The Clubhouse - Oakbrook
298 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Clubhouse - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theclubhouse.com/
- Phone: 6304720600x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation
We're open every day!
Monday - Saturday
Lunch - 11am
Dinner - 4pm
Sunday Brunch - 10am
Sunday Lunch - 11am, Dinner - 4pm
When placing a reservation, please keep in mind that highchairs, booster seats, and strollers count as a member of the party.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Clancy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Clubhouse in Oak Brook is the ultimate location for any special event. Our private dining rooms can accommodate groups from 10 to 100 and are perfect for breakfast meetings, business luncheons, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, graduation and birthday parties, bridal and baby showers, or any other special occasion you want to celebrate.
- Private Party Facilities: The Clubhouse in Oak Brook is the ultimate location for any special event. Our private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 to 100 or more. From a breakfast meeting, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner or any other celebration we are here to exceed your expectations.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Team 6309084030x
A word from The Clubhouse - Oakbrook
Reminiscent of a world-class country club, The Clubhouse offers a fantastic selection of American contemporary cuisine including premium dry-aged steaks, pastas and fresh seafood. An extensive wine list and 30 varieties of martinis are offered at the stylish bar. Exceptional service and innovative specials make this restaurant an Oak Brook standout. Experience the benefits of membership and earn dining rewards when you join our ValuedMember® Program. The Clubhouse- Where You Belong!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Clubhouse - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
The Clubhouse - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
325 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)great for lunch (141)good for groups (134)great for brunch (113)fit for foodies (83)romantic (63)vibrant bar scene (58)kid-friendly (57)neighborhood gem (51)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (37)hot spot (36)late-night find (18)scenic view (7)Show More
- Not impressedHerbVIPDined on 9/27/2014I had the burger. It was bland. No flavor. I didn't finish it. Left the awful fries- get the cole slaw. N the lobster bisque is super small at $7. Not returning here. Service was bad.
- Dirty BathroomBillandJeanVIPDined on 9/26/2014Everything was good or very good, but the women's bathroom was very dirty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 old galsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Great burgers. Super nice waitress. A little noisyI would recommend this to a friend.
- A return to formATrainVIPDined on 9/24/2014Met my family here for a birthday lunch during the week. Service was outstanding, especially catering to our 4-year-old. Its a nice touch to bring some fruit right away for him. Food was very good, although I think prices are on the high end. Using their ValuedMember club brings it to a good value, so all-in-all I highly recommend.Special Features:
- GaloutdiningDined on 9/23/2014Great food. .......Close by ......Love earning pointsSpecial Features:
- Is Not What It Used To BeBarbDined on 9/20/2014The Clubhouse used to be a vibrant, fun place. We arrived at 7pm on Saturday and it was pretty empty. Friendly hostesses, but the bartender was pretty neglectful. Our waitress was either inexperienced or had too many tables. We waited for drinks, 3 reminders for bread, very slow neglectful service. The couple next to us were well dressed and were celebrating something important. They were complaining to each other, loudly. Not a great experience! Food was OK.
- Overpriced for what you gethappytotryitDined on 9/20/2014We had the ahi tuna appetizer...it was pretty good but it was basically 5 or 6 thinly sliced squares of tuna (literally each piece was one bite's worth) and a spring mix for $19! What? This should have been somewhere in the vincinty of $10-$12 at best. Porkchop was way overdone, had to be remade. The Chicken Romano was dry and overcooked. Needed to be remade. Had to ask for sauce twice to try and choke it down. The salmon fish special was an ok piece of fish. Didn't have the freshest taste and was dry. Overall, this place is way overpriced for the quality and for what you get. I would not go back. J Alexanders blows this place out of the water. Better quality, better price point!
- elizabeth2651Dined on 9/20/2014Had the Spicy Peanut Ahi Tuna --- melted in my mouth. Service was fabulous. I love it every time I go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- porkloverporkloverDined on 9/20/2014went to celebrate birthday. lobster bisque the best anywhere, service was excellent - been there many times before - we are use to the noise level which could be high at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and EnjoyableDZ17Dined on 9/20/2014Have not been here in several years and forgot how incredibly good the food and service are. We had a lovely meal, all of it delicious (4 people and 4 distinctly different entrees plus 2 shared appetizers). The menu is not exotic or experimental, but it is also not "old" or outdated. It is timely, good and the service makes it taste that much more special.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 9/19/2014Victoria was my server. She was very pushy with us food wise. She asked us 4 times to buy drinks we didnt want. She didnt come by to see if our food was okay. She tried to get us out of the restaurant as quick as she could. It definately ruined my enjoyment of the meal. This makes me less likely to want to come back again.
- Shopping Mall GemFrankGDined on 9/19/2014This was my first experience at the Clubhouse. I chose it from the information on Open Table as a place to meet a former colleague for lunch. Oakbrook was about midway between us. We made reservations for 11:30 AM to beat the mid-day rush. The dining room was almost empty when we arrived, but was full by noon. The menu had many interesting offerings and the server did not hurry us as we decided on our order. The food was artfully presented after only a short wait. The server checked on our satisfaction with the food shortly after it was delivered. My friend had a huge sandwich and I had an entree salad (that was NOT 90% lettuce!) We shared a yummy cheesecake dessert. The service was attentive without being rushed. I'd go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2014We come often and find the food very good and the service great. Carlos is #1 as a server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never go again for brunchklemDined on 9/14/2014Will never go again for brunch. We had a reservation for first thing when they opened but they seated us 15 minutes late. They seated people who came after us first even though we were standing right there. They tried to give us a table in some kind of loud lobby that was horrible. I asked to change and got some attitude from the hostess. I made a reservation for a special occasion specifically so we could have a nice table but that did not happen. Next table they sat us at was with a huge family with loud screaming kids. I was so disappointed and embarrassed since we had suggested this location for this event.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014We have eaten there many times, this time we had a new waitress, ( at least one we never had before) I forget her name but she was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch!WallycatVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our server was great. Very helpful. The spinach artichoke dip was awesome. The burgers and sandwiches were good too. All of the staff seemed on top of things and service was very good. I would come back for sure!! Pineapple infused cocktail was great too!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationPASTORBDined on 9/10/2014My children and I took my wife here for her birthday it was a great night. The food was excellent the service was great and this will not be our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service food not so goodDanielDined on 9/9/2014This was my second time at the club house. The first time the food was good. This last time I had the fish and chips which was a special. The fries were soggy and the fish did not taste good. The food was not up to the $22 price. Service was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The clubhouse is great, we been there before and will return many times. The brunch is pricey, but the food is the bomb.if you go home hungry there is something wrong.my wife just loves the wine list. 5 stars........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchlndyluDined on 9/7/2014We came here for my sister's birthday. At first we were seated outside which would have been nice since it was a beautiful day. Unfortunately, the bees had another idea so we ended up inside. Our waiter was fantastic! My nephew has a severe tree nut allergy, our waiter went out of his way to have the chef make him a safe batch of pancakes and french toast. The food choices on the buffet were plentiful and the desserts were dangerously tasty. Other than the bees it was a perfect brunch with fantastic food and great service. We have already decided this will be where we will have Easter Brunch. It's never too early to plan.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!RUHungryDined on 9/7/2014This is our 'go to' place for brunch! The food and wait staff are consistently amazing in taste and impeccable service. The food speaks for itself in taste and preparation, but the service we have received each and every time has been outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014They seemed to have an extensive bar. However, the strawberry daiquiri we ordered was awful-- too foamy. They said they could not even make a pina colada. Terrible. It is extremely loud in there-- the tables are so close together, you can hear everyone's conversation but your own. The waiter had such a thick accent, it was difficult to understand him and he rushed through the specials.
- masmoeDined on 9/6/2014Great Prime Rib, terrific service but a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerLexy51Dined on 9/6/2014My birthday dinner was dynamic Food was perfect music was calming It didn't feel co nested and crowded Tables weren't too close I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First FridayslickafisfalDined on 9/5/2014Love First Fridays!! The Calamari appetizer is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBOGADined on 9/5/2014The place was nice, food and service were great! We had reservations @ 6:30 so did not have to wait, it was crowded and loud by the bar downstairs (not a bad thing) but still nice and quiet upstairs for a more intimate dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but...theatreguyVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have occasionally dined here and enjoy the place. I ordered a delmonico steak which was not bad but certainly seemed more like a sirloin steak. Not a cheap dinner: soup, two glasses of wine, entree - $72 (including tip). I'll return but will be more selective about what I order. p.s. Upstairs is the place to be unless you like being in a noisy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with CustomersSalesguyDined on 9/3/2014We had a party of eight people. The restaurant was buzzing with people. Service was prompt and attentive. Food selection was very good and gave everyone a great selection along with great appetizers. The wine list was strong with choices. I will return with customers again!Special Features:
- Nice brunchchicagocatDined on 8/31/2014Great brunch for families and the service was friendly. The good choices were quite extensive and the gluten-free options were explained by the manager. The server brought my mom a birthday cake for her birthday and even took a picture and have her a copy with the receipt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was very displeased with the fact that when the server came with my bill, he loudly spoke to me about the details, discounts, credits, etc. all in front of two guests whom I was treating. This embarrassed me both by the fact that he stated how much my bill was and the fact that I was getting a discount because of points I had accrued on my card. This would seem like a professional standard any server should know, and I was not pleased with the breach of my own privacy in front of my guests. I enjoy eating at the Clubhouse and certainly hope I will not be treated in this way again.
- Clubhouse Oak BrookOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice service. People were friendly and very attentive. Food was timely and TastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly good food, wonderful serviceJstenzDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have dined here several times and are never disappointed. Our server was absolutely wonderful, he was clearly busy and still gave great service. I would recommend The Clubhouse for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carolVIPDined on 8/30/2014there were numerous problems with the delivery of our meals (4 people). This made our dining experience extremely unenjoyable. our situation was handled very poorly. made us feel disrespected. we have been dining at the Clubhouse for about 11 years, at least six times a year. We drive from Highland Park & Deerfield. TY I would expect that the manager would want to speak with me: Carol Brown 847-373-7994Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Went to the clubhouse for birthday celebration. 11 of us at the table. I am not making this up when I say our waiter did not engage in any conversation with us and did not crack a smile once! Honestly, I do not know how he is employed.... On top of that our drinks were empty, horvere plates left untaken away until I asked a manager to get this guy some help! The food was delicious, but the service was terrible. Wont go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quickie33Dined on 8/30/2014Seating upstairs is a bit tight. Martinis were a bit watered down for the price. Good food and decent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The Clubhouse in Oak Brook is consistent - a great place for good food, good service, and nice ambiance. We each had the prime rib dinner and it was excellent. The complimentary birthday dessert is very good. The Clubhouse has been a favorite of mine for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our wait timeSoxfanDined on 8/24/2014Our reservations were for 12:15 we didn't get seated until 12:45, other than that it was good!Special Features:
- Very NiceEvieDined on 8/22/2014We had a nice time and our server was very knowledgable and polite. Food was amazing. My date had the sea bass special and he enjoyed it very much as i did with the vodka pasta with shrimp. Will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent....but,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Beautiful décor. Excellent service. Great wines. Awesome bar. However, if you order a steak, order it on the rarer side. The server was great, but when asked if they tend to prepare steaks on the rarer side, she had a 50/50 chance of being correct. Unfortunately, she was incorrect; they cook their steaks less rare. My medium rare came out pretty medium well. Didn't really have time to send it back and wait for another one. That's especially awkward when everyone else is almost done, and you're just getting your steak. BTW, whatever happened to the days when the person who takes the order also serves it, in which case the server watches you cut into the steak to ensure it's to your liking? Did I miss something.
- Just okJOHNDined on 8/19/2014Steak was tasty but not tender. For the price I would expect better. My wife enjoyed the salmon. Service good . Tables in the side room seem not part of this restaurant. Nothing special.