4610 PGA Blvd Suite #100
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecooperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (561) 622-0032
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate a party of twelve
- Private Party Contact: Don Lullo 5616220032x
A word from The Cooper
The Cooper, Craft Kitchen & Bar provides sustainable, environmentally conscious food in a contemporary setting, with unparalleled service. Our menu is influenced and inspired by fresh ingredients that are locally sourced and mindfully prepared. Complementing our menu are thoughtfully crafted artisan cocktails. These seasonal, barrel-aged cocktails are modern interpretations of classic drinks. The Cooper also offers wines and microbrewed draft beers that are lively and international.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cooper reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (129)fit for foodies (125)neighborhood gem (111)vibrant bar scene (90)hot spot (85)good for groups (58)special occasion (49)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (32)late-night find (21)romantic (21)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (6)Show More
- First Time at CopperOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2014Great service and impressed with manager introducing himself to us and getting to know us. Loved the personal touch from our server and manager. Enjoyed the steak tartare and different preparation. The pork chop was amazing. My husband had the scallops and said that they were above average but had better. We will definitely return to try more items on the menu. This was our first time to dine at Copper but will definitely not be our last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there - fabulous experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This was our first time there. It was a delightful experience all the way around. Very seasoned, knowledgeable waiter. Food was great and the ambiance was fun and hip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Happy HourJessDined on 11/15/2014The Cooper was one of four stops on a rare-for-us night off on Saturday Night. We enjoyed 3 cocktails and 3 appetizers in high top section before 6pm. The restaurant was filling up, and the small snacks were flavorful and the drinks refreshing. We'll defiantly be back for a main meal. Frank was great, full of knowledge and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time and even betterLjknjDined on 11/14/2014Versatile menu. Very good food and variety. Good for all type eaters and big or small meal. the maple spaghetti squash was awful--tasted like it was just a bad batch--but otherwise everything was excellent. Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceEyeguyDined on 11/14/2014The restaurant has vibrant decor, an interesting menu and frat food. Sallads, appetizers delicious. Salmon,swordfish and cioppino all outstanding.Special Features:
- very goodkathycVIPDined on 11/13/2014we arrived on time hostess sat us a funny table for twon near bar and there were several tables availible near by. seating a bit cramped but we made the beat of it. Waiter came right over to greet Had ceasar salad, a bit over dressed, my husband had wedge. very good but lettuce warm. I had snapper which was delicious, husband had double pork chop we shared dessert ice box cake was just OK Next day I received email from OT saying that we missed our reservation, so called Cooper to try to explain. Not sure why hostess did not check us in as it was NOT not bust at all. Person taking call seemed confused, but I believe they fixed problem. Would go back but perhaps specify different area to sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthPalmFoodieDined on 11/8/2014Have been for lunch and dinner, two times each. Food consistently very good and friendly service. Try the pork chops....delicious!Special Features:
- New and noteworthySuzyQDined on 11/7/2014There is a very lively scene at the recently opened The Cooper. I thoroughly enjoyed the creative menu which features a lot of locally sourced foods. I would not call the noise level 'energetic' as you list above. It is very noisy, like so many restaurants are. Outdoor bar is swinging and fun. Front room is a better place for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and Quiet for Lunch!FoodieDined on 11/7/2014Truly enjoyed our lunch there. Good service, but they let us linger. I had an entree salad; the menu description sounded great, but everything came in big chunks, with 2 pieces of chicken added to the side. Tasty, but could have been presented better.Special Features:
- I would recommend with caveatbiscottiDined on 11/6/2014I've been there 3 times this week, 2 dinners and brunch. All of my meals were very good so I will return for food. That's the good news. Service has been both good and very slow, not sure if it's the kitchen or the server? The restaurant is very very noisy, it's difficult to speak to the person next to you and forget the diner across the table. The Season is just beginning so we'll see how it goes. More new restaurants to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude attitudeLocalVIPDined on 11/6/2014I made a reservation through Open Table. I let them know when I arrived. The next day I was notified that I was a no show. When I called the restaurant to tell them of the error I was blown off, told they were too busy to deal with it, that they would look into it later. I never heard back. Food was good, not great. Ditto on service. I've seen dozens of restaurants along PGA come and dozens go. Of those that went, many had good food and lovely ambiance, but in every case they thought little of the customer. If The Cooper wants to survive, they had better remember rule #1...and while they're at it, eat a little humble pie.
- Needs to Get BetterMediocrityDined on 11/4/2014The restaurants in the group located in Connecticut are much better. In fact, they are very good. The menu in The Cooper is too limited, and the preparation is only fair. If you want a good burger go to The Cooper, if you want something else, go elsewhere.
- A Standout in PBGDApp1122Dined on 10/31/2014There's tons of restaurant competition in Palm Beach Gardens, particularly along PGA Boulevard. The Cooper has the chance to be a mainstay. We live in the neighborhood and thought we'd try the place out, given it's the newest of the eateries in the middle of PGA. The restaurant is upscale, the goal being to utilize fresh local product in making the classics. The Cooper is very successful in doing so. We had great opening salads -- me, a classic Wedge; my wife, a lovely beet salad. Great apps -- stuffed peppers and deep fried olives. She had a flank steak with Maytag Blue, I had a great New York Strip perfectly prepared. Finished off with a lovely, over-the-top ice cream sundae. Nicely done and well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningduoDined on 10/31/2014Staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Our waiter, Mark, was superb. Food was great and we loved the drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choice.FlafoodieDined on 10/31/2014Choices range from basic for different for all kinds of people's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual GOOD FOOD GOOD SERVICEBossyladyDined on 10/31/2014We have been to The Cooper a number of times and are never disappointed. A neighborhood gem and our first thought for good fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnF517Dined on 10/30/2014I enjoyed the restaurant, the food and the service. The bottled water is a nice touch. Noise level is high.Special Features:
- Awesome Palm Beach Gardens gemhungrymemDined on 10/27/2014Love it, love it!! Wait staff is great. B, Sam and Carmen can't be beat!Special Features:
- great experiencefoodie22Dined on 10/24/2014The food was superb matched only by Tom's excellent service. As always, it was a pleasure to dine at The Cooper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing RightgolfgirlDined on 10/23/2014Our first night at the Cooper was a huge disappointment! Their special Manhattan was terrible and had a lemon peel instead of a cherry. The food was definitely flawed. The veggies on all four plates were cold. Two entrees were missing the menu mentioned squash. The men ordered meatloaf which the waiter said was "fantastic" and it was tasteless, needed salt and dry. Salmon was well cooked and very good. I. Admit that the hamburgers I saw looked very good, as did the hot fudge sundae. Maybe this is a place for youg skinny foodies?Special Features:
- Fine place for lunchJussyCDined on 10/22/2014Great waitress. Came for lunch and it was very pleasant. Great for a ladies lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewreserationmakerDined on 10/18/2014food was totally overpriced for the type of restaurant.....$32 for 3 scallops is a bit over the top and they weren't good. burger had to go back for being too well done.....fries were cold .... waiter was good when we asked for something but overall either too many tables or too frazzled. had been there before and liked it the first few times...times before this was "give it one more chance" gave it the chance and it failed.Special Features:
- Mussels yummygigisreviewDined on 10/17/2014Funny we had heard that the food needed more flavor it ours was great. The Brussel sprouts were wonderful and the mussels tasted so good we want to go back and get them and some wine! We split the pork chop oh my it too was wonderful. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not greatsunfun1234Dined on 10/17/2014Noise is loud, service was good. My snapper dinner was bland and for $30 it should have been special.Special Features:
- DisappointedHandPDined on 10/17/2014Started off with great expectations. Had an early reservation, the restaurant dining room was almost empty and we were sat in the noisy bar area with our teenager. We asked to move, they were pleasant and we sat at a nice table in the dining room.We ordered a nice bottle of wine and the charcuterie plate which was very good but the waiter was using a backhanded pour and spilled the wine each time.It is an understatement to say the entrees were a great disappointment.The chicken salad tasted like cooking fuel and was uneatable. The farmers plate had either burnt or uncooked vegetables and the dry aged steak special for $41, that the waiter said was prime, was tough and gristly. The manager did comp the chicken. The comped sundae was great.Special Features:
- Nice ambience; mixed on foodBIdinerDined on 10/16/20142 out of 4 meals were great. I'd stay away from the steak. Didn't seem to be high quality meat. They were out of our first choice in wineSpecial Features:
- Good lunch placeJussyCDined on 10/16/2014It was fine for our lunch meeting. There was a construction problem in parking lot. Made getting inside difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodGigiDined on 10/15/2014It was a great dining experience. Food was delicious but just barely warm.Special Features:
- CallieDined on 10/15/2014Very nice place for lunch! Popular with the locals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014Fourth time here - always great food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my parents...MsantiseDined on 10/13/2014Everything was amazing. Can't wait to go back. The drink list is awesome. Try the Name Dropper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cooper is Super!!luv2eatDined on 10/12/2014Food was great. Booth seating was a little uncomfortable (no leg room) I would highly recommend this restaurant. Service is superb.Special Features:
- noisyprofalVIPDined on 10/10/2014waiter overcharged us--too noisy-overpriced--probably need larger food selectionSpecial Features:
- Excellent choiceMeatloafDined on 10/10/2014Good food......glad to have a nice restaurant nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Fun!MSL501Dined on 10/7/2014We love coming here! It is always delicious no matter what we try. Food, service, ambience..is great! A fun, casual ,comfy place to visit. So glad it's in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great spot for entertainingHTB13VIPDined on 10/7/2014The Cooper is a great addition to the restaurants in the PGA Commons area. Whether you're entertaining clients, having a dinner out with friends or looking for a romantic evening, this is a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere with great menu selections and well prepared, fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great IntroductionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014What a great spot! Cocktail/wine program is impressive, and the food, ambience, and service were all terrific! From tuna tartare to vegetable palette to shrimp linguine, it was all excellent! Cool vibe both indoors and out.Special Features:
- Just so so ….ChristmasEveDiningDined on 10/5/2014We decided to sit outside as itwas the first cool night in a very long time. There was construction going on at the outside bar (roped off at night); therefore wasn't very pleasing to the eye. The inside tables and the restaurant itself is very appealing and looked comfy with oversized chairs and seating at some of the tables. The help was wonderful, however, the food and presentation on paddle boards, etc., made for a messy presentation and a sloppy appearance. French fries were so over done as if nuked in the microwave; making it not edible. If we were to return it would be just to sit at the outside bar (hopefully it will be finished by then) and perhaps just have a burger either inside or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Staff is great, especially bartenders. Food is fresh, great apps.Special Features:
- HAPPYChuckDined on 10/4/2014Always happy going to Cooper. Have been there 3 times since they opened this Spring , and enjoy very muchSpecial Features: