The Classic Cafe at Roanoke
504 N. Oak St.
Roanoke, TX 76262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Classic Cafe at Roanoke
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theclassiccafe.com/
- Phone: (817) 430-8185
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Youts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Onsite banquets and offsite catering ranging from buffet lunches to plated dinners.
- Entertainment: The Classic Cafe at Roanoke offers live music, Thursday through Saturday.
- Special Events: Wine tastings, cooking classes, wine dinners
A word from The Classic Cafe at Roanoke
The Classic Cafe at Roanoke serves a world-class menu in a casual, relaxed cottage setting. Fare is not limited by continent or region, and Chef Charles Youts’ weekly features are as likely to hail from the Pacific Rim as they are from his childhood home in West Texas. Chef Charles finds garden-to-table inspiration in the Chef’s Pantry garden, maintained on The Classic grounds since 2009, and his features regularly highlight the seasonal fruits and vegetables grown there. New American menu includes steaks, seafood, pasta, small plates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Classic Cafe at Roanoke - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
The Classic Cafe at Roanoke reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (34)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (12)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2014My husband and I chose to go to The Classic Cafe to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. When I made the reservation, I requested a "quiet" part of the restaurant as the past two times we have dined there, the noise level was very elevated. Despite that, we enjoy the food and overall ambiance and wanted to go back. We were seated in a room where we were the only guests, and it was nice. The service was good and they even surprised us with a special anniversary dessert before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My friends and I had a wonderful experience at The Classic! The food was outstanding and the wait staff very attentive! The dining room was elegant and quiet. At the end of the evening, we were treated to sublime live music while enjoying after dinner drinks in the bar area. Our evening was very memorable and we hope to repeat it as soon as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experienceNanaDined on 11/18/2014Each dish was absolutely wonderful, the service impeccable, the entire staff friendly. Our group of 5 each had a different entree' and each dish was terrific! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Will be going back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Our experience was very good and we'll be going back. While the menu isn't huge it provides a nice selection and the portions are not so large that you can't enjoy dessert too. :) Everything was prepared well and delicious. Our server knew the menu and was able to answer our questions. The people who ordered drinks were very happy with them. It's nice that we don't have to drive an hour or more for a nice quiet dinner. We'll soon try lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSW1551Dined on 11/7/2014Place to go when I want to treat myself or a loved one! Service and food are always EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDaitcherVIPDined on 11/1/2014Well...... I have lived pretty close to this restaurant for the last 8 years yet this was my first visit. It will definitely be my last. At the risk of sounding condescending, my wife and I felt that the glowing reviews here must have come from the Chili's and Applebees crowd. Very average experience from a place trying to pose as a fine dining establishment. We started with the stuffed mushrooms. Bland best describes them and the portion size was plain silly, 2 medium to small size caps. My wife had the filet and I had the mixed grill which included duck, sausage and a beef of sorts. Mine was not good at all. Service was good.
- Quaint setting for any occasionPacman21Dined on 11/1/2014I've been to the Classic Cafe several times in the past, but it has been quite a few years since my last visit. This is not because of the experience, perhaps more due to many choices and distance from home. Classic Cafe never disappoints with the quality of the food. Enjoyed the dinner and the intimacy of a home-like setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerTexasToniDined on 11/1/2014Excellent service! Our waitress was very attentive. Our food was just so so. In the past we have always been very impressed with the food. This visit we were disappointed with our entrees. I had the Jagerschnitzel and Lynn had the Gulf Blue Crabcakes that tasted fishy. Loved our special desert presentation with chocolate hearts drawn on our plate.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceSongBirdDined on 10/27/2014We live in Trophy Club and the Classic Cafe is in Roanoke very close to us. We went to lunch to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The staff was friendly and helpful and professional. The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. The fresh vegetables were beautifully done. The fish was fresh and cooked to perfection. The cheeseburgers were large and tasty with a huge serving of fries. A great place for a special lunch.Special Features:
- dinner with special friendshappy2BpamperedDined on 10/25/2014We wanted to treat special friends of ours so called ahead to make reservations and to ask for a particularly quiet and secluded table. They gave us the perfect table and the service couldn't have been better! The food was, as always, delicious. There is nothing we would have changed about that evening! It was all we hoped it would be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great this timeJDGoodDined on 10/23/2014We have dined here before and have enjoyed the classic salad (as we did again this time.) However, we were both really pleased with our entrees (Jager schnitzel and pork osso buco) and the Happy Anniversary written in chocolate below our delicious peach and pecan bread pudding with a caramel rum sauce - delicious. We enjoyed visiting with diners at the next table - with whom we discovered we had a lot in common.Special Features:
- our placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014when we want to spend some special time together Classic Café is where we go.Special Features:
- carenDined on 10/10/2014A very special place for very special times as well as wanting a GREAT meal. Service and ambiance is excellent. We also love the fact that you do not have the horrible noise level and can actually carry on a conversation with those that are joining you for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Excellent Diningcheri13Dined on 10/7/2014The Classic Café rates excellent in food, service and ambiance. I had noticed the restaurant had been remodeled since the last time dining there. If you've never been, you won't be disappointed. It was a great dining experience for all in my party.Special Features:
- Classic is a ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014This is a wonderful restaurant located in the historical area of Roanoke. The food is prepared with creative ingredients and of course the best part of it is they grow a lot of their own produce, source things locally and the eggs for the crème brulee are even local. This will become a regular for me and my co-workers. The owners are on the scene and hands on and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Classic Cafe is always consistent in food and service. The only item that disappointed was the Capressa Salad, too small with tiny mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes, this is not a good rendition, nor was it worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchbforsytheVIPDined on 9/26/2014I hosted a business lunch for 3 at Classic Cafe. Great food, attentive service, nice ambience. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic LunchDennyDined on 9/24/2014The Classic Café is distant from our home but it worked out well to stop for lunch on a trip to Oklahoma. We had been there once prior but did not recall a lot about it. Also had an old gift certificate to use. We opted for the fixed price lunch - choice of 2 or 3 items from soup, salad, entrée or dessert. Very reasonable at $20 or $24. All the food was terrific. Soup was a pumpkin chipotle and delicious. I opted for blu crabcake which had a delicious smoked tarter sauce for it. Wife had Tilapia, all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Organic Greens, Local Grown EatsRoadWarriorVIPDined on 9/16/2014Quaint location with outdoor dining and monthly culinary lessons, this restaurant is a gem. Inside, the ambiance is classy and comfortable. Our server, Chris, was knowledgeable about the menu and went above and beyond to be accommodating. I was meeting a cousin who I had not seen for 40 years, so we were not in a hurry to eat or run. The restaurant staff assured us that we could relax and enjoy our visit. The server brought us a gift from the chef to start off our experience. These tasty morsels assured us we chose the right place to meet. I love to have wine with my meal, yet, rarely drink an entire glass. Classic cafe offers 3 oz servings, just enough, if that's all we wanted. It was perfect. Our meal and service were wonderful,Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFoodnfamilyDined on 9/10/2014Took husbands mom for her birthday. We had 5 in our group; two were children. The food was good and the staff was fantastic. Chef came out to the table and chatted a few minutes; very polite and passionate about his food. Fresh garden in the back is a nice perk for the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Classic CafefoodloverDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time to dine at Classic Cafe, but it won't be our last! The food was awesome! The food came out in a timely manner after ordering. There were six of us and we all loved our dishes. Our waitress (unfortunately I don't remember her name) was wonderful. She was knowledgable about the menu and took very good care of us. She made sure our glasses did not go empty, but she did it without being intrusive. I would highly recommend you dine here. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso BuccoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014What a great meal. Few do this extraordinary dish well, and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Classic Cafe=First ClassfmoldieDined on 8/27/2014This has been one of our favorite restaurants for years. Food and service are always top notch. The oweners, Chris and Curtis are always quite welcoming and eager to please. Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindwhatdoyouwantDined on 8/26/2014What a gem! Exquisite food, great ambiance, someone who knows the wine list and can discuss the wines. Attentive service and tablecloths. A place you can go for a business dinner or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!JeridetteDined on 8/23/2014This is 3rd time to Classic Cafe and it is always 100% perfect! From hostess, service, to food! Pan-seared Tilapia was simply amazon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect choiceMenusnobDined on 8/22/2014Last minute lunch with out-of-town friends. Impressive & delicious menu items. Attentive service. Great for visiting without yelling across the table.Special Features:
- Classic IndeedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Curtis & Chris have run a fine restaurant for how many years, 20? DFW overflows with many fine chain-genre restaurants where one can get a 4-5 star experience-to be sure. But the Classic has been and continues to be a chain alternative that does not require an immersion in the downtown scenes. They feature upscale dishes, expertly prepared as in a good 4-5 star experience, but do so in an intimate setting, a little quieter than normal, and still a very good value. I'm embarrassed that as my wife and I ponder "where shall we go for this special evening," that I forget the Classic. Saturday night we went again for a pleasant and meaningful anniversary meal, and the Classic did not disappoint. Oh...that's why it's a Classic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food was fantastic and the service was great. It was our first time to visit the restaurant and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique flavor combinationsOutoftownerDined on 8/2/2014Dining at The Classic is always fun as the seasonal fresh flavor combinations are always interesting and enjoyable. The sauce for the crab cakes was excellent, as were the crab cakes themselves. And the bakes brie appetizer was wonderful, and perfect to split for two diners.Special Features:
- It was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Including gratuity we dropped $140.00 at this place. It was our 17th wedding anniversary. Our beef tenderloin was nothing special. It was just a piece of meat. The Creme Bruele was bland. We will not return. Instead we will go to Ruth Chris or Eddie V 's.Special Features:
- The following 583 reviews are from the The Classic Cafe at Roanoke reviews archive.
- Always outstandingCCfanDined on 7/28/2014Every aspect of The Classic Cafe is outstanding: the food, the environment, and the service. I love being surrounded by beautiful paintings inside and lovely gardens outside. Curtis Wells is the perfect host, warmly greeting guests and ensuring a wonderful dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Bad Experience at The ClassicrcalentineDined on 7/26/2014We could have gotten a tough steak, bland crab (with shell pieces) and a watered-down drink at dozens of places at half the price, the service was okay at best, and the restaurant was so noisy we could not even have a conversation. We were not greeted with a warm reception. We sat a small 2 top table (I am not a small person). The server was not very friendly and seemed distracted. We ordered steaks medium well and my wife order sautéed crab on top. The stakes were tough to cut and both of our steaks were well done (no pink in the middle at all). My wife found a couple of small pieces of crab shells. We got our check and were both very disappointed at the amount compared to the food quality and service.
- missing somethingSoutherndinersDined on 7/26/2014I took my wife here after hearing about it. The place itself is fantastic. Feels exactly how they describe it "neighborhood gem". The service and ambiance were great. The food felt missing. We kept getting these dishes that over promised or under delivered. We liked elements of dishes but weren't satisfied with the complete products. This is a place we'd love to give a second chance , especially since we felt so welcome , we just wish we didn't have to spend so much to do it.Special Features:
- Hidden treasure in downtown RoanoketexmexgirlDined on 7/24/2014Just moved here from Minnesota and was pleasantly surprised that this restaurant is close to my new home. While Texas does not lack for chain restaurants, it is wonderful to find a unique restaurant that offers delectable food tucked away in a unassuming blue house. Service was outstanding, the waiter did NOT hover and was more than accommodating. I will definitely be going back and this time I will save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small gem!lynneCtooDined on 7/23/2014Our beautiful lunch served by the friendly, attentive but not intrusive, informative wait staff was wonderful! Tomato bisque and butternut squash soups, classic green salad with green apples, bleu cheese crumbles and pecans, cornmeal-breaded okra from the garden out back, and fabulous warm chocolate pecan torte with blackberry sorbet made a midweek meal more than memorable. And I appreciated owner Curtis Wells stopping by to check out our welfare. Elegant room, luscious food, friendly people, loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Classiclamsam1Dined on 7/18/2014The food is outstanding-a little pricey but great special occasion place. Staff is friendly and attentive. They also generously send out 25.00 coupons from time to time when you sign up to be on their email list. Nestled in a nice area of historic district in Roanoke which is charming in itself. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Luv2dineoutDined on 7/12/2014I live in the N.Ft Worth/ Alliance area and it's hard to find a restaurant that beats Classic Cafe's delicious food, ambience, and wait staff! Thank goodness Roanoke is a short 15 min drive for us. An added plus is that they have live music (guy playing acoustic guitar) Thurs-Fri). It is a tad bit expensive but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, wine & musicWendybirdrDined on 7/12/2014As always, we really enjoyed everything about The Classic Cafe. We love Francis (whom we nicknamed St. Francis of the Vine). The food is phenomenal, as always. The only problem is that this time there was a party behind us. We always sit in the bar on Saturday night to hear the wonderful music. It was a little hard to hear and enjoy the music with the noise from the party going on behind us. Possibly parties should be put in the room where there's not music?Special Features:
- Good ChoicegunnerDined on 7/12/2014Have not been to the Classic Café/ The Classic at Roanoke for over a year, the food is still something to look forward to and the service is SUPER. They have trimmed down the portion size for the same price, I am sure that today’s food cost has a lot to do with is step. The Classic is one of the best if not the best places to eat north of Fort Worth. I’m also glad to see the Francis “THE ROCK” is still there.Special Features:
- Excellence - as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2014When you begin to take excellence for granted as a customer, you know you have found an amazing establishment. For us, the Classic is just that - the best of the best. We come in expecting the best dining experience in DFW, and always leave amazed that, somehow, our expectations were exceeded. This time, two Chef Charles Youts specials, a great wine recommendation from Curtis and superior service carried the day. Always someting new, always something fresh, and always the best people in town.Special Features: