14481 Woodinville-Redmond Road NE
Woodinville, WA 98072Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecommonscafe.com/
- Phone: 4258927012
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Sa 4:00pm-12:00am
Dinner: Su 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Nolan Bartelt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Commons
Located in the heart of the Woodinville Wine District, The Commons is a neighborhood gathering place serving a wide range of seasonal comfort food and drinks in an inviting and informal setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Commons - Best Restaurants in Woodinville ›
The Commons reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (39)great for lunch (38)kid-friendly (33)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (16)special occasion (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Pretty disappointingCarolynDined on 10/5/2014We waited for 25 minutes on a Sunday morning despite having a reservation. The hostess definitely forgot about us. Other service was also inconsistent. 1 of 4 meals was great.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesPigglesDined on 10/5/2014The Commons, like most of the restaurants run by the Heavy Restaurant Group (Purple, Lot 3, Barrio) is quickly becoming one of our favorite destinations in Woodinville. We've been Purple/Lot 3 customers for years, and we get that same easy decision-making at The Commons - just assume the food and drinks will be excellent, and decide what specific ambiance you're in the mood for. Want something like a pub? Lot 3. Like a wine bar? Purple. Like a cafe? Commons. We've never been disappointed at any of them, and we'll keep going back as long as they'll have us.Special Features:
- Perfect Woodinville BrunchSEAfoodieMRVIPDined on 9/27/2014We stopped in at The Commons prior to our day of wine-tasting in the neighborhood. The location is perfect situated right next to a bunch of tasting rooms in the Tourist District, and their food is hearty enough to last you through a day of wine drinking :) I ordered the breakfast burrito and it was definitely one of the best I've ever had. My boyfriend got the Pork Belly biscuit sandwich, and he enjoyed it, but it might have been a bit rich for breakfast. We'll definitely be back our next time in Woodinville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy DinnerJoeJoeDined on 9/20/2014Jokingly we decided that the best way to describe The Commons is Yuppy Dinner... Food is always amazing, but beware odf the noise level. This time we got there at 12:30 on a Saturday and we could not hear each othe'rs conversations... Great coffee, great mimosas...Special Features:
- Lots of menu choicesseamomDined on 9/15/2014Drove by on a Friday night, parking was ridiculous. So instead tried it out on a Monday afternoon. Did get reservations through Open Table. It was busy, but not terribly busy. Food was pretty good. We were all a little grossed out at all the flies in the restaurant, not sure why there wasn't anything to deter them? I would check them out again.Special Features:
- Nice placeFlacesarioDined on 9/11/2014I don't find many dinner options in Redmond to meet friends. This place in Woodinville is eclectic with decent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Friendly ServiceFlosserDined on 9/10/2014The Commons has a great vibe. The food is fresh with great presentation and bursting with flavor. The staff and service are accommodating and friendly. The parking might be a challenge if you don't get there early enough since it is in a strip center. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Had a great evening at The Commons. I had requested to be seated at a larger two-top table (not on top of the next table!) and they wondefully complied with that request. It was a beautiful evening. ;-)Special Features:
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I have never had such hard french fries in my life - for two orders of fish n chips we could have put a tank of gas in our car!!! So expensive !! Way overpriced! Will not be returning.
- Super fresh food prepared well!CarolynDined on 8/30/2014Great place to get fresh, delicious food. Who knew a spinach strawberry salad could taste so good? Not good for conversation since so loud, but good if you have kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service, stuffy roomSeatechDined on 8/24/2014Nice place. Food was very good, service was great. Maybe their air conditioning was not working.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014All 4 of us really enjoyed the food at The Commons. It's the 2nd time we've been, and both times, the food, service, and overall experience has been excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Took a group if nine, great service, made it easy to accommodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Burger in Washingtonmreph7Dined on 8/23/2014The Commons in Woodinville sits in the middle of "wine country" with all of its fancy window dressings but and it's the straight-forward Commons' House Burger that is the show stopper. The Commonsis the perfect pre-wine tour stop to load up for brunch (they have a fantastic drink list) and since they serve breakfast all day, you can enjoy a mid-afternoon bacon and eggs that is simply stupendous. Without a doubt though, their House Burger is the best item on the menu. While not over the top in any fashion (but still large), the garlic aeoli, the jalepenos, the bacon and the Beechers cheese all compliment the natural beef and the amazingly fresh bun that bookends this masterpiece. Bon appetit with a little WA Cab or a Triplehorn IPA!Special Features:
- Mostly greatMattiVIPDined on 8/17/2014the brunch and lunch selections are mostly great, with good ideas that are well executed. A few things are inconsistent with this, though (that chickpea salad was just plain bad - so oversalted that no other flavor is possible). The biscuits are downright amazing, but the jam is far too tart. The cinnamon rolls are also excellent, if perhaps a little dry, which seems to be the case for every restaurant cinnamon roll I've ever tried. Overall, though, it's a solid place for breakfast or lunch. Service can be a little flighty and slow, but not worth passing on the restaurant. Just bring your patience.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Thought the $8 was pricey for the size of our champaine glasses! Our egg scramble was a little watery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not That Impressed!FCFrequentDinerDined on 8/9/2014Finally stopped in for dinner last night. Was able to make a last-minute reservation for 4 @ 7 pm. My husband had a burger and wasn't too impressed. Our friends had shrimp tacos and thought they were "so-so". I ordered the spinach & strawberry salad with goat cheese ($12) and had chicken added ($6). The salad arrived in a rather small bowl and the spinach they used was way past it's prime to the point of being slimy. When our server checked on us I let her know that the spinach was bad..her response.."I'll let them know"...?? Nothing else! So I ended up paying $18 bucks for a dinky salad with slimy spinach. Won't be back any time soon!
- conversation difficultchatchewDined on 8/8/2014Probably to be expected on a Friday evening but the noise level surprised me. I had thought that conversation would be possible but was disappointed. The food and service were reasonable as was the beverage service but, unfortunately, it couldn't overcome the noisy environment.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed a great dinner at The Commons. Food was outstanding and so was the service.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedflavorcraverDined on 7/29/2014My mother-in-law and I grabbed dinner here and were impressed with the menu. It's not often you find a restaurant that offers breakfast lunch and dinner, and produces quality food. We can't wait to go back. As an interior designer I loved the layout and finishes. As a pregnant mother, I was impressed with the fact that the restroom had a full changing table in it (not the cheap plastic fold down kind) complete with complementary diapers if you are in a bind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star eats in Hollywood Hills..BobPDined on 7/25/2014After stopping by at Tully's for years in Woodinville's Tourist Area, it is nice to see it replaced by an establishment that not only offers a nice selection of American food fare, but also one that doubles as a coffee shop, and triples as a date night bar. Very welcome star attraction to the ever-changing, very popular, Hollywood Hill section of Woodinville.Special Features:
- fun restaurantginaDined on 7/24/2014I have eaten here a few times and thought it would be perfect for a mom's night out (which rarely happens). Our reservation was for 7pm and our waiter just seemed annoy with us from the start. He kept bringing the check to us (never offered dessert, coffee, another round). We felt very rushed and we're looking forward to enjoying a nice meal without kids but unfortunately he sort of put a damper on that for us. We definitely won't be spending a night out there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantitaliansmithVIPDined on 7/6/2014Just as good as always - highly recommend. Plus this time we sat on the back patio because it was such a nice day - couldn't have had a better time.Special Features:
- Food and Noise LevelbackdoorcoupleDined on 6/27/2014FOOD: PRICED way HIGH! Brussels sprouts were half and whole sprouts (menu said sliced) and very hard (flavor was very good). Whiskey Burger was not seasoned well. No Salt & Pepper on the table. Veggie Hash was not seasoned well. Mushrooms seemed old in the Veggie Hash. NOISE: The noise level at 6:30 PM was horribly loud. Noise was many decibels higher than say a Red Robbin. We could not have a conversation even at the little table by the back door. We might (MAYBE) try to stop in for lunch another time, or not! Management appeared to be concerned about cleanliness. Staff were cleaning tables and sweeping the floor after customers left, rather than just letting the food pile up under the table, as a lot of eateries do.
- Happy hour time.Luv2dineDined on 6/27/2014Their happy hour time is when I normally like to go with friends. But this time, I noticed they had few drinks in $4 category. They changed it and added them in a $6 categ. More food options in the happy hour wood be good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but slooooow serviceCommanderAmericaDined on 6/23/2014Food was pretty good; I had a burger and my wife had the shrimp tacos. Both kids (5 & 9) ordered off of the kids menu and enjoyed their food, too. Fresh squeezed lemonade was a real treat; not to sweet, not too tart. But, just be prepared for slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoofieDined on 6/22/2014We had seen a review for this restaurant on the PBS show "CheckPlease" and were excited to have a new restaurant to try in Woodinville. We had reservations and only had to wait 10 minutes to be seated, but after ordering we waited over 30 minutes for the food to arrive. We were hosting guests from Florida and were unable to converse, the noise level was so high. We noticed people arriving after us at a nearby table had received their order so after 30 or 40 minutes I asked our waitress to check on our order. We had ordered vegetarian scramble (which had been raved about on the tv review) Though the portion was huge, it was bland and disappointing, not worth the long wait.
- Great environment!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Surrounded by many wineries, it was a great stopping point for dinner. We really enjoyed the atmosphere. I describe it to people as Ma's home cooking with a modern atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the The Commons reviews archive.
- DinerdiversewineDined on 6/20/2014Great homemade food in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for better next timeLunchtimeFoodieDined on 6/9/2014The Commons has great potential: location, menu, bar selection, and vibe. The service was disappointing, my pear & goat cheese salad lacked 'pears', and the indoor dining was very noisy. I'm sure it was an off day, and I will definitely give them a second chance in the near future.Special Features:
- They make things rightMomLovesBrunchDined on 6/9/2014My hanger steak & eggs was great, and the mimosa flight divine. My friend ordered a burger, which did not come out of the kitchen as ordered (both egg & burger were over cooked). They took it away, and offered a pastry in the interim, which was a lovely offer. The 2nd burger came out over cooked as well (benefit of the doubt on the patty because we didn't expect that our waitress had x-ray vision, but the sunny-side egg coming out hard fried should have been a clue), but my friend was too hungry to wait for another. They took the burger off the ticket, which felt fair, and we tipped generously because everyone has an off day now & again. We'll be back, but we probably won't order another burger. ;-) Luckily, there are so many other choices!Special Features:
- Great serviceQ31xDined on 6/8/2014The service was fast. We had our meals less than five minutes after we ordered. The portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fooddmar62Dined on 6/7/2014This was our second trip to the restaurant. We returned because the food was outstanding and we were looking forward to trying some more of the menu items. Food continued to be outstanding but the noise in the dining room was deafening. Almost to the painful level. There was no way to carry on a conversation with person across from you without being on verge of yelling. Food is great - Extremely noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food and Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014We recently had a family birthday dinner there. Reservations were for 5:15 on Saturday evening. Table was ready. Service and food was excellent, even two desserts. Noise level is high, if weather permits I'd suggest outside dining. I've eaten here 3 times so food and service out weigh noise level. Just be aware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLTANikiDined on 5/30/2014The BLTA is fabulous, especially with the buttermilk buscuit "bread"!Special Features:
- Casual Dining - Gourmet CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014This is a fun spot in the Woodinville Wine country/cooridor where you can dine casually and get a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food lovely atmosphereFoodieDined on 5/27/2014Friendly hostess seated us promptly. Wait staff was attentive, friendly and well versed with menu. Started off with brussels sprouts and squash soup. Sprouts were mixed with bacon and maple syrup I've had better served shredded which removes the chewy part which was left in here adding bitterness. The squash soup was tasty which I finished before I dove into my lamb tacos. Tacos were yummy just right amount of sauce and not overly spicy. My friend had the chicken pot pie and loved the deconstruction, nice flat my biscuit. We shared an espresso salted Carmel which melted deliciously in our mouths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Why are all the choices "great"or "hot" Commons was fine, really good food, standard service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch spotFoodtripperDined on 5/25/2014Good brunch, lunch or coffee spot. Presentation and the ambiance were the high points. Not particularly friendly or exceptional food. Worth a stop if in the area but not a destination restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for breakfast or lunchMiriamVIPDined on 5/19/2014Food was good and portions large. But eat outside if you can. Very noisy insideSpecial Features: