The Chef's Table
6843 Lonetree Blvd
Rocklin, CA 95765Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Chef's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thechefstablerocklin.com/
- Phone: 9167715656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: T-Sa 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Wine
- Catering: Events small and large, built to suit each client. Your event is unique, and so will your menu.
A word from The Chef's Table
The Chef's Table prides itself in contributing to the Farm to Fork movement, sourcing local produce, meats and seafood to provide our guest with the freshest experience available. Our ever-changing menu, and local grass roots approach gives our community a chance to visit us often without getting tired of the faire. Stop by and give us a try... Our kitchen is your kitchen! Large parties of 6 or more people will be required to contact the restaurant to make a reservation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Chef's Table - Best Restaurants in Rocklin ›
The Chef's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (38)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (26)romantic (22)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I enjoyed an incredible dinner. The server was attentive and knowledgable. And of course the food was outstanding. We enjoyed the Steak Frites, risotto with prawns and pimento cheese burger. We recommend all 3! We have eaten at TCT several times, this was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in RocklinChrisNSophiaDined on 10/17/2014we've been going to chefs table for 2 years now and have never been disappointed. So glad to have this great restaurant in rocklin.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem For Sure!JackPatzMomDined on 10/17/2014Hubby and I went here for lunch the other day. I'd been before with a friend, but he'd never been here. Food is delicious, hand-crafted from local sources, as much as possible. Wait staff was friendly and helpful. The owner stopped by and chatted with us two or three times. Overall, the food was excellent and prices moderate. The Beer Battered Pesto French Fries with Swiss Cheese: to die for!!! Highly recommend! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDanielCDined on 10/16/2014If you are looking for great food, reasonably priced, and delectably prepared this is it. although it is located in a strip mall don't let it's simple surroundings fool you. This place has a varied menu leaning California cuisine and the open air kitchen with friendly chefs makes you feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown Style Restaurant in RocklinjeckleinVIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent find! I wasn't to sure when pulling into the generic strip mall center located in suburban Rocklin. But behind the curtains the cover the windows was a very cool and comfortable scene. The staff was attentive. We were seated promptly. YES, this place is small, but that's the cool thing about it! You can engage with others if you choose or just enjoy the food which as awesome. I had the Southern fried chicken and she had the filet mignon. The chicken was the bomb. I am not a fried chicken person but this, I would order again. Wonderful lively neighborhood feel with friendly and attentive staff. We live in Roseville but often choose to go to midtown for a great dining experience. Now we have another option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great vibe, great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit to Chef's Table, reaffirming what we liked during our first visit and taking it to a higher level. If you've never been, be advised that this is not a quiet, romantic little bistro. It is a lively, bustling place full of couples, groups, friends obviously enjoying the food and themselves. Menu is creative and changes often. Had an ahi appetizer that was so fresh and delicious, and also loved the potato poppers. Entrees of pan-seared salmon and braised pork cheeks had us nearly licking the plates clean. Friendly service with plenty of details about the food if you ask. Sitting at the counter allows you to watch the chef in action and engage in the energy of the place.Special Features:
- Great except for...IllbebackDined on 10/11/2014Do not want to give the wrong impression. This restaurant was excellent. The food was awesome, the service was great. However, I just would not recommend to a couple celebrating anything romantic. If your looking for a great meal and want to spend time with family and friends, then by all means, get a reservation here. Just too small and compact to be a romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book by it's cover...pamelaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Dining at a business in a strip-mall-ish location makes me highly suspicious of it's quality. Not so at The Chef's Table...limited casual banquette seating, open kitchen bar counter, nice staff. And did I mention the food? You won't be dissappointed!Special Features:
- Great Local PlaceDtostDined on 10/4/2014This is a great place for those who are tired of the boxed chain restaurants in Roseville. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- First time excellencenotimpressedDined on 10/4/2014Since we don't eat out often, we're always looking for recommendations. This one paid off tremendously. Small, crowded, and very noisy, we were dubious at first, but our table was comfortable and surprisingly conversation was easy. Then we got to eating. Everything we had was fabulous. The squash seemed a little out of place in the risotto, but delicious nonetheless. We don't usually get desert, but everything was so good we had to give it a try, and we're glad we did. This one is a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight squeezebj916Dined on 10/4/2014This place is very small, so therefore quite loud. The food was good but portions are very small. My husband had the Halibut and the piece was about 2 " wide and about 4-5 inches long. There was a wine sauce of some sort, it was good and a few strips of broccoli, that was $26. The bacon brownie was not to my husbands liking, it was weird, and we like bacon & chocolate! The pumpkin bread pudding was good. I had the tacos. They were good, not great. The duck spring rolls were good. I wouldn't go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Hole-in-the-wall spot worthvisitingHappyCustomerDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant is a gem with excellent food, good service, and unique charm. Take the time to hunt for the location. You'll be happy you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's just okayItsjustokayDined on 9/27/2014The appetizers were great, but several items on the menu were not available, enters and desserts a Ike. Very cramped, the restaurant maybe can hold 50 people max, it's is very noisy with the open kitchen not 10 feet from the diners. The fried chicken was excellent but unless you like white gravy with lots of bacon grease and bacon bits, ask for it not to be placed all over the chicken, it's old school southern style stick to your ribs food, don't eat too late or you'll end up with indigestion. I would go back for appetizers, and to see how the other items are, but I'd hesitate because of the cramped space, I preference not to have a conversation with my date, and not strangers, personal choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fine DiningMikeADined on 9/26/2014The food is amazing as always. Service was even better this time than last. If I could I go here once a week! It's out of this WORLD!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014After reading many great reviews of this neighborhood "gem," we finally made it to TCT. So disappointed. Very small, and with a group of six at our table, it was so loud that it was hard to hear from one side of the group to the other. We were crowded up very near the bar, so that people had to squeeze behind our seats to get by. Service was good, and the owner came by and greeted us, which is always a nice touch. However, the portions are very small (there will be no splitting of entrees at this venue). You need to know that ahead of time, and then can order multiple courses to complete your meal, but then it's so pricey! The food just wasn't very good; even the pesto fries, which were tasty but overly "pesto'ed"and soggy. Once and done.
- Best meal I've eaten in a whileTysonDined on 9/24/2014Fresh, flavorful, delicious food. Friendly staff. Enjoy watching them cook if you sit at the bar. I can't wait to go back. Best food I've found in town so far. Make reservations though, because they have a small dining room so it fills up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceLouieDined on 9/23/2014The food was amazing, but the service was poor. We had to wave at our waiter at several different times to get our order, water, and to ask any questions. We have been to the Chef's Table 4 times, and this was the worst service ever. This experience took away from really enjoying the food....and we brought friends who had never eaten at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!!KellBellDined on 9/19/2014I have been here a handful of times and EVERY time I am amazed by the texture, taste and smell of the food! I love sitting at the bar and watching them prepare the food. It's a real treat! I LOVE this place!!!Special Features:
- Foodie ParadiseMrsNelsonDined on 9/19/2014We've been several times now and always love the food! We started with a wonderful Caesar salad. The fried chicken is amazing (and a staple on the ever changing menu) but this time I chose a pan seared halibut with watermelon gazpacho and an avocado mousse with lime wedges. The flavors were amazing and different. My gluten free counterpart chose a risotto with shrimp that she loved. It was very loud but it was Friday night. Overall very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting it Right...ttdvmDined on 9/17/2014The food delicious and fun with a blend of different tastes/smells/textures most may never have thought to try. The owners walk around and give it that "dinner with 40 friends" feel. I wish there were more, but so happy to have just the one. Perfect! Remember to reserve a place, as the line will grow when word gets out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJtwhaleDined on 9/12/2014My wife had made reservations for our 22yr anniversary, we had a nice table all to ourselves . The staff was awesome as well as the food. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite1Dined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed the menu, the food, the service and the neighborhood feel of the Chef's Table We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food againRsvlfudieDined on 9/10/2014I've been here three times now and every time the food had been excellent. The micro brew beers are also delicious, especially if you're an IPA fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie and Food Allergie FriendlyorganicloveDined on 9/10/2014I love the chef here. I have eaten here 3 times now (all for lunch) and all three times the chef has been more than happy to accommodate my food allergies. In fact the first time I ate lunch here I just asked the waiter to omit dairy and gluten from a sandwich because I was craving meat but their wasn't really a good option for me to pick. The waiter created an idea for a salad that combined the sandwich choice and a salad on their menu and asked the chef if it was doable. The chef said no problem and the fruits of their concoction resulted in the best salad I have ever eaten. I love that their menu changes weekly and that they have fresh, good quality, local food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little spot!YarnyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We came up to see a show at Thunder Valley Casino and found this place on Open Table. It is very small, in a strip mall and not the type of place I would have gone without reading other reviews. That is why I am posting mine. The food was so delicious! The french fries, as others have mentioned, were ridiculous. The waiter was kind enough to give us a half order and we couldn't even finish that. The portions are big and the quality very high. I could see the chef hand making the burger patties! My only complaint is that I don't live closer because I would come here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant ReviewJackie1960Dined on 9/3/2014Service was excellent and friendly, food was great and was a lot of fun watching the cook prepare food.Special Features:
