The City Grill - Windsor
Windsor, ON N9A4J1Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
The City Grill - Windsor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecitygrillwindsor.com/
- Phone: (519) 915-5948
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday & Wednesday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Thursday 11:30am - 12:00pm
Friday 11:30am - 2:00am
Saturday 4:30pm - 2:00am
Sunday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Mckerness
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Second floor private room overlooking main lounge. Private washrooms, access to integrated A/V system. Can accommodate up 45 seated and 60 stand-up.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Komsa 5199155948x
- Entertainment: Every Saturday Live Piano
A word from The City Grill - Windsor
A casually chic restaurant with a trendy urban feel located in a historic landmark in the heart of downtown Windsor. Serving contemporary cuisine, the menu is a reflection of the great cities of the world. A sophisticated lounge, large patio, along with private dining and meeting space. Lunch, dinner and late night dining available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The City Grill - Windsor - Best Restaurants in Downtown Windsor ›
The City Grill - Windsor reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)special occasion (23)romantic (20)good for groups (19)hot spot (18)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Won't be backKrysta5Dined on 11/8/2014Very expensive for what you get, portions size. Food was just ok. Will not be back. For the money you spend. The keg, spagos, mazars or any where in Erie street is better!Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014I made the reservation on line- very easy, said it was a birthday and requested a quiet table. When we arrived we got a quiet table upstairs. The service was excellent. Our waiter Erin was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Food was cooked to perfection. They even brought our desert out plated with "Happy Birthday" in chocolate sauce. I didn't request this, it was a very thoughtful gesture I can assume from Erin our waiter. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary dinner ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We want to start by saying how grateful we are to have city grill avaible to us in our Windsor community. Thank you to all the staff who put forth great efforts in making our nite memorable. The food was amazing and prepared by who we would label as "master chef shawn!" We will definitely be back! Thanks again for a fantastic culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantsaticarmchairgourmetDined on 10/24/2014Fantastic meal at TCG. Gerry our sever was incredible - attentive without being pushy. New Fall menu is interesting with good mixture of TCG staples and new offerings. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedarmchairgourmetDined on 10/20/2014Six of us dined at TCG. Service was incredible - best I have ever had in Windsor. New Fall/Winter menu which is creative with a surprisingly large selection. What I always like about this place is the consistency - creative food, well prepared with great service. I guess that's the reason why it is by far the best dining experience in the region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisyav8ionDined on 10/18/2014It should be noted that, we attended on a Saturday night, at 8 p.m.. the noise level was so bad that we left after the water was poured. We had to tell to each other to have a conversation. It would be nice to know that Friday and Saturday nights are club night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in WindsorOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014Very good service and food! Carbonara was as original as I've ever seen. Must try when in Windsor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary2413octoberDined on 10/11/2014Enjoyed celebrating our 29th. anniversary at the City Grill. The complimentary champagne and desserts were a nice surprise. The chef came out to the table, a smiling chef by the way, to check on our choices, which were fantastic..salmon and Cornish hen, a new addition to their menu. Thank you Lisa our wait person and the City Grill staff for an amazing dining experience, no wait either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Centre restaurant nice but $$$CmedineoutDined on 10/10/2014I went to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday with 3 friends. The atmosphere was trendy. We were seated right away at a window table facing Ouellette Avenue. The wine list and drink list were given and I noted that the prices were pretty steep. $10 for the cheapest glass of wine and the prices exceeded $300/ glass for others. The mixed drink list was varied but also pricey. I had a cherry lime cooler for $6. The main courses were varied and there seemed to be a lot of seafood dishes. I ordered the special hornish hen with seasonal vegetables. It was $26. It was tasty but not worth the price in my view. The waitress was exceptional. She was tentative and engaging. I had a caramel apple dessert that was delicious but pretty pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomearmchairgourmetDined on 10/4/2014Another fantastic dining experience at TCG. Food was creative and well prepared, service outstanding. I have been here numerous times and the place is always consistent. As for the gentleman from Toronto who wrote a critical review let me say this: I eat in Toronto regularly, there are some great restaurants but there are as many horrible ones. As a contemporary dining restaurant (it is not fine dining as some have suggested) TCG can hold its own with ANY place in TO...at a fraction of the cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food & service!JHP1982Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary at The City Grill. The friendly staff members were extremely professional, pleasant and friendly. Lisa, our server, was very knowledgeable about all menu items. It was nice asking for suggestions and getting suggestions (we didn't get the usual "everything is great" comment that we get from most servers - very refreshing). My husband and I shared a cheese plate appetizer. It was delicious as were the homemade chips. My husband ordered the rack of lamb with a baked potato and I had the flat iron and lobster tail with potatoes and asparagus. The baked lobster was incredible! This was by far the best dining experience we have ever had. We can't wait to go back with our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaiDined on 9/22/2014always enjoy the city grill! Great food, wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for a night outTonyDined on 9/19/2014Food is fresh and made to order, wine list had many varieties of both local and international wines, will be going again in the future. For people looking for a romantic night out its a great place, I wouldn't recommend bringing kids due to the cost and complexity of the food flavours.Special Features:
- Large Group GatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We had a large group for a special occasion. It was flawless! Custom menu was created by their Chef and the servers could not have been better. Such a cool and refreshing concept to have this type of dining in Downtown Windsor.Special Features:
- ChaiDined on 9/6/2014Well done excellent menu Love the tapas. Service excellenntSpecial Features:
- Great DiningEatingAgainDined on 8/29/2014The food is fabulous, we have been there quite a lot and never had a poor meal. Lots of great food on your plate for a reasonable price. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014We were not disappointed with anything,,,,the service ,the food and the atmosphere were just great.Special Features:
- LunchCprimsDined on 8/20/2014I met a friend for lunch this past week. We had both ordered the halibut and it was excellent! Service was efficient and timely. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AwesomeNotSoOftenDinerOuterDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I are from Kitchener-Waterloo, but have fallen in love with Windsor in the recent years. Whenever we visit(which is usually around our anniversary time), we always have a romantic dinner at The City Grill. The menu is superb- the meats are of excellent quality, and the desserts are served in a very unique way- little portions inside shot glass sized dishes. We don't go out for dinner very often, as we are home-based foodies, but this is one, on a very short list of restaurants that we will venture out for.Special Features:
- DisappointedFrauDined on 8/3/2014They were short staffed, didn't cook my tenderloin properly, didn't receive what I ordered, and really messed up on the Bernais Sauce; awful. All that plus it's expensive, they didn't live up to a fine dining reputation.
- expecting morehorrible5Dined on 8/2/2014For the price the food was horrible. Presentation looked great taste was horrible.
- DBaranosky29Dined on 8/1/2014By far the best restaurant I have ever been to... My friends all say the keg is the best restranut but THIS RESTYRANT TAKES THE CAKESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphDined on 7/29/2014Excellent décor. Prices reasonable. Food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 310 reviews are from the The City Grill - Windsor reviews archive.
- Food that meets no otherjamesbond3Dined on 7/18/2014If you are ever in Windsor you have to stop in and check out City Bar And Grill they have some of the most attentive wait staff I have come across and the food is nothing but outstanding, would I go again Dam Right I would I am going to spread the word to all my friends that they need to Check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great foodDinerCCDined on 7/16/2014Great food as always, beautiful establishment. Service was a little slow this time (server had a large party to attend to) but the wait staff are always friendly and normally quite attentive (maybe overly so at times). A little pricey to make it a regular spot for a workday lunch, more of a once every month or two place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StunningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2014Stunning decor, stunning service, amazing presentation and tasty food. Hats off to the Chef and staff.
- DisappointmentMexicanVIPDined on 7/8/2014-Very slow food even if there were about 10% of tables were occupied. The entire simple meal last almost 2 hours. -Table service was sub-standard. More like a cheap restuarant. Definitely not worth the premium price you pay. -I had a flight of 3 fillet mignon. The meat was horrible. Not worth $38 for 3 x 3oz steak. I am from Toronto and had a business meeting in Windsor area. Tried this restaurant since it seems to be a famous local place. Turns out horrible. Would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Most Consistent In WindsorarmchairgourmetDined on 6/21/2014TCG continues to impress and is without doubt the most consistent place to dine in Windsor. New menu is likely the best so far. Server told us they have a lobster tank in the basement to ensure freshest available. Service was attentive without being over the top. Best decor in Windsor too. These guys do it right. Keep it up. BTW as for value - I wish people would compare what fast food or the Keg cost!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Had the lobster dinner and it was delicious! Compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- City Grill- WindsorTurkVIPDined on 6/8/2014A 'find' in a terrific city. The lobster bisque was chock full of fish and smooth as silk. The Maylaysian Chicken preparation was as good as any I have had. This young chef knows what he's doing and diners benefit from his creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The City Grill!WindsorDined on 6/7/2014We always have a great time at TCG. We love bringing friends for the first time. Great 'show off' dinner! Beautiful bar, excellent menu, personable staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality!lovegoodfoodDined on 5/30/2014We have dined her several times, and are always impressed by the quality of the ingredients and the time and care that goes into the preparation of the food. Great atmosphere, excellent staff, and delicious savoury food. Who could ask for more?!Special Features:
- Nicely done!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/20/2014First visit. Top drawer. Great service and tasty food. Black cod was amazing!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service excellent food!SprintbabyDined on 5/16/2014Gerry was an excellent server and we all appreciated his talking French to us - food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/11/2014The staff and management put together a great dining experience on this very special day. The wide selection of tasty food was was appreciated by all.Our table of 25 was serviced by Stephanie who did a great job...Well done young lady.The Chef and his staff continue to amaze.....Special Features:
- OutstandingarmchairgourmetDined on 5/10/2014I have been to The City Grill many times over the past three years. The most recent visit confirmed for me that this is by far the best restaurant in Windsor. They have just launched the Spring/Summer menu and too be honest I think it is the best so far. The night we were there it was quite busy with several very large groups - always a concern that you get lost in the crowd when this happens. Not so - the service was on point, the dishes were creative and well executed. The meal and overall experience was outstanding. TCG is in a tough spot, because they have proven they are the best around people expect the best all the time and delivering consistent food and service in a place this big can be tough, but they always manage to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinallyarmchairgourmetDined on 4/27/2014Finally we have place in Windsor that can be described as a real 'dining experience'. There are some very nice neighbourhood places scattered around town and of course the pasta and meatball joints but we are a wasteland when it comes to good dining. This place is NOT fine dining but it certainly is the finest around. Excellent food food and service with a really nice decor and feel. The whole place has the big city feel which I suspect is exactly what the owners were trying to achieve - great bar area. I chuckled as I read the reviews before I booked - 'expensive' 'pricey for what you get'. Give me a break, it is likely the best valued food around town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerbexisloveDined on 4/26/2014Had my birthday dinner here and the staff and host were great, however the waitress wasn't too kind and sporadically asked for our drink orders instead of asking us all at once. Food was great, a little pricey but it was expected with the quality of food. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2014We brought friends there for the first time...they were so impressed.The service and the food was superb.
- Great Easter Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Excellent Easter brunch. Nice variety of food (Omelette station, carving board, multiple selections of hot food, salad and dessert bar) and everything was delicious. Servers and staff were extremely attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.