The Chef's Table (Rocklin)
6843 Lonetree Blvd #103
Rocklin, CA 95765Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Chef's Table (Rocklin)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefdavidstable.com/
- Phone: 916-771-5656
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Hill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from The Chef's Table (Rocklin)
The Chef's Table is a Rocklin cafe located at 6843 Lonetree Blvd. on the NE corner of Blue Oaks and Lone Tree Blvd. We are open for lunch tuesday through friday 11:30 am to 2pm and dinner Tuesday through Saturday from 5:30pm to 10pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Chef's Table (Rocklin) reviews from OpenTable diners
- Had a trip-tip salad - yumm!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013Had a trip-tip salad - yumm!! Service was slow but friendly. I was cold the who,e lunch hour because the front. Door was open. A bit drafty. Great salad but pricey.Special Features:
- Best burgerRainbirdVIPDined on 2/28/2013We had the best gourmet burger to date. The chef came out seated us because it was busy and talked to us, made a wine suggestion that was terrific. Food was very good and you could tell by the people coming it is a local favorite. Not very big so reservations might be necessary, but worth it.Special Features:
- Could not taste the tuna onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Could not taste the tuna on the sandwich because too many spices
- Dining at THE Chef's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We went for a "belated" Valentine's Day dinner. We searched for a unique place and found it here. It's quite a small place ( hence reservations required), but we went because of reviews we had read. We could hardly believe how good the food is prepared, and served. It's not large servings, it's artistry of the food! We had salmon, large scallops, their incredible award winning hamburger, and southern chicken with their own batter. We shared everything. And then dessert was an incredible banana pie. The service and food here is outstanding. Definitely a place to go to for a dining experience .Special Features:
- My wife and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013My wife and I had a wonderful experience at The Chef's Table. The space is tight, but intimate, and the food was amazing. We enjoyed everything we ordered. The duck Mac a cheese was creative and flavorful. The fried chicken dinner was an explosion of flavor!Special Features:
- This is a very food consciousWidget42Dined on 2/20/2013This is a very food conscious place, decent wine list with an option to buy a bottle of Silver Oak as well. Some people brought their own wine and the food was great. Small place so make a reservation!Special Features:
- Great menu and food in theOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/16/2013Great menu and food in the middle of a strip mall desert
- The food was amazing, as we'reOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was amazing, as we're the wine and beer. Both menus change daily. We can't wait to go back. The ambience was a little weird. We went for valentines day and got seated in the hallway. Service was great also.Special Features:
- Great way to taste many typesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Great way to taste many types of fresh local foods. My wife and i shared a duck salad followed by scallops, then finished with some fried chicken. Best fried chicken ever!Special Features:
- Love this place. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Love this place. The food and service is great. Very small Place so get reservations.Special Features:
- We heard from our daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2013We heard from our daughter how good the food was, so we tried. I had checked out the menu online and off we went. Food was outstanding and totally different than any we had previously. Serverer was quite knowledgeable about the food and very cordial to talk with. If it weren't for the fact we are from WI. we would be regulars.Special Features:
- We were very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/5/2013We were very disappointed! we had house guests visiting from Bulgaria, and we had been raving about the wonderful Cioppino we had eaten on our last visit with friends, and they were anxious...when we arrived, the menu only had four entrees, pork, chichen, steak and one other, can't recall, no cioppino! Which is the reason we had taken our guests in the first place! Not a good experience...won't be recommending The chef's table any more.
- Food will not disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Absolutely loved the pesto tater tots that we saw in multiple other reviews, and the fried chicken was DE-lish. I got the Hills Burger and was NOT disappointed! Food was great, restaurant could use some sprucing up a bit but I hear they're opening a second location in Roseville.Special Features:
- We have recommended this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013We have recommended this restaurant to everyone we know, the food was incredible!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in Rocklin!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2013Always a treat to dine at Chef's Table. Outstanding culinary creations with unique blends of flavor make their dishes both delicious and memorable. Sensible portions, plus a great use of seasonal vegetables that are locally-sourced. Service is fantastic! Wine and beer lists are hand-selected to complement their menu. Be sure to make a reservation ahead of time - space is limited, allowing for a cozy, bistro-type feel, but it usually is pretty full.Special Features:
- We keep coming back! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2013We keep coming back! The fried chicken is to die for! Excellent service, great food, wine and beer and fun atmosphere. Laid back and fun! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Skimped on the ShrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2013Excellent fried chicken as recommeneded by most reviews. Mashed potatoes with bacon gravy, seasonal veges, Only thing missing was a honey butter biscuit! Shrimp linguine/pasta dish with only 3 shrimp of the 31-40 count size. This was ordered from the large plate menu, Really 3 shrimp on an $18.00 pasta dish?? disappointed.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013The food and service were great; however, the TV hanging on the wall detracts from the overall experience.Special Features:
- The owner stood behind theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013The owner stood behind the bar the entire time we were there talking with one set of customers while enjoying a glass of wine himself. He did zero work. He also allowed other employees behind the bar, in the kitchen area to drink alcohol while they were working which is completely unprofessional. That aside, the food was very good. We had the hamburger, which is pricey, but nontheless, fantastic as are the pesto fries and bacon brownie. We also had the fried chicken, which was good, but expected better from the reviews. The bacon gravy on the chicken is excellent. We had made reservations ahead of time, and although there were other tables open, we were sat by the door. We assumed the other tables were reserved, but soon discovered, no.
- We love, love, love this place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/5/2013We love, love, love this place!! If you haven'y been... GO:)Special Features:
- Our absolute favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013Our absolute favorite place for date night by far. Feels like a little bit of San Francisco in Rocklin. Unique and tasty with some of the best microbrews and wines available. This has been our little slice of heaven and within walking/riding distance for us so its an extra special treat!Special Features:
- We made a reservation on openOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We made a reservation on open table. When we arrived we could see our name on the computer, but were told they didn't have a table ready for us. After about 5 minutes we were told we could have a seat at the bar. Kind of annoying but you can get the full menu sitting bar or table so it ended up being fine. Service was attentive and interactive. Noise level was a bit high, but its a smaller place and there was a rather tipsy group having a good time nearby.Special Features:
- I've been there a few times.ericDined on 12/20/2012I've been there a few times. Always good, but this last time beef was over cooked and dry. Soup was the excellant.Special Features:
- Dining DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Took my wife there for her birthday at our son's recommendation. What a find. Pesto fries were WOW. Wife had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and bacon gravy. She says chicken is best she's ever had and she's an excellent cook. The gravy was something special. Brussel sprouts was the vege and the way they were prepared anyone would be a fan, including me and I don't generally like them.(I got a taste of her dinner) I had the hamburger that this place is famous for. It was not on the menu at the time.(Menu changes a little every night except for the chicken). I asked for it and it was no problem. I am a hamburger freak. Its my favorite meal. This was the best. Its hard to describe all the flavors that come into play. All EXCELLENT !!!!Special Features:
- Fried chicken was delicious.momoflisaVIPDined on 12/11/2012Fried chicken was delicious. Too much vinegar on the dino kale appetizer.
- Lost their sparkRosevilleDadDined on 12/8/2012TCT has lost it's spark. It has been our go to date night restaurant for a few years and early on the menu was constantly changing, the food was interesting, and the staff enthusiastic about what they were doing. Over the last few visits, we've seen them slowly lose their mojo and this last visit was the nail in the coffin. The menu was the same it was six months ago when we visited and the food was good, though not bright and inspired like it once was. It's starting to look run down - the place needs a new coat of paint and the same scratches and holes in the drywall have been there for a year. The staff was friendly, but lacked the interest and enthusiasm they once had. I really want them to stay, but I won't be back for a while.Special Features:
- You would never think a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012You would never think a small joint in a strip mall would be so good!! This place is out of bounds GOOD!Special Features:
- I was in town for one night,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012I was in town for one night, & someone recommended I have dinner at The Chef's Table. The experience exceeded my expectations! The food was remarkable, and the staff treated me like I was a regular. Anytime I'm in the Sacramento area I will be stopping by for another meal.
- I always look forward to whatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/21/2012I always look forward to what is on the menu since it is constantly changing. I get excited to try something new. The food is excellent. The Fried Chicken is always on the menu, and it is to die for!Special Features:
- Not a good place to go forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2012Not a good place to go for an over rated food menu. Noisy bar with locals tossing the F bomb about. My chicken was tough and chewy and my wife's schrimp was rubbery. The beer list was limited and the wine was way over priced. The place is too small for dinning and the bar and kitchen all in the same area. The bar is right on top of the dinning tables and foot trafic is always bumping your chair. They had a good local bar scene and maybe that will keep the doors open, but it won't be the over priced food and wine list. If you go take your own bottle of wine and pay the corkage fee it will be more reasonable with a wine you like. Would not recommend.
- The food was o.k. We stoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2012The food was o.k. We stood inside by the front door and made eye contact with two waiters before we were acknowledged and seated. The food was semi-fancy pub food.
- I am never disappointed withKathrynGDined on 11/14/2012I am never disappointed with the food or the service here.Special Features:
- Very noisy, but was seatedAndrewDined on 11/9/2012Very noisy, but was seated immediately with my reservation. (Way too busy to drop-in!) Great American-style cuisine, with a rotating menu of interesting dishes. Great wine and beer list. The service was excellent, and very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Delicious food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Delicious food and wonderful staff that treats you special every time! I'm looking forward to my next experience at The Chef's Table!Special Features:
- Once again an awesome mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2012Once again an awesome meal with great guys! Thanks and we cannot wait to try the new place:)Special Features:
- Still on top of its gamevinofylDined on 11/7/2012I hadn't been there for awhile but was pleased to see that they are maintaining their high quality cuisine. The menu is limited but does offer a nice selection of small plate/appetizers. Their special chicken is the best I've ever had. They always have some interesting choices on their wine and beer lists. I try to dine early due to the high noise level when the restaurant fills up. Great service from Brahm, who has been there forever and really enjoys the give and take with his customers.Special Features:
- always a favorite local NeighborhoogoodtastesDined on 10/30/2012always a favorite local Neighborhood place to go. was no one there on Tuesday....had the whole place to ourselves.....Special Features:
- The owner is an arrogant twit...serOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012The owner is an arrogant twit...seriously self-absorbed. Did not give the slightest nod to us - new customers - as we did not fit in his social circle for the night.Food was excellent. Waiter was excellent. Our party of nine spent several hundreds of dollars. Will never go back and put another penny of our hard earned money in this man's pocket. There are too many good people in the industry working so hard for their customer's business.How 'bout you try to show a little humility and appreciation for your customer who got you there?
- I have been here a few times,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012I have been here a few times, I always get the Southern Fried Chicken with bacon gravy and mash potatoes, it rocks, every time.Special Features:
- We love this place. It hasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2012We love this place. It has a nice casual atmosphere, very friendly staff. Menu changes often so it's exciting to see what's on the menu. They always have the fried chicken though, and it's to die for.Special Features: