The City Grill - Windsor
Windsor, ON N9A4J1Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
The City Grill - Windsor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecitygrillwindsor.com/
- Phone: 5199155948x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday & Wednesday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Thursday 11:30am - 12:00pm
Friday 11:30am - 2:00am
Saturday 4:30pm - 2:00am
Sunday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Mckerness
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Second floor private room overlooking main lounge. Private washrooms, access to integrated A/V system. Can accommodate up 45 seated and 60 stand-up.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Komsa 5199155948x
- Entertainment: Every Saturday Live Piano
A word from The City Grill - Windsor
A casually chic restaurant with a trendy urban feel located in a historic landmark in the heart of downtown Windsor. Serving contemporary cuisine, the menu is a reflection of the great cities of the world. A sophisticated lounge, large patio, along with private dining and meeting space. Lunch, dinner and late night dining available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The City Grill - Windsor - Best Restaurants in Downtown Windsor ›
The City Grill - Windsor reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)special occasion (16)romantic (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Large Group GatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We had a large group for a special occasion. It was flawless! Custom menu was created by their Chef and the servers could not have been better. Such a cool and refreshing concept to have this type of dining in Downtown Windsor.Special Features:
- ChaiDined on 9/6/2014Well done excellent menu Love the tapas. Service excellenntSpecial Features:
- Great DiningEatingAgainDined on 8/29/2014The food is fabulous, we have been there quite a lot and never had a poor meal. Lots of great food on your plate for a reasonable price. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014We were not disappointed with anything,,,,the service ,the food and the atmosphere were just great.Special Features:
- LunchCprimsDined on 8/20/2014I met a friend for lunch this past week. We had both ordered the halibut and it was excellent! Service was efficient and timely. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AwesomeNotSoOftenDinerOuterDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I are from Kitchener-Waterloo, but have fallen in love with Windsor in the recent years. Whenever we visit(which is usually around our anniversary time), we always have a romantic dinner at The City Grill. The menu is superb- the meats are of excellent quality, and the desserts are served in a very unique way- little portions inside shot glass sized dishes. We don't go out for dinner very often, as we are home-based foodies, but this is one, on a very short list of restaurants that we will venture out for.Special Features:
- DisappointedFrauDined on 8/3/2014They were short staffed, didn't cook my tenderloin properly, didn't receive what I ordered, and really messed up on the Bernais Sauce; awful. All that plus it's expensive, they didn't live up to a fine dining reputation.
- expecting morehorrible5Dined on 8/2/2014For the price the food was horrible. Presentation looked great taste was horrible.
- DBaranosky29Dined on 8/1/2014By far the best restaurant I have ever been to... My friends all say the keg is the best restranut but THIS RESTYRANT TAKES THE CAKESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphDined on 7/29/2014Excellent décor. Prices reasonable. Food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that meets no otherjamesbond3Dined on 7/18/2014If you are ever in Windsor you have to stop in and check out City Bar And Grill they have some of the most attentive wait staff I have come across and the food is nothing but outstanding, would I go again Dam Right I would I am going to spread the word to all my friends that they need to Check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great foodDinerCCDined on 7/16/2014Great food as always, beautiful establishment. Service was a little slow this time (server had a large party to attend to) but the wait staff are always friendly and normally quite attentive (maybe overly so at times). A little pricey to make it a regular spot for a workday lunch, more of a once every month or two place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StunningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2014Stunning decor, stunning service, amazing presentation and tasty food. Hats off to the Chef and staff.
- DisappointmentMexicanVIPDined on 7/8/2014-Very slow food even if there were about 10% of tables were occupied. The entire simple meal last almost 2 hours. -Table service was sub-standard. More like a cheap restuarant. Definitely not worth the premium price you pay. -I had a flight of 3 fillet mignon. The meat was horrible. Not worth $38 for 3 x 3oz steak. I am from Toronto and had a business meeting in Windsor area. Tried this restaurant since it seems to be a famous local place. Turns out horrible. Would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Most Consistent In WindsorarmchairgourmetDined on 6/21/2014TCG continues to impress and is without doubt the most consistent place to dine in Windsor. New menu is likely the best so far. Server told us they have a lobster tank in the basement to ensure freshest available. Service was attentive without being over the top. Best decor in Windsor too. These guys do it right. Keep it up. BTW as for value - I wish people would compare what fast food or the Keg cost!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Had the lobster dinner and it was delicious! Compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- City Grill- WindsorTurkVIPDined on 6/8/2014A 'find' in a terrific city. The lobster bisque was chock full of fish and smooth as silk. The Maylaysian Chicken preparation was as good as any I have had. This young chef knows what he's doing and diners benefit from his creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The City Grill!WindsorDined on 6/7/2014We always have a great time at TCG. We love bringing friends for the first time. Great 'show off' dinner! Beautiful bar, excellent menu, personable staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality!lovegoodfoodDined on 5/30/2014We have dined her several times, and are always impressed by the quality of the ingredients and the time and care that goes into the preparation of the food. Great atmosphere, excellent staff, and delicious savoury food. Who could ask for more?!Special Features:
- Nicely done!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/20/2014First visit. Top drawer. Great service and tasty food. Black cod was amazing!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the The City Grill - Windsor reviews archive.
- Great service excellent food!SprintbabyDined on 5/16/2014Gerry was an excellent server and we all appreciated his talking French to us - food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/11/2014The staff and management put together a great dining experience on this very special day. The wide selection of tasty food was was appreciated by all.Our table of 25 was serviced by Stephanie who did a great job...Well done young lady.The Chef and his staff continue to amaze.....Special Features:
- OutstandingarmchairgourmetDined on 5/10/2014I have been to The City Grill many times over the past three years. The most recent visit confirmed for me that this is by far the best restaurant in Windsor. They have just launched the Spring/Summer menu and too be honest I think it is the best so far. The night we were there it was quite busy with several very large groups - always a concern that you get lost in the crowd when this happens. Not so - the service was on point, the dishes were creative and well executed. The meal and overall experience was outstanding. TCG is in a tough spot, because they have proven they are the best around people expect the best all the time and delivering consistent food and service in a place this big can be tough, but they always manage to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinallyarmchairgourmetDined on 4/27/2014Finally we have place in Windsor that can be described as a real 'dining experience'. There are some very nice neighbourhood places scattered around town and of course the pasta and meatball joints but we are a wasteland when it comes to good dining. This place is NOT fine dining but it certainly is the finest around. Excellent food food and service with a really nice decor and feel. The whole place has the big city feel which I suspect is exactly what the owners were trying to achieve - great bar area. I chuckled as I read the reviews before I booked - 'expensive' 'pricey for what you get'. Give me a break, it is likely the best valued food around town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerbexisloveDined on 4/26/2014Had my birthday dinner here and the staff and host were great, however the waitress wasn't too kind and sporadically asked for our drink orders instead of asking us all at once. Food was great, a little pricey but it was expected with the quality of food. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2014We brought friends there for the first time...they were so impressed.The service and the food was superb.
- Great Easter Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Excellent Easter brunch. Nice variety of food (Omelette station, carving board, multiple selections of hot food, salad and dessert bar) and everything was delicious. Servers and staff were extremely attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch PlaceSeanDined on 4/20/2014We have been to City Grill few times for brunch and have been satisfied with the service, food and the ambiance. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere so you can sit and enjoy your food and not feel rushed. Kids like the place as it is well lit and does not feel too dark like most restaurants do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/17/2014Had a wonderful diner with a group of friends. Place was busy but subdued until around 9:00-9:30ish then the DJ started. The place started getting very busy with a young professional crowd and what was suppose to be just dinner turned into a great night out. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a Big City feel in Windsor. Food, Service and Atmosphere is certainly the best I have seen in Windsor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatsoutlotsDined on 4/16/2014We had a great dinner, food was great, presentation great. Service a little slow, but we weren't in any hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeartyKikiDined on 4/11/2014When we left I was so full because the food was thick. They explained they were still on the winter menu but even the pasta sauce was gummy. Don't get me wrong the food was tasty but it could have been less weighed down by the thick sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One special spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/8/2014I dine here about once a month and look forward to it every time. The service has improved by leaps and bounds! The food has always been spectacular. Tuna Wonton Tacos, Short Rib Entree(best i've ever had), peanut butter chocolate cake......do I need to say more? I highly recommend giving it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good group meeting venueSuzyDined on 4/7/2014This restaurant is a must if you are in windsor. Great food and atmosphere. the food was excellent and we had a private room for a meeting. the service was awesome too! Highly recommend it and it is a go-to everytime I am in Windsor.Special Features:
- bacon festivalbeergirlDined on 3/29/2014Not only on trend but innovation was clearly evident. Excellent value friendly professional service. A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We waited too long to eat. The menu has limited vegetarian options and is very pricey. We were sitting with empty glasses for a long time and although the little pieces of bread they brought to the table were delishious there wasn't enough and we waited forever for refills on that as well. The waiter was super friendly but I wouldn't go back just for the service. If you want to charge so much for the food the time waited should be minimized. We were late for our next reservation on account of the time it took for us to eat.Special Features:
- Large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014We had booked a group lunch for our office team. The restaurant allowed us to preorder our meals to ensure we were back at the office in a timely manner. The food was delicious and everyone received what they ordered without delay. The service was friendly and efficient. The only delay was at the end of the meal when change had to be made for the individual payments. This type of delay is expected with a large group with multiple payments, so we were not surprised or disappointed. Overall this was an excellent experience, and we will return.Special Features:
- Went for the Bacon event andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2014Went for the Bacon event and they definitely delivered. I reccomend the BLT caesar to drink it was delicious with a bacon bit rimmed glass :)Special Features:
- MetropolisShabba70Dined on 3/8/2014This is my third time here for dinner, love the décor, the atmosphere, music is great, great menu! Overall, this place is fabulous, food and service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - a real find!RickVIPDined on 3/7/2014City Grill was the best! I rarely give a restaurant an "outstanding" review, but this one deserves it. I came across on the Tunnel Bus from Detroit after spending nearly a week downtown on business, with the gloomy and overpriced options there. It may seem like a lot of trouble crossing the border just to have dinner, but it was so worth it! I'd go back in a heartbeat. Great food, great service. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experienceStarDined on 3/2/2014Everything was amazing, the food was delicious! The crab cakes are mouth watering amazing! Chowder was great and also shared the goat cheese appetizer dish and your burger with the caramelized onions ...! Service was excellent and very friendly! Would go back in a heart beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.