The Clubhouse - Oakbrook
298 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Clubhouse - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theclubhouse.com/
- Phone: 6304720600x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation
We're open every day!
Monday - Saturday
Lunch - 11am
Dinner - 4pm
Sunday Brunch - 10am
Sunday Lunch - 11am, Dinner - 4pm
When placing a reservation, please keep in mind that highchairs, booster seats, and strollers count as a member of the party.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Clancy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Clubhouse in Oak Brook is the ultimate location for any special event. Our private dining rooms can accommodate groups from 10 to 100 and are perfect for breakfast meetings, business luncheons, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, graduation and birthday parties, bridal and baby showers, or any other special occasion you want to celebrate.
- Private Party Facilities: The Clubhouse in Oak Brook is the ultimate location for any special event. Our private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 to 100 or more. From a breakfast meeting, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner or any other celebration we are here to exceed your expectations.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Team 6309084030x
A word from The Clubhouse - Oakbrook
Reminiscent of a world-class country club, The Clubhouse offers a fantastic selection of American contemporary cuisine including premium dry-aged steaks, pastas and fresh seafood. An extensive wine list and 30 varieties of martinis are offered at the stylish bar. Exceptional service and innovative specials make this restaurant an Oak Brook standout. Experience the benefits of membership and earn dining rewards when you join our ValuedMember® Program. The Clubhouse- Where You Belong!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Clubhouse - Oakbrook - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
The Clubhouse - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
342 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)great for lunch (151)good for groups (139)great for brunch (135)fit for foodies (88)vibrant bar scene (66)romantic (65)great for outdoor dining (57)kid-friendly (55)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (41)hot spot (30)late-night find (21)scenic view (9)Show More
- Nice brunchchicagocatDined on 8/31/2014Great brunch for families and the service was friendly. The good choices were quite extensive and the gluten-free options were explained by the manager. The server brought my mom a birthday cake for her birthday and even took a picture and have her a copy with the receipt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was very displeased with the fact that when the server came with my bill, he loudly spoke to me about the details, discounts, credits, etc. all in front of two guests whom I was treating. This embarrassed me both by the fact that he stated how much my bill was and the fact that I was getting a discount because of points I had accrued on my card. This would seem like a professional standard any server should know, and I was not pleased with the breach of my own privacy in front of my guests. I enjoy eating at the Clubhouse and certainly hope I will not be treated in this way again.
- Clubhouse Oak BrookOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very nice service. People were friendly and very attentive. Food was timely and TastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly good food, wonderful serviceJstenzDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have dined here several times and are never disappointed. Our server was absolutely wonderful, he was clearly busy and still gave great service. I would recommend The Clubhouse for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carolVIPDined on 8/30/2014there were numerous problems with the delivery of our meals (4 people). This made our dining experience extremely unenjoyable. our situation was handled very poorly. made us feel disrespected. we have been dining at the Clubhouse for about 11 years, at least six times a year. We drive from Highland Park & Deerfield. TY I would expect that the manager would want to speak with me: Carol Brown 847-373-7994Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Went to the clubhouse for birthday celebration. 11 of us at the table. I am not making this up when I say our waiter did not engage in any conversation with us and did not crack a smile once! Honestly, I do not know how he is employed.... On top of that our drinks were empty, horvere plates left untaken away until I asked a manager to get this guy some help! The food was delicious, but the service was terrible. Wont go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quickie33Dined on 8/30/2014Seating upstairs is a bit tight. Martinis were a bit watered down for the price. Good food and decent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The Clubhouse in Oak Brook is consistent - a great place for good food, good service, and nice ambiance. We each had the prime rib dinner and it was excellent. The complimentary birthday dessert is very good. The Clubhouse has been a favorite of mine for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our wait timeSoxfanDined on 8/24/2014Our reservations were for 12:15 we didn't get seated until 12:45, other than that it was good!Special Features:
- Very NiceEvieDined on 8/22/2014We had a nice time and our server was very knowledgable and polite. Food was amazing. My date had the sea bass special and he enjoyed it very much as i did with the vodka pasta with shrimp. Will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent....but,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Beautiful décor. Excellent service. Great wines. Awesome bar. However, if you order a steak, order it on the rarer side. The server was great, but when asked if they tend to prepare steaks on the rarer side, she had a 50/50 chance of being correct. Unfortunately, she was incorrect; they cook their steaks less rare. My medium rare came out pretty medium well. Didn't really have time to send it back and wait for another one. That's especially awkward when everyone else is almost done, and you're just getting your steak. BTW, whatever happened to the days when the person who takes the order also serves it, in which case the server watches you cut into the steak to ensure it's to your liking? Did I miss something.
- Just okJOHNDined on 8/19/2014Steak was tasty but not tender. For the price I would expect better. My wife enjoyed the salmon. Service good . Tables in the side room seem not part of this restaurant. Nothing special.
- Good, but could be betterJeffDined on 8/18/2014We typically only go to the Clubhouse when we receive our "$50" anniversary or birthday credits because it's a bit pricey for what you get. Not a big deal if you're at a business dinner or on an expense account, but not-so-much for Average Joe's. The wine list is sufficient, but overpriced. (our $56 bottle of wine at dinner is $16 in the local liquor store... I understand the need for some mark-up, but that's excessive) I ordered a "meatloaf sundae"... meatloaf/bread/mashed potatoes/repeat, with burgundy/mushroom sauce. It was good (not great), but when I asked to box up half to take home and not to forget giving me the sauce... guess what? Correct! No sauce at home. Will probably go back, but hope they're not starting to slip...
- Just great!loveinc3Dined on 8/17/2014We go here all the time. We just love the brunch but we also go for evening dinner too. Wonderful service each time.Special Features:
- Lunch Business MeetingmarciathematchmakerVIPDined on 8/15/2014I am a frequent diner and choose the Seafood Salad on the specials for the day! Not quite as good as I expected. Just my opinion I did not think with the 5 shrimps in the salad it was worth $18.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014The food was cold out of the kitchen. The service was slow the bathroom was out of order for the second time this month. We had to go upstairs to the bathroom which is not clearly marked no one was guiding us and quite frankly alittle scary if no one is up ther to show customers the way!!
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014My experience at The Clubhouse was one of the best I have had at a restaurant. The service was prompt, courteous, and friendly. The lobster bisque is creamy and delicious. The filet medallions almost melt in your mouth. I visit The Clubhouse every time I am in Oakbrook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodhdeneaseVIPDined on 8/10/2014we had the bruschetta appetizer and it was fantastic. Don't leave without having that!Special Features:
- Friendly SpotsullihoVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to the Clubhouse with our family for years. We are treated so well by the entire staff--it is truly a pleasure to dine there. Frank (our favorite waiter) is outstanding. The food is fine but the atmosphere is top notch, especially for families.Special Features:
- Burnt FriesKelly1455foodDined on 8/9/2014We reluctantly joined the "diner's club" through The Clubhouse. We paid the fee and received our card with $25.00 to use in the future. We decided to stop in for an early dinner on a recent Saturday, no special occasion, however, after receiving our food we felt we should just stick to The Clubhouse for their Sunday brunch. My husband ordered a burger and fries. The burger lacked flavor other than the char flavor and several fries were burnt - BLACK. Our waiter had to of noticed and didn't say anything. The service was good, however, you would think he would have said something. WE SHOULD have said something. Very disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We were given a gift card from our daughter, and we were very impressed. We walked in and seated immediately and our server arrived moments later. The service was great and the food outstanding, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great place ! The food was excellent, great service - overall great service. My girlfriend is gluten free diet and she found great chooses as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service.OBdiner46VIPDined on 8/8/2014Sayid is awesome. He remembers our names and always had great recommendations. Very attentive service from the whole staff. We always enjoy our visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/8/2014I was excited to go here for lunch with a high school buddy. I called as a followup to make sure they had my Open Table reservation. The girl who answered the phone insisted there was no reservation. Finally a manager said he found it. Once there, we got a table crammed against other diners. No waiter. Finally, a waiter in sunglasses rushed to the table as if he had come in from vacation. The waiter was silly and distracted. After 20 minutes, he delivered the wrong order and we had to wait another 15 minutes for it to be corrected. Saw him a total of twice during lunch and then the bill came. Too expensive for an adequate salad. Begged another server for bread. No comp at all was offered for the miserable service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Waiter was spread way too thin for a busy lunch crowd. We waited a very long time to place our order, waited a long time for the food and again for the check. I may have to re-think where I take clients in Oakbrook unless the staffing improves. It was not the waiter's fault -- he had way too many tables to provide attentive service.Special Features:
- Very goo overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Always good service and food. The downstairs restroom was out of order. Had to go upstairs where no one was up there to help and was very scareySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Club House Rock'sKenglorifickDined on 8/3/2014Gloria and I enjoined are anniversary dinner to the fullest. Our server was fantastic, the food was wonderful. We loved our date.We will dine there again.Thanx for making our anniversary the Bomb!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Love this place for a great afternoon lunch/brunch place! Didn't try the buffet but it looked amazing!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically good cuisineSteakDianeDined on 8/3/2014We enjoy eating at the Clubhouse. The food is never disappointing, except this time, one of us had the special salad of the day, the caprese salad, which was unusually poor. It's a pity: this is the first time one of us had a bad lunch, and we go there 2-3 times a month, the whole year long, which means that we like the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a Great Placepianist530Dined on 8/3/2014We have dined at the Clubhouse many times, for lunch, dinner, and Sunday Brunch. It is always a wonderful experience, with delicious food, fine and professional service, and a great ambiance. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Food is good, service is greatAddyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Service is impeccable! They do their best to make sure customers are happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food once againdscav06Dined on 8/2/2014Enjoy going to The Clubhouse 2-3 times a year. We had one dish not cooked properly this time but our server and the restaurant manager promptly took care of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesRenieDined on 7/31/2014The Clubhouse can always be counted on for a good meal and a good time. Always great service and good food. Love it!Special Features:
- Great Date SpotOut2eatDined on 7/30/2014I dimes with my wife on a Wednesday evening. The place was busy and the crown ranges from young adults to seniors. Very classy and the bar looks amazing. I wanted a romantic spot for our date night and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time a disappointmentdisappointedDined on 7/29/2014I have had lunch at the Clubhouse a dozen times in the past. This was the first disappointment, with the service. I had an 11:30 reservation to meet a client for lunch. We sat outside (which is very pleasant), our server had a peculiar edge about her, not friendly. We both felt that the server was not happy to come outside. My meal obviously sat under hot lights for quite awhile, the sauce was solidifying, no longer fluid. My salad was skimpy on the dressing. We were never asked if we wanted a second drink. I blame the server for my poor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Option by Oakbrook MallSSVPVIPDined on 7/28/2014Our experience was a very pleasant one - I highly recommend the mushroom carpaccio and the pomegranate chicken salad. We had an even better time because on Mondays, wine bottles were half priced. I also suggest taking advantage of their rewards program.Special Features:
- EscapePeanutsVIPDined on 7/28/2014Enjoying getting out for a bite for lunch with my husband. The foodies so good and a place to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- RecommendLtgradDined on 7/27/2014I would recommend The Clubhouse to anyone. The atmosphere was great. The food was excellent!. Waitress could have been a little more friendly and checked on us more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchDandyVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went to The Clubhouse to celebrate a July birthday. They offer the best Sunday Brunch value and location in the Chicago land area. Service and food selection are exceptional. Too good to miss on a Sunday or anytime for lunch or dinner with business associates and friends.Special Features:
- Well Done!DateNight4UsDined on 7/26/2014We had a great dinner - just the two of us - over the weekend. The Club House does a great job and ambiance was very nice and augmented our date night. Lobster bisque did not disappoint!Special Features: