4610 PGA Blvd Suite #100
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecooperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5616220032x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate a party of twelve
- Private Party Contact: Don Lullo 5616220032x
A word from The Cooper
The Cooper, Craft Kitchen & Bar provides sustainable, environmentally conscious food in a contemporary setting, with unparalleled service. Our menu is influenced and inspired by fresh ingredients that are locally sourced and mindfully prepared. Complementing our menu are thoughtfully crafted artisan cocktails. These seasonal, barrel-aged cocktails are modern interpretations of classic drinks. The Cooper also offers wines and microbrewed draft beers that are lively and international.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cooper reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (128)great for outdoor dining (121)neighborhood gem (114)vibrant bar scene (92)hot spot (75)special occasion (56)good for groups (54)romantic (36)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (34)late-night find (21)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (5)Show More
- Noise vs. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014The food and service was great BUT the noise levels in the dining rooms was overwhelming, taking away from a very nice food experience. The food was very good, the noise ruined the taste. Cooper, do something about the noise levels in your restaurant. I want to come back, but not when I cannot hear the people I am having dinner with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice place to dineRichGVIPDined on 9/14/2014tried this place for the first time last weekend. Nice place with really good food.. The salads are excellent as are the creative salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my birthday with family at the Cooper and was not disappointed. Great food, great atmosphere. They made my special day even more so.Special Features:
- The owners & chef have a hit!RJW1PBCountyDined on 9/13/2014This place opened recently and what a great addition to the already terrific dining options in the area. Very pleased with everything from our cocktails to our apps to our entrees. Couldn't find room for coffee and dessert so we made another reservation for next week and plan on pacing ourselves.Special Features:
- Really enjoy CoopersLuv2dineDined on 9/13/2014I have been twice now to Coopers. Each dish was very tasty and filling. Their house wine is fantastic as well as their mixed drinks. they make everything in house and that day. Wait staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. There are two sections to the restaurant - one with the bar and it is really loud but fun energy and the other side is not quiet but at least you can hear each other better. Decor is eclectic and seating is very comfortable. It is not kid friendly. I will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a place to enjoylovetoeatVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is the second time we were here. Noise level is oppressive. Hard to go with a couple and have a meaningful conversation in the room with the bar. Food was excellent burger and turkey burger prepared perfectly. Service was attentive our waiter was on top of everything. AC a real problem if you sit near the far wall in the bar room. Blows directly off the wall and is cold and uncomfortable. Staff is excellent and does everything in their power to satisfy you but the physical structure gets in the way.Special Features:
- Tasty treatseatingoutVIPDined on 9/11/2014Very good service and good quality foods. Excellent burger cooked perfectly. Fresh ingredients with creative combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu, local fareLadyDiDined on 9/10/2014This is still fairly new and appears to be well liked. The food and the service were very good. The watermelon and kale salad is delicious. If you like to eat light or have smaller portions, you can definitely split the salads. The Ancient Grains burger fell apart but was tasty and made more so by our server, Edison's special sauce (ketchup, mustard, mayo, sriracha and something else that I forget). Turkey burger and sweet potato fries were delicious too. Appeared to be an active bar scene, especially outside. A little noisy inside but not intolerable. As a former Marylander, ordering the "jumbo lump" crab cake appetizer on previous visit proved disappointing. Wasn't jumbo lump, shouldn't be advertised as such. Still worth a visit.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the bar.GrillMasterVIPDined on 9/7/2014Our party of four sat at the bar most of the evening. The house Chardonnay and Cabernet were both decent for house wines. We tried both appetizers and a couple entrees. The chopped salad was excellent. Our server was terrific, quickly responding when I spilled a glass of wine, providing another, even though it was my fault. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDinersDined on 9/5/2014We went for dinner and sat inside. It was really noisy. The waiter seemed slightly distracted while taking our order, and indeed I was served the wrong entree. The food was OK, but I was a little disappointed in the grilled peach salad I had. Peaches had very little flavor. When the bill came we were charged for the entree I had been served in error. As we were waiting for the valet to bring our car the waiter came out to us because he couldn't find the signed credit card slip my husband had left on the table. The experience was just "eh". I have been to Max Tavern and Max Burger in Massachusetts and found them to be excellent, so was disappointed in the Cooper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food BlandGSMCNURSEDined on 9/5/2014Scallops could have used more seasoning, but the mushrooms were delicious. Peach cobbler just so, so.... Salmon was good. Plate for dessert was dirty....sent it back to kitchen Coolinary Cafe and District in Stuart food is more tasty for Farm to Table restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Good food, service could use work!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Cool place, great menu. Fresh items, clever presentation and everything was delicious. However the service left so much to desire and it is amazing how poor service can affect our dining experience. The waiter took our order for drinks and never came back. Everything was so slow and he was never anywhere to be found. It was the strangest thing! And annoying! We waited nearly 15 minutes for a diet coke! The food took a while to come out and when it did, it was very tasty. We tired the pasta, chicken and salads as well as soup and appetizers. All was good but the bad service overshadowed our enjoyment of the Cooper. Most disappointing!
- A PGA gemBossyladyDined on 8/30/2014The Cooper. Our new favorite and must not be missed restaurant. For the 14 years we have been in Florida we have been looking for that go-back-to restaurant and now it is here. Everything we love in a neighborhood gem - great food with healthy options, local food, great presentations, knowledgable and affable wait staff, good wines, good bartenders, good service and fair pricing. Thank you for opening here.Special Features:
- Great place, nice drinksBoilerLeahVIPDined on 8/29/2014I appreciate the cask cocktails but the old fashioned that I had was very sweet! It was a challenge to drink because of the syrupy texture. The entree portions varied a bit. Loved the steak tartareSpecial Features:
- The "IN" PlaceDanaMVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were here on a Friday night with a 7pm reservation. It was PACKED!!! We were seated right away and the hostess was very sweet. Our server was great, good personality, but service was a little slow due to the crowds. Food was good, not quite as "great" as we had expected. Based on the crowds, this is definitely the "IN" place in Palm Beach Gardens!!! You can sit inside or outside - certainly worth a try.Special Features:
- Too much saltnosaltDined on 8/29/2014Even my cocktail had salt in it and it wasn't a Margarita. Too noisy. Not a quiet spot for a dining with my spouse.Special Features:
- Best hamburgerswisewomanVIPDined on 8/26/2014Good dining experience but very noisy. I order the hamburger and husband orders the meatloaf. Both meals are very tasty. Very attentive waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyabledrinkthewineat77Dined on 8/26/2014Enjoyable and service was great choice on menu was good and food was delivered in a timely manner also drinks were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh foodDrChefDined on 8/24/2014The farm to table concept is executed well at Cooper. The food and ambiance are similar to a bistro. The ahi tuna was bright red and delicious. Scallops cooked perfectly. The turkey burger has tasty toppings. The meatloaf was just average. We reguested a table toward the back so it would be quieter, and we were accommodated. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale FreshEnjoyeatingoutDined on 8/23/2014The food was very tasty... The scallops sat on a superb sauce... The grilled peach salad was a nice starter... Don't forget to leave room for the banana split ( several people can share it )... It's well worth the calories!!! The only real negative is the NOISE LEVEL!!! We were 6 people on a Sat night & it was so difficult to speak to each other cause the noise was extremely annoying! If anything, that might stop me from coming back with people cause an important part of a pleasant evening is wonderful conversation...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourShilohVIPDined on 8/21/2014We made reservation for 5.30 to enjoy the happy hour. However, when we got seated in the dining area we were told this section does not have the happy hour. So we had to pay a full price for our drinks, which is not acceptable.
- Great start to a new place!Wino4hireVIPDined on 8/21/2014What a fun place to eat / drink!!! Craft liquors and a good wine list too! the servers are all wonderful!! Tanette, Toni, Kerri, David, and Boston behind the bar will take great care of you!!!!Special Features:
- Farm-to-table FabulousChiefDined on 8/18/2014I loved this new farm-to-table restaurant in PGA Commons. The menu was very healthy - lots of vegan and gluten-free options. I had the salmon, which was excellent. The ice cream Sunday for dessert is a must-have. The restaurant is decorated beautifully. It's a bit loud inside, but has a nice vibe. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We started with a drink at the outside bar. They have a really nice martini/cocktail menu. Nothing too sweet, just good drinks. We love the atmosphere inside the restaurant. Our waiter was fantastic! He knew every detail about the menu and the specials. Two of our party had specials, which they both enjoyed. I had the salmon and my friend had the cale/watermelon salad with ahi tuna which was also wonderful. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatasusualVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was great, noise and uncomfortable seating was not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was great...our server was great.....a little too loud in the restaurant for me. And a bit pricy...but the food was good.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I found this restaurant to be a 5 star rating. I keep going back because the food and service is excellent. The staff are extremely friendly, the atmosphere tastefully done and generally a nice crowd. I can hope it doesn't change over time.Special Features:
- UnsatisfiedVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was our third visit. The first two were good. This time our waitress was not attentive. (We were there at 6 PM, before the rush). She was not sure of the menu when questioned about specific dishes. I had the Key west shrimp spaghettini. It was completely over spiced, with only three shrimp, that I had to look for. There was nothing good about it. My husband ordered a steak (expensive) and it had fat and grizzle. Certainly not worth the price!
- foodieDined on 8/13/2014Nice combo between great food and good service. Hard to find these days. Will definitely be back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food deliciousjundorVIPDined on 8/13/2014the food was great, but we were very disappointed in the seating. they tried to seat us at a table that was extrememly small that stuck out in the room and look like it was added as an afterthought. our waitress tried to move us and then had to move usw a third time. We were told that this was the quiet area. not so much. the food was delicious, but we will not be returning.Special Features:
- Inconsistent Food QualityEmily01Dined on 8/10/2014We have visited multiple times and the food quality ranges from exceptional to poor. The shrimp spaghettini can either be light and bright or drowning in a dark overpowering sauce. The service is somewhat slow, even when the restaurant is less than half full. Craft cocktails are amazing. Servers do not have a vested interest in the quality of your food or overall experience. Great potential, but some improvements and smoothing out of round edges needed.
- Nite at The CooperOnecastTVDined on 8/10/2014Excellent new eatery on the PGA corridor. Try the bucket of mussels! Super managers and a shout out to bartender Boston! All good. You'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The CoopermarshaDined on 8/9/2014Place was very noisy, it was difficult to have a conversation with the other couple without screaming. One of our napkins came filthy and one of the water glasses was really disgustingly dirty. The food was basically inedible. We all ordered different dishes. None of us had alcohol or dessert and the bill came to over 100.00 per couple Wild horses could not get us back there.
- Loved it!KimDDined on 8/9/2014Really did not know what to expect. Dishes were very unique. Food was excellent. Definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Average food- Caesar/chicken bad/ sundae dessert greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique PGA diningGopcharlesVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent service, unique, vibrant & a bit loud. Good if not excellent food. Worth a try and a return visit. Very reasonable summer happy hour at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!!!luvfoodDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed the tapas appetizers and the prompt friendly service. The filet was out of this world! I will go back to try other things! Can't wait!Special Features:
- Third time and best yetCBRabeneckerDined on 8/8/2014Okay, three times in one month. First with the girls, then sat at the outdoor bar for appetizers with hubby and this last time a special occasion with our son. This last visit was more "foodie" oriented because that's how we celebrate as a family. The crab cake appetizer (meaty but needed more flavor.. I asked for lemon).. steak tartare (very filling, maybe a bit heavy).. beef filet (perfection).. meatloaf (bacon lovers dream).. hogfish (exceptional with lots of veggies). This dinner was pricey because of our selections. Our server was extremely attentive and accommodating. The guys wanted specific beers and he gave them tastings to determine what they liked best.Special Features:
- Nice experienceKatyDined on 8/5/2014Four of us went to the Cooper for the first time to celebrate a birthday. Decor is casually elegant and comfortable, with some bench seating and tables sized for conversation. Lovely cheese plate appetizer with fantastic fig jam and honey, which warranted a baguette and not the few water crackers and two skinny crostini that were served. Great bread was served with delicious basil olive oil, but only after we asked. It would have been nicer to offer it instead. Server was very nice, efficient, and knowledgeable about the menu. Meatloaf was outstanding, just like the reviews promised. Diver scallops and vegetarian plate also very good. This is a restaurant we would go to again.Special Features:
- Cooper reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014This was my second visit. The food was excellent both times. And the service was lacking both times. The first time we had ordered the cheese board and two of the three cheeses were wrong. It took a good 18 minutes to get our waiter back. This time once the food was delivered they disappeared. We were finished and Sat for a long time before they returned. Never offered desert or anything else so we asked for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.