The Chop House - Charleston
1003 Charleston Town Center
Charleston, WV 25389Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Chop House - Charleston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thechophouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3043443954
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sink into the luxury of the private glass room at The Chop House in Charleston, with seating for up to 20 it is the perfect place to host a business dinner, wedding rehearsal dinner or birthday celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Kirby 888-456-3463
A word from The Chop House - Charleston
Lovers of life's finer pleasures make The Chop House in Charleston Town Center a frequent destination. It is a dining experience of exceptional refinement & refreshment. Offering the stars of the American chop house tradition, USDA Prime Beef, classic Veal Chop, Roasted Rack of Venison, luscious Colorado Rib Lamb Chop, , Fresh Lobster, Ports, Cognac, Single Malt Scotch, Fine Hand Rolled Cigars & more, all served with distinctive style in a strong, luxurious setting of comfortable leather & beautiful wood. click here for special events and promotions information http://msventures.com/thechophouse_web/pages/chop_char.htmlContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Chop House - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Charleston ›
The Chop House - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (16)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- GreathammboneDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was amazing. My steak was cooked perfectly. Definitely a great place to take your spouse for their birthday, your whole meal is half off great deal. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and great timewillgothereagainDined on 8/29/2014It was a very nice dining experience. Early in the day, I quickly and easily booked a 7:30 pm, 2 person reservation online. It was my wife's birthday and she had mentioned the Chop House before. We arrived and was seated immediatly to a quiet table in the back. Our waiter Ross, did an excellent job. The seared tuna and filet mignon was perfect and they display a nice wine listing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleston gemRockstarAlchemistDined on 8/26/2014Second time eating here. Excellent food and amazing service. Exactly what you'd expect from a high end chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasure .... Yet againTinaRNDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful place for a celebratory dinner! Perfect food, service and the best Creme Brûlée ever! Thomas is the best waiter we've ever had there. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedTretreDined on 8/8/2014This place is a lot of hype I think. For what we paid the food wasn't worth it. My steak was rare ordered it medium well. When I did get Mt steak back it had mashed potatoes on the plate that we did not order. The place is so loud you can barely have a conversation. I have been to better.
- ReviewAdequacyDined on 8/8/2014More pricey than notable. Too many other restaurants in our area that provide a better experience at a more reasonable price.
- Predictably great experienceBrianAllisonDined on 7/18/2014Every time we dine at the Chop House it is a fine dining experience. This was no different. Even though the restaurant was slowed by vacation season the food was fresh and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBeauDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I went to the Chop House last night for our anniversary. I have been here a few times now and am always impressed with the food and service. They really go above and beyond what is expected. I asked the server a trivial question about a champagne, next thing I know the manager has called their distribution center and found out the answer for me. It also goes without saying that the meal was perfect. 5/5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantMitchVIPDined on 7/11/2014Fine Dining at it's best. One of the top three restaurants in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magua91VIPDined on 7/6/2014Although the food was outstanding, we were especially impressed with the service provided by Teddy (our head waiter) and his team. This went above and beyond expectations - dishes were served in unison (everyone received their "hot" plate at exactly same time), places cleared promptly with no intrusion, suggestions offered, and my teenage children received uniquely flavored drinks made by bar staff (Crystal) - just a few examples. We were impressed and would highly recommend families dine here for a special evening.Special Features:
- RayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Everything was great, especially our waiter. It's a special occasion place for us. Birthday/Father's Day combo. I'll be back for my birthday in Nov probably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class ServiceJoePDined on 6/9/2014You will never be disappointed by the level of service you receive from the staff at the Charleston WV Chop House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulHappinessDined on 6/8/2014The kids and I took my husband to dinner for his birthday. It was our first time at The Chop House and the first time for the kids to experience finer dining. When the kids were handed IPads to view the menu from I knew the evening would be exciting for them. Our waiter was fantastic. The food was outstanding. The portions were generous and everything was cooked to perfection. We could not have asked for a better dining experience on this occasion. We will definitely be recommending The Chop House to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Doesn't Match the PriceElricofMelniboneDined on 5/30/2014I had lamb chops and my wife had beef wellington, both very tender and flavorful. The house salad is basically a bowl of lettuce (1 slice of tomato & 1 slice of boiled egg). I could let that pass but a lot of the lettuce was so bitter I couldn't finish it. The french onion soup and calamari appetizer were passable but the calamari was a little greasy. The creme brulee was delicious but the sugar went beyond caramelization to burnt. I had several bites that left a bitter burnt taste in my mouth. Our final bill for 2 people was nearly $200.00 with tip and we drank only water. The staff gatherd near out table to chat - annoying. We had to enter through a cloud of cigarette smoke as the valet was chatting with his smoking friends.Special Features:
- The following 307 reviews are from the The Chop House - Charleston reviews archive.
- Chop House a good bet in WvwolvieDined on 5/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant with one caveat: do not order the venison. It was perfectly tender and prepared- it just did not taste like venison. I suspect this has to do with being from New Zealand- as the lamb i used to buy that was produced there had also had any trace of original flavor bred out of it. Stick with their steak and seafood and you can not go wrong. The wine list had some great bottles at reasonable prices too- which really made the whole experience worth it. Our server was Bryant- and he is very knowledgeable and fun. Manages to be there when you need him but not over your shoulder all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2014This was a bit of a let down. The food was really mediocre for the price. Our salad was literally a pile of lettuce with barely any flavor to the dressing. For scratch made sauces, they were not flavorful or interesting in any way. We were really looking forward to trying it but wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Birthday treatMotorheadDined on 5/17/2014Excellent food and service with a smile. A little pricey, but they comp your meal on birthdays. Nice quiet, romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!OnthegoDined on 5/12/2014Again the Chop House provides exceptional dining in Charleston. From the moment you are treated at the door, you know there is well trained, professional staff at ever position. Service is attentive without intrusive. The wine list well thought out and the food as perfect as you could ever want. Between steaks, veal and seafood, exceptional at every spot. The sides, soups, salads - were all equally good. Fantastic job yet again by Tim and his team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryDined on 5/12/2014Ambiance and service were outstanding. My bone-in strip steak was grisly and difficult to not only chew but to cut. I have eaten here several times and hope this steak was an anomaly. Previous experiences were awesome.Special Features:
- ProfessionalismAmyLDined on 5/9/2014We arrived very late and the waitress never made us feel rushed. The food was perfect as always. Charleston is lucky to have The Chop House.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014No complaints about the food or service. I made note with my reservation that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I don't know why I was asked to state that because nothing was said or done to make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulamazingDined on 5/3/2014It was perfect! I would recommend this to anyone I meet.It was great for prom night. We will eat here ever year. It really was amazing! It was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDavenportsDined on 4/28/2014The Chop House was a very nice evening. Great Service, delicious food!... Will go back again. Must try the Grilled Romaine Salad fresh crispy light vinaigrette dressing. Steaks were cooked to perfection There is no better Oscar, the lump crabmeat is huge and very fresh. Be sure to try the cream corn!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceWillbebackDined on 4/27/2014Wonderful service. Very good food. Nice ambiance. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014The staff was great, from the beginning to end. The lady that seated us was very friendly and helpful. Our waitress was extra special, she explained the menu and each coarse was brought out in a timely manner and our glasses were never empty. The service was the best part of this restaurant. The food was good, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Another great experience!HappykathyDined on 4/23/2014Once again, a great dining experience. We had the wonderful fortune of having Bryant to attend to us once again. He is top notch, and his recommendations are always spot on! Thank you!Special Features:
- Perfect place birthday dinnerFinsupDined on 4/14/2014Had a birthday dinner for 21 year old. Service was excellent! Food as always delicious! Celebrated with Dom, wine and mixed drinks- all were great!Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and the Chop House provided us with an awesome meal, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJavamamaDined on 4/12/2014Food & service are always top notch! Love returning here every time out of town guests visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodpscott6654Dined on 4/10/2014The food was fabulous!! It was off the charts in many ways. I ordered the fillet and it was cooked to perfection. They have an extensive wine list. The service was excellent. Great experience. Best restaurant in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks: 10 out 0f 10DrMarkDined on 4/5/2014Excellent all around, AAA+, steak cooked perfectly, sides are large and delicious, french omion soup has unique cheesy flavor, couldn't get a finer meal, love the interactive menuSpecial Features:
- Don't be fooled!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2014Don't be fooled by the fact that this restaurant in a mall. It is a top flight American food restaurant comparable to any place you are likely to go in a major city. We are very lucky to have such a fine restaurant in our relatively small town. The service starts with Valet parking, and excellent bar, well dressed and attentive wait staff who are WV friendly and not pretentious. Steak, sea food, pasta, dessert...you can't go wrong. I have dined at the Chop house at least 30 times and have never had a poor experience. Please try it if you get a chance.Special Features:
- Good timeclancyDined on 3/16/2014The food was fantastic! My companion's filet was cooked superbly. The grilled romaine salad was crisp and tasty. My friend loved the lamb chops and the roasted chicken divine!. The service was impeccable-unobtrusive and timely. We were seated at a secluded table which allowed for quiet conversation. Good time and Good meal were had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Great!SweetgirlDined on 3/15/2014We went for my husband birthday the food was great.the steaks was the best part and we had great service. We wouldn't go every weekend cause of the price but I would recommend this place for special occasion and a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Wellington a disappointmentWayneDined on 3/11/2014Overall experience was equal to my expectation of an upscale restaurant like the Charleston Chop House. The only exception was the beef wellington. There was gristle in the meat. The bottom one third required some extra sawing to get through what I assume to have been tendon that had not been trimmed from the fillet. This entree had a strong unpleasant aftertaste that was somewhat like that of the woody shell material inside a pecan nut. This was the first time I've tried beef wellington but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to taste like that. I told my waiter about this but I didn't ask him to take it back. On reflection I wish I would have. The rest of the meal was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassMikeDined on 3/10/2014Everything about the Chop House is first class. Food, servers, presentation and setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing.AmazingDined on 3/4/2014I had been eating hospital food all week because of the snow and I hadn't eaten all day. I really needed a good meal and it was the only place that even showed up on open table. The NY strip was amazing, asparagus and salad was better than expected and the chocolate dessert to die for. Not for the light weight pocketbook, but well worth it in my book. Service was fantastic. I only had 30 minutes before my shift and I was able to eat a relaxing meal and arrive on time. Winner for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House Charleston is AmazingTonyRDined on 2/28/2014I had a truly fantastic meal. Everything from the bread basket to dessert and everything in between was great. The quality of the Prime steaks was top drawer and cooked to perfection. I had a peppercorn filet with the peppercorn sauce and it was as good as all the others I have had at top steakhouses. The grilled asparagus was prepared perfectly but the real show stealer believe it or not is the creamed corn. I could eat that for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert! Service was excellent, the wine list thorough--everything was just as you would want it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak this side of ChicagoPapaCWvDined on 2/27/2014I hadn't been here for about a year, but was not surprised by the gray food and service. If you want a special dinner you can't go wrong dining here. Expensive, yes but well worth it. I won't be away that long again. Thank you Chop House!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayBoyDined on 2/24/2014I took my family (5) to the Chop House for my Birthday. Food was excellent and service was good. I've never had a bad meal at this establishment. Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.