10 Temperance St.
Toronto, ON M5H 1Y5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thechasetoronto.com/
- Phone: 6473487000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday : 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Steh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chase hospitality group is thrilled to offer our guests a unique and effortless event planning experience. Let our team of professionals put your mind at ease during your next event, from menus to wine selections, we will take care of every detail. The Chase and The Chase Fish and Oyster are the perfect venue to host weddings, business meetings, product launches, exclusive dinners, intimate celebrations, and so much more!
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Baumgartner 4163019309x
- Cross Street: Yonge St
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available during the evening beginning at 5pm. ($12).
Additionally street or underground parking is available during the day or for those who prefer not to valet.
The parking amenities are not owned or operated by The Chase, please see Green P parking for details.
A word from The Chase
The Chase is our passion for Casual Elegance. Our rooftop restaurant highlights what we love most about upscale dining, and presents it in a modest, welcoming and thoughtful way. Our ongoing chase for the finest ingredients from around the world coupled with simple and uncomplicated flavors is the foundation for our culinary philosophy. Using refined techniques from Italian and French cuisines we formed a menu that can be best described as Contemporary North American. It celebrates the beauty of simplicity and keep you craving more. The service is detailed and technical, but as comfortable as being at home. The room is sophisticated, but refreshingly approachable and unpretentious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Chase reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)special occasion (107)hot spot (88)great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (60)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (45)scenic view (45)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (14)great for brunch (9)Show More
- The Chase reviewhightowerDined on 10/11/2014Took my girl for her bday. Asked for a nice romantic table for two but I dont think that request was followed through as it seemed we were just seated at a regular table. Other than that it was a fantastic experience. The food was seriously phenomenal...could not have asked for more delicious food. It was pricey but for a special occasion well worth it. The appetizer we got was a little small for an entree price of $24 but then again the gnocchi was a steal at $10 (side dish) and it was amazing. Overall one of the best dining experiences ive had. She loved it and thats all that mattered to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite Restaurant in TorontoBettyNDined on 10/9/2014The Chase, by far, is one of the best restaurants in Toronto. The food and service is consistently outstanding.Special Features:
- Great service. Some great dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Wouldn't recommend Gnocchi side dish. The gnocchi is mostly cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chase never disappointsBettyNDined on 10/1/2014I've dined at the Chase a handful of times. Each time, the service is consistently friend, professional and efficieint. The food tastes fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- StunningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2014My vesper cocktail was shaken not stirred. Amazing bartender. Loved the scallops.Special Features:
- Good Place!AwesomeFoodieDined on 9/29/2014The food was very good other than the fact that some of the sauces they have for the food are a bit salty. The ambiance is really nice and romantic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my new favouritesSharonVIPDined on 9/27/2014One of the best restaurants in the city. Congratulations, we need more Restaurants like The Chase. The atmosphere is fantastic, along with great food and lovely service.Special Features:
- poorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014We waited absolutely forever for the food, and when it arrived, the portions were minuscule, and quality was very below standard, given the price point. Wine list was good though. The Toronto restaurant scene, overall, is so far behind NYC, London and Paris, it is shameful; the Chase is emblematic of the amateurish attempts at top level dining, with nice look, but poor management and food. Will not be returning, and will not recommend if anyone asks.Special Features:
- Service outstanding!!!YummyinmytummyDined on 9/26/2014I choose this restaurant for my husband's birthday and it exceeded our expectations. They have top notch service (I would say it's better than Canoe's ) and the food presentation flavours were amazing! We got the halibut to share and it was outstanding and filling! The only regret we had was not to start at The Chase oyster bar for oysters before dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive Bay street hangOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014The menu is different between upstairs and downstairs - not sure which is better. Inconsistant service. Something on my dish was missing so had to be returned to the kitchen. Another item was charged to the bill in error. It is for people who have expense accounts. The food is nice and the restaurant is pretty. $80 for a light lunch for 2 and no drinks. Quite noisy. Four can dine at Mashu Mashu in Forest Hill Village for the same cost.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodWendyBDined on 9/19/2014Really enjoyed our night out at The Chase. Pricey but very good.Special Features:
- Hidden gemluvgoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014The access is hidden away, and once you exit the elevator you enter this great space. The atmosphere has a buzz, the serving staff have great personalities and the food is presented superbly. Each course was as delicious as the next which eventually coherced us to explore three courses. All round a good findSpecial Features:
- Very ImpressiveGTAdinerDined on 9/17/2014Excellent experience all round! Stunning roof top room and outdoor deck. The service staff and culinary team have an eye for detail. Service was warm and attentive and meals were timed perfectly. The Chase exceeded all my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014this is a reliable hgh end, quality restaurant, but not for the faint of heart when the bill arrives. Wine list heavy on expensive wines and I feel this spot more suited for the expense account crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCliffordDined on 9/15/2014The ambiance, the service and those scallops..divine experience every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialLinkyVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is special. Went for anniversary celebration and so ambiance/service was important. Service is top class - attentive/not too attentive, friendly/not too friendly, and a commitment to making your meal a special event. The last time I had experienced service of this caliber was in a top rated restaurant in France. As for food, I consider myself an amateur chef so I'm tough. Presentation was excellent. Had the signature Haddock and it was cooked was excellent. The area for growth is in pushing the boundaries of the menu - it is brief and and mainstream. Not a bad thing for a restaurant that is just starting to build its brand. Overall - a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice but something's missing!GiGiDined on 9/11/2014Since opening, CHASE has lost a little Lustre, a little of the creative foodie edge and a little on the attentive service. The room is nice so maybe we'd go back but it's just "okay" these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialBigCatDined on 9/10/2014Great food. Great selection. Amazing Service. The Chase never disappoints. It's a great place for a special night out and expect the bill to illustrate that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after-work dinner spotjobro79Dined on 9/10/2014Nice atmosphere. Really attentive and pleasant staff. Delicious food. Overall great experience. I will be back.Special Features:
- FabulousRoughyDined on 9/8/2014Truly a wonderful restaurant. The atmosphere is lovely and we had a very attentive, without being in your face waiter. He was well informed regarding the menu and any questions we had he explained fully. We shared our starters and our mains (sorry I know you call them entrees) and they were exceptional. Perhaps only one gripe - the wine list although comprehensive was also quite expensive without an option for something a little less costly - there are still good wines that are less than $80. Irrespective of this we shall definitely return as we enjoyed the entire night and all The Chase has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch placeCookieDined on 9/5/2014This is the third time eating at The Chase and it's a wonderful place for lunch. You can even get a table if you make the reservation the night before if you are flexible on the time. The hostess sat us at a group of tables along the wall which was not so nice and a little crowded, but our server moved us across the room to the window which was roomy and bright. It made our lunch that much better. They prepare the fish very well, it's never overcooked and seasoned well and their bread is wonderful. If it's a warm sunny day get a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014First, I want to note the great service provided by our waiter Dave. He was very attentive and friendly, even when my friend was giving him a bit of a hard time at times! The food was generally great. Our appetizers, the Pearl Platter, was okay (tuna was a tad bit overdressed and oysters were underwhelming, but octopus and crab were great). However, the halibut for two was really great. It was also a nice touch when they brought out the fish while it was almost done cooking to let us see the whole fish before it was deboned and plated. For dessert, the berries I got were very fresh (with a touch of buffalo yogurt), but my friend's peanut butter and chocolate was awesome. Hoping to go back here sometime soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chase impressesChrisD51Dined on 9/4/2014Great food, great ambiance and terrific food. It was a great place for a special dinner.Special Features:
- funfoodandwineDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at the The Chase and were treated very well and because we told them it was a special occasion we both felt like there was a special touch added to our experience. Our server was courteous and engaging, the food was just lovely and while the noise was a bit energetic it did not take away from our experience. Food portions were just perfect and very yummy. I would recommend The Chase and hope to return some time soon.Special Features:
