420 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theclamnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122427420x
- Hours of Operation:
We are open for lunch, brunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3pm
Saturdays, Sundays 10:30am - 3pm
Monday - Thursday 5pm - 11pm
Friday, Saturday 5pm - 12 midnight
Sunday 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Mike Price
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
- Catering: Events are considered our way to bring our restaurant to you. The team at the Clam welcomes inquiries for private dining and off-site catering events. Although we do not have a private room on location, The Clam restaurant in its entirety is available to be reserved for lunch, brunch or dinner service. We will make it available for your invited guests to basically feel like they own the joint. In addition, we are an all-purpose, full service events production company.
- Cross Street: at Leroy Street (also known as St.Luke's Place)
- Public Transit: A, C, E, B, D, F, M trains to West 4th Street; 1 to Christopher or Houston.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Street Parking after 7pm. Closest parking garages are:
Valiant Parking: Leroy & Greenwich
Central Parking: 7th Avenue & Morton
A word from The Clam
The Clam is a new 50 seat neighborhood restaurant drawing its inspiration from one of our favorite ingredients, the clam. Mike Price, chef and co-owner, offers a menu that celebrates seasonal, market driven ingredients as well as showcases influences of the Atlantic seaboard. The menu boasts a variety of clam dishes, some classic, some with a new twist and fun originals. The menu is rounded out with iced shellfish, salads, appetizers as well as meat and local seafood entrées. Desserts follow suit, and are inspired by the seasonal and local market offerings. All made in-house, the approach is simple and straightforward with something for everyone. Our shared vision and common goal is to offer genuine hospitality to our guests, garner relationships and establish ourselves not only as a neighborhood gem but also a Greenwich Village destination where our guests can be confident that their experiences are sure to be exceptional.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
The Clam - Best Restaurants in West Village ›
The Clam reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (97)romantic (46)great for lunch (40)special occasion (34)great for brunch (33)hot spot (29)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Food and interiors were good but i got ruined whole appetite when i found a hair in brioche bread..
- Good Find in West Villagease1707VIPDined on 8/11/2014The Clam serves very good food in its small and attractive setting. Last evening I enjoyed some excellent East and West Coast Oysters. I also munched on the very good clam dip and had the lobster/fired clam roll for my main course. The restaurant was very busy, very loud and everyone seemed to enjoy their time at this enjoyable place in the West Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with how good it wasProsNConsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Friendly and accommodating staff, portions were welcome and generous, prices for two with drinks were reasonable so we will be back. We also think chef has grown since our visit a few years ago to Market Table so that is very good news for everyone except the competition. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I was a little dissapointed since I thought I was getting lunch and not brunch. Once I surrendered to the menu I loved it. Oysters and clam dip were delicious Loved the heirloom salad and the quiche was almost as good as mine. Everything on the menu was fresh and made with TLC. And the service was amazing I would back if I I lived in NYCI would recommend this to a friend.
- RondVIPDined on 8/7/2014Amend the wine list. It needs more aviation and depth and too many higher priced wines dominate.Special Features:
- Perfectly executedJeanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Started with delicious crisp cocktails, followed by fresh delicious seafood. Recommend the lobster clam sandwich. Great service, nice cozy clean ambience. Looking forward to returningSpecial Features:
- consistently terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We just keep coming back. We bring friends and they love it too. Tried the soft shell crab this visit. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ahimelsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Nothing too exceptional about this experience, but the food is very good, very fresh, very satisfying. The Parker Rolls to start are fantastic!Special Features:
- The clamChristaDined on 8/1/2014Had lunch with my husband and two others. Everyone enjoyed there meals, even the one who was not fond of clams. The dip was creamy and the clams chopped fine so not chewy and the chips perfect. Have to admit, my husband's meal was the best of all of ours, fried belly clams over lobster salad with old bay fries, unbelievable!! I had spaghetti with clam sauce, it was ok, nothing special. Did not get a chance to try chowder, but next time, as we will be back. Our friends had the fish, and soft shell crab and were very happy. We also shared the fried rice, which also was delicious. Everyone was very attentive to us, nothing pretentious at all about the place, felt comfortable and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014My fiancée took me to The Clam after the theatre show. We were first time there and we loved it. We ordered the shrimp coctail and clam chowder. Honestly I can say that this was the best clam chovder soup ever. For the main course we had the black see bass and steak.Those dishes were super delicious as well. We finish our dinner with vanilla ice cream with worm cherries , recommended by the waitress , super light and perfect way to finish this lovely meal. We got complimentary drinks, that's classy . The service was outstanding. Thank you Cathrine, chef and staff for making this late dinner an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NYCeatsDined on 7/27/2014Great place to dine for small groups. Seafood is cooked perfectly. Must try their specialties : the clams!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveFood4thoughtDined on 7/27/2014The food exceeded my expectations. Best eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot for seafoodlindy411Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we loved it. Staff was friendly, we were seated on time, the food was excellent. We will definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- the CLAMMaahkusDined on 7/26/2014Decided on the Clam for a Saturday brunch, made reservations but they would not have been needed. Overall we enjoyed the Clam...the raw clams were the freshest we've had in a while. The clam dip was good but the homemade chips served with it weren't that great...clam fried rice = yum! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, sophisticated & charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/24/2014Everything from the personal greeting upon arriving to the charming decor and clean bathrooms to the friendly, easy-going staff was spot-on. And the food was impeccable. Great little spot for any occasion!Special Features:
- Hear the surf, smell the brinenancywVIPDined on 7/24/2014No, there really isn't a scenic view. But something about the calm & pale, graciously dressed, airy 9though small) interior makes me feel as though I'm on the coast. It's one restaurant where I don't hate dining early because the wide Hudson Street windows are alive with the changing light toward sunset. I keep promising myself that I'll order a main dish other than the lobster & fried belly clam roll (which I most recently ask to have served sans roll & with a small salad instead of the perfect fries--& it was brilliant), but I probably never will. Oh, what a fate.Special Features:
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2014The Campechanna Coctel de Camaron was amazing!!! Loved the Clam Belly & Lobster sandwich, too.... although might have liked it just as well if it wasn't fried!!Special Features:
- Wonderful premierOolaDined on 7/23/2014We had a great first visit and will definitely be coming back . Had an amazing King Crab appetizer and the great fried clam and lobster roll -yum!! Lovely ambiance, we got there really early (pre-theatre), and enjoyed the calm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2014Ordered 3 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 sides and a dessert and loved everything. Service and ambience were equally good. I'll be back for sure.
- Good service; Limited MenuPmharryVIPDined on 7/19/2014Service was very very good. Food was excellent. Menu was limited. Too much attention to snacks and appetizers. Main courses were limited. You would think a fish restaurant would have more fish on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad seat changes.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014We were waiting on the bar for a third person, but were offered to move to our table (he thought we were only 2, when our reservation was for more). We chose to stay at the bar. Then he had guests ask to sit at the bar specifically, so we moved to the table. Those guests remained there briefly, then moved to another set of seats at the small bar. Instead of dessert, we ordered a bottle of wine. When our server came by, we asked if he needed the table, he said no. THen the host came and asked if we would move to the bar so they could give the table to someone else. The table service was great-unobtrusive and well-versed on the menu. The restaurant was pretty, but the multiple fans take away from is.The food was delicious(some apps are TINY).
- I LOVE THE CLAMTerriDined on 7/15/2014Mussels get a lot of attention. Too much, for my taste. There's a reason they're drowned in broth and served with fries. Because on their own, they ain't much. But clams! Clams are special. And finally! A restaurant devoted to this most delicious of shellfish! They deserve their own place, and now they have it, on Hudson St. I will absolutely be back. PHENOMENALLY good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cpc1Dined on 7/12/2014Outstanding food and fabulous service. The lobster roll po boy combo and pasta with clams was delicious. Amazing rolls too. The servers were knowledgeable and attentive. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful clams!LILadyDined on 7/12/2014Ate early, before an Off-Broadway play. The Clam was just starting to fill, so we had excellent service. Had a wonderful salad with apricots - very yummy! And the steamer clams, which were super-fresh, clean, tasting mostly of clams, but with a wonderful lemony broth. It was a perfect lite meal!
- Go to The Clam. It rocks!TheclamrocksDined on 7/11/2014The food is exceptional. Every dish is prepared with the freshest of ingredients and the flavors are a true taste sensation. The chef is creative and has a skilled hand with seasoning! I only wish I could have had every dish on the menu!Special Features:
- Best shucking in NYCLuvtheUWSDined on 7/6/2014I am always frustrated that many establishments (even very expensive ones) cut corners when shucking seafood. The Clam did the best shucking job I have seen in a while, scrapping up hard to get muscles and serving them at a perfect temperature fully loaded with succulent shellfish juices. Having grown up the grandson of a fisher, clam and lobsterman (and having duties of preparing the catch for family consumption), I truly appreciate the extra care for this delicate creature from the sea. Great job. (The wine list was also good.)Special Features:
- SENSATIONAL IN EVERY WAY!neighborVIPDined on 7/4/2014Fabulous food, beautiful space, warm atmosphere, lovely service... it's a wonderful new addition to the West Village!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014There were 4 of us and we tried a number of dishes, all were amazing, particularly the clam chowder, spaghetti, king crab, lobster sandwich, even the burger. Service was awesome as well, cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Delicious Lobster RollToopicky4myowngoodDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I heard about the lobster roll with fried clams and it was absolutely delicious - worth the trip in from NJ. Also good oysters/clams, I had the soft shell crab which was good as well. We would eat here again, it is a lovely restaurant with a beautiful ceiling and warm ambiance. The staff was very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- saverinSaverinVIPDined on 6/26/2014Heard good things about The Clam. Lovely room, nice menu, superb ingredients, artfully prepared and served and extremely fine service. Wine list is highly imaginative. Only knock might be elevated prices. A prix fixe lunch would send us back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- a WINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2014I have been to The Clam several times and it is consistently wonderful....the clam sandwich is a must! This past time I tried the clam with the lobster roll....unbelievable! I have had almost everything on the menu and can't wait to try the soft shell crabs! Loved the bread pudding too! You must go...there is nothing that is good.Special Features:
- Was expecting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/24/2014Had higher expectations for that place. Nothing special about it. Food could have more flavors.
- The best.YumtownDined on 6/19/2014Clam chowder, clam fried rice, linguini with clams, lobster and fried clam sandwich.... Best clams in New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Clam is A Jewelase1707VIPDined on 6/16/2014Dinner at The Clam last evening was enjoyable. It was my first time at this special place and it will not be my last. The setting is very pretty and the service was very good. The best part of the evening was the meal. I started with a half dozen oysters that were excellent and served with a delicious vinaigrette on a bed of chopped ice. I also sampled the delicious clam dip ... I had the crispy soft shell crabs served over a coleslaw type salad for my main course and it was amazing. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant where everyone on the staff could not be more professional and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ShowingfoodsternycVIPDined on 6/12/2014We were very excited to try this place given the other restaurants we love in the restaurant group. The clam dip was not clammy and too much sour cream, the oysters rockefeller w/ absinthe breadcrumb were tiny and over powered by alcohol, the flounder was charred to the point it was too bitter to enjoy and the soft shell crab I really enjoyed but it was on some type of mayonnaisey sauce that was not tasty and brought the whole dish down. We will stick to the Little Owl and Market Table.Special Features:
- Fantastic SpotjtnycDined on 6/6/2014This is the best meal and experience we've had in New York in a long time. We absolutely love the Clam. Delicious food and incredibly attentive service with a fabulous ambiance.Special Features:
- Outrageously NoisymakomikeDined on 6/6/2014We were looking forward to the great food which was spoiled by the fact that we could not have a conversation without shouting. The food was excellent but we will not return because of the cacophony.Special Features:
- our new favoriteluv2dineVIPDined on 6/4/2014We can't get enough of Mike Price's fabulous food and great staff. They make us feel so welcome that we just keep wanting to go back. The spaghetti with clams is amazing as the clam dip us in a class of its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying food. Lovely service.WiggyloveVIPDined on 5/25/2014Super enjoyed our first dinner at the Clam. We arrived early, were greeted warmly and had nice drinks at the bar. Clam dip, warm Parker House rolls, Campechana shrimp cocktail, spaghetti and clams, grilled flounder, gingerbread ice cream sandwich and espresso were all delicious. Outstanding service, very gracious. We were very happy to be there and they seemed genuinely happy to have us. Elegant and comfortable. Highly recommend the Clam and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are we in Manhattan or in Maine?nancywVIPDined on 5/25/2014Or are we just in love? We want to spend the summer at the Clam. The hybrid lobster fried belly clam roll is a Downeast glory. I checked off "scenic view" among its attributes because I gazed out on Saint Luke's Place and saw the Atlantic Ocean. The Clam is a dream but completely real: small yet airy & spacious (& you can have, yes, a conversation); inventive food that honors sound tradition & never strains to make a point; service that's warm & crisp in the right proportions. Thank you, Clam people, for bringing us truth & beauty on a roll.Special Features: