The Colosseum Restaurant
264 North Broadway
Salem, NH 03079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Colosseum Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecolosseumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6038981190
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: Closed Tuesday: 11:30am – 3pm 4pm – 9:45pm Wednesday: 11:30am – 3pm 4pm – 9:45pm Thursday: 11:30am – 3pm 4pm – 9:45pm Friday: 11:30am – 3pm 4pm – 10:45pm Saturday: Noon – 10:45pm Sunday: 11:30am– 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Annibale Todesca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full or half trays of all the food items listed on our menu. We provide both pick-up or delivery. We can also handle special request, please call for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private room that can accommodate up to 50 people. Parties over 20 guest will require a $100.00 deposit and parties over 30 people will require a $200 deposit that will be latter deducted off the final bill. Parties with 50+ or more guest can be seated in our main dining room but will require a room charge. Please call for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Todesca 6038981190
- Entertainment: We have a live piano bar Tuesdays & Fridays from 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Special Events: We entertain all types of parties, rehearsal, or birthdays etc. Please call for more information.
A word from The Colosseum Restaurant
The Colosseum Restaurant is an award-winning Italian restaurant offering elegant surroundings and exquisite Southern Italian cuisine. Opened in 1987 by Chef Annibale Todesca, the Colosseum has become an established favorite for diners in Salem, NH and the Merrimack Valley. Chef Annibale Todesca serves the same authentic Southern Italian cooking that he enjoyed growing up in Italy. Like many generations of Todescas, he ventures to the market every day to ensure that he cooks with only the freshest vegetables, seafood and highest quality meats. Please stop by for lunch or dinner. It will be our pleasure to serve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Colosseum Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ColleseumcamplouDined on 10/4/2014Had not been here in a long time and pleasantly surprised with food. Service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 9/21/2014The service was enjoyable. We had 3 different dishes. The salmon was very good. The seafood risotto was good but the tripe with noodles was not that great. The home made noodles were overcooked and the tomato sauce was not great either.
- Tableside Caesar SaladfudgbugDined on 9/20/2014The tableside Caesar Salad is always very good. Good food and service as always.
- Family DinnerswizzlestickDined on 9/20/2014This was our third visit. We had six people in our party. Service was great and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicefudgbugDined on 9/6/2014My grandson in law is Italian and loves the food at this restaurant. He likes the Rice Balls and chicken parmesan. I like the Veal Saltinbocca and other veal dishes. Tableside Caesar Salad is a nice touch. Service is always great.
- The following 185 reviews are from the The Colosseum Restaurant reviews archive.
- Birthday DinnerBoston1italianDined on 6/19/2014From my appetizer to dinner then dessert I was I awe of the taste portions and quality. Looking forward to my next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone Down HillAMcoupleVIPDined on 5/31/2014Server said hi then took a very long time to wait on us. Bread but no complementary bruschetta.Very Long Wait for our food.Server didn’t write down our order. The drinks took a Very Long Time & one was wrong. Server couldn’t remember what we order & had to ask again. Server Cleared the table before our main course came out. We said something, the server then brought out a dish right away.Server said it was going to take a while they hadn't put the order in.The dish came out within seconds.It Wasn’t what we originally ordered. It was Terrible.The check also took for Forever.It wasn't busy for a Saturday.That should have been a first clue.We have been coming for years to the Colosseum following them from their old location.We will not be back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Went for our 23rd anniversary and was very pleased! great food + service. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantMamaLoomerDined on 5/24/2014The food at this restaurant is outstanding! Freshly prepared, perfectly seasoned and delivered by a courteous efficient wait staffSpecial Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Food at The Colosseum is exceptionally good. Can't go wrong either for lunch or dinner. Shrimp dishes a bit pricey but that is to be expected with current market prices being high as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The food, service and ambiance was excellent. The booths are a little snug and the background music (60's 70's) was not obtrusive but not consistent with the ambiance. Classical Italian music would have been better. We have been going to the Colosseum a couple of time a year since it first opened 15/20 years ago and have never been disappointment.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable dinner. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014A very enjoyable dinner. We requested a quiet table near window and we got it. The service was great. Would def. return.Special Features:
- Saturday Night at the ColosseumBillDined on 1/4/2014Made reservations through open table and it worked out well. Arrived a few minutes late however we were promply seated. The waiter was very attentitive and our food arrived in a timely manner. Outstanding quality and the portions were a little larger than the last time we were there several years ago. The server offered several suggestions as to wine and apps and we took him up on those and we were not disappointed. Overall, a very pleasant experience and we will go back again and recommend this place to others. We also noticed that the bar had some entertainment and we will keep this in mine for the future as it looked very warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Dining with KidsAnakaliaDined on 1/4/2014I frequent the Colliseum with my 9 1/2 and 4 1/2 year olds daughters. It is our favorite spot for Mommy date night! The waitstaff is also so pleasant they are always so accommodating, food arrives promptly and everyone leaves happy with a full belly and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time customerPatsyDined on 12/31/2013Our 1st time visit & on New Years Eve. Very impressed with all the dinners & all were absolutely delicious. The place was packed but we were not rushed. Our waiter was very polite & courteous. Water glasses were promptly refilled without asking. Noticed the owner visiting tables where he could get to them. A return visit is in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2013This restaurant has an amazing menu. I counted thirteen (13) different veal dishes alone. The food was excellent. The service was excellent. The wine list was decent and the price was, well, on the high side. All in all, excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome menu & food is authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/7/2013Awesome menu & food is authentic and outstanding. Highly recommended. We always go to the Colosseum after shopping in Salem. See you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We use to visit this restaurantluv2eatDined on 12/5/2013We use to visit this restaurant quite often; however, we haven't been in quiete some time. Feel something is lost menu is very pricey. Food is good but doesn't stand out like in years past!Special Features:
- If you don't mind waiting,LoveItalienDined on 11/16/2013If you don't mind waiting, even with a reservation, the food is good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff at ColoseumMarilynDined on 11/3/2013The wait staff at Coloseum is attentive and professional.Special Features:
- The food is always very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013The food is always very good and they try and make You are specialSpecial Features:
- a good time3188Dined on 10/23/2013Everything was elegant, our service, table placement, drinks and especially food. We all enjoyed ourselves and have talked about it since. Great time, looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!love2eatVIPDined on 10/12/2013We found this place on OpenTable after not getting a table at our usual Italian resturant. This turned out to be a better overall experience. The food was excellent and the staff was friendly and the owners were especially welcoming to the elders. One note is that the food takes time to come and there is a "disclaimer" on the menu! But when it arrives, it is worth the wait. This will now be our go-to place when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time another charmrek2elecDined on 10/11/2013This was our third time at this restaurant and it still is amazing. Complimentary appitizers, afordable drinks and wine, entrees are special, Haddock Aqua was superb. Service was right on time and very special. ( attention to details of our date ). Highly reccomend this restaurant to romantic couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy mealFoodieDined on 10/10/2013The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed. We enjoyed everything we ordered. The baked mozzarella with pomodoro sauce was delicious and the Caesar salad was crisp. The homemade fettucini noodles in a carbonara sauce were very tasty. Equally good was the lobster ravioli in a vodka cream sauce. We finished off our meal with chocolate cake, which was quite good.Special Features:
- A+ ExperiencePhenomFoodDined on 9/29/2013I took my wife to The Colosseum Restaurant for our 1st year wedding anniversary. I had been there once before when I was younger and I still remembered how good the food was from 15 years ago! The dessert was like nothing I had ever tasted before and stuck with me to this day. Our experience was just as good as the first. Great food, great service at a reasonable price. They pull off flavors like I've not had anywhere else. Would highly recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and wait staff werejacksgirlDined on 9/28/2013The food and wait staff were both excellent. I would go back.Special Features:
