The Chop House - Annapolis
1915 Towne Centre Blvd.
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Chop House - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://msventures.com/thechophouse_web/pages/chop_annapolis.html
- Phone: 4102244957
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Aaron Musinski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer three distinct and beautifully decorated private dining rooms to fulfill all your special event needs. Your friends, family, clientele, or associates will be amazed by our unparalleled menus, as well as, our award winning wine list and our knowledgeable and accommodating staff.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Ejarque 4102244357
A word from The Chop House - Annapolis
Prepare to be pampered. The Chop House serves USDA Prime Beef, of all the beef produced in the US, less than 2% is certified as USDA Prime & it is our specialty. Generous portions of the finest Midwestern grain fed meats, Fresh Fish & Classic American Chop House side dishes are all part of the menu. Our carefully selected wine list features opportunities to explore rare wines along with classic favorites from around the world. Signature martinis & a separate bar menu are sure to delight. Join us for Happy Hour daily for 5:00-7:00pm $5 Martinis,& $6 Wines by the Glass. We also have an extensive selection of Mini plates to choose from. The Chop House’s has a handsome sophisticated style featuring beautifully hand crafted mahogany, custom tiered chandeliers, granite floors, tufted leather booths & a magnificent dessert stage. Personalized private rooms for up to 8 guests & private dining areas for larger parties will tailor the dining experience to meet every need.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Chop House - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
The Chop House - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (84)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (38)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Excellent RestaurantrwelshDined on 8/31/2014Excellent restaurant for highest quality food. Quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Essence of Crab Dining!VinnieDined on 8/27/2014We looked forward all week to steamed crabs on the deck, our first time in St. Michaels. Had steamed mussels, tender and not overcooked as many places do, Cherrystone clams (also excellent), then the steamed crabs. A couple of the crabs - especially the claws - were a little dry from having been steamed and then sitting too long - but most were just right. You can't beat the atmosphere, watching the boats go in and out, enjoying the breeze and really feeling part of the Eastern Shore vibe. Lots of locals at the restaurant, which tells you it must be consistently good. Great server, who seemed to have a sixth sense when she was needed and was a lot of fun. Many locally brewed or craft beers - we tried four different ones, all terrific.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's bestSweetTDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I visited for our anniversary. We were very impressed with the service and the food. Ample portion sizes and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner for husbandsugarmamaDined on 8/24/2014I made this reservation on my husband's birthday. I had heard that they have a birthday special in which 50% is taken off your food bill. We arrived at the restaurant in time to take advantage of the happy hour prices for drinks. Our entire experience was fantastic! The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. My husband ordered the Porterhouse, which was cooked to perfection. I ordered the Mushroom stuffed chicken and it great as well. The sides were large enough that we both could share. Our server, Travis, was very attentive. My husband and I will be dining at the Chop House again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherhighstandardsdinerDined on 8/24/2014We went to the Chop House to celebrate an occasion. The atmosphere is very cold. Nothing warm/ romantic about the place. The wait staff was also not friendly. The food was mediocre and very over priced. The wrong drink was brought to our table. The beef wellington had stringy beef and was not medium rare but rare.
- Great food, service but expensivejt123VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, service, location but it has become very expensive. Meal for 4 with one moderate bottle wine, 2 sharing an entrée and only 1 desert was $300Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantDannyDined on 8/23/2014Great food and great service..what more can you ask for.Special Features:
- JLS0304Dined on 8/23/2014Went there for the first time for my boyfriends birthday and the food was amazing. Service was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday!mathwizDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebrating my wife's birthday - the service and food was fantastic! We both had the aged dry ribeye steak - it could not have been more delicious, and it was so tender!Special Features:
- I'll have a signature Manhattanskeletor6519Dined on 8/22/2014'Nuff said. And the lobster bisque with sherry and a dry aged rib eye. Make that two Manhattans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food @ The Chop HouseTMBEDined on 8/21/2014This was my friend and mines first time at The Chop House. I took him there for his birthday which I was glad that it was his birthday because they give you half off of your food. This restaurant is a little too expensive for me though. The meats alone were high then you have to pay for your sides seperate (a la carte). The food was great and the drinks were nice and strong also my waitress was awesome but like i said it was a little pricey. I should have known this place was expensive from the tablet menus, which was real helpful. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would go back again for someone else birthday so it can be half off again.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We hadn't been out to dinner in quite some time so we decided to go somewhere special. This place is definitely nice for a special occasion or long overdue date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerBirthdayboyDined on 8/16/2014This was not our first dinning experience at the Chop House and it did not disappoint. The food, service and atmosphere are consistently top quality. I would however not recommend ordering the Beef Wellington. It was a bit soggy as though it had been pre-assembled much earlier in the day and/or baked at low temperature. The filet within was delicious and our overall dining experience was very good.Special Features:
- Always exceptional.ExceptionalDined on 8/10/2014My wedding reception was held here and I have been here many times since. The folks here bend over backwards to make your meal the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodie16Dined on 8/9/2014One of the best restaurants in town! The sides are out of this world good and every dish is special and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPRICELESSDined on 8/9/2014I simply enjoyed my visit at this restaurant. The customer service was impeccable and the server that paid attention to detail. Her name was Nicole and she really made OUR stay memorable. IT was my Pastor's birthday on Thursday and we celebrated on Saturday. Although it was NOT quite his birthday on that specific day she provided him with a FREE dessert. She made our experience like we were apart of the restaurant's family and that's a compliment to her as the ultimate server. Bravo!!! I love this place and we will be planning OUR next trip there. Subsequently I've given information to many people to attend the restaurant to get the pleasant experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EveryogapantsDined on 8/9/2014Our family of 6 took our USNA plebe here for a filling meal and we got it! We each had a different type of steak and everyone said it was the best meat we had ever eaten. The food was incredible and the service was perfect. We also enjoyed the kale salad, sauteed spinach, and grilled peach dessert. The wine recommended was super. The meal was expensive, but the amounts served were generous and we didn't mind the price for such quality food, atmosphere and service. I chose the beef tenderloin special, which was very reasonably priced at $15, and was surprised at how much I received and it was delicious with a mole sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLCEJDined on 8/7/2014Quiet enough to have conversation. Staff know the menu-- Relatively expensive dining, but all the food has been great quality and well prepared. Always a special night out for our Family/ special guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnergoodeats2Dined on 8/6/2014My husband and I went to the Chop House for my birthday dinner. We were seated in a booth which was very private. We choose the lamb and diver scallops for appetizers. Both were delicious. We both chose the Kobe Rib Eye as our entree's, with mushrooms, a baked potato, and asparagus as our sides. Everything was wonderful, but we both agreed we would return to the Filet Mignon on our next visit. Our server did an okay job, but could have been a little friendlier. Because it was my birthday, my dinner was free! Would definitely recommend the Chop House to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jed527Dined on 8/4/2014Excellent dining experience....waitress was fabulous as was food and wine. The manager came over to check on our satisfaction. Top not restaurant.Special Features:
- Great, as usualmoretashaDined on 8/4/2014A beautiful restaraunt with great wait staff! Food is amazing, as it always is.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!Tasty2Dined on 8/3/2014Relaxing decor, good food, and a modest noise level in the dinning room made for a pleasant evening. The soothing level of background music and the use of fabric on the backs of the banquettes that helped absorb noise made it comfortable to carry on a conversation. That's a rarity in many restaurants these days.Special Features:
- AwesomeGo2againDined on 8/3/2014Had a wonderful time! we where greeted almost immediately by the front staff and taken to our seats. We didn't request but was very happy to have a private dinning booth. It was my fiancé's birthday and my opportunity to propose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The service could not have been better. The food was quite good also. Will plan to go again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Always great steakscpclaserDined on 7/28/2014The food here is always great. Very large portions (especially the sides), so it's often both dinner and lunch. I had beef Wellington, which was the best beef that I've had in a months. Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfanDined on 7/28/2014My Girlfriend and I truly enjoy the Chop House in Annapolis. The food was amazing and the service was real caring. I especially love the fact that your meal is 50% off on the day of your birthday if you dine with them.. That is an amazing incentive for customers. I love this place...Looking forward to going back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent full dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014The service and ambiance were outstanding. If the food had been bad, we would still come back because we were treated with such relaxed but attentive service. But the food and drinks were outstanding. My husband was delighted with his perfectly prepared martini and scallops - again perfectly prepared with a great balance of sauces. I had the lobster bisque, which was fine. For dinner, my husband had the cowboy steak with the mushrooms cooked in wine. He said it was the best steak he's had in his life, even better than some very expensive Kobe beef steaks in Vegas. I highly recommend the baked potato - perfectly done and I'm very picky. We were also very happy with the wine list - our cab selection was great with our steak. Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!bigfootnmdDined on 7/26/2014We have been coming to the Chop House in Annapolis for about 4 years now. As always our food was great and the desserts were to die for. We came to celebrate my Sister's birthday. The Chop House comps the Birthday Person's entree and dessert. You have to come on the actual birthday.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceDW58Dined on 7/25/2014This is an award winning dining establishment. The food is superb! You must try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdaymichaelgallagherDined on 7/25/2014The three of us had a splendid meal. Our server was "Andrew." He took very good care of us on Susan's big day. The food was delicious and the whole evening was superb. We will continue to rank The Chop House as one of the finest places in North America. See you again soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We went to the Chop House for our anniversary. It was very nice and everyone was very helpful. The only thing I would change is the noise level. There was a large party near us.Special Features:
- Absolutely Amazing!!!!5StarFinderDined on 7/20/2014Well fist off my reservation was for like 5pm and I requested the Alcove seating in which they accommodated! The seating had us feeling like we were in a scene of The Godfather movie with the privacy! The iPad menu's were very nice and added a nice level of sophistication! The food was surprisingly abundant which was good seeing as though they are very pricey! I went on my actual birthday so I got 50% off our bill and a free dessert! Their onion rings look like humongous donuts and the lobster crab cakes were heavenly!!!! I'm definitely going back especially on birthdays!!!! My server could've been a little more informative especially since it was my 1st visit there, if I didn't do my own research prior to going I would've been lost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPRICELESSDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant is a very nice place. It's location is unparalleled and its customer service priceless.Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday DinnerHappyDinerDined on 7/17/2014My husband and I went out for my birthday and it was delicious! I asked for a romantic table and we had our own little room that was secluded. It was really nice! Everything was delicious and atmosphere was perfect for 2 parents needing to get away from the everyday family life. Would definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Great experience!! Only comment is that one of the servers (not the main waiter) would not leave the butter and sour cream at the table for the baked potato... Why???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningmspeachDined on 7/11/2014Wow I was blown away, I can't remember a better evening out with friends. The food was amazing, we had steak au'poivre and it was fabulous. We also had Diver scallops and Shrimp cocktail as appetizers, they were also very good. I can't say anything bad about this experience. The service was amazing everything we tried tasted great. Oh and we ended the evening with a dessert, I think it was called the peanut butter bomb, it was delicious and gone in about 30 seconds. The prices are a little high, but in this case I felt it was well worth the money. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBlackcloud71Dined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful experience for my husband's birthday. Great food, loved the tablet menus, atmosphere and noise level were in keeping with a high-end restaurant. Our waiter was personable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experiencemamatee96Dined on 7/5/2014This was my second time dining at the Chop House and it exceeded my expectations. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing. Although it is a little pricey for an every night type of dinner, you get what you pay for. It is worth every dollar and has already become a favorite for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedBothunplusoneDined on 7/4/2014We had a reservation at 7:30 and arrived on time. They had maybe 4 other tables sat, it was dead. The hostess asked us to wait a minute while she figured out which of the 50 open tables to seat us at. Then she sat us a lovely booth, but it was set for 5 people. They knew we were coming. The server had to remove the extra 10 wine glasses, 10 forks, plates, etc. I told the hostess it was anniversary but she obviously didn't pass on the info to anyone. The server asked if we were celebrating anything towards the end of the meal. They give you an ipad menu but never explain anything on it. No discussion of the food or recommendations. Service was slow and unattentive.
- Happy Hour is a Must!!CPB25VIPDined on 7/4/2014Make sure you go to happy hour at the Chip House. We enjoyed a fantastic Brie dish as well as the crab stuffed avocado. After a few appetizers and drinks we moved over to our table where we enjoyed a fantastic ribeye with sauted mushrooms. Excellent food and wonderful service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.