The Chocolate Bar
95 N. Sierra
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Chocolate Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thechocbar.com/
- Phone: 7753371122
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Rene Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: We offer a live DJ every Friday and Saturday. We also have one HD TV located at the Main bar and 2 HD TVs upstairs for your enjoyment.
A word from The Chocolate Bar
The Chocolate Bar offers a social style of dining with a one-of-a-kind menu and atmosphere specializing in small plates, big plates, desserts and libations. We carry a wide variety of creations specially crafted to please any palate including American cuisine plates, an array of chocolate desserts and a list of cocktails and libations unique only to the Chocolate Bar and developed by our top mixologist. Our unique menu also includes beers, wines, signature cocktails and a full menu ranging from artisan cheese plates to Kobe sliders.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Chocolate Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- dinkDined on 8/11/2014I love the open feeling and beautiful lighting. We were there from 6 to about 9:30. It was very nice, good food, good wine, good service.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceShirleyGDined on 7/26/2014The atmosphere was perfect, our waiter/bartender was excellent. Or food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceIdontwantanicknameDined on 7/18/2014Our waitress was great! The music was a little loud for conversation but the music selection was very good. The food was great. Best burger I have had. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!ChocolateLoverDined on 7/5/2014Had some martinis to start which were tasty, not very strong though. The food was good and we got the chocolate fondu for dessert which was the best part! Went earlier in the evening so it was not very busy. Would def recommend and will love to go again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the The Chocolate Bar reviews archive.
- BethVIPDined on 5/18/2014We sat against the left wall and felt a little cold every time the door opened, but I had a coat. Loved our dinner and server was super sweet! We were tempted to go back the next night to get the sweet potato fries and take them back to our hotel! The beef sliders were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for your birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Party of 5, ages ranged from 7 to 67. Everyone was able to get food they devoured AND chocolate fondue dessert and a great atmosphere! Bret the bartender is a genius at mixing drinks, our server Ivan was really attentive and not overbearing, and the music was just under the decibel where you can't hear yourself think, so it keeps you awake and pumped and the conversations flowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chilly air but good foodReno40Dined on 5/4/2014We went to the Chocolate Bar for my daughters 21st birthday. We ordered chocolate cherry drinks but got something like amaretto. The tuna two ways had good flavor but lacked in variety with it, just came with chips. After dinner we ordered chocolate fondue and it was very good but again the way it was listed in the menu is not what came to the table. The seating was comfortable but couldn't remove our jackets because it felt like the air conditioner was on and it made it uncomfortably chilly. It was an early spring evening so it was cold outside and almost as cold in there. The food and drink prices were reasonable. There just wasn't anything cozy or fun about the place.Special Features:
- I wanted to try somethingDianneDined on 4/12/2014I wanted to try something new and different and was pleasantly surprised how great the food, service ambience and prices were at the Chocolate Bar. There were 7 of us who were all impressed. I will surely visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is the best! Great40thinRenoDined on 3/8/2014This place is the best! Great service, really tasty food and a unique, classy and fun environment. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu friendlycoachDined on 2/15/2014Its a trendy, upscale atmosphere with a down to earth menu, lots of "regular" items instead of just fancy expensive things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwiceImdisconnectedDined on 2/14/2014This was our second year celebrating Valentine's day at the Chocolate Bar and it was amazing. The online booking made it that much more easy to book. We go there for cocktails as well and they always have a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They kept changing the volumeBlueVal50Dined on 2/12/2014They kept changing the volume on the music, it got pretty loud to try and have a conversation. That was my only criticism. The drinks and food were terrific! Great service and recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereRajVVIPDined on 1/19/2014Great food and atmosphere - Good drinks and exceptional chocolate martiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.