The Copper Beech Inn
46 Main St.
Ivoryton, CT 06442Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Copper Beech Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copperbeechinn.com/
- Phone: 8607670330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gaspar Stantic & Dennis Young
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a variety of rooms that can be combined to seat 100 persons. All our private rooms pay homage to their historical provenance.
- Private Party Contact: Klemens Zachhuber 8607670330
A word from The Copper Beech Inn
Welcome to the country charm of the new Copper Beech Inn. Our dining rooms provide the perfect setting for a relaxed, timeless experience. You may enjoy a cocktail at our Copper Bar before settling in to nourish your senses on award winning cuisine and service. Our inspiration continues to be rooted in classic, French provincial gastronomy with modern interpretations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Copper Beech Inn - Best Restaurants in Essex ›
The Copper Beech Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (45)romantic (42)fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (11)scenic view (10)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Top Ten Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Copper Beech Inn is truly an outstanding dining experience! From the romantic and cozy ambiance to the exquisite food preparation and not to mention extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff, everything about this restaurant was five star! I would highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Our group of six celebrating a big birthday discovered a menu that appealed to everyone. More amazing is that each person was wildly enthusiastic about each course he/she ordered. Soup, salad, entree and desert - All were superb! And we couldn't have asked for a more informed, responsive and efficient server with a great sense of humor. Keep in mind that we're a group with very high standards!Special Features:
- Lovely inn needs organizationnewenlandfoodiesVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I decided on a weekend get away to The a Copper Beacb Inn to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary . The inn itself was lovely with the usual B&B amenities. We made an Open Table reservation at the dining room for 7 pm Saturday night. Upon our arrival we were told there would be a half hour wait due to the fact that they were serving a wedding reception. Our only other choice was to sit at a very small table in the bar. Our dining experience from then on was simply adequate . My filet was standard at best and my husband's salmon was dry and served over cold couscous. I would have to agree with other reviews I have read regarding the Inn's restaraunt. They do not seem to be very organized and the cuisine does not excite.Special Features:
- Food WonderfulPatientSrDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I had a reservation, but were seated in the bar with its closely packed tables. Not exactly what I had expected. For the price I felt linen tablecloths should have been on the tables. The service was prompt and knowledgeable, drinks came quickly, and excellent food followed. The noise level was quite high, as is true in so many places these days. Parking was difficult. I ended up behind the building, and had to find much of my way in the dark to the front door. Overall, we did enjoy it and will probably return, but maybe not on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Gem in small-town ConnecticutSTLFoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014Had heard great things about this restaurant, and it lived up to the hype! I've eaten at many restaurants in large cities and this one could definitely fit in on that scale - service, setting, and the food, oh man! the food! Many options for larger and smaller appetities and tastes on this sophisticated menu. We had scallops with lobster risotto, filet mignon, and strip steak. Also had sticky toffee pudding, german chocolate cake, and apple galette. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious! We ate every bite! Waiters were friendly and accommodating. **They are also very good for breakfast too! Highly recommend all around!Special Features:
- This time just OKMarkDined on 10/12/2014Was here before that is why we went back. But they were off. Empty place when we got there but that is fine with us. Ordered our appetizers and they arrived in good time. But before we finished them we ordered our entree's and low and behold they were on us as quick as a flash. Even after we told them no hurry, we are staying at the inn. And before that the menu, written on the black board stated duck and of course, no duck. Ended up with winier snitsel. Which was OK. Too bad because this place really has great character and a working fireplace.Special Features:
- Very nice eveningMLCCTCPLCDined on 10/11/2014I hadn't been to The Copper Beach Inn since it was acquired by The Water's Edge Resort. The new owners have kept the tradition of a very fine country setting and warm, luxurious ambiance. The service was attentive and informative as well as professional. Pet peeves such as failure to replace used silverware, fingers on the drinking edge of glasses, plates presented with the main entrée facing away from the diner were all absent here. All three of our meals were prepared beautifully with wonderful flavors, textures and temperatures. A variety of quality wines offered by the glass completed the package.Special Features:
- Bring on the romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014This is a delightful and delicious experience- Whatever season, the Copper Beech Inn will wow you with the grounds, the lovely quiet and elegant dining and the spectacular service leaving nothing undone. The duck special overwhelmed our foodies and the scallops with lobster/corn risotto also made the diners very happy! Super wine choices and remarkable service- Really taking every person and timing into consideration to provide quiet, seamless service for a memorable experience. Also be certain someone gets the onion soup. It is quite rich but unparalleled!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner...CumberlandladyDined on 9/28/2014I was certainly not expecting the level of excellence that we enjoyed. My swordfish was cooked to perfection with a delicious slightly fruity topping and my accompanying Sauvignon blanc was a sublime New Zealand wine. My husband had the duck which was perfectly and deliciously prepared. I only wish we lived closer so we could go often, but we will certainly make it a destination at some point. Kudos to this wonderful chef, staff and management team.Special Features:
- It's All GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We have dined here several times now and couldn't be happier. Restaurant du Village in Chester used to be our anniversary and special occasion spot for over 25 years, but since the most recent change in ownership it just has never been the same. Now Copper Beech may be the perfect replacement. And the fact that they honored a "special request" for my husband's birthday was a pleasant surprise. Our server was exceptional, lovely lady!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special anniversaryseniahDined on 9/10/2014We brought my parents here for a 65th wedding anniversary celebration. Champagne on ice was ready when we arrived and we were seated at a lovely table on the porch. This week's specials included fried goat cheese with figs and fried stuffed squash blossoms - delicious. The entrees were nicely prepared and presented. Wonderful desserts. Service throughout the meal was gracious and first rate. The Copper Beech Inn is the perfect place for a celebratory dinner.Special Features:
- DariVIPDined on 9/6/2014We drove 70 minutes for our 40th anniversary.We had dinned years ago at this place.We where a bit disappointed with service,menu,price.Desert was very good,coffee was cold and bitter,cappochino was the worst I have ever had.Well not go back. I must point out,servers were very polite and friendly.Special Features:
- Always goodJOTOBVIPDined on 9/5/2014Good food,atmosphere & wine. A nice quiet get awaySpecial Features:
- A great dining experience!FeedMeDined on 9/2/2014Our first visit to the Copper Beach Inn for dinner was perfect! The food was outstanding: We had the scallops which were delightful! It was my birthday, and the Copper Beach truly made it special. The service was outstanding. Our wait staff was cordial, informative and very pleasant. We will certainly return, and we will bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint InnJackieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful meal in a romantic setting. Thouroughly enjoyed the fish and the wife loved teh scallops. Portions were generous and the service top notch. Won't disappoint.Special Features:
- GB101Dined on 8/31/2014Quiet labor day, surprised so few people. Otherwise great place.Special Features:
- Fine dinning at it's best.JimandSharonDined on 8/31/2014The wait staff was very accommodating, friendly, and efficient. For entries we chose the braised scallops and veal saltimbocca. The scallops were huge and just about the tastiest we've had any where. The veal chop was thick and juicy, and done just right. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014The most solid, consistent food I have ever had. Service is impeccable, beautiful decor, Jen is the best bartender and they have a great menu. Literally my favorite restaurant. The octopus appetizer is so incredible and I have to mop all the juices up with that delicious, warm bread. The smoked salmon appetizer is also incredible. Served with avocado mousse and pieces of lump crab. The perfect dish! My favorite thing is every time I visit the dishes I order look and taste the same. The sign of a well trained and organized kitchen staff, consistency in terms of plating and the flavor of the food. You won't be disappointed here!Special Features:
- KowboyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food! And some very good, affordable wines. Beautiful view of gardens from the outdoor dining deck.Special Features:
- FantasticJAP57VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food, service and ambiance were fantastic. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:
- Peaceful environment3friendsDined on 8/20/2014The food was wonderful & expensive. Great place for special event. Wait staff could use more appropriate -- crisp & clean -- attire to compliment the ambiance. We enjoyed the evening and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Another outstanding evening at the Copper Beech Inn. Wonderful specials, great menu, lots of creativity. Can't wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SereneFoodFaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014Quiet serene setting, very high quality food and great selection. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Bottom line? The bottom line. Certainly not fantastic for their fantastic prices. Food's ok, some interesting choices for specials like grilled watermelon or goat cheese-stuffed squash blossoms. Beautiful piece of Chilean sea bass but tomato-based broth too greasy, lobster pieces rubbery. Poor dessert selection. Staff/chef completely forgot special birthday dessert I'd ordered the week before. Decor more cheesy than elegant. The glassed-in porch and outdoor porch are nice enough. Despite requesting & promised a nice table for a particularly special occasion, my 11 year old daughter & I were directed to a table in the bar although plenty of others in dining room I had to point before taken to a table there. Only "fancy" game in town. Eh
- Great Experience!LLMANDined on 8/2/2014B & B is a great stay! We ve been multiple times for anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for brunchMaxkat1224Dined on 8/2/2014My son loved the hot cakes! I enjoyed eggs Benedict. Wonderful place, light and airySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendknittykittyDined on 8/1/2014I had two meals here, both excellent. One dinner was seated in the dining room - there were so many things I was interested in on the menu that it was hard to choose. The wine list was impressive. Everything was delicious and the courses were perfectly timed. The waiter was lovely & attentive. The second meal was eaten alone in the bar area - mussels / chorizo & frites with a glass of wine...it was beyond yummy. Again, the service was tentative. The staff works very well together - nice atmosphere. The produce & seafood was as fresh as could be....stickly toffee pudding was divine and the dessert cheese plate was great too. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimGJimGDined on 7/29/2014We ordered the Boston Bibb salad and pan seared scallops with lobster corn risotto. There were four scallops set on the risotto. I had expected five scallops. The risotto was a little heavier than I expected and the lobster was chewy. The service was very good. The place is quaint but there is no spectacular view of Long Island Sound or a river or lake. The place, overall, was all right, a little overpriced, but I wouldn't make a special trip to go back there again.
- A Perfect Jewellove2dinehereDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant has a unique ambience - gentle, relaxing and charming. The service is gracious and informed and the food is wonderful, delicious and artistically presented. Everything is fresh and seems to have come from local gardens and markets. The furnishings and appointments in the dining rooms and inn are also in perfect keeping with the quality of the food and atmosphere. I cannot recommend the experience and inn highly enough.Special Features:
- Fine spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The Copper Beech Inn has a serious kitchen and very attentive service. Worth the price -- and the drive.Special Features:
- F2TFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Great quality food and very good service. The food is fresh, locally sourced and flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeTantaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Will go back. Food was good but not great. Prices fair. Would love to have veggies cooked more and not hard. Tomato Bisque soup was very good. warm dinner rolls would be better than the 2 slices of cold rustic bread. Felt a bit rushed.Special Features:
- The Perfect Spot for DinnerLoveFoodWineDined on 7/8/2014I was meeting a friend at The Copper Beech for dinner last week, and had a very memorable experience. This was my first time dining at The Copper Beech and I was expecting good food, but the food was not good, it was AMAZING! The staff was very friendly and informative. They made sure we had everything we needed/wanted. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Delightful!RBTVVIPDined on 7/5/2014Having heard good things, we decided to dine at Copper Beach Inn after attending a matinee at the Goodspeed Opera House less than 15 minutes away. Upon arriving, we were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the loveliness of the surroundings -- an impression that was not altered through the entire course of the meal! The menu selection, while not incredibly extensive, was diverse enough to satisfy both my wife and I. The timeliness and quality of preparation was superb, as was the sophisticated but unpretentious presentation. We had a most enjoyable dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014We've been going here on our anniversary for over 20 years. The service-particularly with Henry, who has been there all that time, is always superb especially when he is assigned to our table. This is a great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A charming New England InnwkendgourmetVIPDined on 7/3/2014Good food. Lots of space between tables. Starting with a mouth watering charcuterie platter of cured meats and artisinal cheese, a perfectly prepared filet mignon and finishing with a tiramisu that any Italian grandmother would be proud to call her own the ambiance is charming the service is gracious. And whether you dine on the outdoor patio or in one of the dark paneled rooms decorated with period portraits, you will leave feeling well wined and dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 89 reviews are from the The Copper Beech Inn reviews archive.
- Excellent food. Excellent service.LauraDined on 6/24/2014Beautiful facility. We stayed in the bed and breakfast and it was wonderful. The service is excellent. Pete was so professional and accommodating. The food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lbnewarkDined on 6/21/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was good. It was very quiet. If you are looking for a little more action, this is not the place to go.Special Features:
- A Copper Beech RaveFairHaven2Dined on 6/20/2014Both the menu and portions just the right size. The menu – which, we we're told is tweaked monthly – presents a set of tantalizing choices, so you're left on the horns of a completely pleasant dilemma. The food was delicious and the presentation did it justice. All in all, a wonderful evening on the patio!Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014We've been to the Copper Beech Inn many times over the years. This was one of the most enjoyable! Everything was perfect! Very creative menu that didn't disappoint. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.