4610 PGA Blvd Suite #100
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecooperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5616220032x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate a party of twelve
- Private Party Contact: Don Lullo 5616220032x
A word from The Cooper
The Cooper, Craft Kitchen & Bar provides sustainable, environmentally conscious food in a contemporary setting, with unparalleled service. Our menu is influenced and inspired by fresh ingredients that are locally sourced and mindfully prepared. Complementing our menu are thoughtfully crafted artisan cocktails. These seasonal, barrel-aged cocktails are modern interpretations of classic drinks. The Cooper also offers wines and microbrewed draft beers that are lively and international.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cooper reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (124)fit for foodies (123)neighborhood gem (108)vibrant bar scene (88)hot spot (79)good for groups (55)special occasion (53)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (32)romantic (29)late-night find (22)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (6)Show More
- reviewreserationmakerDined on 10/18/2014food was totally overpriced for the type of restaurant.....$32 for 3 scallops is a bit over the top and they weren't good. burger had to go back for being too well done.....fries were cold .... waiter was good when we asked for something but overall either too many tables or too frazzled. had been there before and liked it the first few times...times before this was "give it one more chance" gave it the chance and it failed.Special Features:
- Mussels yummygigisreviewDined on 10/17/2014Funny we had heard that the food needed more flavor it ours was great. The Brussel sprouts were wonderful and the mussels tasted so good we want to go back and get them and some wine! We split the pork chop oh my it too was wonderful. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not greatsunfun1234Dined on 10/17/2014Noise is loud, service was good. My snapper dinner was bland and for $30 it should have been special.Special Features:
- DisappointedHandPDined on 10/17/2014Started off with great expectations. Had an early reservation, the restaurant dining room was almost empty and we were sat in the noisy bar area with our teenager. We asked to move, they were pleasant and we sat at a nice table in the dining room.We ordered a nice bottle of wine and the charcuterie plate which was very good but the waiter was using a backhanded pour and spilled the wine each time.It is an understatement to say the entrees were a great disappointment.The chicken salad tasted like cooking fuel and was uneatable. The farmers plate had either burnt or uncooked vegetables and the dry aged steak special for $41, that the waiter said was prime, was tough and gristly. The manager did comp the chicken. The comped sundae was great.Special Features:
- Nice ambience; mixed on foodBIdinerDined on 10/16/20142 out of 4 meals were great. I'd stay away from the steak. Didn't seem to be high quality meat. They were out of our first choice in wineSpecial Features:
- Good lunch placeJussyCDined on 10/16/2014It was fine for our lunch meeting. There was a construction problem in parking lot. Made getting inside difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodGigiDined on 10/15/2014It was a great dining experience. Food was delicious but just barely warm.Special Features:
- CallieDined on 10/15/2014Very nice place for lunch! Popular with the locals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Fourth time here - always great food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my parents...MsantiseDined on 10/13/2014Everything was amazing. Can't wait to go back. The drink list is awesome. Try the Name Dropper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cooper is Super!!luv2eatDined on 10/12/2014Food was great. Booth seating was a little uncomfortable (no leg room) I would highly recommend this restaurant. Service is superb.Special Features:
- noisyprofalVIPDined on 10/10/2014waiter overcharged us--too noisy-overpriced--probably need larger food selectionSpecial Features:
- Excellent choiceMeatloafDined on 10/10/2014Good food......glad to have a nice restaurant nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Fun!MSL501Dined on 10/7/2014We love coming here! It is always delicious no matter what we try. Food, service, ambience..is great! A fun, casual ,comfy place to visit. So glad it's in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great spot for entertainingHTB13VIPDined on 10/7/2014The Cooper is a great addition to the restaurants in the PGA Commons area. Whether you're entertaining clients, having a dinner out with friends or looking for a romantic evening, this is a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere with great menu selections and well prepared, fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great IntroductionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014What a great spot! Cocktail/wine program is impressive, and the food, ambience, and service were all terrific! From tuna tartare to vegetable palette to shrimp linguine, it was all excellent! Cool vibe both indoors and out.Special Features:
- Just so so ….ChristmasEveDiningDined on 10/5/2014We decided to sit outside as itwas the first cool night in a very long time. There was construction going on at the outside bar (roped off at night); therefore wasn't very pleasing to the eye. The inside tables and the restaurant itself is very appealing and looked comfy with oversized chairs and seating at some of the tables. The help was wonderful, however, the food and presentation on paddle boards, etc., made for a messy presentation and a sloppy appearance. French fries were so over done as if nuked in the microwave; making it not edible. If we were to return it would be just to sit at the outside bar (hopefully it will be finished by then) and perhaps just have a burger either inside or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAPPYChuckDined on 10/4/2014Always happy going to Cooper. Have been there 3 times since they opened this Spring , and enjoy very muchSpecial Features:
- 4th visit to The CooperOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014This was the first time the food was a little disappointing. Two people had the mahi special and thought it was a little dry, like perhaps it had been sitting under the heat lamp. I had the spagattini, which I have had before, and I was a little disappointed as well. Caesar salad was excellent, tomato bisque was excellent. Drinks were excellent. Service was excellent. We will try again.Special Features:
- Our dinner at The CooperBillVIPDined on 10/3/2014We wanted to try a different restaurant, in the Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens area. I was told to try The Cooper. We had a great dinner. We started with the Salumi Board and the Beer Braised Mussels. Both were outstanding. I even took the fresh baked bread to dip in the broth. For our main course we had the Med Chicken Paillard which tender and delicious. We also had the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. One of the best meat loafs I have ever tasted. Great flavor and consistency. Great cocktail and wine list along with great service. Love the farm to table conceptSpecial Features:
- Owners need to micromanage servicelocalregularVIPDined on 10/1/2014Excellent, clean food. Below average service 9 out of ten times. Inattentive and lack of paying attention to the details.