- 3rd time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2014It was outstanding as always. The service was great, food is unique and perfectly cooked and there's really nothing to not like about it unless you forgot to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMixkimcheeDined on 8/29/2014Our first visit to The Chef's Table was overall an enjoyable experience. A little slow on the water service and check in process. The food is rich in flavor and it appears to have a nice atmosphere. The portions are a little small for the cost per plate. It is a little small especially if a customer needs to come through with a wheel chair (ADA accessible) .Special Features:
- An evening with ChefvveggieDined on 8/28/2014Chilean sea bass was amazing, probably the best fish ever eaten in a restaurant! The risotto was a little overpowered by the wine flavor. Either the wine used was not good quality or it wasn't cooked off enough. Everything else was outstanding. Our melon salad and asparagus were delicious, first rate, and the cobbler excellent. Thanks for not skimping on the ice cream!! Definitely coming again!Special Features:
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014What an amazing burger! Fig Jam, Brie, juicy burger, soft bun. Just amazing. My daughter had the risotto that she loved. You could tell since there was not even a grain of rice left in the bowl.Special Features:
- The best meal in the area.djskitDined on 8/22/2014The two dishes we had were some of the greatest food we have ever been served in the Sacramento area. The vibe is very casual and the setting reminds me of the old Granitos. The only negative is that it is loud and tight. So if you are looking for a quite spot for a romantic dinner, go elsewhere. If you want great food and great service this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!FoothillfamilyDined on 8/19/2014The Chef's table is one of the best small restaurants in Rocklin/Roseville are. We have had diner and lunch here and every dish ordered has been excellent. Give it a try and make sure to make reservations as it is a small location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sturdy Table these Chefs WorkTyporneonDined on 8/16/2014You only have to look across the Strip mall wasteland in suburban California and slump your shoulders with expected discouragement that the unpromising exterior of the Chef's Table will offer no better cuisine than Carl's Jr/Green Burrito. But the exterior is where the similarities stop with that national chain famous for Paris Hilton commercial enticements. The fact is the Chef's Table menu and its service staff are brave, brave in the unflinching manner of regularly changing their menu. The food offers much more than the average diner can handle and that is a good thing. This obscure gem is spectacularly successful in delivering all that they promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we hoped for...TTWLVIPDined on 8/15/2014We requested a counter seat in our reservation. There were two waiting for us. The citrus heirloom tomato appetizer was perfect but so was the sea bass and the pork chop. We wish we lived closer. We will return and return and return and...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, poor seatingmmast612Dined on 8/15/2014Really great dinner! Service was fantastic! But the seating situation is terrible. There is only so much you can do with the tiny square footage and a local business shouldn't expand until financially ready-- so I get it. But my wife and I felt claustrophobic. Sit at the bar if you can so at least you can move your chairs close and create an intimate situation. At the tables, each table to the side of you can hear every word you say. But if this doesn't bug you, then go for sure because the food and wine were phenomenal. On par with Hawks, better than Paul Martins and Ella's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I'm a man of few words. Simply put, if you have not had the chance to experience The Chefs Table you are not living life. This place has it going on. All aspects from ambience, attention to detail and an all around stand up place. This a "must try" so take off your routine night out at a chain restaurant and give this local gem a shot. Guaranteed there won't be any regrets. Just be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic find!tharpoVIPDined on 8/13/2014Unbelievably warm and friendly; I'd be in trouble if I lived near this place. The perfect combination of casual, comfortable atmosphere and professionally trained chefs making amazing food. Hard to tell you what to order, as the menu changes daily, but the risotto was the best I've had, and the fried chicken and pesto fries... mmm....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uchunterDined on 8/12/2014Food is always a delight. Unique blends of herbs and spices. Always fresh and always delicious. We went there for our 36th wedding anniversary- it was our first choice. Casual dress- great service.Special Features:
- LunchAppsreviewDined on 8/8/2014This was the first time my friend and I had been at Chef's Table. It was a great experience and we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good food, not chain-store meals!JingleDined on 7/22/2014Yummy bacon brownie for birthday dessert. Don't leave Table without it. Server did not rush us yet was attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.