- Loved it!somewhatdisappointedDined on 9/4/2014The menu is varied and unique. Great presentation and exquisite taste. Service is attentive. Special place to bring a special guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AljanAljanDined on 8/28/2014Staff were attentive without being obtrusive, knowledgable about the menu. Enjoyed the portion sizes; although a previous review said that three lamb chops would have been preferable to two, i was happy with the portion sizes so that I had space for dessert. Would definitely recommend. Glad that the noise level in the dining room is quite a bit less than in the bar area. Was able to carry on conversation easily. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner at 6:30FrugalinTorontoDined on 8/27/2014I went there with my son on what I would call a "special occasion". The total experience was first class. Chase is not a "cheap" restaurant but I feel I got full value for both the food and the service - and I am not known as a lavish spender. I would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJmtlDined on 8/27/2014The rooftop terrace at The Chase is beautiful and very trendy. The food was great and I loved being there, but there were a lot of bees around, which made the experience less pleasant than it could have been.Special Features:
- Overall very good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014It was an anniversary dinner so I wanted to ensure a good meal and service. So Chase delivered on both counts. Only complaint is that the wine bottle was not on the table so a couple of times I had to look around for the server as my glass was empty. To all restaurants.... let me pour my own wine!! Other than the wine, the servers were attentive. Food was very good and it was nice of them to chip in with the dessert..... though I still would have preferred to have our choice of dessert instead of told which dessert we were to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Downtown LunchDowntownerDined on 8/26/2014My brother got married at City Hall and we wanted a nice place to have lunch afterwards. The Chase was recommended by a friend. It was perfect. The food was high quality, interesting and creative. They have wonderful U booths. The staff was happy to accomodate our stroller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingImpressedwithgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have enjoyed lunch and dinner at this restaurant, but my latest dinner was disappointing. Food and service was good, but there were too many large groups who were noisy - office workers being let out of their cubicles and drinking too loudly. Other parties were kind of pretentious. I dont think I will rush to return in the evening. Lunch might be better for this place.Special Features:
- CharlieBDined on 8/20/2014The first set of hosts did were not too welcoming maybe they were sleepy. Second level hosts were a bit warmer. Brought me to the wrong table and didn't believe me when I told her she was wrong (Not all asians hang out with Asians). I ordered the pasta which had some very salty pockets, after a while I couldn't handle it anymore. Our server was good he took care of us. My guest and I shared the tartar which was good. He ordered the scallops which were good too. A bit over seasoned which took away from the scallops. I might recommend the place but with warnings. Worth a try, don't go with high expectations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Too loud Food decent but prices ridiculous Brilliant server - attentive without being overly so and aware of what was going on
- Good but still looking forward bestPaulShirinDined on 8/18/2014This is my 3th time been to The Chase (top floor), the whole experience is pleasant: food is nicely present and tast good, service is always attentive, ambience is stunning. But, as a regular restaurant goer and since this is a financial distric joint and reach to anniversary, I expect great. I found the Menu a bit tired - similar in a whole year period. If they can update the Menu more often like the others top notch restaurants do which' once per month that really drag my attention to go more often. Being in very high competition industry, service, innovation and creativities are the keys. I'm not surprised to find their sister restaurant's Menu quite similar be frankly. I love Chase, am looking forward to come back but not rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TanyaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Second time here. Food is amazing! Service is incredible. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food and service were excellent. Imaginative menu and very attentive adn friendly wait staff. The patio is a great place to spend a sumer evening.Special Features:
- Great food, Great service.8here2Dined on 8/2/2014We sat on the patio, which was lovely, but a lady was smoking continuously. Fortunately, the breeze was blowing the right way, and people were moved, so the staff was accomodating. The food was delicious. We started with oysters, and moved on the mains which were the scallops, arctic char and sea bream, all of which were really yummy. Then, we were surprised by my husband being presented with their chocolate dessert and a candle. We hadn't said a thing, but I guess they noticed us toasting his birthday at dinner. We had the lime dessert and the cheesecake and both were really good. All around a lovely experience. I would highly recommend the Chase.Special Features:
- for a Special night out!MimiDined on 8/1/2014Although a bit expensive, it is worth it for a special occasion. Wine list is strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!luv2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014Amazing food, AMAZING service, such a beautiful place and a perfect experience!Special Features:
- The chase is specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Great food and service in beautiful setting! The Chef takes food to an art form. The avocado and seafood app is gorgeousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.