The Club Restaurant
350 Smith Ranch Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Club Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mcinnisparkgolfcenter.com/
- Phone: 4154915959
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Tim Harman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to the club's banquet facilities. You can enjoy a banquet rooms perfectly suited for small weddings, private parties for lunch or dinner, corporate functions, golf tournaments parties and reunions. The room can accommodate up to 120 persons. In addition, it can be divided into three smaller separate rooms for intimate parties or enlarged by utilizing the adjacent terrace. The terrace can accommodate up to 120 persons. Each room has a minimum guarantee and maximum capacity: Room A - 20 to 36 (appx. 645 Sq Ft), Room B - 25 to 50 (appx 800 Sq Ft), Room C - 15 to 26 ( appx 505 sq ft), Private Boardroom - 6 to 14 in restaurant, Room 101 - 25 to 60 (appx 850- Sq ft).. We require a $250.00 deposit to secure the date and 48 hour advance guest count guarantee. You may select Three entrees, this includes a vegetarian option. The higher price entree will drive the pricing. The Food and Beverage director will meet with you to coordinate menu selection and event planning.
- Private Party Contact: Erick Jensen 4154915961
- Entertainment: Bands on the patio every Friday night at 7:30pm starting in late summer (August - September).
A word from The Club Restaurant
A highlight of The Club Restaurant is the top-notch food prepared by Chef Tim Harman, served in our spacious dining room-or garden terrace, ideal for business or family pleasure. Under the creative guidance of Food and Beverage Director, Erick Jensen. The Club bustles everyday during lunch and dinner, with brunch being served Saturdays and Sundays. From small plates to full-course dinners, you'll be delighted with gourmet menu selection and hospitality awaiting you. Indoor seating hosts 120 guests comfortably. Relax in the ambient glow of the fireplace during the fall and winter months. The Bar boasts Marin's largest selection of premium Scotches and Vodka. offers 31 wines by the glass. The Terrace accommodates 100 guests for al fresco dining in a charming rose-bordered garden. The Club hosts monthly bands, theme golf tournaments and more. Come for lunch or dinner and try the mouth-watering salads, daily specials, hearty pasta or steaks that are simply out-of-this-world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Club Restaurant - Best Restaurants in San Rafael ›
The Club Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (23)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- AGood Place to EatBarbaraVIPDined on 8/8/2014A good place to come for lunch or dinner - good food, a great venue and good service......Special Features:
- Lovely lunchCAMARDDined on 7/29/2014My guests had not been to The Club & were delighted with the 2 salads: the Club special & Caprese. The latter was outstanding with the heirloom tomatoes of many colors, fresh mozzarella & balsamic @ room temperature. Cajun linguine:slightly mustard cream sauce with sausage, chicken, peas & mushrooms was shared by all. Our Elder "loves" calamari & had the calamari steak sandwich which came with salad, without question when he requested soup he received soup & was delighted with his lunch. Portions are very shareable due to their size. Lunch was rounded out with 2 glasses of Mark West Pinot Noir & 2 coffees. Our quiet corner facilitate the enjoyment by the group due to hearing issues.Special Features:
- MO44VIPDined on 7/28/2014In spite of construction, food and service continue to be very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeDined on 7/24/2014This is my favorite neighborhood restaurant. I am never disappointed with my meal, always comes with a beautiful presentation and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newly remodeled decorNGM6Dined on 7/17/2014Have dined here many times, & food + service have always been outstanding. Love the new paint job & expanded restaurant. Salmon was overcooked this time, served on a salad. All other entres were fine. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PatioSonomanVIPDined on 7/14/2014We lingered and visited in the lovely outside patio for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- choices for modern eatingCAMARDDined on 7/12/2014Had the wine special of the month with a split of the Club special half salad which was perfect size, then shared crab cakes & coconut chicken. All food items arrived @ the same time which was nice. We choose to eat out side, although you do hear the crack of a golf ball, because it was chilly inside. Later as we left inside had warmed up. Prices are moderate with tax & tip we got away with $30/person for a light dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great place to have a great meal, watch a baseball game in a wonderful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Near a movie theater we frequent, good for a light bight.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good place to have a good dinner and watch the Giants game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little GemMbarriereDined on 6/15/2014I was pleasantly surprized at what a nice restaurant this was. It is LOVELY outside. We had a great Father's Day brunch. Prices are a value for the food you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadybugDined on 6/8/2014The Club is a comfortable restaurant that fits comfortably with its associated golf course and driving range. I usually think of it on warm days because of the casual outdoor dining possibilities. Food is always tasty and the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Outside - A Great ExperienceBarbaraVIPDined on 6/3/2014We ate outside. it was a wonderful afternoon, warm and sunny, very relaxing! I had the Prawns Crostini Salad, one of my favorites.Special Features:
- BarbaraVIPDined on 5/27/2014The Club is always very dependable - good food and wonderful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Family BrunchBobbiSFDined on 5/11/2014Brought parents for Mother's Day and the buffet was a hit. The individual omelet bar was very good. Salads were tasty nicely dressed. Fish was very fresh. Roast Beef was medium rare and I prefer rare but it had a nice flavor. Staff and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE NO MOREfritchieDined on 5/3/2014Service was slow and the food was just average. Our friend's petrale was mushy. Other dishes were ordinary. My mussels, however, were delicious. One thing our group did appreciate was the fact that the noise level was low. Hopefully, they'll do better once they complete their remodeling.Special Features:
- excellentgolferDined on 5/3/2014The food and drinks are excellent. This restaurant is a fun place to met friends. I also play golf there. I have been going for years to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 148 reviews are from the The Club Restaurant reviews archive.
- good evening spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2014food is good, friendly staff, and good proximity to girlfriends place
- Nice placeeagleeyeVIPDined on 3/27/2014If you like golf, this could be your place. You can hit balls into the driving range above the restaurant and then go down below to a good bar and decent food. This is a little off the beaten path but has a nice, open space ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsJackieVIPDined on 2/24/2014Healthy food tastefully prepared at a reasonable price. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful day for lunch onMooseDined on 2/21/2014Beautiful day for lunch on the patio. Delicious food and attentive/efficient service from our waiter Jamie. The host was very welcoming and seated us at a table with a nice view of the golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers are good!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/13/2014If you are in the mood for a good burger and fries ... go! Full bar (nice), casual (nice) and older clientele -- maybe it's different on different days but most folks were 65+ (the times we've been).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceCarolinNovatoDined on 2/7/2014The Club is a small jewel located at McInnis Golf Course Center. I have enjoyed many tasty lunches there, and had an excellent prime rib dinner on Friday night. The meat was tender, juicy, and flavorful--just the way I like it. Wine servings are always generous. The servers, as usual, were pleasant, friendly, and efficient. Very enjoyable evening, and I will be back.Special Features:
- Great value and good foodJackieVIPDined on 1/15/2014I always enjoy going The Club. It is reasonably priced, good service and a great value. Lately, it has also been very busy.Special Features:
- We went to the Club afterBarbaraVIPDined on 12/31/2013We went to the Club after going to see a movie, our usual New Years eve activity. The food was very good. The evening was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Ladies Christmas LuncheonmsgourmetDined on 12/17/2013My tennis pals and I had a delciious Christmas luncheon. Restaurant was completely filled with lots of talking but the acoustics seemed adequate. We could still have a private conversation without too much effort. They ordered a prawn salad and the prawns were gigantic. A Mumm bottle of champagne was substituted for the one we picked out after they realized they did not have what we requested. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/4/2013Pleasant, upbeat atmosphere. Always animated conversations and laughter in the dining rooms. Attentive, fast, efficient service. Wide variety of delicious food.Special Features:
- Surprisely Pleasant and FriendlyWorkingtogetherDined on 11/15/2013The setting, service, and food makes this a good restaurant for dining as a couple or several couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rude hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013We reservations requesting a table next to the fire, the hostess told us we couldn't take the table because it was reserved for somebody else, when we left the table was still empty, she was rude.Special Features:
- Great food and service. ReasonableretiredDined on 10/21/2013Great food and service. Reasonable prices. Clean, quiet. We'll go back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion groupToniDined on 10/18/2013We were a group of 12 women at a 50th High School Reunion - it was a good venue for us. Service was good, not to noisy, except for us,Special Features:
- Always goodBarbaraVIPDined on 9/28/2013We love this restaurant because the food is always good and the service too. Great for dinner and lunch as well on the patio. Have been going for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VAriety of salads & other lunchFrankieVIPDined on 9/5/2013Salmon salad was very nicely prepared and very good; lettuce was, however, a bit wilted. Special burgers looked good. Everyone at our table seemed pleased with the meal, and the patio is a lovely place to eat... although the golf balls hitting wherever it is they were hitting were a bit startling sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best value in MarinJackieVIPDined on 8/14/2013The Club cannot be beat for freshly prepared food at a great price.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2013A wonderful off-the-beaten-path restaurant, quiet and mellow when we visited on an early Sunday evening. Nature walks nearby, a golf course, a cool miniature golf course, and outdoor dining. Very enjoyable. I had a petite New York steak; my companion a Caesar salad with grilled salmon. Both were very tasty. The Caesar with salmon was not exactly on the menu but our server and the kitchen were happy to oblige. Recommended as a nice, relaxed drinking and dining experience, especially before or after going to a movie at the nearby Smith Ranch Road multiplex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good! We took our friendsBarbaraVIPDined on 7/11/2013Always good! We took our friends from Reno. They were very impressed.Special Features:
- We had the eggs Benedict,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2013We had the eggs Benedict, which were OK but the English muffin was so dry that it was difficult to cut. The side dish of potatoes was tepid. The desert even limited was OK but the glass of Cabernet we had was outstanding. The only thing good. The decors is some what ordinary and look more as a diner than a pleasant restaurant. Very deceptive, We will never go back. Even if the price we paid ($30.00 per person) was very acceptable.
- Always good food. A greatBarbaraVIPDined on 6/8/2013Always good food. A great place to have a good meal and watch a baseball game.Special Features:
- Lovely, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/15/2013I've eaten here many times in the past many years. I love the club special salad with chicken as it is always perfect. I love that the added chicken is ALWAYS moist, tender and delicious.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/1/2013The Club has a lot of potential - at McGinnis Park it is nice for walks, golf or sports. But the place now is really focused on regulars who come to drink at the sunken, 1970's bar or for large groups. Our experience - bland food, almost 20 minutes to the soup course, poor service generally and lots of noise from a mostly empty venue.