The Clubhouse Grill and Club M | The Grand Del Mar
5200 Grand Del Mar Way
San Diego, CA 92130Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
The Clubhouse Grill and Club M | The Grand Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegranddelmar.com/club-m
- Phone: (858) 314-1950
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday – Friday, 7:00am - 11:00am (Continental); Saturday – Sunday, 7:00am - 11:00am (Full Breakfast)
LUNCH: Daily, 11:00am - 4:00pm
HAPPY HOUR: Daily, 4:00pm - 7:00pm
TAPAS: Sunday – Thursday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Joshua Dorfner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host a private breakfast or lunch with a scenic view of The Grand Golf Club's 18th hole. Bottle service available and private parties welcome on Friday and Saturday night, when Club M heats up with live entertainment and dancing from 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Full buy-out options are also available. We look forward to "M"pressing you and your guests!
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Rambler 8583141926x
- Entertainment: Friday - Saturday: Dance to local bands (Fridays & Saturdays, 7:00 - 10:00 pm) and guest DJs (Fridays & Saturdays,10:00pm - 1:30am). Bottle service available. Private parties welcome.
A word from The Clubhouse Grill and Club M | The Grand Del Mar
The Clubhouse Grill at The Grand Del Mar offers an “M”pressive blend of dining and entertainment. It’s a place to hear live music, dance, sip a round with friends and enjoy both casual and exotic fare, courtesy of Chef de Cuisine Joshua Dorfner. Take in the view from the patio in the company of mouthwatering grill fare and Baja classics. At night, Club M spices things up with a menu of enticing global tapas, such as Bay Scallop Ceviche, Duck Confit Flatbread or Crispy Chicken with Oaxacan Mole, and our resident mixologists craft more than 25 specialty cocktails with a Club M twist. Hear live music and dance to local bands and guest DJs, Friday – Saturday. WEEKEND RESERVATIONS: Online reservations after 7:00 pm on Friday and Saturday are assumed to be for dinner service only and guests will be held responsible for a food and beverage minimum of $35.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Clubhouse Grill and Club M | The Grand Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- VicEVicDined on 11/15/2014Nice club, upscale venue! Will definitely go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DariDariDined on 9/20/2014Reservation was reviewed and tables were ready in 3 minutes. Received good service.Special Features:
- Club for 40 & 50 year oldsHappygirlDined on 9/12/2014I really enjoy this place. No annoying youngsters just staring at each other or you. Everyone is there to have a good time. No one is embarrassed to dance, patrons just get out on the dance floor and have a good time . Definately make a reservation through this site, otherwise you'll be standing . Excellent service, they treat you like you're staying at their hotel, even if you're not. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siren's Crush Nightflower555Dined on 9/6/2014The food menu is definitely lacking, need more choices or an actual dinner menu not just bar food, also should offer deserts. Our waitress was great at first before the place filled up with people then she disappeared! Not enough staff to handle all of the people. The band was amazing ( Siren's Crush ) and 10 pm is just too early for them to stop! I realize the crowd is older but they like to dance too! Why put a character limit? That defeats your purpose!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ service but had other issuestutwoDined on 9/5/2014The service was OUTSTANDING. My friend and I were happy with our waiter and the rest of the staff. However, I had to give them my credit card in order to place an order and, when the bill came, my friend and I split the tab and I signed a receipt for half the amount plus tip. However, I noticed the next day that my card was charged the FULL amount of the bill plus 20%. When I called to discuss the overcharge, I was told they'd look into it and call/email back that same day. Never heard a peep. After 5 days, the proper (1/2) amount finally cleared on my card. That's just wrong-- it's not a hotel room, it's drinks and dinner! And even though the overcharge was temporary, they should have called me back about it. Poor customer service.Special Features:
- Fish TacosMelindaDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the fish tacos and they were excellent. The service was slow at best. Not enough servers to handle the amount of people in the Clubhouse Grill or bar area.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the The Clubhouse Grill and Club M | The Grand Del Mar reviews archive.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I love this place! Food is great, cocktails are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THe Perfect NightclubkitkatDined on 6/26/2014Since discovering Club M two years ago, it has continued to be our favorite place for dancing: the bands are great, the waitstaff is courteous and prompt, the food is excellent. We especially like the option of sitting indoors while still being able to step outside to cool off between sets. It's classy and upscale.Special Features:
- tonitoniVIPDined on 5/24/2014fabulous fun nightclub experience, live bands very entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, unappetizing pricesbeb2eVIPDined on 5/23/2014We went to Club M to see a band we were interested in having play at our wedding (we loved them and are going to book them, so that's great!). Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have had occasion to go to Club M. The food and drinks were great, but the prices are frankly absurd. I understand that it's a very nice facility that likely has very high overhead costs, but come on...this is a "Club" at a hotel in inland San Diego...this isn't New York City or Vegas. Probably won't attend again, but if you have occasion to go there, know you will find good food, but just be prepared to spend more than you otherwise might!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music & DanceMamaGilDined on 5/23/2014It's been awhile since I've heard such great live club music. Republic of Music rocked it! Drinks were fantastic, and the big opening to the patio provided great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Stephen is absolutely a gem he has some of the best customer service.He made my first experience at Club M very comfortable, charming. He's busy but efficient he doesn't ignore you or take forever to take care of you as if you were the only one there. All the staff were friendly helpful.I loved the patio food and my drink , fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Neighborhood Gemregener8usDined on 5/11/2014I had been wanting to visit The Grand Del Mar for years ago finally decided to check it out online on Mother's Day to see what was happening. I was pleasantly surprised to find an available reservation at 1pm for Mother's Day Brunch at Club M. I must say that I experienced The Best Tasting "Eggs Benedict" that I've had in San Diego...so far :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Spot for UsdavidVIPDined on 5/11/2014Service was SUPER. The food very good to excellent! We enjoyed the scenic location and friendly staff and outstanding location for a special day. Thanks for having another spot in the M properties to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet & Peaceful LocationRu2bsiDined on 4/20/2014Limited menu, but food is wonderful nonetheless. Staff are helpful and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014It was my turn to pick a place for our weekly date. My husband really enjoyed himself and it was fun to surprise him with a place he's never been before. Great ambiance for couples and singles alike. Service was great and so was the food and bevs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunlovetodanceDined on 4/19/2014We love going as a group and dancing together to a really good band. The tapas are good and fun to share.Special Features:
- Dine and Dance DelightfullyHBsassyDined on 4/4/2014I really enjoy being able to dance to a live band that plays up to date tunes and I don't have to go out late to do it. this was the first time I have actually dined here as well as dance, and I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and service. There is a good wine selection and tapas selection as well. It was very quality food. I have already recommended it to many of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowd is from A to ZMonteCarloDined on 3/22/2014Everything about Club M is great and I love to have a classy local place to go with friends and dance but there is one major issue that my friends and I fear will keep us away forever from this local gem and that is the growing numbers of riff raff crowd that seems to slither in the place. Some of the people that come here are down right nasty and getto. I urge Club M to first off enforce a strict dress code. We saw guys on the dance floor in wife beaters & saggy pants & another guy in shorts and sandals. This is a five 5 resort guys, not Pacific Beach!!! A cover charge would also be a great way to filter out the crowd. Keep it classy Club M or you will lose the clientele that can actually come and do bottle service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is not a restaurant, it is a barwhaduppDined on 3/1/2014It is not a restaurant, it is a bar. OK club. Not a hip crowd. Poor band.Special Features:
- Club MDelMartianVIPDined on 2/14/2014The tapas were very good. The drinks were average. The service was good. The live band was very good and the DJ was excellent for dancing. Overall, a very nice Valentine's Day evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stomach painTiffy1Dined on 2/14/2014The food was tasty enough but I had five hours of stomach pain that night. Lost sleep And was so uncomfortable. Maybe I was allergic to something because my husband was OK. But we probably won't go back again even thought it was lovely, And one of our favorite places. We've dined there before with no problem.Special Features:
- Chinese New YearMartitaDined on 1/30/2014My friends were late, so we had to give up our resos at 6:30. We arrived at 9:25 pm, and they were able to see this at a table right by the dance floor right away. We felt so lucky. It was my girlfriend's 50th birthday! We danced the night away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast food quality but not the priceAlmightyDined on 1/25/2014I ordered California fish taco for $11. Got 2 tiny fried fish. No salsa. Decided to order Tiramisu for desert. The cake was something that came out of the vending machine. Not as described. However, I came to see the good band that performed there. Nice club. Vegas price for the drinks.
- Hidden gemPdbdDined on 1/14/2014Quiet elegance, quality dining experience! Great place to being guests and out-of-towners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Are Fortunate to Have Club MLawrenceDined on 11/23/2013Search the world and finding a venue as this would be difficult, unless you're willing to spend a ton of change in some posh digs in an exotic location. Right here in River City (read: San Diego) we are treated to the finery of opulence and superb service in an unmatched location where faux cascades blend with the impeccably manicured landscaping. Undoubtedly, Club M is not a profit generator, however, gracias Mr. Papa Manchester for maintaining this gem as a courtesy for us.Special Features:
- Great Time!JEMADined on 11/1/2013Combo Libertad, great band, great people, great time! Nice friendly service. Elegant atmosphere. Beautiful decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music but food overpriceddiegogirlDined on 10/19/2013My husband and I enjoyed the live band and the drinks. However, the food was not worth the price. We ordered sliders, calamari, fish tacos - a variety of appetizers. The food lacked taste, very mediocre and we expected something better considering the price of each tapas.Special Features:
- Club MkkellerDined on 10/5/2013Food was ok, service was not good and it was very loud inside,would have rather have been outside or in the sports bar section of the restaurant. Great for a party atmosphere with a group but that was not what we were looking for. Will now better next time to either go with a group or request outside seatingSpecial Features:
- Carmel Valley's little gemLadybuggyDined on 10/5/2013Always a nice time for apps early on being able to listen to a nice live band and then dancing later in the evening.Special Features:
- I like this club overall,BestDinnersOnlyVIPDined on 9/14/2013I like this club overall, the food and the music are very good, except the drinks whether it's a cocktail or wine always give me bad migraine next day without exception. Maybe the quality of the drink is not as good as it seems. I order same drinks from most other places, I know when the cocktail supposed to be made with Grey Goose vodka gives me a headache the next day, it was probably not made with Grey Goose as described. Hope they get to read this review and stop replacing with different kind of alcohol. I don't mind paying the higher price for the alcohol, and I expect them to deliver it.Special Features:
- This is a treasureLawrenceDined on 9/7/2013We are fortunate to have a spectacular venue as this in San Diego. It is like dining or dancing among the crowned heads of Europe. An oasis in the mundane world outside, this is a world unto itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy dance clubLawrenceDined on 8/24/2013There are none like this is San Diego. You can dress up, dress down, order from one of the county's finest kitchens upstairs. This is all you want an intimate dance club to be, without the vulgar representation of the more common element. Look no further for a cross between Anthology and Humphrey's Backstage, but with that sophisticated, aristocratic setting only the Grande has. What a find! This is like a retreat from the hurried world beneath.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good food.......rfogsndegoDined on 8/18/2013This gem is around the corner in Carmel Valley and often times overlooked by locals. Great breakfast with the family, my niece and her fiance'. The service was fantastic and the food very good and the dining overlooking the course was really great on Sunday. We ordered some pastires to srat to take our time and catch up, then onto the menu with numerous options. Those that had huevos rancheros raved about it and the egg white frittata and omelettes were all meet with yum! Been here for lunch too and always go away happy! Try this local gem and you too will keep coming back!Special Features:
- night outpatriciaDined on 8/9/2013I had a nice time but, I lost my blue topaz and gold bracelet. It probably got knocked off when I was dancing. If you find it, I would appreciate getting it back. Thank you, Patricia Please leave a message at, 858-774-0650, 858-333-5979, or 858-762-2287Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service Ok foodHayneaterDined on 6/16/20131. We had to ask to be served 2. When our food came they gave us the wrong order and tried to argue with us to say we ordered wrong. I told the waitress to show me the menu to prove we did not order wrong and she did not bring the menu. 3. Food was okay, but I would rather go somewhere else to eat after playing 18 holes @ The Grand. Nice course, okay food.
- Grid gemsLonstanceDined on 6/8/2013Good professional crowd with good dance participation. Mighty Untouchables are amazing. Shrimp quesadilla is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2013Tapas was very good, it's a club scene for sure, service was less than desirable for the price. luckily we had reservations for a table since the wait for drinks and even the check were delayed. The people watching was entertaining. Not for good conversation since the music ruled the airwaves. both band and dj were good and dance floor was crowded
- Breakfast at Club MRedtagVIPDined on 4/7/2013Club m is a very nice place for breakfast-however the menu selection is quite limited -beautiful atmosphere outside-reasonable prices for location.Special Features:
- THE menu is tapas, but theyJohnDined on 4/6/2013THE menu is tapas, but they are excellent. When there is a live band, make a reservation then move into the club room for a reserved table for the live band.Special Features: