The Chop House - Grand Rapids
190 Monroe Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Chop House - Grand Rapids
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thechophouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6164516184
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chop House in Grand Rapids offers not just one private dining area's but three! The Napa Suite enclosed in glass can seat up to 40, The Maduro Room with it's elegantly comfortable tables & decor offers seating for up to 20 & the Semi Private Dining in the main dining room can accommodate up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Harry Johnson 8884563463
A word from The Chop House - Grand Rapids
The Chop House in Grand Rapids features the finest in Midwestern, grain-fed meats, USDA Prime beef & premium wines in a refined & elegant setting. Roasted Rack of Venison, Luscious Australian Rib Lamb Chop, Succulent Caviar & Fresh Lobster grace the menu. Perfect for that special night out or for entertaining business clients, The Chop House features specialized private dining areas tailored to meet your every need. To complete this unparalleled dining experience head next door to La Dolce Vita, our specially designed Dessert & Cigar Lounge & treat yourself to sinfully delicious fine desserts hand crafted by our own Pastry Chef. The Chop House is the place to treat yourself to consummately satisfying fine dining. Prepare To Be Pampered... click here for special events and promotions information http://msventures.com/thechophouse_web/pages/chop_grand.htmlContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Chop House - Grand Rapids - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
The Chop House - Grand Rapids reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)romantic (102)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (8)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent - - - as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The Chop House Grand Rapids NEVER disappoints in food or service. First class all the way.Special Features:
- Old time steak houseLANG0DDined on 9/13/2014Went here for my sons 20th birthday. Service was excellent, food was good. Amazingly the seafood was much better than the steaks. Excellent bar and wine, with interactive menus. A very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Best in GRbestDined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding. The service was great. The GM Harry was on point with the food and appearance. Jennifer was our server and her knowledge of the menu and wine list was impeccable. I have been to all the major fine dining establishments in GR and this is the best.Special Features:
- Perfect MealInjoyfoodDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a quiet meal with dear friends. At the chop house you can hear table conversation without yelling. The food as always amazing. My husband always enjoys the Beef Wellington and I sea food. This is one of the reasons we love the Chop House. They prepare sea food and Steak equally well ! I Look forward to the next occasion that brings us to the Chop House.Special Features:
- capped off 24 yearsjeffvDined on 9/12/2014The Chop House was a wonderful way for us to punctuate 24 years of marriage! They actually read and responded to my request for a secluded table to celebrate our anniversary AND congratulated us upon our arrival for our years of marriage. After several times of restaurants ignoring a request for a table not on the main walkway in, it was wonderful to have them accommodate us. Our waiter Tim was wonderful, fun and witty, there when we needed him and gone when we did not. His suggestions were spot on for food and drink combos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catherine made it specialcateVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our server, Catherine, made it an extra-special event. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In town for a concertArchRegDined on 9/8/2014We had the scallops and swordfish it was a fantastic meal The menu was on a tablet and that made it so easy to read in the lower lightingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broken a/cTooHotDined on 9/5/2014Experience was ok but the air conditioning was broken and it was way too warm inside to enjoy myself. Food was very good but over priced. I think it's a good place for those who enjoy paying big dollars just to say they did.Special Features:
- Our wedding anniversary49andcountingDined on 9/3/2014A wonderful anniversary dinning experience. Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationTammiSueDined on 8/30/2014All was perfect. Fun cocktails, amazing steaks and best sides! Service like no other!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!ivansaysDined on 8/22/2014Seven of us celebrated 2 birthdays with great food delivered in great fashion!! Super evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Exceptional food, exceptional service..always a pleasureSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerTonyDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went to The Chop House in Grand Rapids for her birthday this year and we were not disappointed. When I made reservations, I noted that it was for my wife's birthday and when we arrived, they greeted her saying, "Happy Birthday, Christie". It was a nice touch. All of the wait staff also wished her a happy birthday and when we we seated at our table, there was a birthday card waiting, signed by all of the staff. The menu's were very nice, as they were presented on tablets that showed pictures for every item on the list as well as drink pairings for those specific items. Best of all, at the end of the dinner, we were given 50% off of our food bill for her birthday! Everyone was extremely nice & professional! This place is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!Jwd1963Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our daughter's 18th and had a fine experience. The food is remarkable! And with the birthday special we were able to keep our bill under control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsEmilyDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed dining here for our 2nd wedding anniversary and the experience was amazing. Delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBasso53HuckDined on 8/14/2014Jennifer did a fantastic job. My girlfriend and I came out to celebrate my birthday and she made the overall experience wonderful for us. She was attentive, timely, polite and very knowledgable. To add to the occasion the food was above expectation and service from additional servers was exemplary. We will definitely be making this a tradition from now on. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but priceyJimboDined on 8/14/2014We started with the lobster bisque - which was to die for. I had the steak au poivre which was terrific; my wife had the scallops which she thought were great. We also had the spinach with garlic which was perfectly prepared. The bread served before the meal was also excellent. Certainly the best restaurant meal we have had in GR, but easily the most expensive!Special Features:
- Superb!1CharliesfanDined on 8/11/2014Fantastic food and awesome service. By far the very best restaurant in Grand Rapids!Special Features:
- Memorable ServiceJayEllisIVDined on 8/9/2014Unless you have a liberal expense account, this is great $$$$ place best visited on a very special occasion. All service staff members are incredibly well trained and exemplify the best of midwestern customer service -- quick, respectful, accommodating and very pleasant -- not officious, in-your-face, nor overly impressed with themselves for getting hired by such a good restaurant. Our entrees were exceptional with surprisingly large portions. I had the largest single serving of swordfish ever, and she had a "petite" filet mignon that exceeded any petite measurements. Both were prepared simply but deliciously. We loved the menus on iPads with deep details on all food selections, but tapping and swiping thru the notable wine list was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalslvdDined on 8/8/2014One of, if not, the best dinning experience we have ever had, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 8/7/2014The food was fair and I was expecting much more based on the feedback from others. The steak was good but was not cooked as ordered and the crab / lobster cakes were very dry with too much bread filler. However, the service was great so that helped to make the evening enjoyable.
- redhawkdad88redhawkdad88Dined on 8/7/2014I thought the food was a little pricey. It was quite loud for our romantic anniversary dinner. We went Ruth's Chris across the street last year and had a nicer/quiter meal. I will say that the potatoes au-gratin are phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningmegz2014Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I were celebrating our first anniversary and we were looking for a nice place to celebrate. We definitely made the right decision! The restaurant is beautiful and the service is top notch. All of our food was spot on and cooked perfectly. We loved the menus on the tablets with pictures. Everyone went out of their way to make our night special, including having our dessert come out with "Happy Anniversary" written in caramel on the plate!! We have been recommending the place to all our friends and family.Special Features:
- Great ambience ...food okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This is a great restaurant for a special occasion. I ordered the cowboy steak medium...came out more like medium rare...had to stop eating by the time I got to the middle because the temperature was too rare for me. We also ordered the parmesan asparagus. The asparagus was cooked perfectly but the parmesan was just a pile of cheese on top. The lump peeled right off...didn't really make sense. Wine was excellent. Waitress listened to what out table liked and found a happy medium for all to enjoy. We also had the mojito. I absolutely love mojitos and order them every where I go. This one was okay. Could have used a little more simple syrup and the mint milled a little more to help infuse that flavor.Special Features:
- Deliciousmj17Dined on 7/29/2014Food was amazing, but you definitely pay the price for that. The service was great and very attentive. The only negative was that it was too cold (should have brought a sweater) and the lighting was a little too dark.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationExceptionaldinnerDined on 7/28/2014Birthday discount was an exceptional deal. Food was outstanding; waitress was extremely friendly, knew how to describe all the dishes and wines, and overall made excellent recommendations based on our tastes. The food, atmosphere, and service was well worth the money. Unfortunately, the cost limits how often we can frequent it (especially without the birthday deal).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exelent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014exelent place would definitely recomend it for a special ocacion took my girlfriend there for our anniversary and she loved itSpecial Features:
- Special place for special occasionBearfoodDined on 7/25/2014The Chop House is my go to option whenever I'm celebrating a special occasion. I can't say enough good things about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a king, or queen!ckluckydogDined on 7/25/2014Steak was amazing! The filet was perfectly cooked and the scallop potatoes were to die for. House salad with creamy garlic dressing was really good, perfectly dressed. The NY strip was also very good, perfectly good with a good sear.Special Features:
- Chop House is always exceptional!MainStreetfanDined on 7/25/2014We've gone to the Chop House in Ann Arbor many times over the years, as well as many of the other restaurants in the Main Street Ventures group of restaurants. Now we can easily say the Chop House - Ann Arbor or - Grand Rapids is a treat and well worth the dining experience.Special Features:
- Great attention to detail.LuvtheambianceDined on 7/25/2014The visit to the Chop House was a great way to start the evening to celebrate our anniversary! Very attentive and friendly service on behalf of the staff. Great attention to detail. The staff presented us with a signed card and our dessert had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. Nice touch. Not to mention the food was delicious! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, as alwaysJoshualeathermanDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I love to enjoy great food and great conversation and the Chop House has always been our go to place. You won't find better beef or scallops than here, and we've tried hundreds. After dinner, we always work our way downstairs for drinks, dessert and cigars in La Dolce Vita (a hidden treasure of Grand Rapids). You won't find a better gem in Grand Rapids. The food, the service and the amenities make it the perfect place to spend an evening. And, you can smoke a cigar while enjoying spirits and dessert downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Beef Ever!OneofnineDined on 7/18/2014I ordered the cowboy ribeye and it was marvelous. Done to perfection and it came out hot! I ate the entire steak which is remarkable considering the fact i prinarily only eat chicken and fish. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and our waiter Bkake was great. We are always up for fun and our experience was jyst that fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let's me down!NikkiPDined on 7/15/2014I love this restaurant! The service is always wonderful and the meal is always great!Special Features:
- New Favorite Restaurant!SnBIDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I have declared this our new favorite special occasion restaurant! It is a bit pricy, so it's a great place for a special treat!!! Both times we have gone we have had Ryker as our server!! He's amazing. He goes above and beyond (he even remembered the kind of wine we had our first time there!), is knowledgable, a don too of everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/7/2014Spent a long 4th of July weekend/husbands 40th bday in Grand Rapids and Saugatuk. Perfect dinner for my husbands 40th birthday! Steaks cooked to perfection, yummy sides, some delicious chocolate peanut butter concoction for dessert, it was wonderful. The service is impeccable. If we're ever back in Grand Rapids we'll definitely stop in again.
- Great ExperienceMomoffiveDined on 7/5/2014We went for our anniversary. The food was excellent. Everything was done perfectly. They even wrote Happy Anniversary on our dessert plates. I absolutely loved that touch. The only improvement is that the coffee was weak. Definitely could have used a more robust blend or even a individual french press.Special Features:
- Great SteakRichardRDined on 7/4/2014I had the small filet and asked for it done rare. It was cooked to perfection. I had read a review on Yelp that the steaks were tough. However, I suspect that reviewer had insisted that his steak be well done, which is enough to ruin even the finest steak. I had my steak without any accompaniment; a good steak will stand on its own without any garnishments. My filet certainly did. It was outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing food!wonderfulDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I were not only pleasantly surprised by the wonderful quality of the food we received, but the large portions of food as well! We were unable eat everything & had quite a bit left over. Our steaks were done to perfection, & everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlatCustomerExperienceDined on 7/2/2014Ambience just ok. Wall with paintings felt like I was at grandmas house. Service good but food was flat, no taste. French onion soup was even flat. We even had to ask for fresh coffee because that was clear and watered down. All the sides were just ok. We would rather take clients back to Judson's steakhouse at the BOB.Special Features: