The Common - College Park Marriott
3501 University Blvd. E
Hyattsville, MD 20783Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Common - College Park Marriott
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thecommoncollegepark.com/
- Phone: 3019857300x
- Hours of Operation:
Breatfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00 pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Diego Fernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz on Fridays beginning March 2014!
- Special Events: Graduation, Anniversary or Birthday Celebrations. We offer special menus for parties of 20 or more. Contact us for more information and to make your large group reservation!
- Cross Street: Adelphi Rd., Campus Dr.
- Public Transit: The Marriott Inn and Conference Center hotel shuttle will offer service to / from the Prince Georges Plaza Metro Station. Restaurant adjacent to Metro Bus stop for the F6, F4, R3, C8 buses on Campus Drive. The University of Maryland student shuttle stop on Campus Drive.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary garage parking adjacent to restaurant.
A word from The Common - College Park Marriott
Welcome to The Common, where great minds gather. Located in the College Park Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, this convivial gathering place is the ideal location to gather after a busy day to recharge and relax. Serving contemporary American cuisine in a warm and inviting space reminiscent of a traditional English Public House, The Common espouses all that is great about pub culture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Common - College Park Marriott - Best Restaurants in Hyattsville ›
The Common - College Park Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (15)good for groups (13)special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Uncommonly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I visited this restaurant solely because of the reviews in Open Table. We were looking for somewhere different than our normal spots for Sunday dinner. This is the conference center restaurant at or near the University of Maryland University College buildings. I never paid attention to the "Marriott" on the building that fronts on Adelphi Road before specifically looking for it. Gaining access to the building can be confusing to those unfamiliar with the place. Garage parking was free on the day (Sunday) we visited, which was also before students moved back to campus and win no events scheduled in the conference center. It was worth the trip. My crab cakes were tasty and packed with lump meat. I recommend the flatbread appetizer.Special Features:
- Good for business lunchesFBBQDined on 8/14/2014Exceptionally helpful staff. Willing to take our orders ahead of time and send the food out of the kitchen immediately. Almost no problems even though we changed our seat count and food orders about 4 times. The food is perfectly decent. Although it's not anything to get excited about, it is without a doubt the best option near the university.Special Features:
- Business lunchbusilunchDined on 8/6/2014We held a business lunch there and the staff was very accommodating, service excellent. The accommodations were excellent - and the room was quiet enough for us to talk. Ordered crab sandwiches, salads - all very good. Perfect for our meeting.Special Features:
- New lunchtime fav!OHM1Dined on 7/18/2014If you have not been for a while, stop in and enjoy the completely renovated, expanded and modernized Marriott hotel dining area on the edge of the Univ of Maryland campus. Perfect spot for lunch, happy hour or late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great July 4th!GoodFunDined on 7/4/2014Our group of seven enjoyed the ample and tasty buffet with outstanding desserts, the ambiance, and especially free parking and excellent seats for enjoying fireworks. Also, we've visited on other occasions to hear live music and enjoyed very good selections from the regular menu and moderately priced drinks. There seemed to be a limited number of servers on July 4 which resulted in quite long wait times for beverages. However, server was pleasant and responsive to requests. Suggest that the wine and drink menu be presented to diners at the outset so there are no surprises after being served the most expensive selection when another less costly choice is available. Overall, we all thought that we enjoyed a great fun evening! Hope to return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Hotel RestauranttoddDined on 6/24/2014I normally shy away from restaurants attached to hotels, but The Common is definitely worth a visit. Nicely remodeled, and the food was really good. I can recommend the salmon, and the steak was nice, too. Great place to hang out for an evening if you're in the area.Special Features:
- Wouldn't brunch there againterpblondiDined on 6/15/2014We've had great experience staying at the College Park Marriott, and were excited to take my dad there for Father's Day. However, the brunch just had rough service - especially the buffet. People were waiting and waiting for food, and it took a while to get anything from our waitress. The food was good, the restaurant was lovely, but it wasn't a good pick for a busy weekend.
