The Chop House - Charleston
1003 Charleston Town Center
Charleston, WV 25389Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Chop House - Charleston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thechophouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3043443954
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sink into the luxury of the private glass room at The Chop House in Charleston, with seating for up to 20 it is the perfect place to host a business dinner, wedding rehearsal dinner or birthday celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Kirby 888-456-3463
A word from The Chop House - Charleston
Lovers of life's finer pleasures make The Chop House in Charleston Town Center a frequent destination. It is a dining experience of exceptional refinement & refreshment. Offering the stars of the American chop house tradition, USDA Prime Beef, classic Veal Chop, Roasted Rack of Venison, luscious Colorado Rib Lamb Chop, , Fresh Lobster, Ports, Cognac, Single Malt Scotch, Fine Hand Rolled Cigars & more, all served with distinctive style in a strong, luxurious setting of comfortable leather & beautiful wood. click here for special events and promotions information http://msventures.com/thechophouse_web/pages/chop_char.htmlContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Chop House - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Charleston ›
The Chop House - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (18)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Everything was as we expected it be. The food and services were impeccable. The only complaint was that it seemed that most of the diners were all put into the same area, making it seem a little crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemTravelerDined on 10/20/2014We traveled into the Charleston, WV area from various parts of the country for a business planning dinner regarding a meeting the next day with an important customer of my company. Your location was set-up for us by a local associate and we couldn't have enjoyed ourselves any better. We were very surprised to find this type of food, service and atmosphere in a city of this size and in this region. It has given my associates and I a totally different view of West Virginia than we had before our dining here. Thank you for such a comfortable evening which made our brief visit so enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great ServiceDonaldDined on 10/20/2014Ross, our waiter, was very accomodating to our needs without being cloying. His courtesy greatly enhanced the enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for client entertainingProud2bWVDined on 10/1/2014Our clients loved the food and dining entire dining experience. Lovely setting and atmosphere and our waitress was extremely personable and entertaining. Conveniently located near hotels and shopping. Personally dine here for special occasions. A real asset for Charleston.Special Features:
- Expensive, but worth it!wyn929Dined on 9/28/2014You get what you pay for at the chop house. Service was excellent, food was even better. The staff was very friendly and patient. Definitely a special occasion kind of place - not for every day dining. Not very family friendly either, but it's a great place for a romantic dinner. This place is the formal, traditional dining experience with a modern twist. Definitely will recommend to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceKalexDined on 9/26/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday. The table near us was excessively loud and noisey. We enjoyed the food and our server was very attentive. We located the Chop House through the internet by serching for "fine dining". We were not prepared for the atmosphere we found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLauren2626Dined on 9/26/2014Always a great meal! The service is great as well. If you haven't tried The Chop House, you must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okay....SarahDined on 9/19/2014I would have to say for West Virginia this is a nice restaurant. I have dined at numerous upscale restaurants in other states and have been more pleased than I was at the Chop House and Tidewater. Just a little advice to help make this a better experience for others: 1- If you are going to say you're an "upscale" restaurant, please provide dark linens for people wearing dark trousers. It is a MUST; 2- It should not take 20+ minutes to get water on your table- and when pouring, please use a napkin to avoid splashing water drops on my face; and 3- Please hire someone who is welcoming to seat you at your table instead of someone who seems as though it pains her to even interact with humans. I hope to see an improvement if I should return.Special Features:
- wonderfuljustalanDined on 9/17/2014A very nice dining experience. Wonderful wait staff and food. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodTodd91714Dined on 9/17/2014We have dined at the Chop House 5 or 6 times & the staff just makes you feel welcome and at home. The service is great, menu is designed with ample choices to please even the pickiest of taste buds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationDonnaBDined on 9/17/2014The menu choices were wonderful, and our waiter did a great job in providing information as well as service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeAndrewDined on 9/16/2014As always my fiance and I received wonderful service and great food. The service was prompt and the food was delivered quickly and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreathammboneDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was amazing. My steak was cooked perfectly. Definitely a great place to take your spouse for their birthday, your whole meal is half off great deal. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and great timewillgothereagainDined on 8/29/2014It was a very nice dining experience. Early in the day, I quickly and easily booked a 7:30 pm, 2 person reservation online. It was my wife's birthday and she had mentioned the Chop House before. We arrived and was seated immediatly to a quiet table in the back. Our waiter Ross, did an excellent job. The seared tuna and filet mignon was perfect and they display a nice wine listing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleston gemRockstarAlchemistDined on 8/26/2014Second time eating here. Excellent food and amazing service. Exactly what you'd expect from a high end chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasure .... Yet againTinaRNDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful place for a celebratory dinner! Perfect food, service and the best Creme Brûlée ever! Thomas is the best waiter we've ever had there. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedTretreDined on 8/8/2014This place is a lot of hype I think. For what we paid the food wasn't worth it. My steak was rare ordered it medium well. When I did get Mt steak back it had mashed potatoes on the plate that we did not order. The place is so loud you can barely have a conversation. I have been to better.
- ReviewAdequacyDined on 8/8/2014More pricey than notable. Too many other restaurants in our area that provide a better experience at a more reasonable price.
- Predictably great experienceBrianAllisonDined on 7/18/2014Every time we dine at the Chop House it is a fine dining experience. This was no different. Even though the restaurant was slowed by vacation season the food was fresh and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBeauDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I went to the Chop House last night for our anniversary. I have been here a few times now and am always impressed with the food and service. They really go above and beyond what is expected. I asked the server a trivial question about a champagne, next thing I know the manager has called their distribution center and found out the answer for me. It also goes without saying that the meal was perfect. 5/5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantMitchVIPDined on 7/11/2014Fine Dining at it's best. One of the top three restaurants in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magua91VIPDined on 7/6/2014Although the food was outstanding, we were especially impressed with the service provided by Teddy (our head waiter) and his team. This went above and beyond expectations - dishes were served in unison (everyone received their "hot" plate at exactly same time), places cleared promptly with no intrusion, suggestions offered, and my teenage children received uniquely flavored drinks made by bar staff (Crystal) - just a few examples. We were impressed and would highly recommend families dine here for a special evening.Special Features:
- The following 311 reviews are from the The Chop House - Charleston reviews archive.
- RayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Everything was great, especially our waiter. It's a special occasion place for us. Birthday/Father's Day combo. I'll be back for my birthday in Nov probably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class ServiceJoePDined on 6/9/2014You will never be disappointed by the level of service you receive from the staff at the Charleston WV Chop House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulHappinessDined on 6/8/2014The kids and I took my husband to dinner for his birthday. It was our first time at The Chop House and the first time for the kids to experience finer dining. When the kids were handed IPads to view the menu from I knew the evening would be exciting for them. Our waiter was fantastic. The food was outstanding. The portions were generous and everything was cooked to perfection. We could not have asked for a better dining experience on this occasion. We will definitely be recommending The Chop House to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Doesn't Match the PriceElricofMelniboneDined on 5/30/2014I had lamb chops and my wife had beef wellington, both very tender and flavorful. The house salad is basically a bowl of lettuce (1 slice of tomato & 1 slice of boiled egg). I could let that pass but a lot of the lettuce was so bitter I couldn't finish it. The french onion soup and calamari appetizer were passable but the calamari was a little greasy. The creme brulee was delicious but the sugar went beyond caramelization to burnt. I had several bites that left a bitter burnt taste in my mouth. Our final bill for 2 people was nearly $200.00 with tip and we drank only water. The staff gatherd near out table to chat - annoying. We had to enter through a cloud of cigarette smoke as the valet was chatting with his smoking friends.Special Features:
- Chop House a good bet in WvwolvieDined on 5/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant with one caveat: do not order the venison. It was perfectly tender and prepared- it just did not taste like venison. I suspect this has to do with being from New Zealand- as the lamb i used to buy that was produced there had also had any trace of original flavor bred out of it. Stick with their steak and seafood and you can not go wrong. The wine list had some great bottles at reasonable prices too- which really made the whole experience worth it. Our server was Bryant- and he is very knowledgeable and fun. Manages to be there when you need him but not over your shoulder all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2014This was a bit of a let down. The food was really mediocre for the price. Our salad was literally a pile of lettuce with barely any flavor to the dressing. For scratch made sauces, they were not flavorful or interesting in any way. We were really looking forward to trying it but wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Birthday treatMotorheadDined on 5/17/2014Excellent food and service with a smile. A little pricey, but they comp your meal on birthdays. Nice quiet, romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!OnthegoDined on 5/12/2014Again the Chop House provides exceptional dining in Charleston. From the moment you are treated at the door, you know there is well trained, professional staff at ever position. Service is attentive without intrusive. The wine list well thought out and the food as perfect as you could ever want. Between steaks, veal and seafood, exceptional at every spot. The sides, soups, salads - were all equally good. Fantastic job yet again by Tim and his team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryDined on 5/12/2014Ambiance and service were outstanding. My bone-in strip steak was grisly and difficult to not only chew but to cut. I have eaten here several times and hope this steak was an anomaly. Previous experiences were awesome.Special Features:
- ProfessionalismAmyLDined on 5/9/2014We arrived very late and the waitress never made us feel rushed. The food was perfect as always. Charleston is lucky to have The Chop House.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014No complaints about the food or service. I made note with my reservation that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I don't know why I was asked to state that because nothing was said or done to make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulamazingDined on 5/3/2014It was perfect! I would recommend this to anyone I meet.It was great for prom night. We will eat here ever year. It really was amazing! It was well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDavenportsDined on 4/28/2014The Chop House was a very nice evening. Great Service, delicious food!... Will go back again. Must try the Grilled Romaine Salad fresh crispy light vinaigrette dressing. Steaks were cooked to perfection There is no better Oscar, the lump crabmeat is huge and very fresh. Be sure to try the cream corn!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceWillbebackDined on 4/27/2014Wonderful service. Very good food. Nice ambiance. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014The staff was great, from the beginning to end. The lady that seated us was very friendly and helpful. Our waitress was extra special, she explained the menu and each coarse was brought out in a timely manner and our glasses were never empty. The service was the best part of this restaurant. The food was good, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Another great experience!HappykathyDined on 4/23/2014Once again, a great dining experience. We had the wonderful fortune of having Bryant to attend to us once again. He is top notch, and his recommendations are always spot on! Thank you!Special Features:
- Perfect place birthday dinnerFinsupDined on 4/14/2014Had a birthday dinner for 21 year old. Service was excellent! Food as always delicious! Celebrated with Dom, wine and mixed drinks- all were great!Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and the Chop House provided us with an awesome meal, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.