The Clinton Social
700 Clinton Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Clinton Social
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://clintonsocial.com/
- Phone: 2012390063
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private rooms on Saturday and Sunday during the day. We cater to showers, christening parties, luncheons, and birthdays.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Godfrey 2012390063
- Special Events: Visit us on our facebook page, twitter, or our website clintonsocial.com We have Happy hour specials Mon-Fri from 4-7, Tuesday night wine night $2 off wines by the glass and 20% off bottles, Wednesday is 1/2 Price off our Sweet Tea drinks, Thursday is half-price martinis, and Sunday is our Sports Spectacular with 1/2 price wings and $3 Drafts.
A word from The Clinton Social
The Clinton Social...local gossip, local grub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Clinton Social reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Get there before 9pm...WendelDined on 8/2/2014We visited Clinton Social for Hudson Restaurant week, and really enjoyed the menu selection, service, and atmosphere. However, we were looking for a nice, quiet dinner, which we got in the beginning until the DJ started setting up (it was a Saturday night). Then the usual bar crowd started rolling in, and we took our desserts to go. If we were there to have drinks, it would have been a decent scene, but we were in for a nice dinner - which we got - but just a warning to go early if that is what you are looking for. Otherwise service was friendly, food was good, and we would probably go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER WAS DELISHBABBYDined on 8/2/2014SECOND TIME I HAVE BEEN TO DINNER AT THE CLINTON SOCIAL. THE FOOD IS DELISH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the The Clinton Social reviews archive.
- I set up a lunch for fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014I set up a lunch for five friends and it was amazing! Hudson Restaurant Week was going on so we each ordered a dish from the prefixed menu and shared. The food was delicious. It was a wonderful way for us to sample everything. Everyone at the table said they would definitely go back for lunch or dinner. The pizza, chicken and waffles and penne alla vodka were favorites at the table. The staff was very helpful too and they never left you with an empty mimosa glass :) We all look forward to doing it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food & terrible serviceFrequentDinerDined on 1/25/2014Our waitress brought us the wrong drinks, when she returned with the right ones she took our order and never came back. We got an assortment of appetizers which were good but nothing special. We waited for a long time after our plates were cleared for her to come back and ask how our food was or if we wanted any more drinks. We had to flag down another waiter to look for our waitress, after searching he returned with no luck. We paid our bill through him and were very disappointed with our waitresses lack of attendance.Special Features:
- Won't be backNSweeneyDined on 1/20/2014My husband and I wanted to try somewhere new during restaurant week and chose Clinton social. The food was very good, however the rest of our experience was not. I ordered a stoli I and club, 20 minutes later was brought another type of orange vodka but wasn't told they were out of what I ordered and I was charged for stoli o ($8). Off the limited app menu for restaurant week my husband ordered the steak quesadilla and asked for no beans. He was brought a shrimp quesadilla (not on the menu we were ordering from), when the waiter finally came back and he told him this was not what he ordered, they brought him back a steak quesadilla with beans. They were out of A LOT, and we had to tell the waiter what we were allowed to have for dessert.
- Apps and DessertsDelJerseyDined on 1/18/2014The banana pudding is magical. It comes with this marvelous cinnamon ice cream that'll leave you singing, "Lord Jesus, I need some Mo' . The chicken and waffles dish is a unique spin on the southern classic as well.Special Features:
- Awful ServiceHammertimeDined on 1/17/2014We came for restaurant week and were very disappointed with the overall experience. First off our server was a hoverer, nice enough but c'mon let us peruse the 3 menus you gave us for more than 20 seconds before asking for our drink orders. She was very pushy as well in terms of the drinks as well. Our main courses took forever to come out and looked as if they had been under the heat lamp for 20 minutes. Oh, and they took our silverware after the appe and never replaced it. After an another delay she forgot that we had ordered a dessert. 15 minutes after the main we were given dessert again without utensils. Overall extremely unhappy with the service. OK food, but 20% service charge? Never again will I dine here.
- Was Expecting A Little MoreDinner4twoVIPDined on 1/12/2014As you drive by The Clinton Social Club (and the name itself) you get the feeling that it's a hidden gem with an ambience fitting for a quiet dinner/date. While I did go for brunch with my wife and a friend, it was not what I was expecting. The staff was incredibly nice and very attentive but the food and ambience left something to be desired. I ordered "The Social" and it came with a pancake, waffle, French toast, home fries and bacon. The French toast, home fries and bacon were very good but the waffle and especially the pancake were very average. The $4 mimosas were a very pleasant surprise! I will absolutely give The Clinton Social Club another chance for dinner or to watch a game (had no idea the bar scene was so big)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome mealbailzyDined on 11/23/2013Fusili and Chilean Sea Bass were both outrageously good. Service was just OK. Downer was the front of the restaurant is a bar that starts pumping music while I was trying to finish my dinner. Not great for a quiet night out, so best with groups.Special Features:
- ExcellentMichiDined on 10/13/2013I've been here a number of times already and the food is delicious. Staff has been very welcoming. Highly recommend it for Brunch on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchME724Dined on 5/12/2013Went here for Mother's Day and had an overall really great time. Food was good - we ordered the calamari as an appetizer and the artichoke and goat cheese pierogies which was delicious - I would go back for that app. I ordered the steak and eggs - steak was a little fatty but overall the meal was decent. Probably wouldn't order it again though. Service was a little slow - probably due to the holiday. Waitress was very nice. Drinks were very tasty. It was a mother's day menu with drink specials. I will probably go back with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can never go wrong withMasiMealsDined on 10/26/2012You can never go wrong with the french onion soup dumplings.Special Features:
- this neighborhood restaurantGoodcookieVIPDined on 8/15/2012this neighborhood restaurant hits all the right notes for many kinds of diners. We had steak and duck and both were perfectly prepared. the accompanying potatoes were well seasoned and spiked with scallions. their boulliabase is always great with fat shrimp, mussels and clams in a rice mixture with spicy chorizo. Look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- ONLY FOR BAR & APPSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012*great atmoshpere* *food/ so so / steak , good , duck excellent * *chicken special HORRID and free range dry * * * *Wait staff slow and non attentive * * * *over all 8 / would go only for drinks and tapas . * *
- Although the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2012Although the food was very good the service was terrible. The waiter forgot an appetizer despite the fact he discussed what type of oysters they served and he added the 20% to the bill despite the fact we had only 5 people and the menu says the tip is added when there are 6 people.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2012So happy this resturant came to Hoboken. Great food, drinks and service steps away from your front door. Bruch is also fantatic!!! Love all around!Special Features:
- Great choice in HobokenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/2/2012Food is consistently delicious, drinks are awesome, attentive and friendly staff. My favorite place to meet up with friends in Hoboken - not too loud and not boring. Great spot.Special Features:
- The hostess was not that accomodatikvissy105Dined on 4/24/2012The hostess was not that accomodating and was on the phone most of the time; we ended up leading ourselves to the dining area w/ her chasing behind us w/ the menus to tell us which seats were ours. The place was very cute overall. There was a bar w/ a few tables in front (the lounge area) and the dining area which was pretty roomy and comfortable in the back. Tuesday happened to be wine special night so my party and I enjoyed a bottle of Shirazz for $20. The food was ok, I expected more of a selection but for what they offered it was good. 2 of our party ordered their steaks medium well and it turned out medium rare. The spinach and chicken salad I had was 90% leaves and 10% chicken and other. The waiter was helpful and pleasant.Special Features:
- Very nice place, with someDaveVIPDined on 4/23/2012Very nice place, with some great food. I highly recommend this restaurant, as the food was outstanding. The only problem that I see for this place is parking. It is located in a residential neighborhood, and in the evenings there is no parking. Great place if you live within walking distance.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2012Great restaurant for girls or guys night out, date night, or just a dinner. Right in the middle of town so its a great middle location in Hoboken.Special Features:
- This place was great! LargekrisDined on 12/9/2011This place was great! Large selection of fun specialty drinks & we tried a bunch of different things from the dinner menu. Everything was delicious. Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Just What I NeededOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2011I went to The Clinton Social for a girls' night out with friends. We went late on a Wednesday night. For the middle of the week, every table was filled in the restaurant and almost every seat was taken at the bar. I started the night by ordering The Mint cocktail (Wed. nights are 1/2 price drinks). I thought the mint would be too overpowering, but it was delicious! One of my girlfriends got The Fruit, which was much too strong but wasn't too bad. I ordered the Spinach and Stilton salad as an entree. Foccacia bread was given to the table with olive oil; it was a nice change from just regular bread. I thought the raspberry vinegarette was a nice compliment to the strong cheese. The walnute added a nice crunch to the salad as well.Special Features:
- So good...at a loss for words!JCW77VIPDined on 8/18/2011Eric pays so much attention to detail and providing the highest level of customer service to all his customers. We have made it a monthly ritual to dine at Clinton Social. We love the new menu, Monday fusion nights, and Eric is extremely knowledgeable with regards to wine...hence the notable wine list! We tried the special the other night, the Baramundi fish, which was the best dish we've ever had there. I swapped out the mashed potatoes for the sweet mashed, which were delicious...made with honey. We can't say enough about Clinton social other than we are dying for them to do a wine tasting!Special Features:
- The looks of the restaurantkg123Dined on 8/9/2011The looks of the restaurant were better than the food
- Wasn't sure what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2011Wasn't sure what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere, food and service. We sat in the back in a very nicely set up dining room. Food came out relatively quickly and was very good. There is a bar area in the front with a more lively scene. Would defintely go back and recommend to others. We need more places like this in Hoboken.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2011We had a lovely dinner and a great bottle of wine at a decent price. Grilled scallop appetizer special was perfectly done and almost an entree size. Friendly owner stopped by to talk about wine with us. We will be back.Special Features:
- The food and service beatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2011The food and service beat our expectations. We went on a Tuesday night and there weren't many people there, but it was nice to have the whole dining area to ourselves. Would definitely return for dinner or brunch.Special Features:
- The pierogie and mussel appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2011The pierogie and mussel appetizers were excellent. The fish special was bacon wrapped monk fish, it was very good but the fist were the size of chicken nuggets and there were only three. More bacon than needed. Very friendly and fun place to go off of Washington St.Special Features:
- Best bar/dinner spot in Hoboken!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2011There was a birthday party going on at the time of our dinner, so it was a bit crowded. But it was lively and not obnoxious to the point where you couldn't enjoy the meal. My husband and I started off with the nachos for app., which were sooooo good. I had the duck and my husband had the stuffed peppers. Everything was scrumptious. The drinks were expensive at around $11-$12 on average, but once I had the first one, it was obvious why. There were incredibly strong and I had to have my husband help me with the 2nd. The service was outstanding. We had multiple waiters checking up on us through out our meal and everyone was extremely attentive. We never had to wait to need anything. Overall, very pleased and will most definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Service was very good butDoc23Dined on 5/8/2011Service was very good but the food was only fair. This is my third or fourth time dining there and I've liked less each time.Special Features:
- Wish I had one in my neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011Great place. Located way off Washington Street but worth it. Nice neighborhood feel. Really good tagatelle in bolognese sauce, steak, and charcuterie platter. The real star is the drinks. Try the one with the Jeremiah Weed iced tea vodka. Also have homemade infused vodkas. Servers are very friendly but not overly attentive. Have returned numerous times, including for brunch. Their steak and eggs is a bargain.
- We've gone several times andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2011We've gone several times and always have a good time. Generally low key, but great setting great food, great staff.Special Features:
- The food was really bad, Salad,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/1/2011The food was really bad, Salad, main course - fish, dessert were all bad. Nice interior, though. But overall very disappointing.
- Picked this on a whim. WasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2011Picked this on a whim. Was not disappointed. Food was terrific. Interior was gracious. Service polite and attentive. Will go back soon.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemDiner5Dined on 1/25/2011Good neighborhood restaurant in Hoboken. Great service. Good food. Wine selection is pretty good. Will go back.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I took ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2011My boyfriend and I took our parents here for dinner on a Saturday evening and had a great time. All 6 of us were satisfied with our meails (clean plates all around!) and were able to enjoy a leisurly 2 and 1/2 hour dinner without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Good, off-the-beaten pathOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2011Good, off-the-beaten path restaurant. Not very crowded most nights but reservations are nice to have on Thurs-Sat so you don't end up in the bar area where it gets loud b/c of the DJ.Special Features:
- The Sea Bass was a smallerJCW77VIPDined on 8/3/2010The Sea Bass was a smaller piece than i would've like, but tasted amazing. The salad was fresh and crisp, and the wine list is fit for a "wino!" We are looking forward to his next wine tasting. The owners passion for wine is contagious and he's quite a pleasure to speak to. This is our "spot" when we don't want to be in the noise of Washington Street. the outdoor dining was nice, quiet and enjoyable. the service was quite impressive. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- I'm on a hunt for the perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2010I'm on a hunt for the perfect birthday dinner party place and decided to check this out. Had a late lunch on a Sunday and was very quiet. It's off the main drag so probably best known by locals. The staff & owner (I think Adam is part owner) were all super friendly and attentive. We only had wings, pizza & beer which were all ok. Not quite sure this would be the right place for my group of friends b/c of the location but I will certainly find an occasion to return with a few! Very warm and friendly place and trendy back room! Oh, if you happen to return and see the Oxtails on the menu they have been discontinued! :-(Special Features:
- The wait staff was more thanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2010The wait staff was more than accomodating, friendly and attentive. The food was very good, despite the appetizer having to be served with the main course due to prepping requirements. Not really wheelchair friendly, but the staff more than made up for it. I would definitely go back.Special Features: