The Copper Beech Inn
46 Main St.
Ivoryton, CT 06442Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Copper Beech Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.copperbeechinn.com/
- Phone: (860) 767-0330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gaspar Stantic & Dennis Young
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a variety of rooms that can be combined to seat 100 persons. All our private rooms pay homage to their historical provenance.
- Private Party Contact: Klemens Zachhuber 8607670330
A word from The Copper Beech Inn
Welcome to the country charm of the new Copper Beech Inn. Our dining rooms provide the perfect setting for a relaxed, timeless experience. You may enjoy a cocktail at our Copper Bar before settling in to nourish your senses on award winning cuisine and service. Our inspiration continues to be rooted in classic, French provincial gastronomy with modern interpretations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Copper Beech Inn - Best Restaurants in Essex ›
The Copper Beech Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (14)good for groups (11)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- First TimerMjc019copVIPDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I tried the CBI on friends suggestion and found the restaurant to be cozy inside, the wait staff had a sloppy appearance but were nice. We were promptly seated even though we were 15min early. Peter, our waiter, never came to our table to check how the food was prepared until it was time to present the dessert menu. I found the appetizer and dinner menus to have a selection for every palate and our app choices were fair and my wifes lobster bisque was missing the lobster and heavy on the bisque and my flash seared tuna did not have a fresh tuna taste and appeared to have been frozen and far from sushi grade tune. For dinner we both chose a scallop and lobster risotto dish, the 4 scallops were tasty but the risotto was watery and like rice with milk in it, it did have a fair amount of lobster chunks in it. We passed on dessert. I probably will not add the CBI to my favorites list.
- Gracious and welcomingGrCruVIPDined on 11/18/2014Starting at the beautiful copper bar, the welcoming bar tender, and local patrons shared kindness and discussions, while the Hotel General Manager, Clemmons, welcomed all guests. The delightful wine list was well balance and matched to the menu. We dined on impeccable dishes of lamb (both chops and ossobocco while our spouses savored their seafood entrees of Salmon. Beautiful ambiance, excellent attentive, but not invasive service, made for a wonderful dining experience, and then a great stay at this elegant and beautiful Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014Nearby Ivorton Theatre, a great evening, show and dinner. The restaurant is very elegant and charming and delicious. Would definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A TreatPennyDined on 11/9/2014Dining at the Copper Beech Inn is always delightful. The food is delicious, the service is impeccable, and the atmosphere is so charming. It's so New England! It's close to the Ivoryton Playhouse so it's our tradition to dine at the Copper Beech each time we see a play. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- 62104Dined on 11/8/2014The food was great. I started with an appetizer of lobster bisque with sherry and tarragon. For my entree, I had the pan seared scallops with corn and lobster risotto. Just wonderful! It was an hour drive and well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!KowboyVIPDined on 11/5/2014This truly is a spot for foodies! And a very beautiful place.Special Features:
- Amazing!gmb7Dined on 11/2/2014Amazing stay at the Inn with an Anniversary dinner that was beyond our expectations! We started by sharing a duck pate appetizer which was very tasty and wonderfully creamy. I had scallops over corn and lobster risotto--divine--and the scallops were cooked perfectly! My husband had the duck and said it was the best! With our desserts we received a white chocolate disk with the Inn's logo, and Happy Anniversary--a small touch that was reflective of the superior service and entire dining experience! I would give them six stars if possible!!!Special Features:
- For that perfect eveningMtncat900Dined on 10/25/2014Had a nice table. Food and menu was great and unique items that you would not normally have. Great service and drink selection. Dining Room is quieter than tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!2localsDined on 10/25/2014I had the duck. Cooked perfect. My girlfriend had a vegetarian dish ( which we asked the chef to do) it was amazing. Chef Carlos is very talented!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Ten Meal!lulu62Dined on 10/19/2014Copper Beech Inn is truly an outstanding dining experience! From the romantic and cozy ambiance to the exquisite food preparation and not to mention extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff, everything about this restaurant was five star! I would highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and service!PickypalateDined on 10/19/2014Our group of six celebrating a big birthday discovered a menu that appealed to everyone. More amazing is that each person was wildly enthusiastic about each course he/she ordered. Soup, salad, entree and desert - All were superb! And we couldn't have asked for a more informed, responsive and efficient server with a great sense of humor. Keep in mind that we're a group with very high standards!Special Features:
- Lovely inn needs organizationnewenlandfoodiesVIPDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I decided on a weekend get away to The a Copper Beacb Inn to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary . The inn itself was lovely with the usual B&B amenities. We made an Open Table reservation at the dining room for 7 pm Saturday night. Upon our arrival we were told there would be a half hour wait due to the fact that they were serving a wedding reception. Our only other choice was to sit at a very small table in the bar. Our dining experience from then on was simply adequate . My filet was standard at best and my husband's salmon was dry and served over cold couscous. I would have to agree with other reviews I have read regarding the Inn's restaraunt. They do not seem to be very organized and the cuisine does not excite.Special Features:
- Food WonderfulPatientSrDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I had a reservation, but were seated in the bar with its closely packed tables. Not exactly what I had expected. For the price I felt linen tablecloths should have been on the tables. The service was prompt and knowledgeable, drinks came quickly, and excellent food followed. The noise level was quite high, as is true in so many places these days. Parking was difficult. I ended up behind the building, and had to find much of my way in the dark to the front door. Overall, we did enjoy it and will probably return, but maybe not on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Gem in small-town ConnecticutSTLFoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014Had heard great things about this restaurant, and it lived up to the hype! I've eaten at many restaurants in large cities and this one could definitely fit in on that scale - service, setting, and the food, oh man! the food! Many options for larger and smaller appetities and tastes on this sophisticated menu. We had scallops with lobster risotto, filet mignon, and strip steak. Also had sticky toffee pudding, german chocolate cake, and apple galette. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious! We ate every bite! Waiters were friendly and accommodating. **They are also very good for breakfast too! Highly recommend all around!Special Features:
- This time just OKMarkDined on 10/12/2014Was here before that is why we went back. But they were off. Empty place when we got there but that is fine with us. Ordered our appetizers and they arrived in good time. But before we finished them we ordered our entree's and low and behold they were on us as quick as a flash. Even after we told them no hurry, we are staying at the inn. And before that the menu, written on the black board stated duck and of course, no duck. Ended up with winier snitsel. Which was OK. Too bad because this place really has great character and a working fireplace.Special Features:
- Very nice eveningMLCCTCPLCDined on 10/11/2014I hadn't been to The Copper Beach Inn since it was acquired by The Water's Edge Resort. The new owners have kept the tradition of a very fine country setting and warm, luxurious ambiance. The service was attentive and informative as well as professional. Pet peeves such as failure to replace used silverware, fingers on the drinking edge of glasses, plates presented with the main entrée facing away from the diner were all absent here. All three of our meals were prepared beautifully with wonderful flavors, textures and temperatures. A variety of quality wines offered by the glass completed the package.Special Features:
- Bring on the romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014This is a delightful and delicious experience- Whatever season, the Copper Beech Inn will wow you with the grounds, the lovely quiet and elegant dining and the spectacular service leaving nothing undone. The duck special overwhelmed our foodies and the scallops with lobster/corn risotto also made the diners very happy! Super wine choices and remarkable service- Really taking every person and timing into consideration to provide quiet, seamless service for a memorable experience. Also be certain someone gets the onion soup. It is quite rich but unparalleled!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner...CumberlandladyDined on 9/28/2014I was certainly not expecting the level of excellence that we enjoyed. My swordfish was cooked to perfection with a delicious slightly fruity topping and my accompanying Sauvignon blanc was a sublime New Zealand wine. My husband had the duck which was perfectly and deliciously prepared. I only wish we lived closer so we could go often, but we will certainly make it a destination at some point. Kudos to this wonderful chef, staff and management team.Special Features:
- It's All GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We have dined here several times now and couldn't be happier. Restaurant du Village in Chester used to be our anniversary and special occasion spot for over 25 years, but since the most recent change in ownership it just has never been the same. Now Copper Beech may be the perfect replacement. And the fact that they honored a "special request" for my husband's birthday was a pleasant surprise. Our server was exceptional, lovely lady!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special anniversaryseniahDined on 9/10/2014We brought my parents here for a 65th wedding anniversary celebration. Champagne on ice was ready when we arrived and we were seated at a lovely table on the porch. This week's specials included fried goat cheese with figs and fried stuffed squash blossoms - delicious. The entrees were nicely prepared and presented. Wonderful desserts. Service throughout the meal was gracious and first rate. The Copper Beech Inn is the perfect place for a celebratory dinner.Special Features:
- DariVIPDined on 9/6/2014We drove 70 minutes for our 40th anniversary.We had dinned years ago at this place.We where a bit disappointed with service,menu,price.Desert was very good,coffee was cold and bitter,cappochino was the worst I have ever had.Well not go back. I must point out,servers were very polite and friendly.Special Features:
- Always goodJOTOBVIPDined on 9/5/2014Good food,atmosphere & wine. A nice quiet get awaySpecial Features:
- A great dining experience!FeedMeDined on 9/2/2014Our first visit to the Copper Beach Inn for dinner was perfect! The food was outstanding: We had the scallops which were delightful! It was my birthday, and the Copper Beach truly made it special. The service was outstanding. Our wait staff was cordial, informative and very pleasant. We will certainly return, and we will bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint InnJackieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful meal in a romantic setting. Thouroughly enjoyed the fish and the wife loved teh scallops. Portions were generous and the service top notch. Won't disappoint.Special Features:
- GB101Dined on 8/31/2014Quiet labor day, surprised so few people. Otherwise great place.Special Features:
- Fine dinning at it's best.JimandSharonDined on 8/31/2014The wait staff was very accommodating, friendly, and efficient. For entries we chose the braised scallops and veal saltimbocca. The scallops were huge and just about the tastiest we've had any where. The veal chop was thick and juicy, and done just right. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014The most solid, consistent food I have ever had. Service is impeccable, beautiful decor, Jen is the best bartender and they have a great menu. Literally my favorite restaurant. The octopus appetizer is so incredible and I have to mop all the juices up with that delicious, warm bread. The smoked salmon appetizer is also incredible. Served with avocado mousse and pieces of lump crab. The perfect dish! My favorite thing is every time I visit the dishes I order look and taste the same. The sign of a well trained and organized kitchen staff, consistency in terms of plating and the flavor of the food. You won't be disappointed here!Special Features:
- KowboyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent food! And some very good, affordable wines. Beautiful view of gardens from the outdoor dining deck.Special Features:
- FantasticJAP57VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food, service and ambiance were fantastic. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:
- Peaceful environment3friendsDined on 8/20/2014The food was wonderful & expensive. Great place for special event. Wait staff could use more appropriate -- crisp & clean -- attire to compliment the ambiance. We enjoyed the evening and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Another outstanding evening at the Copper Beech Inn. Wonderful specials, great menu, lots of creativity. Can't wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SereneFoodFaceVIPDined on 8/17/2014Quiet serene setting, very high quality food and great selection. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Bottom line? The bottom line. Certainly not fantastic for their fantastic prices. Food's ok, some interesting choices for specials like grilled watermelon or goat cheese-stuffed squash blossoms. Beautiful piece of Chilean sea bass but tomato-based broth too greasy, lobster pieces rubbery. Poor dessert selection. Staff/chef completely forgot special birthday dessert I'd ordered the week before. Decor more cheesy than elegant. The glassed-in porch and outdoor porch are nice enough. Despite requesting & promised a nice table for a particularly special occasion, my 11 year old daughter & I were directed to a table in the bar although plenty of others in dining room I had to point before taken to a table there. Only "fancy" game in town. Eh
- Great Experience!LLMANDined on 8/2/2014B & B is a great stay! We ve been multiple times for anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for brunchMaxkat1224Dined on 8/2/2014My son loved the hot cakes! I enjoyed eggs Benedict. Wonderful place, light and airySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendknittykittyDined on 8/1/2014I had two meals here, both excellent. One dinner was seated in the dining room - there were so many things I was interested in on the menu that it was hard to choose. The wine list was impressive. Everything was delicious and the courses were perfectly timed. The waiter was lovely & attentive. The second meal was eaten alone in the bar area - mussels / chorizo & frites with a glass of wine...it was beyond yummy. Again, the service was tentative. The staff works very well together - nice atmosphere. The produce & seafood was as fresh as could be....stickly toffee pudding was divine and the dessert cheese plate was great too. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the The Copper Beech Inn reviews archive.
- JimGJimGDined on 7/29/2014We ordered the Boston Bibb salad and pan seared scallops with lobster corn risotto. There were four scallops set on the risotto. I had expected five scallops. The risotto was a little heavier than I expected and the lobster was chewy. The service was very good. The place is quaint but there is no spectacular view of Long Island Sound or a river or lake. The place, overall, was all right, a little overpriced, but I wouldn't make a special trip to go back there again.
- A Perfect Jewellove2dinehereDined on 7/27/2014This restaurant has a unique ambience - gentle, relaxing and charming. The service is gracious and informed and the food is wonderful, delicious and artistically presented. Everything is fresh and seems to have come from local gardens and markets. The furnishings and appointments in the dining rooms and inn are also in perfect keeping with the quality of the food and atmosphere. I cannot recommend the experience and inn highly enough.Special Features:
- Fine spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The Copper Beech Inn has a serious kitchen and very attentive service. Worth the price -- and the drive.Special Features:
- F2TFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Great quality food and very good service. The food is fresh, locally sourced and flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.