the noise and crowding of tables. We ate much more than we should have because the food was so well-prepared and flavorful. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- 55th birthday dinnerbirthdayDined on 9/6/2014Staying at Brasstown Valley Resort for my husband's 55th birthday. I looked for a nice restaurant for his birthday dinner and decided on The Copper Door. We were not disappointed! The service was excellent and the food was the best!!!!! We were treated like royalty. Everyone greeted is and said Happy Birthday to my husband. A birthday card on the table from the chef. Thanked us for coming and again wished my husband a Happy Birthday when we left. We stay in this area several times a year. We will come back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true dining experience.PunQDined on 9/6/2014We go to Copper Door a couple of times a year on special occasions. The menu has quality choices and the food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want my steak cooked the way I wantabcdefgDined on 8/30/2014Waitress was very personable and attentive. We ordered the 8 oz. filet. We specifically asked to have it cooked so that it was pink (no red). I dine out frequently and know every restaurant has a different idea of what cooked "medium" means so we stated to have it cooked so there would be no red. Steak arrived red. We asked to have it cooked more. It arrived again red. I felt the chef purposely did not cook it anymore. This time we kept the potato and vegetable so my daughter could eat while we sent it back for a 2nd time. 3rd time the steak arrived perfectly cooked .. everyone else had finished eating. The waitress took the cost of that entrée off the bill. In the end we were happy. How else should I order a steak if we want it pink?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysEatHereDined on 8/30/2014Had a great time, a great feast and awesome service by David.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It was out engagement dinner the server wasnt very personable he was shory and to the point as we questioned the menu for dinner. The food was bland and room temperature when broughy yo the table. For what the meal cost it should of been exquisite
- Best restaurant within 100 milesRandyLDined on 8/29/2014It's amazing that such a terrific restaurant would be located in Hayesville. We drive from Blairsville. The Copper Door is the only restaurant in the area that is close to being a 5 star restaurant. It's on par with Ruth's Chris or Shula's. Everything they serve is delicious from the steaks to the bread pudding. We love this place.Special Features:
- A hidden gem!luvthecopperdoorDined on 8/27/2014The Copper Door is one of our favorite restaurants even among Atlanta restaurants. It is tucked away in a small town on the NC/GA border, but it is well worth the drive to find this hidden gem. The ambiance can be romantic for two, but lively enough for a group. We have always had very personal service. The food is over the top gourmet. Dennis the chef provides delicious food with exquisite sauces. The scallops are consistently good as are the crab cakes. The decadence chocolate cake was a fabulous 911 experience. It takes us an hour to drive there from our cabin but it is worth every mile. We just celebrated an anniversary there and would recommend it for those special occasions. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Dining in the MountainsExNYGourmetDined on 8/23/2014Really difficult to find really good dining experiences in SE North Carolina, thought it would be an absolute winner but somewhat disappointed. Ambience is very nice but noise level way too high. My waitress/server was very professional and had good knowledge of the menu. I ordered a side Cesar salad to start, well flavored and decent size for a side salad. My entree was a tenderloin topped with crab meat ordered medium & served with a starch & a vegetable . The tenderloin was served on the rare side and the crabmeat was mixed with too much bread crumbs. The mashed sweet potato was very tasty. The veggie mix was okay. I had a Grey Goose on the rocks and. Was surprised to see a $11.50 price, pricey for the area.Special Features:
- finefindDined on 8/18/2014Everything was outstanding, as always. Would always recommend and go as often as possible. Thanks so much.Special Features:
- Good for that special mealdiningduoDined on 8/16/2014Nice to have such a good restaurant in small town NCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningsrp0939Dined on 8/16/2014Second time I have had dinner here and I was not surprised how outstanding everything was. I drove 120 miles round trip to have dinner there and I will gladly do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERBTrishDined on 8/16/2014I've dined at The Copper Door and it always rises above my expectations. The food is fantastic, the ambience beautiful, and the servers are always helpful and the overall service blows any other establishment away. Chef Dennis's food creations are fabulous, and I would never imagine dining anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resource for HaysvilleMaconCountyfolksDined on 8/16/2014Food was great but then again it always is. The rib eye will melt in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Our never fail spot for entertaining guests, always delightful.Special Features:
- NancyDined on 8/11/2014Best meal I have had in the north Georgia/Western North Carolina area!Special Features:
- Great dinner in WNClove2dineDined on 8/11/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. We have been hearing about the Copper Door for years and finally made the time to go. Great food and nice staff. My favorite dish was the crab cake. High quality crab and not ruined with fillers. Just yummy crab! Also had the mussels. Very good but just wish there were more in the bowl. Wife had the Tusquittee salad and enjoyed it and I had the spinach salad. I know some people enjoy a sweet salad but this one was not very satisfying to my taste buds. The Mushroom soup was fantastic! Delicious mushrooms chopped to different size pieces and just enough wine in the creamy base! Looking forward to returning and trying new dishes.Special Features:
- SallyDined on 8/9/2014The Copper Door is always on our "must do" list when we go to our mountain cabin. The food and wine list are outstanding and the service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsfdinerDined on 8/9/2014Chef Dennis never disappoints. Delicious dinners of Swordfish and Crawfish Tortillinni ( spelled that wrong, I know). Amazing staff all the way to the lovely woman bussing and making up tables around us. Our son is a chef in Lima, Peru and we have done catering and gourmet restaurant work...I know the work it takes to make it seem effortless and beautiful. We happily drive the hour it takes to dine with you. Thank you.Special Features:
- Five Star in Every WayYankeeLovedSouthernJewelDined on 8/9/2014We were visiting friends in Hiawasee, Ga. From NY and they took us to this lovely and scrumptious restaurant. Being from the Big Apple, we have very high standards on restaurants,and The Copper Door lived up to every one! EXCELLENT dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best all around dining experience!awesomeDined on 8/9/2014From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, I was very, very impressed. The waiter (kudos to Andrew) was extremely courteous, and very knowledgeable about the wine list and all items on the menu. Our dining guests kept him busy with many questions, and he patiently and respectfully answered them all. The food was excellent. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, and the scallops were wonderful. We'll be back, soon.Special Features:
- neellijayDined on 8/8/2014Drinks and food were excellent as always. We have been frequent patrons of the restaurant.
- five star dining in North CarolinagoodeatsDined on 8/8/2014The Copperdoor located in Hayesville, NC is fine dining just minutes away from Hiawassee, GA. Romantic setting, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. One of very few restaurants offering a "true" rare steak that melts in your mouth and bananas foster prepared at your table. An excellent venue to impress a special lady or gentleman, celebrate a special occasion or have a excellent dinning experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure betOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014You can always expect great food and service. Chef Dennis adds his personal touch to each dining experience.Special Features:
- Just okCriticDined on 8/4/2014My wife came to the copper door for our anniversary dinner. The spininach salad was excellent. The puff pastry was also great. My wife got the pot roast which came with no presentation and looked like a sloppy mess. She then tried to eat it and it was mostly fat.She did like the green beans. No presentation Chef!!! With my meal I had the scallops with pasta. My presentation was ok but way too much salt. I like salt but chef this was way too much. When my wife saw her meal the first thing we thought of was the chef on the food channel shells kitchen. With the meal she got (a sloppy mees) and my salty scallop meal Copper door chef you have been chopped by me . For the money you should be ashamed.Special Features:
- Always goodJeromesDined on 8/2/2014The Copper Door is always good. The food is the best in the area. The service is great. Have never had a bad experience. If you have not tried the Copper Door you need to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!DhurtakVIPDined on 8/2/2014Though we live in South Florida where great restaurants abound, we are NEVER disappointed by the Copper Door!! It is a real gem...Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencefoodie2Dined on 8/1/2014We came for a double date with friends who enjoy good food as much as we do. We were not disappointed. Everything was so delicious, from the cocktails to the appetizers, the entrees to the desserts. It was a wonderful culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014This is a special event place for us. We live 2.5 hours away, but enjoy the Copper Door so much that we make the drive to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be a favoriteLainimacDined on 7/31/2014Whenever we want a place for a special "date night" or other occasion when visiting our mountain home we choose The Copper Door. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gingerbinkDined on 7/25/2014Copper Door is our very favorite restaurant. We have never been disappointed in a meal there. The wait staff is professional. The food is exceptional and the dining room warm and inviting. Chef Dennis does an outstanding job with his crew in the kitchen. We would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food was great, however the service could have been a little better. Was not as quiet as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWaltDined on 7/23/2014We are Copper Door addicts. The food is spectacular, the service is world class and Chef Dennis never ceases to amaze us.Special Features: