The Chef's Table
6843 Lonetree Blvd
Rocklin, CA 95765Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Chef's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thechefstablerocklin.com/
- Phone: 9167715656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: T-Sa 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Wine
- Catering: Events small and large, built to suit each client. Your event is unique, and so will your menu.
A word from The Chef's Table
The Chef's Table prides itself in contributing to the Farm to Fork movement, sourcing local produce, meats and seafood to provide our guest with the freshest experience available. Our ever-changing menu, and local grass roots approach gives our community a chance to visit us often without getting tired of the faire. Stop by and give us a try... Our kitchen is your kitchen! Large parties of 6 or more people will be required to contact the restaurant to make a reservation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Chef's Table - Best Restaurants in Rocklin ›
The Chef's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (91)special occasion (46)notable wine list (34)hot spot (31)great for lunch (29)romantic (25)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Date nightMixkimcheeDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to The Chef's Table was overall an enjoyable experience. A little slow on the water service and check in process. The food is rich in flavor and it appears to have a nice atmosphere. The portions are a little small for the cost per plate. It is a little small especially if a customer needs to come through with a wheel chair (ADA accessible) .Special Features:
- An evening with ChefvveggieDined on 8/28/2014Chilean sea bass was amazing, probably the best fish ever eaten in a restaurant! The risotto was a little overpowered by the wine flavor. Either the wine used was not good quality or it wasn't cooked off enough. Everything else was outstanding. Our melon salad and asparagus were delicious, first rate, and the cobbler excellent. Thanks for not skimping on the ice cream!! Definitely coming again!Special Features:
- The best meal in the area.djskitDined on 8/22/2014The two dishes we had were some of the greatest food we have ever been served in the Sacramento area. The vibe is very casual and the setting reminds me of the old Granitos. The only negative is that it is loud and tight. So if you are looking for a quite spot for a romantic dinner, go elsewhere. If you want great food and great service this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!FoothillfamilyDined on 8/19/2014The Chef's table is one of the best small restaurants in Rocklin/Roseville are. We have had diner and lunch here and every dish ordered has been excellent. Give it a try and make sure to make reservations as it is a small location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sturdy Table these Chefs WorkTyporneonDined on 8/16/2014You only have to look across the Strip mall wasteland in suburban California and slump your shoulders with expected discouragement that the unpromising exterior of the Chef's Table will offer no better cuisine than Carl's Jr/Green Burrito. But the exterior is where the similarities stop with that national chain famous for Paris Hilton commercial enticements. The fact is the Chef's Table menu and its service staff are brave, brave in the unflinching manner of regularly changing their menu. The food offers much more than the average diner can handle and that is a good thing. This obscure gem is spectacularly successful in delivering all that they promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we hoped for...TTWLVIPDined on 8/15/2014We requested a counter seat in our reservation. There were two waiting for us. The citrus heirloom tomato appetizer was perfect but so was the sea bass and the pork chop. We wish we lived closer. We will return and return and return and...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, poor seatingmmast612Dined on 8/15/2014Really great dinner! Service was fantastic! But the seating situation is terrible. There is only so much you can do with the tiny square footage and a local business shouldn't expand until financially ready-- so I get it. But my wife and I felt claustrophobic. Sit at the bar if you can so at least you can move your chairs close and create an intimate situation. At the tables, each table to the side of you can hear every word you say. But if this doesn't bug you, then go for sure because the food and wine were phenomenal. On par with Hawks, better than Paul Martins and Ella's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I'm a man of few words. Simply put, if you have not had the chance to experience The Chefs Table you are not living life. This place has it going on. All aspects from ambience, attention to detail and an all around stand up place. This a "must try" so take off your routine night out at a chain restaurant and give this local gem a shot. Guaranteed there won't be any regrets. Just be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic find!tharpoVIPDined on 8/13/2014Unbelievably warm and friendly; I'd be in trouble if I lived near this place. The perfect combination of casual, comfortable atmosphere and professionally trained chefs making amazing food. Hard to tell you what to order, as the menu changes daily, but the risotto was the best I've had, and the fried chicken and pesto fries... mmm....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uchunterDined on 8/12/2014Food is always a delight. Unique blends of herbs and spices. Always fresh and always delicious. We went there for our 36th wedding anniversary- it was our first choice. Casual dress- great service.Special Features:
- LunchAppsreviewDined on 8/8/2014This was the first time my friend and I had been at Chef's Table. It was a great experience and we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and friendly staffGrosvenorDined on 8/6/2014I love it when the owner is standing at your table, knows every detail on the menu and how it was prepared, and makes an educational experience out of fine dining. We had black-tie quisine in a casual setting. We had the award winning chicken, Berkshire pork, and chilean seabass all cooked to perfection. The prices are very reasonable. We are wine lovers and the wine list did not disappoint with a fine french wine to supplement our entrees. Starters and deserts were also not to be undersold - wow! Make sure you try the pesto fries. We will be back for sure to try the rest of the menus - food and wine. Thank you to Erick for a great first time dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not chain-store meals!JingleDined on 7/22/2014Yummy bacon brownie for birthday dessert. Don't leave Table without it. Server did not rush us yet was attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastymorsels4usDined on 7/19/2014We were very impressed when the owner introduced himself. Along with the friendly waiters, the owner(Eric) kept checking back with us. Very attentive. The food was absolutely delicious! My husband had the chicken dinner(very moist). I had the smoked salmon w/potatoes and asparagus. The portion size was just perfect. We thoroughly enjoyed our "date night" at The Chef's Table. Look forward to frequenting this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine like crack:nsudboroDined on 7/18/2014One hit and you're hooked. LUNCH: First decent meal I've had in this zip code. Menu offers fare that is sophisticated and complex enough to impress the discerning, but also offers several dishes that are not too intimidating for the average joe. Dishes for all budgets on the menu. DINNER: I was so impressed with lunch, that I went back for dinner on the same day (Friday). The place was packed -completely full- except for my reserved barstool. Nevertheless, the service was flawless: these gentlemen work together like a well-oiled machine, serving food that is to die for. The patrons on both sides of me at the bar were regulars, and not one of them could tell me of a single meal that had been less than spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014I was disappointed in the table we were assigned by the door. Other tables were available, and we've eaten there several times. Do we need to request a particular table when reserving?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pontes2Dined on 7/15/2014The PBJ hamburger is delicious! The cheese tray....delicious. A must try on both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know What to Expect!DineoutEnthusiastVIPDined on 7/12/2014I read about the place in local magazines and decided to try the place with a couple of my friends. The food was as good and interesting as was mentioned in the magazine, but what they forget to mention was that the place was not big enough to call it a restaurant! At it's current size, the chef's table is an eatery with promising food to expand and become a restaurant in the future. Of note is a few premium wines on their wine list that they are offering almost at the winery price, but I don't know if you want to spend $120+ on a bottle while you are at an eatery.Special Features:
- Great FoodurwhitDined on 7/11/2014This place is awesome. I forsee a bright future for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DlovesgoodfoodDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful caprese salad and wild salmon dinner. I didn't like the frequent use of bacon in some of the dishes. The food is great without it. the service is great and very friendly. I would go here again.Special Features:
- FoodsnobAlDined on 7/11/2014Best food in Sac!..The best cooks in Sacramento! We have eaten at every restaurant in Sac and this is our 1st choice..Best flavors and a new menu every time..What a treat! No wonder you must have reservations to get in there!Special Features:
- shavingsDined on 7/10/2014Enjoyed the eclectic menu. Starters were outstanding and too many too choose from. Had a wonderful caprese salad followed by shrimp over grits that were very good. Everyone raved about the fried chicken. They deserve their top 100 national rating. What a find.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014Noticed this little "hole in the wall" restaurant as we were shopping one day. Yelp reviews were impressive so we were optimistic. Walking in to a strip mall restaurant gave us pause. Never mind. The wine list is pricey, but worth it. Had the best Sauvignon Blanc ever. My husband and I shared the caprese salad which was wonderful (their own special buffalo mozzarella). I picked an entree that sounded ok (shrimp & grits). The owner asked me if I liked hot (yes). What a wonderful surprise. A real food experience. Naturally I sampled my husband's Vegetable Risotto (which sounded boring to me). Another fantastic bite. The menu descriptions, while accurate, just hint at the wonderful taste experiences. Can't wait to try another dish.Special Features:
- Innovative food, nice wine listKhaitismomDined on 7/8/2014Excellently prepared food. Wine list showed creativity and thoughtful choices. The shrimp and grits dish my guest enjoyed could have been prepared with a few more shrimp. It came with only three. My fried chicken was nearly perfect. The dessert cobbler was delightful with a delicate crust. I, personally, enjoyed the casual yet knowledgeable and professional approach by the staff. My guest, from SF, felt it too casual. Please don't change it up as it is one of the attributes that works well, in my humble opinion. Chef's Table will be my new go-to place. Can't wait for the next meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodYorkiegirlDined on 7/8/2014Food was good. Restaurant uncomfortably warm - of course the kitchen is open to the tables and patrons which must add to the room temperature. Server was dressed in old t-shirt and shorts. Other staff had on chef's whites which seemed professional. Wines reasonably priced. Great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food with no ambianceYummyDined on 6/27/2014The food was all awesome. The fried chicken and the burger were exceptional. Desserts were all great , as were the side dishes and appetizers. All the food was wonderful. However the restaurant is very small and cramped, and so noisy you can't have a regular conversation. The tables were so close together you had to move next to your neighbors table to squeeze into the booth. No ambiance as it is very small and loud. The food was outstanding. However it was like dinong in a noisy corner bar. I hope they do well so they can open a full restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef's table 1st visitfoodfanDined on 6/24/2014I made reservations several days before dining on a Tuesday. There were four of us and 3 were large men in group which I added in special requests. We arrive promptly at 6:30 and checked in and were offered the only table left which was small and backed up directly to door entry. We declined and was asked to wait until another opened. Food was terrific. However I felt it was more 1st come 1st served as opposed to accommodating those who took the time to make reservations. We will give it another try and hope for a better experience.Special Features:
- Amazing!Erin84Dined on 6/21/2014We had a great dinner at Chef's table. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and had great recommendations. The food was outstanding! Very fresh and flavorful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Chef's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014This is a gem of a local restaurant. Smiling staff, great service, and the food was wonderful! Small and cozy and we had a great laugh with the couples next to us. Lots of fun!Special Features:
- Way too loud and needs expansionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014This restaurant has very good food. It is upscale and I will return. However, it is WAY TOO LOUD inside the restaurant. Almost need hearing aids. IT is SO SMALL, every sound is amplified. Also, because of its lack of size, it is very hard to get a seat and you have to make reservations a week in advance. They need to move the restaurant to a larger place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great work!Dman2014Dined on 6/20/2014Very impressed with your operation. I've been in the business for ten years and new to the area so I'm glad I have found out about this place. I'll be dining with you again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Great place to get a variety of different plates. Really great staff/service for my first time dining. Would reccomend it small groups and couple for a nice casual date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedHappyTummyDined on 6/19/2014Finding The Chef's Table was totally by internet search and reading Yelp comments. I have to agree with most of the comments on Yelp, a very small place, but great service, and fresh, amazing food. I had the fried chicken with gravy sauce; kinda wished I had told them not to pour the gravy over the chicken...it was very good tho! The pesto fries are the best I've ever had, and my girlfriend echoed those comments (a hearty portion, I ended up taking some home and they zapped well in the micro!) I highly recommend this place for lunch, and because it is a small place (I'm guessing maybe 12 tables?? plus they have bar seating too...) Making a reservation is a good idea. Unassuming in a shopping center I see it expanding some day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find While TravelingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/18/2014We were absolutely thrilled to find this neighborhood gem. The owners and other service providers were most accommodating. Highly recommend the kale and the roasted corn.Special Features:
- Loved ItsacrobinVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was excellent. We started with the risotto croquettes, served with a lovely marinara sauce; they were flavorful and not at all greasy. Our entrees--the sea bass and the pork--were cooked perfectly. For dessert we shared the peach and strawberry cobbler, which was very nicely done; the fruit was fresh, both tart and sweet, and the biscuit-like topping was crisp on top and soft underneath. The menu choices and execution are fine dining all the way, but the atmosphere and service are pleasantly welcoming and unpretentious. Great place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favoriteDougndinaDined on 6/13/2014We try to go at least twice a month if not more. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply profound.takeoutdivaDined on 6/12/2014Real proof that good things come in small packages. This pint-sized restaurant packs a culinary punch; a seasonally changing menu of locally sourced goodness, a comfortable warm atmosphere, and service that makes you feel completely welcome and at home. With hearty meat dishes, succulent seafood, and a veggie option or two, this place has something for everyone. You just have to GO. But make a reservation - the place fills up quick!Special Features:
- The MarkWaterstatsVIPDined on 6/11/2014Always on the mark. If you are looking for pasta and chicken fingers, this place is not for you. Trust the Chefs. They know what they are doing. Make a reservation. It fills up fast. Great food and personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint little gem!!rcpilot92Dined on 6/6/2014What a surprise! We set a reservation and found a gem! Small but AWESOME!! The wine list was great, the food and staff were amazing! Prices well within reason for what we got!! Will be going back again for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014My boyfriend and I had a great experience at the Chef's Table. Stellar food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.