10 Temperance St.
Toronto, ON M5H 1Y5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thechasetoronto.com/
- Phone: 6473487000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday : 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Steh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chase hospitality group is thrilled to offer our guests a unique and effortless event planning experience. Let our team of professionals put your mind at ease during your next event, from menus to wine selections, we will take care of every detail. The Chase and The Chase Fish and Oyster are the perfect venue to host weddings, business meetings, product launches, exclusive dinners, intimate celebrations, and so much more!
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Baumgartner 4163019309x
- Cross Street: Yonge St
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available during the evening beginning at 5pm. ($12).
Additionally street or underground parking is available during the day or for those who prefer not to valet.
The parking amenities are not owned or operated by The Chase, please see Green P parking for details.
A word from The Chase
The Chase is our passion for Casual Elegance. Our rooftop restaurant highlights what we love most about upscale dining, and presents it in a modest, welcoming and thoughtful way. Our ongoing chase for the finest ingredients from around the world coupled with simple and uncomplicated flavors is the foundation for our culinary philosophy. Using refined techniques from Italian and French cuisines we formed a menu that can be best described as Contemporary North American. It celebrates the beauty of simplicity and keep you craving more. The service is detailed and technical, but as comfortable as being at home. The room is sophisticated, but refreshingly approachable and unpretentious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
The Chase reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (86)hot spot (82)great for outdoor dining (68)romantic (64)scenic view (54)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (44)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (38)neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (15)great for brunch (13)Show More
- DisappointingImpressedwithgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have enjoyed lunch and dinner at this restaurant, but my latest dinner was disappointing. Food and service was good, but there were too many large groups who were noisy - office workers being let out of their cubicles and drinking too loudly. Other parties were kind of pretentious. I dont think I will rush to return in the evening. Lunch might be better for this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014The first set of hosts did were not too welcoming maybe they were sleepy. Second level hosts were a bit warmer. Brought me to the wrong table and didn't believe me when I told her she was wrong (Not all asians hang out with Asians). I ordered the pasta which had some very salty pockets, after a while I couldn't handle it anymore. Our server was good he took care of us. My guest and I shared the tartar which was good. He ordered the scallops which were good too. A bit over seasoned which took away from the scallops. I might recommend the place but with warnings. Worth a try, don't go with high expectations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Too loud Food decent but prices ridiculous Brilliant server - attentive without being overly so and aware of what was going on
- Good but still looking forward bestPaulShirinDined on 8/18/2014This is my 3th time been to The Chase (top floor), the whole experience is pleasant: food is nicely present and tast good, service is always attentive, ambience is stunning. But, as a regular restaurant goer and since this is a financial distric joint and reach to anniversary, I expect great. I found the Menu a bit tired - similar in a whole year period. If they can update the Menu more often like the others top notch restaurants do which' once per month that really drag my attention to go more often. Being in very high competition industry, service, innovation and creativities are the keys. I'm not surprised to find their sister restaurant's Menu quite similar be frankly. I love Chase, am looking forward to come back but not rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food and service were excellent. Imaginative menu and very attentive adn friendly wait staff. The patio is a great place to spend a sumer evening.Special Features:
- Great food, Great service.8here2Dined on 8/2/2014We sat on the patio, which was lovely, but a lady was smoking continuously. Fortunately, the breeze was blowing the right way, and people were moved, so the staff was accomodating. The food was delicious. We started with oysters, and moved on the mains which were the scallops, arctic char and sea bream, all of which were really yummy. Then, we were surprised by my husband being presented with their chocolate dessert and a candle. We hadn't said a thing, but I guess they noticed us toasting his birthday at dinner. We had the lime dessert and the cheesecake and both were really good. All around a lovely experience. I would highly recommend the Chase.Special Features:
- for a Special night out!MimiDined on 8/1/2014Although a bit expensive, it is worth it for a special occasion. Wine list is strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!luv2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014Amazing food, AMAZING service, such a beautiful place and a perfect experience!Special Features:
- The chase is specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Great food and service in beautiful setting! The Chef takes food to an art form. The avocado and seafood app is gorgeousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe, service and food!DeborahJDined on 7/29/2014I have dined at the Chase on two occasions and thoroughly enjoyed both nights out. It's a special place, with a great vibe and view. It's rare for a Toronto restaurant to be so innovative, fun and classy. The service is incredible, especially our server Geoff!Special Features:
- AMAZING SERVICE, excellent food.craigarVIPDined on 7/29/2014The best service you'll find in Toronto. Simply fantastic service levels - perfect. The food is excellent ... but not spectacular. No complaints and a lot of great things to say about it - but it fell short of a Wow Factor taste experience like you would find at most other of top-tier fine dining foodie-friendly restaurants in Toronto.Special Features:
- Good but watch prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014Service and food were excellent but we were shocked at a couple of prices. A martini was $18. I asked about a special, which was a 16 oz rib steak. The price? $130!! Glad I asked. My wife ordered the "rack roasted lamb" which turned out to be two smallish pieces. The price? $44! Really? For that price there should have been 3 or 4 pieces. Interestingly, our 3 fish dishes were more reasonable. I understand the cost to deliver great food and service in that location must be high but they should try to minimize the surprises and inconsistencies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularCroatianSensationDined on 7/26/2014Amazing from start to finish. Took my wife for her birthday. She loved it. Food was mouthwatering and service great. I recommend to anybody who wants to be pampered. Even the dessert was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service!girlsnightgalDined on 7/26/2014LOVED our evening at The Chase. Service was amazing. The server noticed my husband had a hard time reading the menu & brought over a selection of reading glasses for him to pick from. The brioche-like foccaccia was delicious. Appetizers were great; I had the avocado w/ shrimp, my husband had the tuna tartare (mine was terrific, his was even better). Our mains of veal & fish were cooked to perfection. For dessert, I couldn't choose between a PB chocolate dessert and a keylime meringue dish - I settled on one, and to our surprise the server ended up bringing both (one on the house) as he said they were too good to pass up. To top it all off, our car was pulled up, doors open & ready when we reached the valet at the end of the evening!Special Features:
- bizlunchVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our meals took too long- we waited over 30 minutes, and it made for a very awkward lunch with an important client.
- Somm StarNobleVinoDined on 7/24/2014Jordan Alessi has a great team at The Chase, with a very dynamic wine list and the food is superb.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and drinks!FranDined on 7/22/2014The atmosphere, the service and the drinks were really good. Really liked the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchCaromioDined on 7/22/2014Went to Chase to celebrate a close friend's birthday, and sat outside on the rooftop patio. Our server Quinn was charming, attentive and well-informed. Loved the patio, the elegantly presented and delicious cuisine and the wines (by the glass) were perfect accompaniments to the dishes we chose. Birthday dessert was on the house AND served with a personalized marzipan message. We loved the unrushed, friendly vibe and caring service. I would definitely go back to Chase. No, it's not inexpensive, but I felt we got great value for superlative food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful roomDMR2000Dined on 7/21/2014A beautiful room, with no detail overlooked. We had a very light lunch, but we enjoyed what we ordered very much. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantScotsmanInTorontoDined on 7/15/2014The Chase was a recommendation from a friend and it was seriously good. I was entertaining guests from overseas and they had a ball! Food was excellent as was the service and ambience. This is definitely on the $$$ side of high for food and drink - for example, a shot of very old Macallans whisky was $120 plus tax - as a Scotsman, let me tell you no whisky is worth $120 for 1.5oz. Great restaurant and the food was definitely worth the price. I can highly recommend the Dungeness Crab pasta - very good.Special Features:
- Fantastic Night!shadedblueDined on 7/11/2014Everything on the menu looked amazing, but when our server told us they could put together a tasting menu on the fly, we immediately put ourselves in their hands; they did not disappoint. Three incredible seafood, one vegetarian and one red meat dish later, we'd been wowed and delighted beyond expectation. Notable surprise: as an additional pairing with our last course - a succulent beef rib done in beautiful sweet and spicy asian flavours, our server brought us fine rum on ice, with a small glass bottle of coke to top up with: inspired. Service was uniformly decorous, but also enthusiastic, which made the whole experience that much better. The space is elegant, sexy, but comfortable. I would love to become a regular here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectEricDined on 7/11/2014Delicious seafood. Crazy expensive wine list. Skip the wine, enjoy more foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We had the signature chicken stuffed with foie gros and a special mushroom dish. Fantastic. Sat outside for our anniversary. Cigar smoking is permitted. Only complaint was noise from surrounding constructionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and WineYummyTummyDined on 7/10/2014I took my husband here for his birthday dinner. The food was great and the interior decor was also very nice. I would say this is the perfect after work hang out. The only thing I didn't like was that is was VERY loud and they played loud music as well, which probably brought the volume up, but that wouldn't stop me from going again!Special Features:
- A sceneMelissaMacKDined on 7/9/2014If you want to have some great food and service in an ear splitting setting then dine here. Too many people screaming at each other across the tables to enjoy the terrific food. Too bad.Special Features:
- Poor serviceLovingfoodVIPDined on 7/9/2014The service was lacking this time at Chase. It took us forever to get someone to take our food order and then bring us the bill. Food was also not as good as the last time....had the halibut which was good but the bed of veggies that it was served on top of were lacking in taste.
- Always a great dining experiencebeachesbenchDined on 7/8/2014The menu stays fresh and always perfectly executed. Just cannot get enough of the "Lime".Special Features:
- Great downtown lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2014Chase can have you in and out in 1 hour if you need to be - or longer if you want to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toronto GreatnessErezDined on 7/5/2014Great Location for anything from your first date to a business meeting. Great wines, Excellent food and Ambiance. Make sure you save room for deserts, all options are heavenly. The food is first class with great portions but in the right balance. Food is not overly complex yet with enough innovation to say this is Original. The Arctic Char, Spinach Pasta were the best items we ordered for the night.Special Features:
- Well done!jen1Dined on 7/2/2014We went on the recommendation of a few - and it was beautiful! The food was delicious, loved the room, and service was excellent. Enjoyed lobster (the most inventive dish), char, and a spinach pasta - all expertly prepared. The bar and patio were cute, looking forward to visiting again. Recommend!Special Features:
- A View From the ChaseXtianDinesDined on 7/2/2014Our table at the Chase provided a great view of Young street and the ambiance within the restaurant was very comfortable. While my appetizer, stuffed avocado, was more visually appealing than my entrée, both were incredible in flavour and texture. The Chase is an amazing location to celebrate any event or to simply treat yourself and others to one of Toronto's exceptional dining experiences.Special Features:
- Amazing!FleuryDined on 6/21/2014Great food and outstanding service; we enjoyed everything about this restaurant! A must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EliahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Eliah was our waiter and he was fabulous. He was so attentive and fun the entire night!! One of the better waiters I have had in years!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Dave Mottershall "Crushes It"!KidsgottaeatDined on 6/18/2014The staff is very attentive and pay attention to details all the way through the dining experience. The bread was fantastic, the pickled strawberry provided a nice twist to the traditional appetizer. The lamb was perfectly done and the coconut cake for dessert was to die for!!!! Chef Dave is a master of culinary skills and is a great find for The Chase Restaurant in Toronto. Chef Dave is on his way to becoming an iconic Chef and Chase TO well deserves the Top Restaurant rating! This is a definite dining location to return to and recommend to others!Special Features:
- Good service.candcDined on 6/18/2014Arrived an hour late but reservation was still honoured, service was great and food was ok. Was a little noisy, not recommended if you're looking for a romantic or quiet candlelight dinner.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been happierCathieVIPDined on 6/17/2014We celebrated our son's graduation with friends and family. The server was very attentive. The food was exceptional. We will definitely be back again. Thanks The Chase for another great evening.Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014My wife and I had our 2nd anniversary there on Monday. Service was 12/10, and so was the food. What a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chase has everything for everyone~!JodiDined on 6/14/2014Having exceptional food, whether at lunch or dinner, sitting upstairs or downstairs, this establishment has got it all~! Now with the summer weather, the terrace is quite inviting for a change of pace. The chef on either level "rocks", demonstrating special care and attention to every dish served. And, each dish served rises above a plate of food to an expression of love, both in terms of taste and presentation. From oysters, to fried chicken on the lower level, to roast chicken with foie gras on the upper level, menu options are extensive and hard to choose from...it is never about settling! Otherwise a home run!!Special Features:
- Great Food and Drinksangiann3Dined on 6/14/2014Great food for a lovely evening to celebrate something special. Bar drinks and wine list are also very good! Embiance indoor and out was outstanding. Would recommend to friends or family members.Special Features:
- Amazing Lunchluv2eatDined on 6/13/2014What an amazing lunch time getaway right in the heart of the city... the servers and staff were all super friendly and attentive, the food AMAZING. Love this restaurant... will definitely go back again and again and again!!!Special Features: