420 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theclamnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122427420x
- Hours of Operation:
We are open for lunch, brunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Monday - Friday 12pm (Noon) - 4pm
Saturdays, Sundays 10:30am - 4pm
Monday - Thursday 4pm - 11pm
Friday, Saturday 4pm - 12am (Midnight)
Sunday 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Mike Price
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
- Catering: Events are considered our way to bring our restaurant to you. The team at the Clam welcomes inquiries for private dining and off-site catering events. Although we do not have a private room on location, The Clam restaurant in its entirety is available to be reserved for lunch, brunch or dinner service. We will make it available for your invited guests to basically feel like they own the joint. In addition, we are an all-purpose, full service events production company.
- Cross Street: at Leroy Street (also known as St.Luke's Place)
- Public Transit: A, C, E, B, D, F, M trains to West 4th Street; 1 to Christopher or Houston.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Street Parking after 7pm. Closest parking garages are:
Valiant Parking: Leroy & Greenwich
Central Parking: 7th Avenue & Morton
A word from The Clam
The Clam is a new 50 seat neighborhood restaurant drawing its inspiration from one of our favorite ingredients, the clam. Mike Price, chef and co-owner, offers a menu that celebrates seasonal, market driven ingredients as well as showcases influences of the Atlantic seaboard. The menu boasts a variety of clam dishes, some classic, some with a new twist and fun originals. The menu is rounded out with iced shellfish, salads, appetizers as well as meat and local seafood entrées. Desserts follow suit, and are inspired by the seasonal and local market offerings. All made in-house, the approach is simple and straightforward with something for everyone. Our shared vision and common goal is to offer genuine hospitality to our guests, garner relationships and establish ourselves not only as a neighborhood gem but also a Greenwich Village destination where our guests can be confident that their experiences are sure to be exceptional.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
The Clam - Best Restaurants in West Village ›
The Clam reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (96)fit for foodies (94)romantic (37)great for lunch (36)special occasion (29)great for brunch (27)hot spot (24)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Best Clams AnywhereBiker1VIPDined on 10/28/2014Extraordinary joint for raw shellfish and seafood in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clams galore!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/28/2014The Clam was a birthday destination and it did not disappoint. We stuck to ordering a bunch of appetizers and the specialties to share because it seemed like that's where all the eponymous clam was residing. The clam dip was delicious with homemade potato chips and that clam chowder (served with 6 succulent in-shell clams) was divine! Everything was great, the cocktail list was delightful, and the ambiance was romantic and peaceful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014Despite our excitement and the great reviews we had we were not impressed. The rolls were great. The clam dip was great but the rest if the meal disappointed. We had the clam pizza, the clam stuffies, and the banana chocolate dessert.
- Wonderful meal14PurpetalVIPDined on 10/25/2014Not only was the food great but so was all the staff. The Parker house rolls were delicious. Will 100% come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Clam!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2014Always good food and a great romantic date night. Did a last minute reservation last night with my aunt and boyfriend, had a lovely time per usual.Special Features:
- Noise waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/20/2014Noise level is quite high when the restaurant is full. However, the waitstaff-welcome area location makes a high noise level for diners near them.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOOD!MruffiVIPDined on 10/19/2014I loved the first visit so much we went back with Clients the very next night - - the food was AMAZING.Special Features:
- How does it keep getting better?nancywVIPDined on 10/19/2014Ricardo & I so love The Clam, we keep bringing different friends to try it out so we have the thrill of discovering it anew. Our starter last night couldn't have been simpler or more familiar: Massachusetts oysters on the half-shell & a bottle of Muscadet. Temperature on the plate & in the glass--an almost stinging chill--was truly transformative, playing up the plumpness of the sweet-briny oysters & polishing the citrus edge of the wine. That's greatness! Kisses, dear Clam!Special Features:
- Happy (Clam) BellyMNRotheDined on 10/18/2014We visited The Clam for an early dinner before the Opera this weekend. We sat at the bar and Angela was so wonderful we decided to forgo our table reservation and eat at the bar. The steamed clams were beautiful - fresh and briny with no sand. And the garlic bread was amazing. A little buttery and perfectly toasted to dip in the broth. We each had the lobster roll sliders. AMAZING. I think this may be one of, if not, the best lobster roll in the City. Perfectly buttery toasty bread, gorgeous lobster salad, but what puts it over the edge are the 2 deep fried clam bellies on top. Really lovely experience and I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Great addition to the West VillageNiiaVIPDined on 10/13/2014I work near this restaurant and have watched the crowds getting bigger and bigger since its opening. When I noticed it was full for lunch mid week, I decided to try it and had an excellent lunch. I recently had dinner here with three friends and it was wonderful. The restaurant is just the kind of small, charming place you hope to find in the West Village. The menu is mostly fish based, but there are other choices. The selections are varied and everyone in my party truly enjoyed what we ordered — oysters, fluke, stuffed clams, salads. All good. Both times, the staff has been welcoming and lovely.Special Features:
- Another wonderful brunchEVFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Back for our second time for brunch. The scrambled eggs with salmon and Brie are amazing - and the toast that comes with the dish is absolutely delicious. Be sure to leave room for dessert. The ginger cookie ice cream sandwich - with mascarpone ice cream - is a must. Great, friendly service and with all the windows, the restaurant is light and airy. A perfect brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014I felt the service was awesome. The food and cocktails I felt need more work.
- Wonderful cuisineBillDined on 10/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised on how tasty our dinner was at THE CLAM. The fresh clam appetizer was super, very fresh. The swordfish was cooked to perfection, not an easy task. Service was SPOT ON! A bit of a run from mid town but manageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood with good flavor!Cat0725VIPDined on 10/8/2014Overall: all around good, food was fresh, great flavor, little on the pricey sideSpecial Features:
- Nice Addition to NeighborhoodJoeXBVIPDined on 10/8/2014Had been meaning to stop by and try the Calm for months now and had two lunches in one week: both lovely. Food interesting and good, service crisp and friendly. We ate outside but I have several colleagues who eat lunch in the dining room and find the ambiance workable.Special Features:
- Lively, fun placeDisappointedDined on 10/7/2014Relaxed atmosphere, nice crowd, good food,a place to eat and have fun PLEASE. Change my nickname, it's from a previous review!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SEAFOOD IN WEST VILLAGE1KTravelerVIPDined on 10/1/2014I enjoyed a very nice dinner at the Clam. As a first time diner, I asked the staff to select three courses with wine pairings. The cuisine was fresh, high quality and well presented. A stand out was the Black Seabass. The ginger ice cream sandwich was a tasty way to end the meal, evoking thoughts of the autumn season and the approaching holidays. The wine program here is outstanding and each selection paired very well with the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrine to a perfect food.DisappointedVIPDined on 10/1/2014I had an amazing lunch at The Clam, and can't wait go back. Started out with creamy clam dip and perfectly crisp potato chips, followed by linguini and spicy red sauce topped with plump and luscious clams. We capped off the meal with a perfectly constructed gingerbread ice cream sandwich. Service was charming and attentive too. I can't wait to go back and sample the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014The sound track is ugly, totally opposite to the ambient, cozy and intimateSpecial Features:
- One of my favoritesAnonDined on 9/24/2014Try the clam chowder and special oysters. Beautiful, classic setting with very friendly staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014the food was good but too salty. service was good.
- Lovely addition to the neighborhoodNiiaVIPDined on 9/17/2014Had lunch here and it was wonderful - charming spot with small but varied menu with fresh, seasonal choices. Lovely, welcoming staff. Will surely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodHungryVIPDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed everything we ordered and thought that the service and ambience were first-rate. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the oysters!PatmanDined on 9/10/2014I searched for a romantic restaurant with good seafood in a quaint spot and found it in The Clam. Our server was especially delightful. The food was delicious and as the name suggests, there were plenty of clams to be had. It did get a bit "energetic" in the smallish space as the tables filled up, but it was of little consequence when taken into account with everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific lunch!LmarthaDined on 9/10/2014I was very pleased with lunch at The Clam this week (although, as typical of many restaurants, very loud until..... About 2:00 when most cleared out!). Nice ambience, table settings etc. Fantastic 'hot from the oven' Parker House rolls topped with a bit of Maldon flaked salt started out our lunch. Both beautiful and perfectly baked! I had the black bass ..... Perfect...sauces were really the stars. I will return,Special Features:
- Great Brunch - Who Knew!!!EVFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014Having had one wonderful dinner and one wonderful lunch here, we thought we'd try brunch. Absolutely wonderful. If you like smoked salmon in scrambled eggs, and you think you've had good versions elsewhere, just wait until you taste The Clam's version. And be sure to order the home fries - sautéed with fresh corn and green onions. Not a drop of grease, and beyond flavorful. On a not-too-warm late summer Sunday, the door to the restaurant was open to the street, and you had fresh air flowing through the brightly lit room. Service - as always here and at Little Owl - was professional and friendly. And while we NEVER get dessert at brunch restaurants, we broke down and had the ice cream sandwich - divine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fresh!212foodloverVIPDined on 9/2/2014Chef Mike Price's food is always amazing but especially at The Clam, he serves super fresh seafood and I am soooo into this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Clam Never DisaapointsnancywVIPDined on 9/2/2014OK, I'm putting it in writing. Next time I absolutely positively will order a main other than the extraordinary fried belly clam lobster roll (or sliders, as it is now). I'll try to, anyway. The sight of those paradigmatic oceanside shack loves on the menu awakens primal New England hungers. Thanks for being part of Village life. xxooSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Another amazing gem from this tried and true restaurant team.Special Features:
- disappointedavocadoVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food and interiors were good but i got ruined whole appetite when i found a hair in brioche bread..
- Reliable Neighborhood SeafoodCFMcGVIPDined on 8/15/2014Friendly service delivers reliable and thoughtful takes on American seafood dishes. Brunch is definitely a winner. All the local ingredients on display from the bar overlooking Mike Price in the kitchen is pretty great too!Special Features:
- Good Find in West Villagease1707VIPDined on 8/11/2014The Clam serves very good food in its small and attractive setting. Last evening I enjoyed some excellent East and West Coast Oysters. I also munched on the very good clam dip and had the lobster/fired clam roll for my main course. The restaurant was very busy, very loud and everyone seemed to enjoy their time at this enjoyable place in the West Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with how good it wasProsNConsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Friendly and accommodating staff, portions were welcome and generous, prices for two with drinks were reasonable so we will be back. We also think chef has grown since our visit a few years ago to Market Table so that is very good news for everyone except the competition. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I was a little dissapointed since I thought I was getting lunch and not brunch. Once I surrendered to the menu I loved it. Oysters and clam dip were delicious Loved the heirloom salad and the quiche was almost as good as mine. Everything on the menu was fresh and made with TLC. And the service was amazing I would back if I I lived in NYCI would recommend this to a friend.
- RondVIPDined on 8/7/2014Amend the wine list. It needs more aviation and depth and too many higher priced wines dominate.Special Features:
- Perfectly executedJeanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Started with delicious crisp cocktails, followed by fresh delicious seafood. Recommend the lobster clam sandwich. Great service, nice cozy clean ambience. Looking forward to returningSpecial Features:
- consistently terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We just keep coming back. We bring friends and they love it too. Tried the soft shell crab this visit. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ahimelsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Nothing too exceptional about this experience, but the food is very good, very fresh, very satisfying. The Parker Rolls to start are fantastic!Special Features:
- The clamChristaDined on 8/1/2014Had lunch with my husband and two others. Everyone enjoyed there meals, even the one who was not fond of clams. The dip was creamy and the clams chopped fine so not chewy and the chips perfect. Have to admit, my husband's meal was the best of all of ours, fried belly clams over lobster salad with old bay fries, unbelievable!! I had spaghetti with clam sauce, it was ok, nothing special. Did not get a chance to try chowder, but next time, as we will be back. Our friends had the fish, and soft shell crab and were very happy. We also shared the fried rice, which also was delicious. Everyone was very attentive to us, nothing pretentious at all about the place, felt comfortable and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014My fiancée took me to The Clam after the theatre show. We were first time there and we loved it. We ordered the shrimp coctail and clam chowder. Honestly I can say that this was the best clam chovder soup ever. For the main course we had the black see bass and steak.Those dishes were super delicious as well. We finish our dinner with vanilla ice cream with worm cherries , recommended by the waitress , super light and perfect way to finish this lovely meal. We got complimentary drinks, that's classy . The service was outstanding. Thank you Cathrine, chef and staff for making this late dinner an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.