The Coast Grill
1109 Noyac Road
Southampton, NY 11968Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Coast Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecoastgrill.com/
- Phone: 6312832277
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 Days 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brian Cheewing
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dinners, BBQ, Lobster bakes.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private dining room available.
- Private Party Contact: Stacy Cheewing 6312832277
A word from The Coast Grill
New owners Brian and Stacy Cheewing have re done this old favorite overlooking Wooley Pond in Southampton. Offering New American Seafood with emphasis on "local" fare. A romantic dinner watching the sunset or a casual bite from our bar menu, there is something for everyone. Voted "Best Comeback" by Zagats 2011/12Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Coast Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (16)special occasion (13)romantic (12)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- My favorite in neighborhoodAlessandraVIPDined on 9/5/2014Brian the chef and the owner is doing a great job. If you know the Hampton style you will love this place. The harbor view, the sunset, the good food, the great music playlist. I passed by in front millions times without knowing how nice this place was. I look forward to come back and to get again a great cocktail thanks a new great barman, Mike. AlessandraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatFinedinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Some great specials and some really great staples on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware 20% Service ChargeFinickyDinerVIPDined on 8/28/2014The bill for our party of 5 included a 20% service charge that our waiter made no mention of when he brought the credit card receipt around for signing with the blank space in which to include the tip. Often see (and expect) service charges added in for larger parties (usually more than 6 or 8) and stated as such on the menu, but this one took us by surprise. Hoping that this is a new policy of theirs (or better yet, a mistake) and not a longstanding practice, as we've been going to the Coast Grill for years and have been unknowingly double-tipping if the latter. In any case, the waiter's failure to mention it reflects poorly on him and the restaurant.Special Features:
- Cleanliness and Service IssuesMarkTimeDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant overlooks a marina and has the potential for being a lovely spot. However, it is really a turn off to be sitting by the window watching several big black flies buzzing while you're trying to enjoy your meal and the view. Service was inattentive, clearly understaffed (or else they just don't care). Food was good but I wouldn't go back here nor would I recommend it to a friend.
- MarkDined on 8/25/2014loved it the last time we went there, this time we had the most inattentive waiter I have ever had, we did get them to change waiters to an excellent one, but the night was already ruined
- Always GoodSaildknyDined on 8/23/2014So I've been coming here for the better part of 15 years... Beautiful view of Wooleys pond and a great experience everytime... Pepper crusted Tuna is amazing and the specials are always a big WOWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, mediocre food.NYNYGIraffeDined on 8/18/2014I had dinner recently at the Coast Grill. I really liked the ambiance. There is a lovely view of the boats in the marina next door. The Hamptons have become so airbrushed these days that it was nice being in a place that had more of a casual, old-fashioned feel. The service was caring and professional. The only problem was that the food was just not that good. We split the crab meat appetizer, and then had the seared sesame tuna and the roast chicken. None of it was that great. What was good was the banana chocolate bread pudding that we split for dessert. We went on lobster night, but did not order the lobster. That may have been our big mistake. It may be one of those places where you have to know what to order.Special Features:
- nangeecorpDined on 8/17/2014I was pleasantly surprised that the food was so good.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We ate at this restaurant years ago and was pleased then. However, it's no longer worth the expense. The service was very slow and the food was only mediocre. We asked for more bread and never got it. We will not be back.
- Ambiance over substanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We ordered fluke and salmon. Both were bland with no taste or seasoning. Price did not match the meal.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE!!RG123Dined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was out of all the food I want. No crab, no branzino and no chicken! I ordered a salad with goat cheese and they replaced it with blue cheese without even telling me. The filet mignon was cold and hard and the paella was dry. I would never dine here again. The waiter was also awful. The service was very lacking and the manager could care less. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!Special Features:
- ChetDined on 7/17/2014A great place for fantastic seafood. I've been coming to this restaurant for over 25 years and I'm always very pleased. Nice people without the oppressive "Hampton's scene!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrisDined on 7/12/2014Saturday night, it was busy but we did not have to wait for our table. Service was good, food tasty and although it was a bit noisy the beautiful sunset made up for it. A lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great placeMarkDined on 7/12/2014Haven't been here in 15 years, it will be one of my favorites. We wanted the chef's choice, but the Brian (the chef)came out & told us it wasn't available on Fridays & Saturdays, but he would make it up to us by splitting our orders so we could taste several dishes. He was wonderful & the food & service were fabulous. We had lobster spaghetti, oysters, caesar salad, branzino, sherbet & a wonderful chocolate dish. Everything was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value Wednesday diningbradDined on 7/9/2014On Wednesday for $25 you have a very good choice of appetizer and entree plus a glass of wine. The crab cakes were all crab and the fluke was perfectly cooked. Only criticism I had is that I would have preferred a little more sauce on both dishes. great view and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatlesokDined on 7/7/2014This is our favorite restaurant . We are never disappointed. Had lobster, short ribs , lobster ravioli, mussels, the crab cake is the best!!! Cant say much more than that. Its simply a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodperlsVIPDined on 7/4/2014Even on a busy holiday weekend you can count on Coast Grill to always serve delicious food with good service. If you haven't been to this restaurant for awhile, check it out.. A good Hamptons "go to" choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but uneven at timesmillmeisterVIPDined on 7/4/2014Boisterous local spot with an active bar scene with a marina setting. Food is generally good although on this occasion the salad came with brown lettuce. Service is ok but does not anticipate needs. Prices on the high side for given the type of restaurantSpecial Features:
- First time at Coast grillLondonDinerDined on 7/1/2014Good seafood choices as expected with the paella very good. We ate early at 6:45 pm and the restaurant was more than half full within half an hour. Tables are too closely packed and if there had been 4 of us I don't know how we would have fitted in. As the tables were so close the noise level was also high so the trick is to go early here..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meallesokDined on 6/30/2014We have eaten here 4 times this season and each time it has been wonderful. Lobster night mussels appetizer. Cooked perfectly. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly ExcellentlesokDined on 6/23/2014This is our third time this season and it is always a pleasure to dine there. We went for Lobster Night on Monday and had a whole lobster and the Lobster Spaghetti. Appetizers and entree's were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something's are not the same hereNotnowVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have enjoyed Brian's cooking for the past 5 or 6 summers. Without Stacy managing the front things were all out of sync. I was served my main dish too quickly and had no silverware. Couldn't find a waiter for 7 minutes and had to get up. Also the parking lot was very snarled up. So.... Please please get your act together! New menu was inovative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with wonderful ambienceSeltzeroneVIPDined on 6/21/2014Have not been back to the Coast Grill in a number of years. Heard there were new owners so we gave it a shot. The meal was flawless! I had the short ribs and half of my wife's salad - really excellent. My mother in law had lobster spaghetti - again - really fantastic. My wife had the tuna tartar appetizer - excellent. We had pinot grigio - and like the fact we had a good sized glass with a good amount of wine - we hate the measured glass that so many restaurants do today - service was efficient and unobtrusive.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014First time at coast grill. The food was fabulous and the service was amazing. Table of eight of us and served perfectly. The entire evening was beyond most summer Hampton restaurants. In quality of food, amazing staff and creative menu! It's a repeat for us. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Sunday Night SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014A lovely waterfront gem overlooking a marina.Great service was friendly and very attentive. My husband's crab cake was light and delicious...all crab. My arugula/apple/bacon salad was very refreshing as was my daughter's bacon Caesar salad. My husband loved his veal bolognese and my daughter thoroughly enjoyed her filet mignon and ate every bit of it. My bronzino was served as a whole fish, beautifully presented with a medley of artichoke, fennel and other vegetables. Delicious. My only minor criticism was that the Key Lime Tart, which we shared.It seemed to be missing the lime. It was a nice custard dessert , but not even a hint of lime. I think it was somebody's goof and since I am dieting, I wasn't too upset by it.Special Features:
- Great in summer and winterScrimshawDined on 6/14/2014This has become our go-to place both for ourselves and for guests. Their salads are wonderful and the short ribs with coca-cola sauce keep bringing us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hold the Calamari!BayRidgerVIPDined on 5/31/2014I had eaten here before and the food is good. This time, however, it felt cramped. Not sure if extra tables were added, but it was tight. The view can't be beat. Don't waste your time on the calamari. It is not cooked well and the dipping sauce is tasteless. Quite disappointed. The special, however, was quite good which was fluke stuffed with crab. It was very tasty.
- Usually Great, Not This TimeLuv2EatOutDined on 5/24/2014We've visited this restaurant before and had good experiences each time: pretty view, reasonable noise level, excellent food, and accommodating staff. This time (Saturday evening), it was overcrowded and the noise intolerable. We (4 adults) waited 30 minutes past our reservation time to be seated, and were then escorted to a small table that was so close to others that the staff had trouble reaching us. We waited again to order. When it finally arrived, the food barely fit. We didn't stay for dessert. The hostess seemed indifferent to our concerns when we told her. My overall rating is "Fair" only because of the quality of the food. It's unlikely we'll come back on a weekend. Shame on Coast Grill for what must have been overbooking.
- Wonderful spot off the beat n pathGreenPenguinDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I absolutely loved this spot! Food was excellent! View in the main dining room was beautiful. If you have a table in the area behind the bar, the view isn't as nice. The bar gets a nice crowd around 9:30. Highly recommend giving this spot a try.Special Features:
- Shore ViewMabyDined on 5/24/2014Typical shore restaurant. Bushes block a pretentious view of the bay. Good service, food was ok.... need a more extended wine list. Expected fresh prepare meals... No heat up!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantlesokDined on 5/23/2014The food is always great. What else can you say. It's one of the best restaurants on the East End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the The Coast Grill reviews archive.
- Short RibslesokDined on 5/17/2014We went there specifically for the coca cola braised short ribs. They were delicious, never needed a knife. Moist and tender, nice service. The entire menu is great and presentation is wonderful. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior North Sea Dining ChoiceDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Located between Southampton and Sag Harbor, this seafood restaurant located on a scenic local dock with water views offers a pleasant experience that's both cheerful and hip while being away from the madding crowds of the rest of the Hamptons. An updated taste of the old coast grill experience that you cannot get in the villages or towns. Casual yet polished - and always welcoming whether you are a group of 8 or party of one. Terrific seafood focus with plenty of tasty accompaniments - again - for an upscale menu in a relaxed setting. I consider it a 'go to' when I tire of all the noise and hubbub of the Hamptons. I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad attitude, poor foodGingerDined on 5/3/2014The maitre d' was rude. The waiter was not particularly helpful - and when my friend complained about her drink, the attitude was - too bad, that's how it is. The dinner was not particularly tasty and very expensive. A big disappointment!Special Features:
- Simply enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Consistent dependable innovative food with a touch of class Thanks BrianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Coast GrillManhattanVIPDined on 4/26/2014Beautiful scenic views added to the 10/10 food and service make for a wonderful meal / experience. Tables are well spaced as well. We loved our lunch at The Coast Grill and will be back very soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maudeDined on 4/18/2014We love the Coast Grill..Friday Nite had the Fluke..Yum..thanks again!Special Features:
- Nice Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014My wife and I were staying in Amagansett for our 27th wedding anniversary and I saw there were various restauants participating in Hamptons Restaurnant Week. We selected the right place! Plentiful choices, delicious food, great cocktails and excellent service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for the restaurant weekJaneDoeDined on 3/25/2014The setting is beautiful with the views over the pond and boats. The food was mostly very nice with generous portions. The service was also very goid. We visited during the restaurant week and it was a great value, but we felt that the dishes lacked some 'oomph' to justify high a la carte prices. I would probably return for the view if I were in Southampton and they had special prix-fix.Special Features:
- Hard to FindChickieBVIPDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I were in the Hamptons to celebrate our anniversary and made a reservation at Coast Grill. We got lost trying to find the restaurant, because it's on a back road and there are few signs or directions. When we got there, we were the only ones in the place - we were happy they stayed open for us and had a lovely meal, but we had gotten so worked up trying to find it, that it spoiled our celebratory mood. Maybe we'll go back sometime, if we ever get to the Hamptons again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.