- Cooper-Great New RestaurantFoodieRPBDined on 9/28/2014My family and I went to the Cooper to celebrate my son's birthday. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The waiter was excellent and attentive. We had the burger and hand cut fries, roasted chicken, fish and salads. It was all well-prepared and tasted delicious. The prices were reasonable for the amount of food. I will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbearably hotInTequestaVIPDined on 9/27/2014The a/c was out, but we were not notified of this and learned about it only after being seated. Our waiter was wonderful, but we found management very unaccommodating in this miserably hot environment.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedBossyladyDined on 9/27/2014The food was good as it always is except for my husband's fries which were cool and soggy. The mussels are outstanding and about the best I have eaten, the big disappointment was our server who was less than attentive and probably did not deserve the 20% tip we left her. She never asked if everything was ok, did we need anything else etc. with season just about to begin there needs to be better training or supervision of waitstaff. At all our previous visits to The Cooper the waitstaff was outstanding, definite A's but Saturday night a C would be the best grade she deserved. Come on Cooper you know better. We will continue to eat at restaurant because the food is so good because we have always had great service until SaturdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiancelovethefoodDined on 9/27/2014Both the food and service were excellent. The Mahi special was wonderful . Very nice seasonable menu . Waiter was knowledgable and very attentive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good but the service/timing of meal absolutely crushed the entire experience. We ordered drinks/appetizer and kids food at same time. kids food showed up drenched in butter (we specifically said NO BUTTER) the waiter was MIA. The cocktails didn't arrive until after we finished our appetizer (at least we had water). entrees arrived 5 minutes later. Completely felt like I was being shoved out the door. we had app/entrees on table within 15 minutes of being there (drink took 10 minutes though so could only enjoy one, which was pretty good). Didn't bother ordering dessert: thought they would just make it 'to go'. My wife and I were both in SHOCK over the poor service. Too many great restaurants in PBG to deal w/ this
- Great menu, Very very good foodLjknjDined on 9/26/2014We ate at the Cooper for the first time on Friday. Valet parking a must and available. Loved the menu,with a unique variety of choices and a knowledgable waiter about food prep. Everything tasted very good. We ate outdoors because it was soooooo noisy inside. Some farm style tables outside good for large groups. Food came out quickly. Once served it was hard to get our waiter back. All in all, it was very tasty, close to home, had a very busy vibe and we will return. The only concerns it seems so popular (and noisy) that it will likely be hard to get in during the season.Special Features:
- Still TryingWilliamVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have been many times including the opening. They had a rough start with food quality and service. Now the service is somewhat better but food quality needs improving (unless they want to be an overpriced Applebee). I have not had a meal that was a WOW. I thought this time would be it. Ordered the steak and ask for it to be cooked medium (pink). It arrived WELL done. I mentioned it to the server and he acted like I should be thankful. I ate half of it and could not go the rest. One guest at the table ordered pork chops and thought it was delicious. So all was not lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Farm to TableMickcharlaVIPDined on 9/20/2014The Cooper opened in May and has been a hit in Palm Beach Gardens ever since. Great atmosphere, great service and most importantly, great food.Special Features:
- MarleneDined on 9/20/2014It was our first time. Excellent service and food. A wonderful addition to palm beach gardensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO LOUD!PANCHODined on 9/19/2014Good food, good service, but i won't be back. The noise level was so high I could not converse with my date. And we were sitting in a quiet corner.
- Good food & CompanyLIEKVIPDined on 9/18/2014WAY TOO NOISY and the tables are close to each other making it difficult to hear your other diners. Likely will not return.Special Features:
- A bit disappoiniting~OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014Very disappointed with the crabcake appetizer. Scallops were delicious!!
- MemuhungrymemDined on 9/17/2014This place is awesome!! My favorite place to eat. Love the food, ambiance and wait staff!! The only problem is they are so good it might soon be hard to make a reservation anytime!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014The restaurant is very noisy and it can get very cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise vs. FoodNoiseDined on 9/15/2014The food and service was great BUT the noise levels in the dining rooms was overwhelming, taking away from a very nice food experience. The food was very good, the noise ruined the taste. Cooper, do something about the noise levels in your restaurant. I want to come back, but not when I cannot hear the people I am having dinner with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice place to dineRichGVIPDined on 9/14/2014tried this place for the first time last weekend. Nice place with really good food.. The salads are excellent as are the creative salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my birthday with family at the Cooper and was not disappointed. Great food, great atmosphere. They made my special day even more so.Special Features:
- The owners & chef have a hit!RJW1PBCountyDined on 9/13/2014This place opened recently and what a great addition to the already terrific dining options in the area. Very pleased with everything from our cocktails to our apps to our entrees. Couldn't find room for coffee and dessert so we made another reservation for next week and plan on pacing ourselves.Special Features:
- Really enjoy CoopersLuv2dineDined on 9/13/2014I have been twice now to Coopers. Each dish was very tasty and filling. Their house wine is fantastic as well as their mixed drinks. they make everything in house and that day. Wait staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. There are two sections to the restaurant - one with the bar and it is really loud but fun energy and the other side is not quiet but at least you can hear each other better. Decor is eclectic and seating is very comfortable. It is not kid friendly. I will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.