- Graduation lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/22/2014We ate at the commons for lunch on graduation day as did many other large parties. They were well staffed and prepared for the rush. Champagne was served to everyone entering and waiting, a very nice touch. Service was prompt, but, not rushed. A full menu was offered and everyone in our party enjoyed the meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to celebrate or just dine in the College Park, MD area.Special Features:
- Great Renovation!mah123Dined on 5/22/2014The new and improved restaurant is a real treat. We dined in the Commoms with a large group 2 times during UMD's graduation ceremonies. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied customers. The food is very good, and fairly prices. My husband LOVES the french toast(breakfast menu)! You should not hesitate to dine in the Commons while staying at this Marriott.Special Features:
- Traditional Dining SpotEricDined on 5/20/2014The atmosphere was somewhat cold but very traditional. I wanted to add some large paintings to bare walls or some live plants to the decor. The food was small in portion and very expensive. The hotel rooms at this Marriott which is on the campus of University of Maryland, College Park are also very expensive, much higher that any other hotel in the area. The food was good, we had a salads; greens with beans and chicken and a wedge with salmon. Our bill was over $50.00 for a two salad lunch and ice tea.Special Features:
- An enjoyable eveningTerpStaffDined on 5/3/2014Our group of 5 enjoyed dinner on Saturday night. I started with a nice glass of Bordy white, and continued with the grilled salmon and greens, which was excellent. We finished with coffee, an outstanding cup, with free refills. We also were grateful for the 10% discount for those with Smith Center tickets. My only wish was that the restaurant might have been quieter. We were seated near the bar area and it was a little difficult to hear people at the other end of the table.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the The Common - College Park Marriott reviews archive.
- Great Place, great pricenetoDined on 4/28/2014Finally a good place to eat in the UMD campus. Food was excellent, service was even better.
- Hits the right noteVah9001Dined on 4/24/2014This restaurant at the Marriott at the. University of Maryland is just the right combination of upscale and casual. The decor is fresh and welcoming. The menu is dominated by variations on crab-- soup, sliders, sandwiches, salads, etc but also has a nice array of other options. I had a nice and juicy turkey and guacamole sandwich this time, while my dining partners had crab sandwiches. We were all happy with our food. And the French fries were really really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter outingdedicated5Dined on 4/20/2014My Mom and I had a reservation for 1:30pm on Easter. Our waiter was very attentive and polite. The food was very good. We had chicken gumbo and the chicken paillard. Delicious! We ordered mashed potatoes with the chicken, realizing it would probably be an extra charge, but when the bill came, we were surprised to learn that it was $10. Had we known this, we would not have ordered them. Despite this, we would definitely return! It is such a nice place with good food, good atmosphere and a very nice staff. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamburgers were aweful, theySuesDined on 3/28/2014Hamburgers were aweful, they were very flat and tasted like the frozen patties from Costco
- Loud MusicKJR525Dined on 3/28/2014We had to have our assigned table changed, because we were too close to the music. We encountered some resistance from the staff when we asked to be moved, but, ultimately, we were moved and enjoyed a lovely evening.Special Features:
- A nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014We had a delicious meal here. Everything we ordered was delicious. We enjoyed the sausage flatbread, hummus and sweet potato chips for appetizers. We ordered the meatloaf, strip steak and rigatoni for entrees. The food was excellent, tasty and flavorful. The staff was happy to accomodate special requests such as the addition of spinach or sausage to the rigatoni. All things that made our meal perfect. I highly recommend it and will definitely be returning in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining in College ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2014My husband and I have had lunch here twice with friends, and we will go back often. The food is well prepared, and the ambience is comfortable and warm in a classy way. The crab soup is outstanding, the salads are fresh and the lunchtime menu has enough choices to please just about anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Park MarriottmichaelgallagherDined on 2/18/2014The service was outstanding. That flat bread crab pizza was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast...KateDined on 2/1/2014I was meeting with UMD roommates, some I hadn't seen in 40 years. It was just for breakfast, so I can't speak to most of the menu, or service for a large group. But the staff was accommodating and attentive, and since the purpose of our gathering was to catch up after so much time, the ambiance and the good staff were really what mattered to us. I had the egg-white omelette, and it was okay, served with what appeared to be packaged (frozen?) home fries. I switched the cheese from goat to Swiss for my omelette, and they just draped a big slab of melted Swiss over the top. My friend's pancakes were typical institutional doughy, but the serving of bacon was very generous. I will likely return, and will try dinner menu.
- Capricorn BirthdayLadyDined on 1/14/2014My friends and I really enjoyed the ambience and the food. When a few of us arrived first, there was no host at the front for a few shirt moments so we made ourselves comfortable by hanging our coats on the coat hanger, which ii think is a nice touch. I would def come back for a romantic date, group occasion or to kick it at the bar with other professionals. It's too bad I'm moving out of the area soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing improvement!BethesdaGalVIPDined on 12/11/2013I hadn't been at the Marriott Inn & Conference Center since this new eating area, The Common, opened. It's absolutely wonderful, with very stylish decor, a solid menu, good service - and fun! It has a trendy feel, but also is comfortable. There are a number of different types of seating arrangements. I will be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening for the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/7/2013Took a large group for dinner including 5 kids. The wait staff was very accommodating and efficient. The food is quite good. The crabcake sliders were a hit - lots of crab meat. The french fries were outstanding. The space is quite lovely - sleek and bright design, lots of space between the tables. We dined early and it was not very crowded so the noise level was perfect. When the large bar gets full, I can imagine that it gets very "lively". Happy to have another good choice for dinner in the Hyattsville area.
- Rest. cancelled res. after diningBanashreeVIPDined on 11/8/2013Had a pre-concert dinner at the Common. Took some time to get the attention of the staff and to get seated. The food and cocktail drinks were plenty and good. Environment was noisy because of the adjacent bar. One aspect of our visit that angered us was that although we were checked in and did receive our OT points while dining, subsequently we received email cancelling our reservation. We called immediately and the situation was not rectified. We finally had to contact OT directly to receive the dining points. This is unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBrophDined on 11/2/2013I booked this venue for a surprise birthday breakfast. The venue is lovely and the staff really helped us pull off the surprise. The good was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bright,open space able toduck17Dined on 10/12/2013bright,open space able to handle large groups. very good mussels, crab soupSpecial Features:
- Before Performance...YCSHDined on 9/6/2013Enjoyed the atmosphere and delicious food just prior to attending a performance at the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center at the University of Maryland, recently. Looking forward to returning... Fish and Chips were a great deal and very filling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place in College Park!MMc9156Dined on 8/20/2013Had dinner to give The Common a try. Enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and the service. The crab soup was tasty, with plenty of crab meat; and the mushroom flatbread delicious! Enjoyed a soda with dinner, but noticed a nice selection of local and seasonal draft beers at the bar. Also saw information on their Ultimate Tailgate before UM home football games on the chalk boards at the bar; sounds like a great time. Check it out!Special Features:
- Nice to have in the 'hoodLREVSDined on 8/13/2013We went to The Common during Restaurant Week - enjoyed caesar salad, salmon with greens (tasty but a bit stalky) and shared warm yummy cobbler with ice cream. Service was very slow though waitress was terrific -- I think the kitchen is just slow. The space is quite beautiful -- we sat in leather chairs that were comfortable with pillow. Some of the seating has folks sitting against the wall - less comfortable. Bar was a bit noisy, but felt lively and did not hinder our conversation. Much better than what I'd expect from a hotel restaurant -- we'll go back, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Hard to findYummoDined on 7/19/2013There was no signage inside or outside of the hotel, conference center or restaurant. The sausage on the flatbread pizza had little flavor or kick and crust was very chewy. The pita app was very yummy as was the lemon macaroon for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2013What a great find! We decided to try The Commons on the 4th of July. They prepared an amazing buffet of foods--the short ribs were the best I've ever tried. The restaurant is decorated in a clean modern style and there are many large tables to accommodate large groups. Although we did not sit at the bar area, it looked like it would be a fun place to hang out during Happy Hour. It's next to the University of Maryland campus, it's a great place to visit or lunch, dinner or just to gather for drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.