The Copper Beech Inn
46 Main St.
Ivoryton, CT 06442Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Copper Beech Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copperbeechinn.com/
- Phone: 8607670330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gaspar Stantic & Dennis Young
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a variety of rooms that can be combined to seat 100 persons. All our private rooms pay homage to their historical provenance.
- Private Party Contact: Klemens Zachhuber 8607670330
A word from The Copper Beech Inn
Welcome to the country charm of the new Copper Beech Inn. Our dining rooms provide the perfect setting for a relaxed, timeless experience. You may enjoy a cocktail at our Copper Bar before settling in to nourish your senses on award winning cuisine and service. Our inspiration continues to be rooted in classic, French provincial gastronomy with modern interpretations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Copper Beech Inn - Best Restaurants in Essex ›
The Copper Beech Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (38)romantic (36)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (13)scenic view (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FantasticJAP57VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food, service and ambiance were fantastic. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:
- Peaceful environment3friendsDined on 8/20/2014The food was wonderful & expensive. Great place for special event. Wait staff could use more appropriate -- crisp & clean -- attire to compliment the ambiance. We enjoyed the evening and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Another outstanding evening at the Copper Beech Inn. Wonderful specials, great menu, lots of creativity. Can't wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SereneFoodFaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014Quiet serene setting, very high quality food and great selection. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Bottom line? The bottom line. Certainly not fantastic for their fantastic prices. Food's ok, some interesting choices for specials like grilled watermelon or goat cheese-stuffed squash blossoms. Beautiful piece of Chilean sea bass but tomato-based broth too greasy, lobster pieces rubbery. Poor dessert selection. Staff/chef completely forgot special birthday dessert I'd ordered the week before. Decor more cheesy than elegant. The glassed-in porch and outdoor porch are nice enough. Despite requesting & promised a nice table for a particularly special occasion, my 11 year old daughter & I were directed to a table in the bar although plenty of others in dining room I had to point before taken to a table there. Only "fancy" game in town. Eh
- Great Experience!LLMANDined on 8/2/2014B & B is a great stay! We ve been multiple times for anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for brunchMaxkat1224Dined on 8/2/2014My son loved the hot cakes! I enjoyed eggs Benedict. Wonderful place, light and airySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendknittykittyDined on 8/1/2014I had two meals here, both excellent. One dinner was seated in the dining room - there were so many things I was interested in on the menu that it was hard to choose. The wine list was impressive. Everything was delicious and the courses were perfectly timed. The waiter was lovely & attentive. The second meal was eaten alone in the bar area - mussels / chorizo & frites with a glass of wine...it was beyond yummy. Again, the service was tentative. The staff works very well together - nice atmosphere. The produce & seafood was as fresh as could be....stickly toffee pudding was divine and the dessert cheese plate was great too. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimGJimGDined on 7/29/2014We ordered the Boston Bibb salad and pan seared scallops with lobster corn risotto. There were four scallops set on the risotto. I had expected five scallops. The risotto was a little heavier than I expected and the lobster was chewy. The service was very good. The place is quaint but there is no spectacular view of Long Island Sound or a river or lake. The place, overall, was all right, a little overpriced, but I wouldn't make a special trip to go back there again.
- A Perfect Jewellove2dinehereDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant has a unique ambience - gentle, relaxing and charming. The service is gracious and informed and the food is wonderful, delicious and artistically presented. Everything is fresh and seems to have come from local gardens and markets. The furnishings and appointments in the dining rooms and inn are also in perfect keeping with the quality of the food and atmosphere. I cannot recommend the experience and inn highly enough.Special Features:
- Fine spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The Copper Beech Inn has a serious kitchen and very attentive service. Worth the price -- and the drive.Special Features:
- F2TFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Great quality food and very good service. The food is fresh, locally sourced and flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeTantaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Will go back. Food was good but not great. Prices fair. Would love to have veggies cooked more and not hard. Tomato Bisque soup was very good. warm dinner rolls would be better than the 2 slices of cold rustic bread. Felt a bit rushed.Special Features:
- The Perfect Spot for DinnerLoveFoodWineDined on 7/8/2014I was meeting a friend at The Copper Beech for dinner last week, and had a very memorable experience. This was my first time dining at The Copper Beech and I was expecting good food, but the food was not good, it was AMAZING! The staff was very friendly and informative. They made sure we had everything we needed/wanted. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Delightful!RBTVVIPDined on 7/5/2014Having heard good things, we decided to dine at Copper Beach Inn after attending a matinee at the Goodspeed Opera House less than 15 minutes away. Upon arriving, we were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the loveliness of the surroundings -- an impression that was not altered through the entire course of the meal! The menu selection, while not incredibly extensive, was diverse enough to satisfy both my wife and I. The timeliness and quality of preparation was superb, as was the sophisticated but unpretentious presentation. We had a most enjoyable dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014We've been going here on our anniversary for over 20 years. The service-particularly with Henry, who has been there all that time, is always superb especially when he is assigned to our table. This is a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A charming New England InnwkendgourmetVIPDined on 7/3/2014Good food. Lots of space between tables. Starting with a mouth watering charcuterie platter of cured meats and artisinal cheese, a perfectly prepared filet mignon and finishing with a tiramisu that any Italian grandmother would be proud to call her own the ambiance is charming the service is gracious. And whether you dine on the outdoor patio or in one of the dark paneled rooms decorated with period portraits, you will leave feeling well wined and dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Excellent service.LauraDined on 6/24/2014Beautiful facility. We stayed in the bed and breakfast and it was wonderful. The service is excellent. Pete was so professional and accommodating. The food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lbnewarkDined on 6/21/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was good. It was very quiet. If you are looking for a little more action, this is not the place to go.Special Features:
- A Copper Beech RaveFairHaven2Dined on 6/20/2014Both the menu and portions just the right size. The menu – which, we we're told is tweaked monthly – presents a set of tantalizing choices, so you're left on the horns of a completely pleasant dilemma. The food was delicious and the presentation did it justice. All in all, a wonderful evening on the patio!Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014We've been to the Copper Beech Inn many times over the years. This was one of the most enjoyable! Everything was perfect! Very creative menu that didn't disappoint. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Art: Country Inn At Its BestZoneDined on 6/17/2014The perfect place for entertaining out-of-town guests, a night of celebration with your sweetheart, or just a "Let's go out for dinner tonight" choice. Our guest from Vermont was impressed with not only the food and ambience, but the excellent fine art on view within the public rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superp restaurantBDKCDined on 6/14/2014My husband & I have enjoyed The Copper Beech Inn several times in the last year. Every one of these experiences leave us wanting more, so we come back for the food, the quiet and the excellent service.Special Features:
- eboatVIPDined on 6/7/2014We hadn't been here for a number of years and were very pleasantly surprised we definitely will be returning. We ate in the atrium room which was nice and brightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Service and food were awesome. What a perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ambienceGjohnstone98VIPDined on 5/31/2014Had a wonderful dinner and they were very accommodating to my wifes gluten allergy. I had the scallops with a lobster risotto and my wife had sea bass.Special Features:
- Fine cuisine and old world charm!JoJoFoodieDined on 5/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at The Copper Beech Inn. The food was well prepared and beautifully presented. The atmosphere is so pleasant...not too noisy and tables aren't on top of each other. I applaud the owners for not succumbing to the modern trend of loud and cramped. There aren't many restaurants left that serve fine cuisine and a great dining experience too. They also use many local products and buy from local producers...bravo!Special Features:
- Fantastic!hipomanDined on 5/9/2014This was one of the best dinners that I ever had. The menu is small but everything is fantastic! My girlfriend had the same reaction. She loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinnerAftertheatreDined on 5/4/2014Choices were beautifully presented, service excellent. Charming venue.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner Cooper BeachINTHEMOODDined on 5/3/2014My husband made the reservation at Copper Beach for my birthday and reserved a high top table in the Oak Room. We were greeted and seated on time and our waiter was prompt in asking about drinks and advising of dinner specials. Dinner was wonderful. We ordered desert and waited and waited. About a half hour later our waiter asked if we needed anything else, appeared he forgot to place our desert order. We advised we were OK and did not wish to have desert... He brought it over anyway and advised he would remove from the bill. We had him box the desert and we brought it home...wonderful For a restaurant of the caliber of Copper Beach that should not have happened. The Oak Room was not overly busySpecial Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the The Copper Beech Inn reviews archive.
- Charlie's Birthday DinnerBeanDined on 5/1/2014We arrived for an early dinner on a Thursday evening, and it's not quite our restaurant season yet. The dining room was very quiet. We had a table of 5, the service was outstanding and the food very good. I have been before to sit and eat at the bar there and it's always been wonderful dining experience. The bar is built in a way that allows a lot of room so you never feel crowded. Food, salads, cheese plates are delicious. A wonderful spot at a Country Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisegrammygamDined on 4/29/2014My husband and I had no idea what to expect from the dining room at the Copper Beech Inn. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by a very pleasant server who went out of his way to make sure our dining experience was stellar. The rack of lamb was prepared perfectly and the roasted vegetables were delicious. Unfortunately we didn't have enough appetite to sample any desserts, but those that we saw going to other tables looked spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with HenryFrankDined on 4/25/2014We stayed at the Copper Beech attend a funeral over the weekend. Arrived at 8:30 pm Friday evening due to horrific traffic on the CT turnpike. Even though we originally had reservations to have dinner with another couple at 7:00 we were welcomed. Excellent food, wine and service. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere not nice foodFoodyDined on 4/18/2014We dined in the garden room which was cozy with lots of windows over looking a beautiful garden (even in April). The service was very good. The food was a huge disappointment. I had sea bass with a potato and lobster sauce. It had absolutely no favor. What I would have given for a salt shaker! My husband had the duck. Better but still a disappointment. For dessert I ordered banana foster profiteroles. No flames;(. And no Pote a choix;(. The pastry was nice and flaky and filled with ice cream, it as just the wrong pastry.Special Features:
- Romantic weekendDonaatCCDined on 4/15/2014Everything about the place screams "New England Charm". The inn and restaurant are lovely. The bar had a charming fireplace and all of the dining rooms had a cozy feeling, but spacious The menu was appetizing to read, and each dish was eye appealing and delicious. The wight staff was helpful and friendly. We felt welcomed the minute we stepped inside the inn.Special Features:
- Decline of the Copper Beech InnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/6/2014The change in ownership at the Copper Beech Inn has resulted in a sharp decline in the quality of the food in its restaurant. Our meal consisted of appetizers (3 tiny pieces of old seared tuna for $15; 2 crab cakes, with little crabmeat and mostly filler for $14) and a main course of tasteless Chilean sea bass in an unimaginative watery broth for $30. This restaurant has definitely been crossed off our list of fine ding establishments.
- Very nice placeMarkDined on 3/1/2014This place was very nice and out of the way. Quiet and confortable. If I stay here again I defeinately will eat here again.Special Features:
- Amazing first experienceJordanDined on 2/28/2014What a great restaurant, so close to home! My husband and I decided to get away for a night, but didn't want to go too far. So, we booked a room at the Copper Beech Inn with their Winter Special rate that came with a dining credit. We arrived early and decided to sit at the bar (and ended up staying there the whole time because we so enjoyed the atmosphere). We ordered drinks, which were delicious, and a few appetizer plates to share - charcuterie, mussels with french fries and calamari. They were all excellent! Everything came out in a timely fashion and was hot. For dessert we shared the apple galette - also wonderful! We cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll want to cherish the memotiesPeterDined on 2/14/2014We've been coming for over 35 years and it's always memorable. Special ingredients, even the butter presentation was special. Great selection, superb presentation. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything's great less the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/11/2014The Copper Beach Inn is a wonderful restaurant with perfectly prepared food , a beautiful bar and a nice wine list. Normally I would have given this restaurant 5 stars however the poorly trained staff leaves a lot to be desired. In a dining spot like TCBI one would expect to receive impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.