- Good ValueSalemVisitDined on 9/27/2013My husband had the veal parm and I had the veal Romolo and Remo. Both were good. We shared a bottle of wine that was very reasonably priced for a resaurant. Dessert was excellent and the service was very good. Overall, a good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badAliKevDined on 9/25/2013The food was good, not hot but it was good. Service was not good, our server kept forgetting us and forgot to bring drinks like 3x's so that wasn't pleasant. This place is probably better for groups than a couple. Looked like the group had no rpblem getting good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAnnieDined on 9/24/2013We chose The Colosseum because we wanted to have a wide variety of Italian foods to choose from. The menu is varied enough to accommodate all tastes and desires. The food was excellent and our servers were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eightotis0726Dined on 9/21/2013Service was wonderful. Several appetizers were enjoyed by all. Dinners were shared and received great reviews by all. Can't wait to go again. Some in the group had never been but, are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, but over hyped...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2013My wife and I were greeted promptly and seated right away and the server was quite friendly and amicable. The food was good but definitely not as good as was hyped by all the advertising. They have awards plastered across the building entrance which seems tacky. The appetizers were good although the octopus was tough. The veal was lacking in some texture (all very one soft note) although flavorful. The pasta was good with hearty portions of seafood but the sauce was runny. Dessert was horrid. I had a cannoli which tasted that sort of chrunchy soft texture from being left out too long. The filling was too artificial and was lacking richness. I got a chocolate cake instead (from a Mass. bakery) and OMG was it poor quality. Old+artificial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsBuddhaPepeDined on 8/8/2013The atomsphere was pleasant, the background music appropriate, the menu (and pricing) reasonable. We both enjoyed different versions of a veal dish and each tasted superb. Cooked perfectly and seasoned for what I suspect is authentic Italian flavors. If I were to point out two drawbacks: 1) some of the tables and chairs were wobbily, we had to change table and a chair to be more comfortable, but the staff was very cordial in accommodating our choices; 2) With the fresh bread - I enjoy a good seasoned dipping oil and not just butter pats, this was provided when we asked for it but was the one low spot in the entire meal. Overall - it was a plesant experience and I would go back again, especially on a Thursday - its $5 martini night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerHeatherDined on 7/12/2013I decided to take my husband out without the kids for his birthday. It was perfect. Piano player who sounded like Frank Sinatra, attentive service and amazing food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of ItalyFrancescoDined on 5/25/2013The service was very good and the meals were enjoyed by our guests. The owner visited our table several times and offered a complimentary limoncello after dinner. I would recommend this restaurant !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had hopedfussyeater1Dined on 5/19/2013The meal lacked flavor. I had Chicken Francese. This is my favorite dish and I tend to have it at all restaurants. There was plenty, but not flavorfull. I took the leftover home, doctored it up with a quick butter, flour and wine sauce added and it was good. You can not just add lemon to this dish and expect it to be good!
- We have been to the Colosseum,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013We have been to the Colosseum, Salem, NH many times. On every occasion we have not been disappointed. The food and service were all excellent. And I received a rose for Mothers Day!Special Features:
- Very nice!DiningOutDined on 5/11/2013When we got to the restaurant our Open Table reservation was not in their reservation system. When I showed them my confirmation email from Open Table, they were very helpful and found us a table for 4. Mother's Day dinner out was very nice! Meal and service were very good and Mom was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and good. Enjoyed thevioletbleuDined on 5/4/2013Fresh and good. Enjoyed the homemade pasta. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not ImpressedJeffDined on 5/3/2013Heard so much about this restaurant but for the price was just not over whelmed (spent almost $200 and did not even have a bottle of wine). Drove over 45 minutes to get there, went with another couple whom had not been there, and when we left we were just not that impressed. The food was just OK, appetizers were the best part of the meal, so do not believe we will be back.Special Features: