The City Dock - Sheraton Norfolk Waterside
777 Waterside Drive
Norfolk, VA 23510Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The City Dock - Sheraton Norfolk Waterside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sheratonnorfolkwaterside.com/restaurant
- Phone: (757) 640-2740
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Cillizza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Events of all sizes are welcome at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. Our downtown Norfolk location and conference center-style layout make us ideal for corporate meetings, business galas, seminars, training sessions and interviewing. Whatever your meeting needs are, there is sure to be a fitting space at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. With 16 meeting spaces totaling 35,000 square feet, our event facilities are sure to provide excellent flexibility and convenience. We are the only downtown Norfolk hotel with a waterfront ballroom featuring amazing views of the harbor and a large patio.
- Private Party Facilities: Riverwalk Room-As the only downtown Norfolk hotel with a waterfront ballroom, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside is able to deliver an unparalleled event experience with amazing views. The Riverwalk Room consists of 4,000 square feet with an additional 1,200-square-foot verandah for the perfect outdoor function. Contact us about our speciality private dining menu options that directly reflect the cuisine and service you have come to expect in The City Dock. Pool Deck- Experience our outdoor pool deck located directly off of the restaurant featuring manicured landscaping and river/harbor views. Pool-side dining at it"s best featuring great areas for reception style events and smaller side-down dinners. Start off you special evening pool-side for cocktails and appetizers before moving into our waterfront ballroom, the Riverwalk.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Martin 7576226664x1155
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Entertainment - Skip Hancock every Wednesday from 4:30pm-7:30pm. Please contact us for further details at 757.640.2740.
A word from The City Dock - Sheraton Norfolk Waterside
Featuring contemporary American regional cuisine. The only waterfront restaurant in downtown Norfolk, specializing in seafood and regional favorites including fresh catch, Certified Angus Beef steaks, burgers, and appetizers in an informal, relaxed setting with bright, open airy décor, vibrant patios and bar area, terrific views of the harbor, and a flexible fun menu. Offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, our menu features signature dishes such as our City Dock Benedict during breakfast, our panini sandwiches and crab macaroni and cheese for lunch, and our Atlantic sea scallops, grilled ahi tuna, and our locally grown oyster mushroom and tofu saute on our dinner menu. Kid friendly menu offerings accompany the regular menu. Our bar and lounge features and eclectic bar menu that brings people together. Signature specialties include our rosemary tenderloin skewers and our smoked gouda, sauvignon blanc, and blue crab fondue. FREE VALET PARKING!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The City Dock - Sheraton Norfolk Waterside reviews from OpenTable diners
- This restaurant was horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/19/2011This restaurant was horrible! After waiting for an hour for our salads, we spoke with the Manager. He was very defensive as to why our food was so late (basically saying it wasn't his fault). Then when we asked if it would be possible to get some sort of discount, he questioned us as if he were crazy for asking!
- I gave it a second chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2011I gave it a second chance and tried it again after a sketchy first eperience. I wont do it again. We went on 4th of July to be pre-staged" for fireworks and it was not a good time. They obviously has more people than the usual none, but were completely overwhelmed by the handful of tables. The lights blinked for 2 seconds which apparently tripped the fryer off-line and they never recovered. I dont know who that effected the non-fried appetizer we ordered way before the lights went off to take nearly an hour from when we ordered... Maybe bringing us bread or a cracker would have been a good idea. They took no such initiative. The waitstaff has no idea how to visit their tables in an pattern to check on each on the way to the kitchen.Special Features:
- Meal we reserved did not exist!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2011we arrived at brunch sunday to find that they were no longer serving sunday brunch. unfortunately it was fathers day so we were unable to get in anywhere else. they tried to blame it on opentable even though it was their website which oromoted their sunday brunch from 1130 to 230 and it was their website that linked me to you. very, very unprofessional and disappointing.
- Excellent meal and excellentcherosuVIPDined on 6/4/2011Excellent meal and excellent staff! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Food was good, portions wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2011Food was good, portions were small for the price with little addition- no bread for the table, only some greens along with the crab cakes, etc. Service was slow in a mostly empty restaurant-- great views of the water!Special Features:
- There are several great restaurantshappyVIPDined on 5/28/2011There are several great restaurants in Norfolk and this one did not meet that level. It seemed that the restaurant was there just because it was attached to a hotel. I would not return.
- Love the City DockOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011I loved this place. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed the experience. The Jazz band was outstanding. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Had a wonderful Mothers' DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011Had a wonderful Mothers' Day Brunch! Wasn't too crowded and so much delicious food! Also was only $28 when advertised as $32.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2011The hostes did not show any attention to our table until we had been seated almost 20 minutes. It was at least 10 minutes before anyone brought water to our table, 15 minutes before I had to call the hostess to our table, and 20 minutes before we had a waitress sent to our table. The hostess acted as if we were not welcome, even though we had a reservation and our name appeared on the reservation list. She displayed an attitudet towards us when she asked us who sat us, and then it got worse when we asked her if anyone would be waiting on our table. I complained to the manager on duty but felt as if nothing woulf be done about my complaint. VERY doubtful that I will dine at this location again or recommend it to family and friends.
- Quality food for the price,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2011Quality food for the price, great views, relaxing!Special Features:
- We happened to eat here onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2011We happened to eat here on a Friday jazz night and enjoyed a great 3 piece jazz ensamble with our meal. The drinks were generous, the food was good, and the music was surprisingly terrific! We had a great time.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2011The food was excellent, as was the service. The restaurant itself seems cavernous, but it is possible to have a quiet dinner for two. They do offer complimentary valet and it is a pleasant walk down to Town Point Park.Special Features:
- Apparently our order somehowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2011Apparently our order somehow got lost, so we waited a very long time for our food. However, the food was so good it was worth the wait, and our waitress, Julie, did everything she could to make up for it. We had a great evening!Special Features:
- Went to see Ra Jazz, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011Went to see Ra Jazz, great band. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Great place to dine overlookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2011Great place to dine overlooking the water! Such a hidden gem and fantastic Italian and seafood dishes - had a hard time deciding what to order. Very friendly staff also and it was a great treat to take my wife here for our anniversary!Special Features:
- went to see the bandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2011My wife and I chose this place to see the band, Ra Jazz, which played at our wedding and reception. Food was good and the service was surprisingly attentive, considering how crowded the place was and how few servers. It was a very nice evening.Special Features:
- Overall our experiance wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Overall our experiance was fair, our waiter was very unattentive and slightly rude. The waiter that serviced tables around us seemed to be Excellent!Special Features:
- Restaurant did not give OpenMedArts1VIPDined on 12/25/2010Restaurant did not give Open Table info that dinner on Xmas night was pre-set and price-fixe only, until 8pm. We needed a 5:30 seating. I had looked forward to their items on their regular menu. Coffee served room temperature; sent back for hot cup. Appetizer and salad were nice. Only 1 entree -- primerib, cut of meat not great. Dessert tiramasu was good.
- This was our first visit hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010This was our first visit here & it was Christmas Eve before I looked for a place that was open Christmas Day & booked a reservation. We appreciate they were open for the day & served us a good meal. They seemed a little overwhelmed by the number of guests. The restaurant was tastefully decorated for Christmas & the view was beautiful. We will try them again - thanks.
- Service was slow the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/5/2010Service was slow the night we went even though there wasn't a lot of people. We got a table overlooking the water which was really nice. Food was really good! Go for the she crab soup and the crabcakes..YUM!Special Features:
- We experienced the ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010We experienced the Thanksgiving buffet: wonderful selection of foods and all so lovely presented and tasteful. The servers and hostesses were attentive and pleasant and the selection of music perfect. No rush, no fuss, just relaxing and pleasant.Special Features:
- Service was okay. LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/20/2010Service was okay. Location was awesome. Food was great.Special Features:
- I've had this restaurantsCityslickerVIPDined on 11/19/2010I've had this restaurants crabcakes - excellent. This time I ordered the scallops and I thought they were lacking a bit in flavor. Everything else on the plate was OK but the main dish didn't have a great deal of flavor. We also ordered some steamed soybeans (edemame) but they had a weird after taste, something odd, maybe they were frozen instead of fresh. Not sure. Both the server and manager looked at us as if they didn't believe us. At $4 I couldn't imagine sending it back ruffling many feathers. Oh well. Good points were the bread, garlicky with gooey cheese. Probably not great FOR you but very tasty. And the waterside view is nice as well.Special Features:
- Awesome views on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2010Awesome views on the water and fantastic food! Great friendly service!Special Features:
- This was our first time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2010This was our first time visiting City Dock. The atmosphere was awesome especially for the romantic evening I had planned. The view at night was breathtaking! We were last customers to eat because we had last reservations; however, the food was great and the server was very helpful. Thanks for tip on She-Crab Soup...it was delicious! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great find and it's on theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2010Great find and it's on the water - I loved the lamb dinner special and my wife enjoyed the seared rockfish. Great prices and wine list was decent and affordable. Friendly staff too.Special Features:
- We went for an early dinnerCityslickerVIPDined on 8/25/2010We went for an early dinner so there wasn't anyone else in the restaurant. But they have amazing crabcakes and I'm from Maryland. Another reviewer said the same and I have to agree. Best cakes I've ever had. The staff is really sweet. Free valet makes it convenient. We happened to be there on a Wednesday when they have free win tasting so we were brought 2 samples to our table. Can't beat that. Their dinner bread is also a must-try...warm and buttery with melted mozzarella.Special Features:
- Best crab cakes I have everOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2010Best crab cakes I have ever had in my life and I am from Maryland! Great views of the river and we sat on their patio which is very comfortable. Great wines which are a good value also, very affordable menu with friendly service.Special Features:
- Food choices are limited butEchevarriaVIPDined on 7/26/2010Food choices are limited but are all well prepared. The view is nice if you don't look at the shipyards across the bay. Very nice for happy hour as a large crowd gathered but the noise was very low.
- Took my Husband there forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2010Took my Husband there for Fathers Day lunch. We were seated immediately, and the service was good. Everyone enjoyed their meal very much. My steak was delicious!Special Features:
- This dining experience ismew1222Dined on 6/20/2010This dining experience is one of the worst I have encountered in any restaurant. The flyer regarding a Father's Day event at this restaurant was deceiving. The cost was $28.00 per person. The food consisted of any steak on the menu and included a salad and potato bar, and dessert. The salad bar had lettuce, croutons, cheese, potato salad, macaroni salad, and baked potatoes wrapped in foil with bacon bits as toppings for the baked potatoes. Medium well steak is cooked as medium rare.The dessert was only chocolate cake and cheese cake. We would have fared better at Golden Corral at $12 per person for all you can eat. Btw, the view was a "BARGE". My family was very disappointed about the whole event. This is not what I expected at all.
- Good Food... HORRIBLE SERVICE.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2010Good Food... HORRIBLE SERVICE. We were one of two tables in the entire restaurant. After an hour I questioned about the food, and she apologized, and then claimed she was unaware that it had been this long of a time. Do not waste your time, there are greater places to go in Norfolk.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch $29/p.vanativeVIPDined on 5/9/2010Mother's Day Brunch $29/p. No seating at 11AM because of late hotel breakfast diners and the buffet not being ready. The mgmt team was frazzled and not friendly. Once inside we were seated in an area that had no waiter assigned! The breakfast items/omelet station (1 attendant) were located near the entry which caused long lines and confusion. We decided to have the lunch items: the carved beef/ham were done very well with rolls/condiments. There was a great self serve seafood station - shrimp, mussels, poached salmon - no serving utensils for the salmon! Great mashed potatoes but no cooked vegetables - fruit/cheese/olive/veggie trays. City Dock is a hotel restaurant w/ a great view. No need to eat here unless you are a guest.
- Our server Teresa was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2010Our server Teresa was very lackadaisical and not very attentive. I ordered ice tea and after asking for sugar twice, I had to get some off another table. I order a pasta entree and had to ask for parmesean cheese. When asked, Teresa seemed surprised that I didn't already have it. The food was Ok, but based on the temperature when it arrived at our table, it had been sitting at the pass for quite a long time
- Great place on the water!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2010Great place on the water! Friendly and genuine people working here. The rockfish special I had was awesome - a nice seared fillet with a great salsa!Special Features: