The Classic Cafe
504 N. Oak St.
Roanoke, TX 76262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Classic Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theclassiccafe.com/
- Phone: 8174308185
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Youts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offsite catering ranging from buffet lunches to plated dinners.
- Entertainment: The Classic Cafe at Roanoke offers live music, Thursday through Saturday.
A word from The Classic Cafe
"Have your taste buds indulged in one of Charles Youts creations... first class service and well appointed wine list... the making of a memorable meal at a restaurant that is a true classic" Kim Harwell, The Dallas Morning News. The Classic Cafe of Roanoke is committed to providing our guests an outstanding dining experience. Whether it is steak, seafood, side dishes or house made desserts, we promise to exceed your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Classic Cafe - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
The Classic Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (35)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (14)good for groups (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Classic Cafe=First ClassfmoldieDined on 8/27/2014This has been one of our favorite restaurants for years. Food and service are always top notch. The oweners, Chris and Curtis are always quite welcoming and eager to please. Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindwhatdoyouwantDined on 8/26/2014What a gem! Exquisite food, great ambiance, someone who knows the wine list and can discuss the wines. Attentive service and tablecloths. A place you can go for a business dinner or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!JeridetteDined on 8/23/2014This is 3rd time to Classic Cafe and it is always 100% perfect! From hostess, service, to food! Pan-seared Tilapia was simply amazon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect choiceMenusnobDined on 8/22/2014Last minute lunch with out-of-town friends. Impressive & delicious menu items. Attentive service. Great for visiting without yelling across the table.Special Features:
- Classic IndeedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Curtis & Chris have run a fine restaurant for how many years, 20? DFW overflows with many fine chain-genre restaurants where one can get a 4-5 star experience-to be sure. But the Classic has been and continues to be a chain alternative that does not require an immersion in the downtown scenes. They feature upscale dishes, expertly prepared as in a good 4-5 star experience, but do so in an intimate setting, a little quieter than normal, and still a very good value. I'm embarrassed that as my wife and I ponder "where shall we go for this special evening," that I forget the Classic. Saturday night we went again for a pleasant and meaningful anniversary meal, and the Classic did not disappoint. Oh...that's why it's a Classic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food was fantastic and the service was great. It was our first time to visit the restaurant and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique flavor combinationsOutoftownerDined on 8/2/2014Dining at The Classic is always fun as the seasonal fresh flavor combinations are always interesting and enjoyable. The sauce for the crab cakes was excellent, as were the crab cakes themselves. And the bakes brie appetizer was wonderful, and perfect to split for two diners.Special Features:
- It was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Including gratuity we dropped $140.00 at this place. It was our 17th wedding anniversary. Our beef tenderloin was nothing special. It was just a piece of meat. The Creme Bruele was bland. We will not return. Instead we will go to Ruth Chris or Eddie V 's.Special Features:
- Always outstandingCCfanDined on 7/28/2014Every aspect of The Classic Cafe is outstanding: the food, the environment, and the service. I love being surrounded by beautiful paintings inside and lovely gardens outside. Curtis Wells is the perfect host, warmly greeting guests and ensuring a wonderful dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Bad Experience at The ClassicrcalentineDined on 7/26/2014We could have gotten a tough steak, bland crab (with shell pieces) and a watered-down drink at dozens of places at half the price, the service was okay at best, and the restaurant was so noisy we could not even have a conversation. We were not greeted with a warm reception. We sat a small 2 top table (I am not a small person). The server was not very friendly and seemed distracted. We ordered steaks medium well and my wife order sautéed crab on top. The stakes were tough to cut and both of our steaks were well done (no pink in the middle at all). My wife found a couple of small pieces of crab shells. We got our check and were both very disappointed at the amount compared to the food quality and service.
- missing somethingSoutherndinersDined on 7/26/2014I took my wife here after hearing about it. The place itself is fantastic. Feels exactly how they describe it "neighborhood gem". The service and ambiance were great. The food felt missing. We kept getting these dishes that over promised or under delivered. We liked elements of dishes but weren't satisfied with the complete products. This is a place we'd love to give a second chance , especially since we felt so welcome , we just wish we didn't have to spend so much to do it.Special Features:
- Hidden treasure in downtown RoanoketexmexgirlDined on 7/24/2014Just moved here from Minnesota and was pleasantly surprised that this restaurant is close to my new home. While Texas does not lack for chain restaurants, it is wonderful to find a unique restaurant that offers delectable food tucked away in a unassuming blue house. Service was outstanding, the waiter did NOT hover and was more than accommodating. I will definitely be going back and this time I will save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small gem!lynneCtooDined on 7/23/2014Our beautiful lunch served by the friendly, attentive but not intrusive, informative wait staff was wonderful! Tomato bisque and butternut squash soups, classic green salad with green apples, bleu cheese crumbles and pecans, cornmeal-breaded okra from the garden out back, and fabulous warm chocolate pecan torte with blackberry sorbet made a midweek meal more than memorable. And I appreciated owner Curtis Wells stopping by to check out our welfare. Elegant room, luscious food, friendly people, loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Classiclamsam1Dined on 7/18/2014The food is outstanding-a little pricey but great special occasion place. Staff is friendly and attentive. They also generously send out 25.00 coupons from time to time when you sign up to be on their email list. Nestled in a nice area of historic district in Roanoke which is charming in itself. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Luv2dineoutDined on 7/12/2014I live in the N.Ft Worth/ Alliance area and it's hard to find a restaurant that beats Classic Cafe's delicious food, ambience, and wait staff! Thank goodness Roanoke is a short 15 min drive for us. An added plus is that they have live music (guy playing acoustic guitar) Thurs-Fri). It is a tad bit expensive but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, wine & musicWendybirdrDined on 7/12/2014As always, we really enjoyed everything about The Classic Cafe. We love Francis (whom we nicknamed St. Francis of the Vine). The food is phenomenal, as always. The only problem is that this time there was a party behind us. We always sit in the bar on Saturday night to hear the wonderful music. It was a little hard to hear and enjoy the music with the noise from the party going on behind us. Possibly parties should be put in the room where there's not music?Special Features:
- Good ChoicegunnerDined on 7/12/2014Have not been to the Classic Café/ The Classic at Roanoke for over a year, the food is still something to look forward to and the service is SUPER. They have trimmed down the portion size for the same price, I am sure that today’s food cost has a lot to do with is step. The Classic is one of the best if not the best places to eat north of Fort Worth. I’m also glad to see the Francis “THE ROCK” is still there.Special Features:
- Excellence - as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2014When you begin to take excellence for granted as a customer, you know you have found an amazing establishment. For us, the Classic is just that - the best of the best. We come in expecting the best dining experience in DFW, and always leave amazed that, somehow, our expectations were exceeded. This time, two Chef Charles Youts specials, a great wine recommendation from Curtis and superior service carried the day. Always someting new, always something fresh, and always the best people in town.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceexceptionalfindDined on 6/30/2014We had our date night for our anniversary there. We are always looking for new places to try for special occasions and The Classic Café was the perfect place for our special occasion. The service was outstanding along with the wonderful meal prepared for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special TreatCashDined on 6/30/2014Third time we've been to Classic Cafe, always a special place to dine for a special occasion. Service was fine, starting from being met by one of the owners and shown to our table, then with a very attentive wait staff. Warmed Brie appetizer with cranberries and onions was delightful. Soup of the day, Garden Gazpacho, was nicely chilled and tart (as I like it). My wife's Tomato Basil was nice. Entrees (Crab cakes for her, Quail for me) were well portioned, with sides of pickled red cabbage (both), polenta (her), mashed potatoes (me). She could only finish 1/2 of the 3 crab cakes; I easily finished the 2 quail. Her Brut Champagne was reasonable, my iced tea always refilled. Overall, certainly would return again for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!RBS24Dined on 6/27/2014I have lived in Fort Worth for over 15 years and had never heard of the Classic Cafe until it was featured in FW Mag. It was such a pleasant surprise to find such a charming and unique dinner spot. Everything was absolutely amazing and the fact that the buy local and grow most if not all of their herbs in a garden that you can actually take a tour of, was just icing on the cake. The service was great. The chef even came out to greet us when he heard we had never been there. We also got a tour of the garden from the gardener. They also give cooking classes and I think we'll try it soon. Don't miss out, give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and FreshAnghoughVIPDined on 6/21/2014What a combination! Fresh vegetables grown by the restaurant, plus the creativity of a fabulous chef. Our server was a newbie, and continued to recommend foods that contained wheat after we explained we wouldn't be eating wheat/gluten. My first glass of wine was a Sauvignon Blanc with vinegar notes, so our server was very kind to replace that glass with a pour from a just-opened bottle. The salmon was perfectly cooked, with rooibos tea leaves & grilled peaches on top. It was incredible, and crave-able. After his pork entree, my husband had a memorable black raspberry truffle ice cream, made by The Classic Cafe of course. It's always a delight here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014I love this place always something new on the menu and great service. you can never go wrong hereSpecial Features:
- Great as usual.TerribleTDined on 6/21/2014Great as usual. The food was perfect & the service was very good.Special Features:
- Quaint and DeliciousMorefewDined on 6/14/2014The Classic Café consistently serves up exquisite food. The service staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. Perhaps most unique of all is the warm atmosphere that feels more like a quaint and comfortable home than a restaurant. The Classic Café is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R SandlinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014We have been frequenting Classic Cafe for almost 15 years. They never fail to provide a fabulous dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014Another great experience. Food was great, service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Cafe ReviewdinningforfunDined on 5/23/2014The Classic Cafe served excellent food with special attention to presentation. The service was excellent with just the right amount of attention to our needs. The wine list offered enough choices to match with any order. The dessert was super especially if you like chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef CharlesjmorrisonDined on 5/19/2014Have eaten at Classic Café many times and usually have the outstanding beef or pork selections. Last night The fish special was a pan seared stuffed rainbow trout. All 3 of our diners had that entrée and all 3 of us were so impressed with the incredible dish. A fabulous balance of richness & flavor . Would love to see that dish added to the regular menu... Cheers to Chef Charles Youts ! Have never had a bad meal there in over 10 years. Classic Café is our "go-to" for fabulous food.Special Features:
- Great food in a relaxing atmospherePaulDined on 5/14/2014The food and service were great, and it was blessedly quiet. The wine list however was only average, and not commensurate with the food.Special Features:
- Special Family Dinnerraxtuk6Dined on 5/9/20141st time dine, went here for early Mother's Day. Greeted and seated right away. Nice décor without being overdone. Wine list extensive without being stupid expensive. Mild spins on classic dishes, just enough to make it interesting without overpowering the entrée. Veggies and spices form their gardens right outside. Steak, lamb, and fish cooked to perfection. Dessert yummy without being over-portioned. Staff working the tables as a team, so we were done in 2 hrs. Excellent choice for a "special" occasion or just to treat yourself to non-chain food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Mother's DayBodarfVIPDined on 5/8/2014Mom wanted to go here for Mother's Day (and so did we). We went on Thursday to miss the crowds on Sunday. 3 of us had the 4 course option, for me it was roasted garlic and goat cheese followed by classic green salad, pork tenderloin and the apple jalapeño cobbler. Other's went with the ribeye and one had the fish special. The food was wonderful, the service was great. If you don't live close by the Classic is a great little adventure to Roanoke to find a warm, friendly yet sophisticated place to have a great meal accompanied by a good bottle of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualTerribleTDined on 5/7/2014Great, as usual. Chef Charles keeps getting better & Francis's wine pick was right on.Special Features:
- The following 558 reviews are from the The Classic Cafe reviews archive.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014All we can say a holiday everything was just that>>>>Perfect>>>>owner is involved & great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JjoleighDined on 4/12/2014Great hole in the wall restaurant and great food. Appetizer and desserts were amazing as well. I recommend sitting in the bar area where there is an acoustic guitar musician playing, but not too loud like most places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in RoanokeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The Classic Cafe is a gem. It has a quaint, romantic feel. On weekends, a classical guitarist adds to the ambience. The menu is diverse & daring w/a nice selection of moderately priced wines plus a full bar. The service was impeccable. The rack of lamb was tender, w/a wonderful flavor & plentiful in portion, served w/ cooked red cabbage & polenta, complementing this dish nicely. The roasted garlic w/goat cheese appetizer was scrumptious & fresh green salad w/ raspberry vinaigrette lovely. The soy-marinated salmon lacked flavor, but otherwise was cooked very nicely. The mixed bread basket w/ seasoned olive oil dip was perfect & chocolate cake to share was rich and just enough to top off a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite AnniversaryKirkDined on 4/5/2014After 22 years, we continue to make the Classic Café our favorite anniversary spot when we are in town. We discovered them right after they moved to Roanoke and they impress year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked AwayJohnVIPDined on 4/4/2014in an old house or houses in Roanoke. This place is outstanding and deserves the support of the people in the area. It is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2014Highly recommend the Smoked Salmon appetizer. The cream of tomato basil soup was superb and the mixed grill was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible . . . . Need I Say More?BadgerPeteDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I have been to the Classic Cafe several times. It's always great. Our last visit was prompted by an eMail stating their "Special of the Week" was Beef Wellington, a favorite ours. We arrived eariler than our reservation, but Francis (Manager Extraordinaire) was able to seat us early. Within a minute, we were greeted, had drinks, fresh bread, and complimentary appetizers from the kitchen. When we ordered, we were told Beef Wellington takes a bit longer to make (which is a nice to know in advance so you don't feel forgotten), but they are always attentive. As far as the Beef Wellington . . . INCREDIBLE! You could cut the tenderloin with a fork and the mushroom duxxle and bread crust left me longing for more. Wow! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.